Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CAN WE PRETEND THAT AIRPLANES (M)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 18:23:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It'd been a rowdy night for League's official power couple. From the drinking to the laughing to the dancing, they'd been having a fun night exploring Slateport City's flashy nightlight. And now, as the clock ticked away to the damning 1am, they were lazily streched out in the last bar of the night, in the furthest booth it had to offer.
[break][break]
Slamming another emptied pint onto the booth's tabletop, Penelope announced her fourth emptied beer with a wildish grin and boisterious, "Another!"
[break][break]
When her eyes landed back onto Cian's, locking on like a percise missle launcher, her grin grew, consuming whatever was left of her redden cheeks.
[break][break]
"Unless you think I shouldn't? Cause then I wont. BUUUUT I think I should. Just one. And maybe one more after."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
link

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 16:09:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

cian's almost gone by this point in the night — far beyond the point of tipsy but not quite uncontrollably drunk. it shows in how equally boisterious he's being when he barks out a laugh.[break][break]

"babe, you're like super wasted right now. so am i, oh, definitely so am i, but still..."[break][break]

he tips back the glass, downing the rest of his beer before waving at the bartender.[break][break]

"one more round please, bobby!"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 7:41:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Thank you bobby!!"
[Break][BREAK]
She waved toward the bar tender, smiley as hell, with only her other hand left to anchor her body still.
[Break][BREAK]
This was definitely the drunkest she has gotten in a while. Shackled to work, lately there were very few moments of reprieve left for her to enjoy. It wasn't until Cian reminder that there was a literal meteor looking to knock out their region that she finally agreed to go out and dick around for a night.
[Break][BREAK]
"God, bobs just the absolute best. Where would we even be without him?" She shook her head, still smiling. A brief pause was granted before she continued.
[Break][BREAK]
"Anywayssss," her gaze drew itself back to him, magnetic in nature, and she pointed straight at him. "You. You never gave me a straight answer!! I wanna knowwww-- what is the stupidest thing you've ever done, huh? Huh??"
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 7:27:41 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he's stuck in an infectious laugh as he stares at her pointed finger.[break][break]

"me? fuck, way too much."[break][break]

the stupidest thing he's ever done? well, the obvious one is joining team rocket, but he imagines that's not something either of them need to hear right now so he quickly thinks of something else.[break][break]

"i cooked chili once and didn't boil the beans before because i thought it would just cook when i simmered it."[break][break]

his eyes flutter shut as he recalls the incident.[break][break]

"did you know uncooked beans are, like, dangerous for you?"

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 7:45:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"No, you didn't!!"
[break][break]

His infectious laugh carried over to her, like a disease prowling for its next victim. Hers rose from her chest, hearty and loud, and her smile continued to grow until pain pricked her cheeks.
[break][break]

"Arceus, that's too funny."

[break][break]

The sound of their glasses clanging against one another sounded off to their left as the bartender set their round of drinks on the edge of their table. She lazily reached out toward the handle of her drink before pulling it to her lips, ready to take a greedy gulp of its golden goodness.
[break][break]

"You should hear some of my kitchen horror stories," she sighed, leaning back, hand still tightly coiled around the handle of her mug, "Like, one time I was trying to bake cupcakes, right? Wanted to be cute and shit for this guy I had a crush on." Pink pinched her cheeks as she continued. "I followed the recipe EX-ACT-LY, right right? But, the entire time I was rolling the batter into those small little circles -- God, I still can't believe I was this stupid -- I thought, something's off about this. It doesn't look right."

She paused, taking in a breath.

"I forgot to mix in the fucking flour. The fucking FLOUR."

She shook her head.

"Those cupcakes were the worst things I've ever eaten. Not cute at all."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 9:34:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i could've died..."[break][break]

which would've made the story even funnier, probably. rustboro's minor league gym leader dead by bean poisoning. what a twist that would be.[break][break]

when it's her turn to share, he's leaning in real close, fully invested as he nods his head every now and then. by the end of it, he's caught up laughing that it's hard to catch his breath.[break][break]

"not the flour...okay, yeah. i'll never cook chili again if you promise not to ever bake cupcakes."[break][break]

their new round of drinks are served. he swiftly reaches for his drink.[break][break]

"actually, we can swap! you make the chili and i will try and bake the cupcakes."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 2:20:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The implication Cian's uncooked chili becoming the final nail to his coffin made the story so much funnier than it already was. Roaring out another laugh, the woman had to force herself to breathe, slow and steady breaths, until air seared her lungs and her veins sang back to life.
[break][break]

"Cupcakes and Chili, what could beat that?"
[break][break]

Another hour swung by just like that. Between the beer, the laughter, and the stories, time had become a concept worthy of ignoring. That is until, of course, final call got announced.
[break][break]

The rest of the other drunk bastards began to wobble their way out from their booths and to the exit.
[break][break]

"Oh no!" Penelope looked to CIan, eyes widening in legitimate surprise. "Is it already that late?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2022 10:12:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"bobby!!!! let us stay, come on man, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaseeeeeeeee—"[break][break]

but bobby has had enough of them, apparently, as he is quick to shake his head and stand his ground. the two league officials must leave shortly or risk being thrown out (literally).[break][break]

"you're soooo fuckin' lame, booby."[break][break]

he groans, but concedes and pulls out his credit card to take care of their tab.[break][break]

