Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 15:03:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It felt like a sick joke on reality's part that Isaac kept being dragged back to Mauville City. Yet this time, he had no intention of getting tangled up in the usual song and dance with . No, he was here to visit the Mauville gym he hadn't fucked up.[break][break]

Rosmontis' forest clearing couldn't have been more different from the city it bordered. Far from a manmade juggernaut alive with lights, sound, and electricity, this small, cozy grove almost had a mystical quality to it. Isaac could practically feel the stress melting from his shoulders as he touched down onto the soft grass.[break][break]

The list burned a hole in his pocket. Where one stress ended, another began.[break][break]

He hadn't been able to find Eris. Even with only half of his vision to search with, the girl usually wasn't so scarce. With how the prospect of Littleroot horrified her, and with how callously Rocket's upper echelons regarded her outburst, he feared the worst. Yet perhaps she was okay, after all. She may have just been away. And who better to be away with than her one friend her age, the mysterious minor league gym leader that seemed hellbent on protecting her and everyone?[break][break]

No more stale hospital air. No more salt and seaspray. The rich, vibrant air of the forest filled Isaac's lungs instead. How the hell did it keep so crisp despite being next to Mall-Ville? Another point in the 'totally a dryad' column, if you asked Isaac. Still, he wouldn't look a gift forest in the mouth. Even if he somehow missed Rosmontis, a wander through the woods may have been just what he needed. Being on his feet and away from the bullshit was already starting to work wonders for him.[break][break]

Unless he got mugged again. That'd be some bullshit.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 6:56:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]
[attr=class,absolute-holderis]
[attr=class,image-divideris]
[attr=class,accentbgeris]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]
"Wait wait wait! Come back here!"[break][break]

The forest critters barely seem to bat an eye at the panicked cries. After all, this was growing to be a regular occurrence around these parts - The sight of a child clumsily running through the undergrowth as she chases a strange pink glow. At some point along the chase, a Luxray finally catches up, picking her up and letting her sit on his back as he begins to chase the sparkles down for her.[break][break]

And they close in rapidly, the glow just within hand's reach - Until it suddenly zips upwards into the tree line, watching as the duo of Luxray and Rosmontis continue barreling forwards with the force of their momentum. Slamming his paws into the ground, Reiner just barely manages to get himself turned around, only to see the lake guardian giggling over their heads.[break][break]

"I don't have time for this! I nee-"[break][break]

Mesprit isn't looking at her and it's not out of ignorance. That gaze she has is one focused on something far more distant. Following that line of sight, Rosmontis turns her attention as well, only to see a familiar face approaching them.[break][break]

"Isaac..."

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

[attr=class,erishopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentbgeris]background: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text img]padding:10px; margin-left:-20px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 14:12:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Between being the guardian of the forest and the crucible his morals dilemmas had been put through, Rosmontis always seemed on some strange level Above the usual going ons of Hoenn. Seeing her scrambling after this mystical light while panicking and flailing was a refreshing change of pace. It was a reminder that, no. She was just some kid that happened to be stuck 1v1ing the world.[break][break]

Isaac shot her a grin and a wave as he approached. He was indeed a familiar face: at least, about 85% familiar or so. The other 15% was brand new; judging by with how Isaac fiddled with the band of his eyepatch, it was just as new to him as it was to her. Still, he tried not to let it bug him. Outwardly.[break][break]

"What?" he asked, his tone lighthearted. With how Rosmontis' voice trailed off, it was clear a little bit of tension needed to be let out of the air. "You look like you've seen a ghost or something." Okay, so clearly she wasn't the only one with stuff to work out. But this was hard, okay? Sue him.[break][break]

He shook the joke off with a little snicker. "Good to see you again, Rosmontis. Been well, I hope?" He could certainly tell that things had been Interesting, judging by the giggling ball of pink currently twinkling over her head. Was that a Pokemon? He was a touch too far away to tell. But Rosmontis' forest was full of surprises, so he wouldn't be surprised if there were Pokemon he had never noticed before dwelling within.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 10:01:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
What had happened to his eye? It sure wasn't Halloween so...[break][break]

The question is quick to die on her lips. Instead, she turns her attention to Mesprit, extending a hand out as she takes a deep breath.[break][break]

"I'll buy you fruitcakes or whatever sweets you want. Just... come here."[break][break]

That's all it takes for the lake guardian's attention to be piqued, the little pixie now dipping closer to her before settling with wrapping her twin tails around Rosmontis' arm and asking to be held. And Mesprit soon finds herself rewarded with a marshmallow for cooperating.[break][break]

