August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
One Sheep, Two Sheep [M]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 18:24:03 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

One sheep. Two sheep. Wait...sheep? 

Hazel finds herself drawn to the shop window, watching as two more mareep wander by. Huh. That's odd. She doesn't see many mareep in the city, and she hasn't seen this many in one place since she visited Errol's farm out on Route 102. Wait, these aren't Errol's mareep are they?

Sure, enough, Hazel catches sight of another one as it wanders toward the alley across the way, it sports a telltale pink splotch just above its tail. They are Errol's mareep. Oh no! They must have gotten scared and broken out during the storm. It had been a pretty bad one. Even Finn, who was usually the bravest of Hazel's pokemon, had curled up under the comforter on her bed and refused to come out as booming thunder heralded bright flashes of lightning. 

Snagging her coat from the hook near the door, Hazel flips the sign on the front door to closed and hurries outside, hoping to catch sight of at least a few of the wayward sheep pokemon before they scatter and end up lost all over the city. 

Thankfully, the storm has mostly petered out and the young witch only has to contend with a bit of light drizzle as she makes her way over to the nearest mareep. The escaped sheep pokemon has stopped to try and headbutt one of the trash barrels at the mouth of the alley onto its side. Could it be hungry? That might make it easier to lure back to the farm, but where did the other ones go? 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
One Sheep, Two Sheep [M]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 14:56:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

One Sheep, Two Sheep

Sheep chasing with

He really had too much time on his hands nowadays.

"How long's it been...?" He wondered aloud to himself as he sat underneath one of Petalburg's beautifully traditional gazebos, listening to the pitter patter of the pouring rain.

Well, to himself, and to the wet little Mareep sitting besides him, both of them waiting out the rain together in otherwise comfortable silence.

Other than the wise sheep besides him, a few other Mareep stood out in the open rain, toppling trash cans, prodding vehicles and window shopping on the district's several family owned stores.

"... Should I be doin' somethin' 'bout this?" The young captain asked the sheep besides him. He recieved a gormless stare in response, the Mareep staring at him for but a moment before slowly turning towards him and hiking her front legs atop his shoulder, reaching for his straw hat.

"Alright, alright, I get it!" He huffed as he gently held her face away from his hat, hooking an arm around the sheep's puffy body before standing up, hoisting it underneath his pit. "Y'all are darn lucky a farm boy found ya first."

The rain had become little more than a drizzle when Doug rounded into another petalburg street, carrying one mareep under his pit and another over his shoulder, munching on his abused straw hat as he looked around the shopping district. Another munched on the pant leg of his jeans as his gaze fell upon the only two other figures he could see.

A young woman and her(?) Mareep. She didn't look quite like a farmer, but...

He whistled sharply to get their attention.

"Oi! These yer flock?" He asked as he gently pulled his pant leg out of his charges' maw, before jogging up to the woman.

close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
One Sheep, Two Sheep [M]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 3:26:13 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

"Hey, that's not food! You're going to make yourself sick if you eat that!" The mareep pays her little mind. It has its sights set on a takeout container filled with noodles and mold, and by arceus it's going to eat every last bite! 

"Come on, stop that!" Hazel pushes at the little sheep's head this time, trying to shoo it away from having a really bad day, again to no avail. "Stop. Being. So. Stubborn," she tells it, tone gaining force as it continues to slurp down noodle after noodle. It was going to be sick at this rate! And then Errol would need to pay for medicine, and Hazel knew that the farm hadn't been doing as well as it could have been of late, even if Errol hadn't said anything about it the last time she'd been by. What if he couldn't afford to have a sick mareep right now? And what about all of the other ones that had escaped? What if they were getting into something even worse!?

Resolved to save Errol from a steep sick sheep related bill, Hazel settles her palms against the mareep's side and shoves, feeling only marginally guilty when the little sheep pokemon topples over onto its side. 'Oops.' There's already an apology on her lips as she rights first the trash bin and then the mareep. "Sorry about that little guy, but it was for your own good." And Errol's. Speaking of Errol, she really has to get this little one back to him, and the others too, if she can find them. But how to get it to follow her? She has some berries back in the shop. If it's hungry enough to eat moldy noodles, that ought to do the trick! 

