part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 19:29:00 GMT
andres buenaventura Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Andres nodded. While he preferred the city and the solace to loneliness it provided, he could see why Onyx preferred it. The silence, the darkness- those were his bread and butter right? How he worked in…whatever he did. Andres refused to ask, to know. He wanted deniability. But every so often he remembered that time in Mauville with the bodies- people. He remembers the sharp toothed smile of a predator from his youth. Its fitting, even if he worked for clubs from time to time. [break][break]

Though the more quiet revelation gives Andres pause. It's softer than what he had assumed prior. He watched Onyx for a moment as this clashed with what he'd been thinking. If that was the case then how fitting Onyx had brought him out to the middle of nowhere versus taking him to a party or a movie. Though before Andres can say anything on the matter, Onyx rushes to turn the conversation back at him. Like he hadn't meant to admit that to him. Andres decided it was best to just smile at his friend. "Camping and the outdoors aren't my go to activities, but with the right guy, I think I could get used to it." He said with a small laugh. "I've always been pretty useless outdoors. Even as a kid." He added. Back then when he was just a scrawny dark blonde, with glasses and knobby knees. The gym challenge had been rough because of it. He'd made due but…he hadn't loved it.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#DBD31E;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
Homosexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me
awards
610 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 19:33:42 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]They were two ends of a compass: one pointing perpetually north, to quiet solitude and cold silence, and the other spinning in the whims of earth’s magnetic flux, desperately trying to hang on to warmth and light and humanity.

“I don’t like crowds,”
Onyx confesses, because he can sort of see where Andres’ thinking is going and he wants to shove this needle of positivity into the haystack, a catheter into the vein, IV injection of I’m not a monster I just don’t like bright colors and loud noises. “I never have.”

It’s unsettling. Onyx has never cared what other people think of him but he suddenly cares what Andres thinks. It’s an incredible amount of power to give to someone, power over him and how he feels. Certainly a weakness. But maybe not one he’s willing to divest himself from yet.

A softness comes over Andres' face and Onyx resists the urge to reach out and cup his cheek, pull him close; he wants to feel that softness against his palms, something so naturally empowered with levity in his world, surrounded by stone and heaviness. He stabs a cheese cube, instead, and pops it into his mouth.

He finds himself smiling around the soft flavor.

“Do you remember that stupid unit we had to do in gym class on geocaching? We had to hike through the fucking wilderness to prove we could follow a compass.” He rolled his eye, snickering. “One kid ended up walking through a whole fuckton of poison ivy.” Then he blinks.

“Wait, that wasn’t you, was it?”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
mission: minior mayhem
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

papichulo grippin' culo
he/they
october 14
castelia city, unova
pansexual
personal trainer
civilian
he looks up
grinning like a devil
6'0" height
6'0" height
it's like we go through the same shit every night
awards
461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 5:52:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Why not?" he asked. He doesn't ask but it's obvious he's making the connections in his head. So much of the gym challenge in Galar was the crowds, the notoriety across the region the further and further you went. So was he just really good as suffering through them? Had it all been for battling? [break][break]

"It was...a long day...I'd never actually been in the forest for that long." He'd also never walked that far, and while he had been a bit knowledgeable about building a shelter and finding water- none of that mattered when he was too weak to go more than a couple of miles and misidentifying plants. [break][break]

He blushes, embarrassed at the memory. He'd touched it thinking it something normal at first and then before the rashes kicked in he fell after tripping over a root. They'd found him tangled and dragging it around, covered in mud with his glasses cracked. The last one back for a good couple of hours. And swollen like a pufferfish no less. [break][break]

"Yeah...I couldn't move much because the itching got so bad I sat down and scratched instead of walking." That and he'd given up on getting out without somebody else's help. That unit had been to give kids a leg up if they managed to get into the Gym Challenge, which was many of them. After all, it was a popular thing. Andres hadn't cared much for it...until Onyx had shown him he did.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
Homosexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
610 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 1:20:25 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]Onyx’s eyes focus on something, a stitch in the blanket, and he scratches at it as he tries to think.

“I…”

He sort of trails off because he doesn’t know how to phrase what he wants to say. He doesn’t like crowds because he’s been in too many fights. He doesn’t like crowds because he’s killed too many people. He doesn’t like crowds because the rush and the clamor and the noise and the crush of bodies makes him antsy, and when he gets antsy he gets punchy, or worse, stabby.

“...claustrophobic, a bit, I guess.” He drops his shoulders in an attempt at a shrug. “Always feel like I’m suffocating.”

I'm not the same as I once was.

His face breaks in the biggest, nose-crinkling smile.