"Well... as well as one can be, having to deal with unexpected surprises. But adapting to things like this is practically my whole gym's gimmick, so I've been managing." She urges Reiner to walk a little closer, arms full with having to cradle the pink mischief maker.[break][break]

"Has Mt Pyre been changed by Palkia's influence?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text img]padding:10px; margin-left:-20px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 1:50:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Fruitcake? Sheesh, don't torture the poor . . . uh . . ." Isaac squinted as he tried to get a better look at the little ball of light that hovered around Rosmontis. Just what was that thing? Then the light died down a little, two tails unfurling from it and coiling around the gym leader. Soon, there was a little baby pixie snuggled up in her arms. ". . . Pokemon?"[break][break]

It sounded like poor Rosmontis was dealing with as much shit as Isaac had been. She was wrestling with the unexpected, and she wasn't about to let the unexpected win. The first question on her mind was what was going on with the other unexpecteds not taking place on her front door.[break][break]

"Changes, huh? Let's see." Isaac hummed, stroking his chin as he tried to piece together the parts that didn't involve him. "Well, for starters, Palkia itself changed. I don't know if it's some kind of different form, or the Triad tried to mold them into an image they like better. But it looks kinda like its arms got ripped off, and the rest of it got twisted into some kind f- messed-up Arceus wannabe. It wandered off now, and it seemed kinda happy we even gave it the chance to."[break][break]

"By the way, it got that chance because the dark triad's down to a dark . . . di-ad? Is that a thing? Because Father Winter isn't anymore, and I'll leave it at that." That wasn't really a change to the mountain itself, but it was important, so Rosmontis might as well know.[break][break]

"Honestly, if it wasn't for the giant rift floating over the mountain, you wouldn't even realize Palkia was there!" Oh. Right. That was important. "Right. Yeah. There's a giant rift torn over the mountain. Seems to be a gate between the worlds of the living and the dead. A bunch of spirits came out, some of which I didn't even recognize. And I don't think we're gonna know what that means for a long while."[break][break]

"What about Littleroot? What happened there? And-" He paused, swallowing hard. "Is everyone there okay?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 5:57:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
The region changes with or without them. It insists on accelerating their progress towards being the penultimate anomaly within the multiverse and gathers more eyes upon its existence. Palkia having seemed different fits her guesses, Dialga had been the same too.[break][break]

"We dealt with Dialga, freed it so it's probably somewhere in Hoenn. And Father Winter is dead... I figured that he might resurface after messing with people's desires last year." She's sure that Mercury is lurking somewhere nearby considering the faint pull of its mega stone in her satchel, and the meaning that it still carries remains a bitter taste in her mouth.[break][break]

"As for Littleroot... Dialga showed up, same influences most likely due to Arceus seeing us as a problem. I wouldn't say that everything is okay considering how many were essentially wiped out of the timeline whilst the DRK Triad still held control over Diagla."[break][break]

The other details about the rift and the fallen kingdom, she's sure that Rocket will make moves to explore it soon.[break][break]

"It's also where I found Mesprit." She sighs, looking between the curious pixie to . "I trust that you won't be telling anyone about her. I don't really feel like... being dragged into whatever problems this region might have."[break][break]

"Brrr?"[break][break]

"Anymore than I've already been involved in. It's a miracle that no one knows about our involvement in Littleroot, really."

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 7:25:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oh, great. So the gods of space and time are on the run now, and the big cheese upstairs hates us personally. That's comforting." It wasn't really a surprise, though. Isaac had seen that firsthand during his stay in Cyberspace. "It's funny. When some people got sent to Cyberspace, a few of us saw a vision of this kinda thing. Dialga and Palkia trying to fix the world, while big gold hands held them back."[break][break]

"But, why? Why does Arceus itself hate us? And why do Dialga and Palkia seem less hostile?"[break][break]

Still, that wasn't the only thing of concern that Rosmontis said. "Wait. The heck do you mean, wiped out of the timeline? Like, did Dialga just . . . un-make people? Or exile them from reality? Sheesh. At this point, I'm gonna count my blessings that the worst thing Palkia did was claw open an afterlife."[break][break]

Isaac was glad Zev had come back in one piece, as opposed to the zero pieces Dialga could apparently leave him in. He'd need to check on his other friends, too; Rocket or Ranger alike, the idea of them getting unmade left him sick to his stomach.[break][break]

Wait. He didn't see Eris. And she was very mad about Littleroot. What if she-[break][break]

The thought made him want to vomit. "Tell me Eris wasn't there," he said, worry quivering in his voice as he finally returned to the purpose behind his visit. "And please, please, please tell me that if she was, she didn't get unmade."[break][break]