Hazel is about to cross back over to the shop when a man whistles to get her attention and, oh! he's got two mareep! "Oh good! You found them!" she exclaims, cheered by their sudden reappearance. "I saw them pass by earlier, but I wasn't sure where they'd gone. They're, uh, not mine though. They belong to Errol over on Route 102. They must gotten scared and broken loose during the storm. He's probably worried sick about them right now."

How many more were wandering the city? It was impossible to know. Hazel had only seen the 3, but that didn't necessarily mean that there weren't more of them running amok. If Hazel remembered correctly, the last time she'd visited the farm, Errol had had six sheep. "I don't know how many fled into the city, but last time I visited there were six." Not that she knows the first thing about how to track them down, if they're even in the city at all. Not to mention the fact that she needs to get these ones back home first. "Would you mind helping me get them back over to the farm? I'm not entirely sure I can manage them on my own, especially if the other three are lurking around here somewhere."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
One Sheep, Two Sheep [M]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 11:46:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

One Sheep, Two Sheep

Sheep chasing with

The young man gave a wry grin, before flinching as he heard a crunch behind him.

"They found me, really!" He said whilst holding one of the sheep as far away from his straw hat as he could, the little cutie still nibbling on some torn straw as he huffed. "Startin' to think there might not be much o' me' hat left 'fore I find their trainer. Errol on Route 102, ya say?"

Sounded like a farmer— otherwise known as someone Doug could get along with well. Maybe he could ask the man for some straw once he got there.

If he got there in time anyway.

"Six? Shucks! Didn't see any other Mareep on the way 'ere!" Doug said, placing the sheep down on the sidewalk in a huff before turning around. "I'll give 'nother run 'round and— eh?"

He paused at her request, blinking briefly.

"But the other Mareep..." He began to say— before once again falling silent. They had no way of knowing if all Mareep had escaped other than checking back at the farm.

May as well return these two first.

"— Nevermind! Wouldn't mind one bit, missy." He said as he turned around yet again, squatting down to try and pick up the sheep once more. "Ahyup! Boy, these lil' guys are fat n' healthy, ain'em? Hooey.

Shifting the Sheep under his pits while the little Mareep gently kicked their feet to and fro, the young man turned towards the young lady, grinning.

"Name's Doug, by the way. I'm an ol' hand when it comes to farms; you can leave the sheep wrangling to me!"

close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
One Sheep, Two Sheep [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 17:51:53 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

Oh no, his hat! One of the mareep that Soug had snatched up was about as determined to chew up his straw hat as noodle mareep had been to make itself sick eating trash. At this rate, Doug wasn't going to have much of a hat left by the time the little sheep was done taking its fill. Or maybe it would survive after all, she thought as he shifted the mareep under his arms instead. Hat saved!

As for noodle mareep, he went right on back to slurping away while Hazel was chatting with Doug. "Hey now, stop that! What did I just say about eating trash? Those are moldy. You're going to get sick." And then she was scooping the sheep up in her arms, hold awkward but mostly firm. Now, if only she could stop him from squirming around like that...

"How do you keep them from squirming?" she asked, marveling at the fact that, after a minute or so, the sheep tucked under Doug's armpits had stopped trying to free themselves so that they could go right on back to gallivanting through the city looking for food, not that the little gluttons needed it. Hazel knew for a fact that Errol kept them well fed, and even if she hadn't been by the farm to see them being cared for, it was pretty obvious by the size of them that they weren't exactly starving. 

Seriously, she was mystified by the fact that the sheep seemed so at ease around Doug. Maybe he was a farmer like Errol. He kinda talked like one, not that Hazel was about to judge him by the way he spoke. That kinda thing never went well for anyone and was rude besides. Oh, but he said he was good with sheep. Maybe he was a farmer after all! That explained why the sheep had calmed down for him.

"Thanks for helping by the way, I'm Hazel. I own the shop over there." She did her best to gesture toward the little psychic shop across the way with her sheep laden arms, then stopped because it just made the squirming that much worse. "Please hold still, we're trying to help you," she told the sheep in her arms. She could put him down, she supposed, but she didn't want him eating any more trash.