“Fuck, I forgot about that. That’s-- well, I’m sure it wasn’t funny at the time.”

The grin dissipates a bit because he realizes he’s having a laugh at Andres’ expense. It also starts a flood of memories up to… less savory moments in their conjoined timeline.

He can't really reminisce safely. After all, he's always been a piece of shit.

“I think you’d like the outdoors if you tried. Can’t really see the stars from the city.”

A blue Minior and a yellow Minior go sailing overhead, one trail just offset from the other.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

papichulo grippin' culo
he/they
october 14
castelia city, unova
pansexual
personal trainer
civilian
he looks up
grinning like a devil
6'0" height
6'0" height
awards
461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 23:19:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Andres watches, looking back at the stars to keep Onyx form feeling like a fish in a tank. He hadn't known that and it felt...odd. Different. Very few things bothered Onyx. He wouldn't thought his fears- dislikes would've been something more different. Not contradictory to what Andres knew him as: confident and wild and- [break][break]

He pushes the thoughts down as the word strong comes up, a memory of bone meeting metal flashing for a moment. He dared not think about those things while with Onyx. He didn't know what it'd make him do- or say. [break][break]

So when Onyx moves on, so does he, happy to forget. Eager to, in fact. "Well, there was a reason I didn't like PE." Team sports, cardio, basketball shorts too big on his skinny frame, borderline asthma- The list had been endless. He never excelled like that, not matter how much he'd wanted to. [break][break]

And As he says that the world id dyed blue, then yellow. Trails of colorful like cross creating a faint green for a moment before separating again. "Yeah...I guess you're right." he sips from his glass, awed by the poor Minior. For once he was at peace, his mind slowing down and focusing on a single thing again. "It's the one good thing I found out there." he said.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
Homosexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
610 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 19:08:16 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]He notices Andres averts his eyes and when he does Onyx takes the opportunity to stare. Because he’s beautiful, even in the low light; the way his collarbones set and the breadth of his shoulders and the heaviness of his brow and the brightness of his eyes and--

--shit. Shit. shit, shit shit.

The one good thing I found out here.

“Yeah,” he says, and his voice is hardly more than a breath, an exhale in the night air. Because he’s still fucking staring.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

papichulo grippin' culo
he/they
october 14
castelia city, unova
pansexual
personal trainer
civilian
he looks up
grinning like a devil
6'0" height
6'0" height
awards
461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 19:50:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Distantly, there's the sound of excited barking at Chuchi finds and herds away another Minior to who knows where. It doesn't break Andres' concentration. He doesn't turn to Onyx, not noticing the man's eye on him. [break][break]

He smiles before opening his mouth to correct something as she realized he misspoke. "It's one of good things I've found out here." He doesn't dare look at Onyx, dare offer insight. He only grins at the night sky before downing the last of his glass and setting it back down with care on the picnic blanket.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
Homosexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
610 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 22:05:00 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]Chuchi’s yowling is far-away. Background noise.

Onyx swallows. Watches Andres drain his wine glass, the sheen of it on the curve of his lips. Wondered how he’d taste, right now.

He averts his eye, and the spell, while not broken, is at least held at bay.

Get ahold of yourself, Straub, he thinks, furiously carving into some cheese.

“It’s not so bad once you get used to it.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

papichulo grippin' culo
he/they
october 14
castelia city, unova
pansexual
personal trainer
civilian
he looks up
grinning like a devil
6'0" height
6'0" height
awards
461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 22:47:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Do you hide out here when you're not visiting me?" Andres asked, shifting himself so he can wrap his arms aorund his knees and rest his chin on his arms. He really had no idea where Onyx went when he wasn't appearing out of thin air in his apartment. [break][break]

He hadn't know where the man had left to fully recover. His home had been offered, of course, but...he hadn't stayed. And of course he'd worried but... here Onyx was. Having a picnic under the stars and talking about their lives together. It gives him a sense of relief. It felt like Onyx cared enough to let him know he was ok. In his own way. [break][break]

Or at least trusted him enough to drop his dying body at his door step. He digs his nails into his arms trying to push away thoughts of the hospital and the surgery and Onyx- [break][break]

A squeeze of his eyes and the memory is gone, suppressed. Andres would never gather up the courage to really say what he's thinking. It was better to just set it aside and forget.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
Homosexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
610 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 23:48:10 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]Andres does this-- this-- prom-girl-esque thing where he bundles his ridiculously long legs up and wraps his arms around them and bats his eyelashes at him and Onyx swears he’s turning to pathetic jelly right here on this goddamn checkerboard blanket.