Mesprit. At least some good came out of this horror. "If she's as rambunctious as she seems, you might have your hands full on that one," he said. "But, don't worry. Your secret's safe with me. Both the ones you're telling me now, and the ones you left in my pocket last time."[break][break]

He sighed, slipping the list out of his pocket and looking it up and down. "I swear. This thing's been burning a hole in my pocket for weeks now. And now, after everything that happened . . ." He couldn't finish the sentence himself. But it was clear that he'd been thinking.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 9:20:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
"At the very least, Dialga seems to have regained some semblance of rationality. And the DRK Triad has lost quite a few of their aces." It's a kind of optimism that she would take just to keep her thoughts from spiraling at night. "Arceus is probably indifferent to our individual existences, and more so focused on maintaining the balance between the universes that it has created. If the DRK Triad is right that we end up causing the downfall of other worlds, and it aligns with what Arceus might be trying to achieve..."[break][break]

As for the other pieces of the puzzle...[break][break]

"What Palkia and Dialga plan on doing might simply just be their instincts kicking in. But who knows how their interference with our world will affect the others? They could simply be slowing the inevitable, or end up allowing us to progress further down this path and destroy much more."[break][break]

She pauses for a moment, hoping to catch a glimpse of 's reaction to determine how she should phrase her upcoming answers.[break][break]

"Eris is safe, Mesprit protected us. I've been making her rest here, where I can keep an eye on her while she recovers." It technically isn't a lie and she doesn't miss a beat in reassuring him. "And well, now that the dust has settled for the moment, did you... have any questions about the list? Doubts? Worries? I assume that's your main reason for visiting."

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 15:21:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Seems almost like mirrors of each other," Isaac mused. For all they had been critical of the two-pronged strike, it seemed to have an unexpected payoff. Were Rocket and the League to gather all of their forces in one location, the Triad could have snuck behind their backs with ease. If Rocket stayed home, they'd be unable to lend their strength. Instead, with how events played out, both Palkia and Dialga could be accounted for.[break][break]

Did Walsh know something they didn't?[break][break]

This was all getting quite high minded for Isaac. Especially once theology entered the picture. "So, what? You're thinking all these universes, and still just one Arceus?" he asked. "Sheesh. Even by legend standards, that's intense. No wonder we're, like. Less than ants to it." Even Dialga and Palkia, whose mere presences warped the region, were as misbehaving pets being held by the scruff.[break][break]

Isaac thought for a second. And then a big, goofy grin spread across his face. "Ain't that something? Curator of the multiverse sends its heralds at us with its own bastardized creations in tow. And we send 'em packing! Omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient? More like omni-ain't-shit!" He laughed, because how could he not? Hoenn fought tbe ultimate cosmic law. And they won! "See? This is what happens when we can pull our heads out from where the sun don't shine and work together for five seconds!"[break][break]

It was a beautiful vision. A shame it was just a fantasy. He was still smiling, but there was sorrow in Isaac's eye. "It really is a shame, huh? What I wouldn't give to live in a world like that . . ."[break][break]

At least for today, Hoenn was safe. At least for today, Eris was safe. And with those big concerns out of the way, Rosmontis was all business. "I . . . I'm thinking of putting my money where my mouth is. Reaching out to them. Trying to see what they're all about," Isaac admitted. "But before I do, could you give me your thoughts? Who they are to you, what they're like, why you and Eris trust them?"[break][break]

He'd just had his own eye destroyed by his best friend. Trust, right now, was hard to come by.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 12:23:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
"Well, I would think that multiple Arceus existing is pretty meaningless. A god that creates all other beings would probably only have copies of itself to reinforce its will. Whatever it is, a god suddenly choosing to interfere isn't good."[break][break]

And the world continues to change with or without their actions.[break][break]

"It's... nice when both sides work together. But it doesn't work on a day-to-day basis just because of each sides beliefs, their past." For a brief moment, she swears that she feels Mesprit's emotions flaring, but that sensation dies down just as quickly. "I can only tell you so much about what Eris and I think of them, but whether you end up believing us..."[break][break]

She remembers how hard it had been for her to take that step, to admit how she was tied into the horrible monster that was Rocket.[break][break]

"When Eris nearly died to mistakes on both the League and Rocket's end, it was who saved her life. Ms Morales doesn't believe in Rocket's ideals, however, she is willing to give those who are seeking change a chance. I genuinely believe that she can help you, just like how she helps Eris."[break][break]

Take a deep breath, reset her thoughts.[break][break]