"whereeee to next, babe?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 4:52:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Boooooo, Bobby, BOOOOO!"
[break][break]
Cupping her hands around her mouth, the woman echoed off a similar anti-bobby sentiment. For a brief second, a single  coherent thought slipped through her tangled mind, questioning whether a COUNCILWOMAN should be out this late booing a bartender for kicking them out, but that very thought was quickly discarded as her one and only love turned back to her with eyes as bright as the moon.
[break][break]
"I dunno. Back home, mayhaps?"
[break][break]
She tilted her head, considering the options as carefully as one could when deeply inebriated.
[break][break]
"Let'ssss just, mm, feel the rest of the night out? Likeeeee, let the WORLD tell us where to go next?"
[break][break]
Slipping her arm around his, Penelope slowly tugged Cian toward the exit of the bar, her speech growing far worst than her wobbly movement. Had it not been for that small hot dog break between bars 2 and 3, she would've already been knocked out on the ground. So, thank god for that.
[break][break]
With her free hand, she pushed open the bar's doors, allowing a wave of cool air to pass over them, sending goosebumps across her exposed skin.
[break][break]
[break][break]
But, before they could take too many steps forward, a sharp buzz sliced through the sky as Minior whizzed by their side, crashing down right in front of them.
[break][break]
"Shit."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 16:28:45 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

unlike his significant other, cian does not make the mistake of not eating before a heavy night out. eating is cheating, as some would say. but not cian. he's a smart, strategic drinker.[break][break]

but he's quickly pulled out of his thoughts as something comes crashing down right in front of them. concrete and dirt scatter, splattering their legs.[break][break]

"is it the end of the world already?"[break][break]

though said as a joke, there may be some truth to that as he looks up to see dozens of falling minior, all of them headed straight towards the two.[break][break]

"oh shit shit shit."[break][break]

drunk but not stupid, cian fumbles for a pokeball that pops open when it's dropped. the noctowl that forms is immediately given an order.[break][break]

"try and slow them down, hibou!"[break][break]

asking for maybe the impossible, cian watches his noctowl take flight only to release an UPROAR. sound waves look to buffet the minior back.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noctowl"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 19:40:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

If Cian wasn't going to be stupid, then Penelope couldn't be either.
[break][break]
"Mr Rime," She squeaked, sending forth her small gentleman to their side. "Use protect!! Hurry!!"
[break][break]
Grabbing one of his arms, Penelope dragged the poor Pokémon along with them as he did his best to angle his cane and send forth a protective barrier around them, in case any of those 'shooting stars' decided to slip through the Noctowl's ROAR.
[break][break][break]
"There!"
[break][break]
Jutting out her chin, she gestured toward a nearby Bus Stop they could possibly use to shield them from this upcoming storm. With Four sheets of metal surrounding them, and Mr Rime's protect to cover the gaping hole, it might be their best chance of finding asylum without begging some poor shop keeper to let them inside.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 10:06:23 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh good HEAVENS—"[break][break]

cian doesn't realize that they might be in a lot of danger until it's spiraling right towards him. one of the miniors strays clear of noctowl's UPROAR and is about to smash into him. thankfully, mr. rime's PROTECT keeps him safe and alive.[break][break]

instead of dreading the situation, he simply laughs, letting the influence of alcohol carry him as he tugs her over towards the metal bus.[break][break]

"there! there! we'll be safe!"[break][break]

noctowl soars overhead, shielding them from stray minior as it continues its UPROAR that's bound to wake the whole street up.[break][break]

"but we have no driver..."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 7:52:34 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

We're the driver.
[Break][Break]
Penelope shoved down the drunken suggestion with a mouthful of air as she pushed through the final stretch of ground and piled into the bus, close behind Cian.
[Break][Break]
"Maybe he's running late?"
[Break][Break]
The quarter of her brain twitched at the thought. It made sense, at the time, given that she'd had more than a few experiences of her bus drivers taking hour long breaks. Usually at the worst of times.
[Break][Break]
"We should just wait! Not like we're in a rush."
[Break][Break]
Hand tethered to his, Penelope led Cian further into the bus, where endless rows of worn out seats populated their vision. Every step they took matched the banging of Minior hitting the bus' sturdy top.
[Break][Break]
Once they settled into some seats, Penelope would immediately find herself leaning against Cian for support, seeking comfort in the crook of his arm.
[Break][Break]
"Mmm. What should we do to pass the time...?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 14:22:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"no...bus drivers are never late."[break][break]

especially in slateport of all places. this coastal city is arguably one of hoenn's most developed places, so for the bus to run late would be a travesty.[break][break]

fits of laughter escape him as he's dragged further into the bus, soon falling into a seat that's awfully comfortable despite the apocalyptic sight right outside the window.[break][break]

"mmmmm there's so much we could do."[break][break]

he leans into her as well, head soon tilting to peer up at her.[break][break]

"we could drive the bus."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 5:54:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You do raise a good point," She hummed, betraying her previous thoughts. Not that she could blame the alcohol for her inner contraction. While it did play a part, the main culprit was laying right beside her, staring back up with eyes that could move mountains.
[break][break]
Soft and loving, her eyes settled back down onto his.
[break][break]
"But, counterargument, do you even know the way back to the hotel." A soft giggle rolled out. "Cause I sure don't."
[break][break]