“Sometimes,” he says, “though I’ve been on the submarine a lot, lately. I hate it there. But hotels don’t really take kindly to you bleeding all over their sheets.”

He had options, of course. Could squat in an abandoned house or an empty apartment and just chill there. He’d done it before, shamelessly.

But ever since his brush with death-- his real brush with death-- he’d had this horrible inclination of bleeding out, alone, with no one there to know. It bothered him more than he’d care to admit. At least on the sub, someone did a bunk check every day or so, so if he’d died, they’d know.

“Felt like I imposed enough on you for a bit.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

papichulo grippin' culo
he/they
october 14
castelia city, unova
pansexual
personal trainer
civilian
he looks up
grinning like a devil
6'0" height
6'0" height
awards
461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 12:55:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Andres blinks, slow and stupid as Onyx spoke. "What?" He processes it all slow. Like what Onyx said hadn't been buck wild. He stays still, frozen as the gears in his brain turn the word 'submarine' over in his brain. And then something in his brain makes him jump right over that slip of the tongue, ignoring it in favor of hotel sheets. [break][break]

His own linens and the dried blood on his balcony something he'd had to deal with too. How many times had he stopped to cry the day after? Even more after Onyx disappeared from the hospital. [break][break]

His nails dig into his jacket as he tried to keep his thoughts from wandering. "You were bleeding out. I wanted to make sure you were ok." Andres said firmly, eyes on the grass and the stars. "You picked the worst time to not impose." He added, voice shaking as he forced it level, not wanting to be angry with Onyx. [break][break]

"I wish you hadn't avoided me after the hospital." Maybe it was a pride thing, but then Onyx was forgetting he'd already seen him laid so low.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
Homosexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
610 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 16:59:51 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]
"oh. rocket has a super secret submarine off the coast. surprise." his voice is flat in an attempt at humor. but his brow creases as he noticed Andres is shaking, and his voice is doing that punchy thing it does when he's starting to get angry.

onyx doesnt understand why.

"i--,"

he doesnt know why andres is mad and he doesnt know why he'd avoided him. he'd already almost died on his balcony-- more than that, he'd planned to die on his fucking balcony. so why hadn't he gone back? reached out?

his mouth is full of rocks. none of the words seem to want to come out.

"--i am not used to. having people who care," he says, slowly, and his eyes shift into the middle distance and unfocus because he's really, really thinking. "it. it never occurred to me you would-- want to know how i was doing." and there. that's it. that's the awful truth. he's not heartless, he's thoughtless.

he wants to reach out and touch andres and ground himself in that but he reaches for the blonde's wine glass instead, to refill it.

"genuinely. i didn't-- think. about it. i'm sorry." and he means it as he fills andres' glass up more than the standard amount and holds it out like a peace offering. "i know that doesn't make it better." because it sounds like onyx'd just said he doesn't think about andres. Does it make it any better that there hadn’t been intent?

"i do think about you," he says, arguing with his own thoughts, "all the time. but... i've been on my own for a while. everyone who's given a shit about me for the last ten years is in a Pokeball on my waist. reaching out, touching base, checking in... isn't something I know how to do."

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

papichulo grippin' culo
he/they
october 14
castelia city, unova
pansexual
personal trainer
civilian
he looks up
grinning like a devil
6'0" height
6'0" height
awards
461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 19:58:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Despite choosing to ignore word choice, Onyx doubled down. His head buzzes when he says Rocket. He doesn't think, lifting his head and snapping golden brown eyes at Onyx as a streak of pink blooms in the sky, scattering out of place mood lightning. The shivers that run his back aren't the usual goosebumps he gets around Onyx. [break][break]

It feels like their reunion all over again. With his survival instincts screaming at him to turn back, to run and Andres frozen in place. Then again, Andres was never a man of action. So this was no different to anything in the past. [break][break]

To Onyx its nothing, but to Andres, it's catastrophic. Horrifying. It's a life sentence. He shakes under the weight of the realization as he put pieces together. His brain races to process, to understand and suppress the emotion suddenly bubbling in his chest and his eyes. His hands curled into fists as he stares Onyx down in the darkness. [break][break]

He can't stop Onyx as he talks. Part of him softens and grows warm. Sympathy, affection, flattery. The other half grows hard and cold. Logic that begs he run back home and take a sabbatical. Make himself scarce like he had in Galar.

