part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
lonely when you're alone (ww, o)
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 18:50:11 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
Coming from a large, tight-knit family to… essentially, enforced solitude, had been a bit of a shock to Symon. He went from being surrounded at all times by siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles to being alone, a lot of the time.

It wasn’t all bad. He had his work friends. He had his roommate . He had his jobs. Somewhere out there, he liked to think, he had .

But it got lonely simply by virtue of capacity: it was a big change.

He had never been afraid of being alone, or being lonely. But as time, it seemed, was running out, it was starting to press against him, like a leash around his throat: the friction was causing the threads to fray but it was wearing a raw spot against his carotid in turn. There was no telling would tell which would give out first.

And if, by some miracle, they all survived, how long would it be until the next cataclysm? And the next?

Hoenn was like that. He’d lived here all his life.

“I’m scared,” he said, voice a whisper, as he set the late fall geranium bouquets on the top of his grandparent’s graves.

“I don’t want to die.”

Vermillion hovered over his shoulder, peering down at the stone blocks in silence.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#A73D4A; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 5:02:40 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

"Ambroe, wait!"

'Where's he going?' The whole time Hazel's been here, the skittish duskull has been glued to her side, often phasing out of view whenever someone got too close. He's never run off before, and Hazel finds herself out of breath by the time he finally slows.

Hazel takes in the sight before her as she struggles to catch her breath. Row upon row of chiseled stone. Simple. Rough. Old. Some of these have been here a while. But why did Ambrose bring her here? Hazel turns to ask him, but finds that the duskull is on the move again, floating toward a large figure kneeling before a grave. Ambrose vanishes before he reaches the man, leaving Hazel standing there wondering what to say. She doesn't want to intrude. Nana taught her better than to intrude on someone else's private moment, but then he speaks and it feels like a blow.

Hazel knows that feeling. She feels it every time she pays her nana a visit and finds herself face-to-face with the reality of the fact that she's slipping away. That, day by day, there's less and less of her. That, someday, she'll stop by for a visit and the last person she has left in this world will be gone.

"Everyone's scared sometimes," she says, voice soft, unsure, but she has to say something. It's weird, having her nana's words fall from her lips, it feels like she's a child again, clinging to her favorite blanket, sobbing in the wake of her parent's death. It wasn't just that she missed them -she did, terribly. even now - but their death had come with a terrible realization. People could die. Even strong, healthy people, and that thought had shaken Hazel to her core, had left her wondering if she would be next. If one day there would be another accident or she'd brush her teeth and go to bed just like she did every night and never wake up again. Hazel hadn't wanted to die.

She doesn't want to die now either, but she's gotten older and the thought doesn't scare her as much as it used to. Or, at least, not in the same way. Death isn't just something that comes calling out of nowhere, the dark shadow that hung over a girl too young to process why her life had suddenly fallen apart on what should have been a perfect mid-spring day. It's also something that comes at the end of a fulfilling life. Her nana had taught her that, and Hazel's intent on making sure that her own life is a worthwhile one, that she finds a way to leave her mark, even if only in little ways, that she gets to live on in the memories of people that love her.  'Who will that even be when nana's gone?' The thought isn't a comforting one. Neither is being stared at, but she supposes that's what she gets for intruding.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." She wonders if maybe she should have kept quiet and left him to his visit after all, to his fear. But that's not who she is. "That's a really pretty bouquet. My mom used to love geraniums." Past tense. Yep. Still hard. 

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
am i running out of lifelines?
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 23:39:21 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
Everyone’s scared sometimes.

Sy doesn’t jump so much as his chest squeezes. His gaze tracks up, head tilting towards the blonde stranger and her hovering Duskull.

His first instinct is to smile, so he does; smile and be polite. His smile is sad, though, and his eyes drop back to the smooth stone with MARION BLESSING chiseled into its surface.

His second instinct is to argue. He shouldn’t be scared. He’s supposed to be big, strong, and brave! He’s not supposed to be scared! A childlike mindset, in its simplicity, but one that has gotten him through a lot of things.

Not the literal end of the world, though.

“You’re okay,” he says, and his voice is strong but soft, and the feelings in it are genuine. “No harm done.”

He straightens the flowers, even though they’re already straight. “Thank you. My grandpa had a big garden. Well, big for Lilycove. He grew all sorts of things.” He pushes himself to his feet, wiping palms damp from the fall grass on his jeans.

“I’m Symon,” he offers, holding out his hand to shake.

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 19:05:21 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

Hazel imagines the garden. Geraniums, like the ones from the bouquet. Maybe some roses. Or lillies, in honor of the city itself. Vegetables tucked into little raised beds, screened in to keep wayward critters out. She likes the garden in her head - Not too big. Not too small. Well cared for. Loved. That's how she chooses to imagine it because she's never been to Lilycove, at least not that she remembers. Though there's always a chance that her parents took her there when she was still too young to commit the trip to memory. Memory is funny like that.

The man towers over her when he stands. Introduces himself as Symon. Symon has kind eyes and Hazel can't help but smile back at him. She shakes the offered hand.

"Nice to meet you Symon, I'm Hazel, and this is Ambrose." It's rare for the duskull to remain when strangers are near, rarer still for him to actively lead Hazel to one, but he's back in view, hovering a little ways off to the right of the gravestone. 

"I'm kind of surprised he's not hiding right now. He's usually afraid of strangers." And other pokemon, for that matter. Hazel's gaze flicks briefly to Vermillion, hovering at Symon's side. 

"Maybe he sensed that you were scared of something too." She nods. That seems about right. Ambrose has always been particularly attuned to people's emotions. Always appearing on particularly rough days. Hovering above the bed like a solemn guard the night after Hazel's parents had died and she'd cried herself to sleep. "I think, sometimes, when you're scared, it gives someone else a chance to be brave. To show you that they care." Nana's words again, but this time they don't hurt.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Sy, Bless
He/Him
july 14
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
Himbo
Civillian
am i running out of lifelines?
awards
235 posts
part of
TAG WITH @symon
symon blessing
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 22:10:38 GMT
symon blessing Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
“Hazel,” he says, trying the name on his tongue and decided he liked it, and it suited. He tracks Ambrose’s movement with his eyes. “And Ambrose. Nice to meet you both.”

Vermillion floated up over his head, an insistent chirp escaping her.

"Ah, sorry, Verm. This is Vermillion." He pointed up at the Comfey, who cooed happily.

Hazel admits her Duskull is normally very shy and Sy’s smile turns into a genuine grin. All the sadness in the world couldn’t keep him down long. “Kindred souls do seek kindred souls, as my grandmama used to say.” He lets his accent peek out, just a little, just a little taste of old country-boy Sy, a hint of nostalgic sweetness, before banishing it back into the grave from whence it crawled.

“I think that’s very wise,” Sy said, nodding in agreement. It sounded, he thought, like advice a grandma would give; he didn’t know they were thinking in the same vein. He turned his body to look back toward his grandparent’s headstones. His brightness dimmed, if just a little.

“Have you been in Hoenn long, miss Hazel?”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights