Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 17:05:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

November was the season of giving thanks. And while Penelope was more than thankful of the very fact her boyfriend was still alive and not rotting in some ditch, the scars of hurt still tore at her heart, ripping and tearing at the seams whenever a smudge of a thought of his lies trickled into her mind.
[break][break]
It was what sealed her lips close as she stood beside their now shared bed, plucking piece after piece from Cian's belongings. She'd give each one a short glance, giggling at the occasional oddball, such as the colorful figurines and comic books he'd packed.
[break][break]
Having her own assortment of geeky decorations out and about -- mainly related to D&D and her favorite mmo, the last fantasy 41 -- Penelope wasn't a stickler when it came to maintaining a particular apartment style. Comfort over style, she'd say. So wherever Cian thought to put them, she'd usually agree, or at least offer a similar solution.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 16:09:10 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

things have not been easy but they have not been terrible either. there are times where it's easy to slip into their bubble and ignore everything that has happened, but then there are also times where problems stare them right in their faces and it becomes almost impossible to ignore.[break][break]

moving in is a little bit of both.[break][break]

"i think that's everything i have."[break][break]

he places the last anime figurine of mineta from my hero down, then turns to look at her.[break][break]

"looks like i'm officially moved in."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 7:53:00 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Twisting her head back around, Penelope was greeted with both the final piece of their long onslaught of unpacking as well as the ugliest little purple man.
[Break][break]
"Hows it feel," she asked, fixing her lips into a smile. It was only half forced, given how, despite her conflicted feelings, she was elated by the idea of them actually living together. Just the thought alone made every day a smudge more bareable.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 7:27:55 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it helps that this is a new apartment they're both essentially moving into rather than one of their previous ones. that would've made it feel less like their home, he supposes.[break][break]

"it feels nice. right, i think."[break][break]

he's never been one not to be sappy.[break][break]

"how does it feel for you?"

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 7:57:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

If she were honest, she'd admit it was exciting, of course, but also a little odd. It had been years since she last shared a space with someone. And, even if their weekend were already spent hopping from her place to his, actually coexisting with one another was another beast entirely. Not to mention the fact that the last time she had taken this large of a step forward in a relationship, it didn't end in the best of ways.
[break][break]
"Relieving, I think," She said, only half-lying. "It's nice to know, even with our jobs, we'll have someplace to go back to."
[break][break]
A way to see each other.
[break][break]
Just that thought alone was enough to calm her anxieties. Those pesky bastards.
[break][break]
"Oh, by the way." Her lips pressed into a half frown, already weighed down by the very idea of what she was about to say. "I probably should've mentioned this sooner, but um, I just wanted to let you know.... My ex. He lives a few doors over. I didn't find out until after I signed the lease."
[break][break]
Just her luck, right?
[break][break]
"Just thought I should let you know, in case you two bump into each other or something."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 9:34:48 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

cian nods, agreeing with what she says because it is relieving to know that at the end of a rough day he would be able to come home to see her. home, as she is to him.[break][break]

his expression morphs into one of surprise at what she says next, clearly caught off guard though not in a bad way.[break][break]

"oh! yeah, no, thanks for telling me."[break][break]

he blinks, taking a moment to process things.[break][break]

"did, uh, things end up bad terms? just so i'm aware if i need to be ready for a fight when i take the trash down."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 2:13:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Things ended on... complicated terms.
[break][break]

Still in love, but wounded and betrayed, the way Penelope's relationship with  ended wasn't as cut and dry as she would've liked it to be. But she doesn't hint towards this, either with her words or expression. While her eyes briefly flickered, her face remained still, allowing her to press on without wavering for a second.
[break][break]

"Nah," She physically waved away the thought, smiling, "You don't have to worry about anything like that. "
[break][break]

If anything, it was Ollie that should fear facing Penelope in the halls, but again, that is not a conversation she would want to dive into.
[break][break]

It was better to just forget and press on. Easier, too.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2022 10:12:13 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

unfortunately, it's a topic that greatly interests cian if only because they've never really spoken about their dating history. his isn't that long to begin with but he has no problems sharing, so he assumes she may feel the same way.[break][break]