Everything Onyx said half registers with the undertone of a building fury- an indignancy he can't quite place. Was he protective? Was he jsut angry Onyx had done so stupid? Did it matter? Did he have a right to feel so possessive? [break][break]

Andres wants to comfort Onyx but he's about to snap. He wants to tell him to shut up and at the same time he knows if he does this badly Onyx would never tell him something this personal ever again. His breathing strains to keep up with his racing pulse. He takes the glass and watches him finish at his own peace while knocking back the wine like a jello shot. Its gone in 3 gulps before he sets it down. Wine drops dribble out of his mouth. He doesn't care. [break][break]

"What the fuck, Onyx?"
[break][break]

He cuts through the mood, the softness. The vulnerability of it all that he can't even take care of. Because he cannot suppress this. The question holds so much weight. Because why the fuck did he think it was ok to- to just- [break][break]

"Rocket?!"
[break][break]

Because here he was worrying and panicking and losing his mtoher fucking mind over this stupid, stupid man and he's explaining how he didn't consider- didn't think Andres cared. And he does. He cares so fucking much. He had never stopped fucking caring about Onyx and it felt like such a slap in the face.ike he was still invisible, and trying so hard to reach him and never quite catching. Frustration boils over in full display as his jaw clenched shut. A pair of eyes flash from the tall grass. Chuchi had crawled back towards the picnic sensing distress. [break][break]

"Ohmy GODS! Onyx, I forgive you for not realizing I give a fuck about you- but what the fuck?!" He runs hands through his hair. He can't balance conflicting emotions like this. He wants to hold Onyx and throw him at the same time. Chuchi waited, chewing on a poor pink Minior and waiting for Andres' orders.

[break][break]

+ | CONFIDANTS BUT NEVER FRIENDS. WERE WE EVER FRIENDS? [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
Homosexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
610 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 21:16:28 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]
he's taken aback by the speed with which andres snaps his head to look at him. onyx freezes, a predator caught out by the pray; like a tomcat who, afraid to look foolish, now has to preen and pretend he wasn't doing anything, actually.

andres snatches the glass and downs it and then yells at him. which, to be fair, he'd sort of expected. but not-- not quite in this context.

"what?"

and its not what he expected at all.

onyx's brow furrows and he inclines his head, watching andres boil over. lets him steam. but he's genuinely, genuinely confused.

"i thought you knew."

and it's the honest truth.
[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

papichulo grippin' culo
he/they
october 14
castelia city, unova
pansexual
personal trainer
civilian
he looks up
grinning like a devil
6'0" height
6'0" height
awards
461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andres
andres buenaventura
talk to the moon [m, c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 22:24:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

When Onyx speaks up- when he admits he truly thought Andres was already informed, something inside his brain short circuits. He wants to be angry. He is angry, but he can't let himself just be angry at Onyx. He can't allow himself to lash out at the Rocket. He doesn't want to. Because if he scratches the surface of all the wrong Onyx had put him through he knows he won't hold back.[break][break]

And he's scared of it. Truly. The boy he was over a decade ago would've killed for this opportunity. To be so close, so strong, so brave- and there Andres sat unwilling to live out the revenge fantasy of a fucking 11 year old. [break][break]

Because that's not what he felt when he looked at Onyx or when he thought about him now. Not now now, but presently. Yesterday. Today is a new beast entirely. [break][break]

So he tempers his fury. He cuts the man slack because it's not like they were anything to each other anyway right? And that thought itself also hurts. [break][break]

"I didn't." his words uttered without a stutter, flowing with an undercurrent of his anger. "I was 'gifted', not psychic." He can't say more than that. He shouldn't. Chuchi moves forward, dragging along her Minior. "But, it's fine. It's not like it's any of my business. Who the hell am I to know?" Who the hell was he? Just some guy. Just some dude Onyx knew that had irritated him to no end for years. Not even friends, because he wasn't good enough to be that either. Just some guy that won't complain about the break ins, or the one sided conversations. Just some guy that's available at any hour of the day to clean up Onyx's bloody messes. [break][break]

That kiss at the hospital must have meant fuck all. A place holder for someone else once again.
[break][break]

But he can't say that out loud. And so he spirals, hurting himself in the process. It hurts. It ripped at scar tissue and insecurity and he feels as shitty as he ever had been before he left Galar. And he knows its time to leave again. Chuchi knows it is to in the way she bristles, crouching on the sand and staying put as Andres gets up. [break][break]

He smiles, small and tight as he gets up. Eyes blank, forward, or anything but Onyx at the moment. It's almost mechanical in how strictly he compressed himself under a polite mask. It's obvious he does, but he doesn't care. "I need to go home for a bit. I'll text you in a week."

[break][break]

+ | CONFIDANTS BUT NEVER FRIENDS. WERE WE EVER FRIENDS? [break][break]