"... From what I've heard, Eris trusts her greatly, especially considering Ms Miro's stance on... certain issues within the League. It's probably a story that you'd have to ask Eris herself... but with how the two have been interacting, I surmise that Ms Miro be willing to hear you out. Of course, I'd understand if you had some reservations about trusting someone tied so deeply into the League. But on the flip side, I'd like to think that it's precisely because of her position that she may be able to provide help where other's cannot."[break][break]

Don't let the memories well up or the trick will be revealed.[break][break]

"As for ... He's a rather special case, but you can take my word that he'd understand the plight of those in Rocket better than anyone else. Kingsman tends to be pretty blunt, but he does speak his mind out of concern for your well-being. If we had to describe him... I think both Eris and I would call him an older brother, always looking out for us where possible."

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 14:57:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A lifesaver who, while not believing in the ideals many within Rocket harbored, was a good woman that valued life above faction and always saw potential for change. A trusted member of the Elite 4 who, despite her use as a League propaganda figure, had strong opinions on certain issues on how League affairs would be conducted. And finally, an enigma, whose story and blunt demeanor Isaac needed to trust Rosmontis on. Such an eclectic bunch.[break][break]

"Thank you for the info. You weren't kidding when you said I'd need to do a lot of trusting, huh?" Isaac mused. For every answer Rosmontis provided several more questions arose, and many of them were for Isaac to investigate and decipher himself. How troublesome.[break][break]

He had some leads, at the very least. An rendezvous with was still on the table, and she'd likely have another perspective on her fellow head smarty. was also someone he wanted to see, if only to thank her for saving his life. He might as well get a less biased perspective on Razz from her while he was at it. With Melody, however, he was flying blind.[break][break]

"Who do you think I should start with?" If trust in these strangers was hard to give, trust in Rosmontis was surprisingly easy. She was the authority on this subject, after all. And she had this air about her that made her easy to confide in. It was almost as if she was an old friend.[break][break]

Yet darker thoughts lingered in the back of his mind. "And how do I know they won't just lock me up when I start poking around?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 15:54:08 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
"Well... I'm not exactly the best at describing a person's character. But it's just... that feeling I get when I'm around them, like they'd be there to help when I need them the most and that they wouldn't betray me." Looking to Mesprit, she notices the way that the lake guardian peers up at her too - Her eyes filled with such delight and warmth. "If anything, you could probably call it a child's intuition."[break][break]

And what if you're wrong?[break][break]

Even if she says she believes, there's always that small bit of doubt that lingers in her heart; One that only grows when fed by the worries that others put forth. What if she ends up putting him in harm's way? What if she's been lied to and she's simply being used? The what-ifs keep piling heavy on her shoulders, but everything stills as Reiner gives her a tiny nudge.[break][break]

They've listened to her stories, accepted her for what she is and always tried to guide her despite her horrible decisions. And honestly, she doesn't think anyone as kind and honest as they are would do such a thing.[break][break]

"Personally, if you're hesitant on approaching those close to the League, you could find Kingsman first. Or perhaps, if you wish to scout them out a little more... I don't suppose you've met bigshots like ? Hmm... who else..." She's lost in thought, digging through her memories as she quietly considers an answer to his next question.[break][break]

But really, does she need to consider it when all she has is one simple answer?[break][break]

"I don't think that they're the kind to simply arrest you on the spot just for talking. As long as you don't try to attack them, they'd be willing to listen. But if it makes you feel more comfortable, either Eris or I could accompany you?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 3:36:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Child's intuition, huh? Isaac thought where an adult's intuition had gotten him this far. Maybe giving a child's intuition a shot would be a good move for a change.[break][break]

Besides, Rosmontis was right. Isaac was no stranger to encountering the League's big shots. "I've actually met her before," Isaac said. "We had a little impromptu meet-up on Mt. Pyre, before everything went wrong. Let's just say our goals aligned more than those of our respective factions, so we didn't see any reason to work against each other."[break][break]

Come to think of it, what was such a big shot doing swinging her own agenda around? It was strange. On so many levels, the League seemed less organized than the literal cell of criminal terrorists. For Isaac's current purposes, that was equal parts a blessing and a curse. May his luck fall more on the side of the former than the latter.[break][break]

Outside of doing some intel, Razz seemed like Eris' first choice. He may have been an enigma, but he also didn't have as much authority or pressure to throw around. A talk with Melody or Eva could have a lot weighing on it. A talk with one of many rangers? Nothing quite so risky.[break][break]

Still, talk about a small world. Eris' first hope was a guy Isaac's friends harbored a grudge against to this day.[break][break]