"cool, cool. good to know."[break][break]

all important information to know as well.[break][break]

"how long were you together?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 5:04:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It wasn't like Penelope was secretive about her dating history. It was short and concise, without many variables to consider, but when it came to this specific person, it was different.
[break][break]
"Four years."
[break][break]
While her feelings toward had already dried up, the hurt and betrayal she felt at the end still clung to her like a stain, inflicting the occasional spasm of anxieties she never would've had before.
[break][break]
"We met after I came back from Kalos...only for him to leave me for Kalos," She barked out an awkward, bitter laugh. "But that was forever ago."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 16:29:24 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh shit."[break][break]

it spills out before he's able to catch it because four years is a long time. it's much longer than any of his previous relationships, so he's not too sure what to feel exactly because of it.[break][break]

"sorry, yeah, it's just...i think that's like twice my longest relationship."[break][break]

the chuckle that escapes is awkward at best even if he does try to mask it.[break][break]

"how long ago?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 17:14:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His initial reaction evoked a flicker of fear to cross her gaze.
[Break][break]
Did she say something wrong?
[Break][break]
"Oh, uh, yeah. 4 years is pretty long."
[Break][break]
Idle fingers played with the ends of her sleeves, fiddling with them as she awaited another response from Cian. Anything to cool the rising tension she had unknowing brought upon what was supposed to be a cherished moment shared between them.
[Break][break]
"3 years," she confirmed with a half smile. Almost another lifetime ago, all things considered. "So, basically forever ago."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 16:05:33 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"that is forever ago."[break][break]

not really. while three years is a long time, four beats that, and he's pretty sure he's read somewhere that it should take the same amount of time to get over a relationship. some clickbait article told him so it must be true.[break][break]

"is he like over you and stuff? i mean i guess he should be, right? cause he left you for kalos..."[break][break]

he's speaking every thought that comes to mind, basically.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 18:27:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The last question caught her off guard. Looking back, eyes wider than before, she answered with a voice more confident, more firm than it had been throughout their entire day spent together.
[Break][break]
"Of course. And I'm over him."
[Break][break]
Small steps intertwined the space between them, allowing her to inch close enough to reach for his hand. Her fingers dangle longingly for his.
[BREAK][break]
"There's nothing to worry about. I just wanted to give you a heads up."
[Break][break]
She offered a smile.
[Break][break]
"And, if anything, it'll only be for a year."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 10:06:01 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

his hand finds hers, tethering him to her. the loud thoughts that once swirled start to quiet, eventually subsiding enough to be mere knocks rather than bangs.[break][break]

"i trust you. thank you for sharing."[break][break]

he returns her smile, though frowns moments later as a thought occurs to him.[break][break]

"wait, what's happening in a year?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GIVE AND TAKE
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 7:39:15 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah shit.
[Break][break]
She hadn't meant to mention that much. Quickly, her gaze shifted to the side, desperate to catch onto to something, anything interesting enough to distract her.
[Break][break]
Eventually she settled for the ugly purple figurine from before.
[Break][break]
"Mmm,"she bit down into the insides of her cheeks, grinding the squish of flesh lightly between her teeth. "Well, like, if I-- if we're expected to stay here for a bit, I was thinking, maybe it'd be worth the effort to maybe buy instead of just renting another apartment."
[Break][break]
Frankly, it was a thought that kept going through her mind back when she was initially apartment hunting. What was the point of dealing with shitty landlords and overpriced amenities when you could purchase a cute little townhome, fix it up, and maybe sell it when the time comes. Or, live there forever. Either worked.
[Break][break]
Cian's little move in... certainly added another variable to equation. One she hadn't thought too deeply about. But, whether it be the the meteor's grip causing her to spin crazy thoughts into reality, or the high of moving in together, the idea of even talking about the possibility didn't seem that crazy.
[Break][break]
Crazy, but not THAT crazy.
[Break][break]

Her eyes hestitantly flick back onto Cian's, hopeful her words hadn't fully scared him away.
[Break][break]
"But that's just an idea. Either way, I probably won't stay here after my lease runs up."
[break][break]