"Not a bad pick. 'Sides, we've got common ground, at least," Isaac said, an attempt at lifting up the mood. He then realized how that could have sounded, feathered a hand up to his eyepatch, and blushed a little. "I, uh. Meant the race when I said that. Two of us were neck and neck for that big race down in Mauville, y'know. Not that I'd be able to talk about that, since I'd be in my mask and all that."[break][break]

Rosmontis held hope that none of the three would dogpile on Isaac, even if he were to show up behind the safety of his mask. However, she had an extra bit of insurance in her back pocket; the present of her presence. "Hey, c'mon, I can't ask you to stick your neck out for me like that," Isaac said. "Didn't you just get done saying you were tired of interfering in stuff? Besides, you might be a gym leader, and also my main lead on all these questions. But you're also a kid. I'm not burdening you with my crud more than I already have."[break][break]

If there was anything he could ask of Rosmontis, it was information. Outside of that, he didn't want to jeopardize her. Yet while they were here, the questions may as well flow. "This one's gonna be long shot, but what about Rocket? Anyone I should talk to on that end? Or is that just begging for trouble?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 9:19:16 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
Oh, so he had met before... Well, that just makes it easier for him, doesn't it?[break][break]

"You've probably noticed... but the League is... not exactly the most organised? They all want to do good but as to what lengths they're willing to go to do so- In any case, I'm glad that things worked out."[break][break]

Him being well and alive right now is all that matters in her eyes.[break][break]

"You've met Kingsman before? If I'm correct, you probably have some preconceptions about him based what gym leader Devlin might have told you about him." It's a wild shot in the dark, one that she bases on the way that had reacted to her mention of the man. And well, she may as well prod a little to figure out what she's working with.[break][break]

"And well, it's not as much trouble as you might think it to be. I doubt that visiting them will cause Arceus to come barreling through a portal or drop some more meteors on our head." She swears she hears Mesprit snicker in her arms, those twin tails slowly unravelling as the pixie shifts to a more comfortable position. "I may be a kid, but I still have a duty to make sure that you don't end up getting in trouble cause of what I've told you."[break][break]

There is mighty confidence in those words. At least, until Isaac drops his next question.[break][break]

"Rocket..." For a moment, bitterness and anger seems to cloud her expression. But a soft trill from Mesprit reminds her where she is and makes her take a deep breath. "There is someone that I know... but I haven't been able to reach them. Eris' adoptive father, . As far as I know, he's been arrested by the League. I... don't have much information on what's happening to him at the moment, but I'm working on it."[break][break]

"For Eris' sake."[break]
˙ǝʞɐs uʍo ʎɯ ɹoℲ

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Welcome to Your Life [S]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 16:10:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Did they all want to do good? Did they really? If they did, how had Rocket managed to gather even a fraction of the support they did? How did injustice continue to rear its ugly head as they treated themselves to indulgences and flights of fancy? How did they justify sending a meteor to another world and condemning it to sure damnation?[break][break]

Yet he was one to talk. The organization he was tethered to was home to unabashed thieves, murderers, and worse. Some said both sides were rotten to the core, but with Rocket you knew where you stood. Was that really true, if the other side was trying (yet failing) to help?[break][break]

"It's funny. They're almost opposites that way," Isaac mused. "Feels like as long as a Grunt doesn't rock the boat, they're beneath notice. But once you have a name for yourself, you're even more bound to fall in line and make yourself useful. Meanwhile, the League's got its laws and rules and structures, only for the head honchos to do whatever they want." The latter was unjust. The former was insidious. Isaac couldn't tell which was worse.[break][break]

Met was an exaggeration. They exchanged a pleasantry on a podium, maybe. But clearly Rosmontis had at least a view into the fraught, complicated relationship between him and Josh. "Let's just say some people I know aren't exactly fans of him," Isaac said. "But I'm not letting a bunch of old piegate grudges stop me from doing right by Eris."[break][break]

And Rosmontis, too, wanted to do right by him. Isaac couldn't help but smile, even as guilt weighed heavily behind it. "You shouldn't have to have duties in the first place. But . . . thanks, Ros. You're a good kid. Too good for any of this."[break][break]

For a single, fleeting moment, Rosmontis' expression clouded. Of course. That was a dumb question. He should've never even bothered asking. Yet, surprisingly, it bore fruit. Eris' adoptive father would be an essential part of her quest, and yet he sat there behind bars. How he could be reached, and even where he was, was a mystery.[break][break]

Isaac hadn't been sure what questions he was going to ask. Now, he had a few ideas. "I'll keep that in mind," he said, his remaining eye lighting up in That usual way.[break][break]

Look out, world. Isaac was thinking.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]