Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I'll Never Take You For Granted [S]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 17:44:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Mt. Pyre had never been quieter. The scars of a thousand sources littered the mountainside; War. A twisted legendary's rampage. And now a great, shimmering rift, pulsating unstably between the realms of the living and the dead. While it was always a rather gloomy place, heavy with fog and sorrows alike, it never looked quite this barren. The tributes and decor, the mourners dotted around the mountain, even the ghost-type Pokemon swirling through the mists: all of it was gone. Mt. Pyre was dead, even moreso than those laid to rest within its borders.[break][break]

At least, that was the case most of the time. Yet, whether due to obligation, grief, or simple disregard for his own life, one had chosen to make his way up the mountain regardless. He was alone, just a speck of dust compared to the ancient stone beneath his feet and the yawning abyss that split the sky. And he remained as such, perfectly still, perfectly silent, until his equally small voice cut through the emptiness.[break][break]

"Hey, Kiryu. It's me."[break][break]

Was it any surprise that, once he had been released from the hospital, the first place Isaac went was Kiryu's side? For all that he said he could take the reins from here, she had been his rock through triumphs and tragedies alike. Not letting her in the loop just felt wrong. Besides, he knew wherever she was, she'd be worried sick if she didn't get an update.[break][break]

"So, bad news first. They couldn't save the eye. I know, big shocker, right? It's almost like knives aren't good for them." He laughed a little, even though it wasn't funny in the slightest. "But other than that? Pretty shallow. Rest of me's gonna be fine in no time. Sure, my depth perception's gone to shit, but. Hey. Badass scar.
Fair trade?"
[break][break]

He sighed. It wasn't a fair trade at all. "I've got a lot to think about lately. Who I am. Where I'm going. What I can even do about any of this. I know, I know. Thinking's never really been my strong suit. But someone's gotta, right? I'm the only one at the driver's seat of my life. Sure, it keeps throwing random bullshit at me. Doesn't mean I can fall asleep at the wheel. First time for everything, am I right?"[break][break]

After all, if he truly was at the driver's seat, how did he get here? "Y'know, I've been wondering. If we could just end it all, right here, right now, would that even make it better for everyone? Or would it just push all the problems back below the surface, til they explode again? What about the people stuck to those problems? Are they just supposed to wither down there? Drown in it?"[break][break]

Of course there was no response. Pokemon couldn't talk. Neither could the deceased. Nevertheless, a sad smile spread across Isaac's face as he looked at the steel plate staked into the ground. A part of him hoped that Kiryu's makeshift grave would stand forevermore, tall, sturdy, and bright until the end of days.[break][break]

"Yeah. I get it. But, hey. Thanks for listening." And who was to say she wasn't? Maybe if the wind caught his words just right, and blew them between the boundary line of life and death . . .

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 16:30:29 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

She'd read the articles. Scrolled through dozens of them in the wake of the skirmish, hoping not to see any familiar names. That was the hardest part about tragedy, knowing that it always touched someone, even if it wasn't you this time around. And was only a matter of time before someone came calling, before someone asked her to make the journey to Mt. Pyre.

Maybe she should have said no. Then she could have avoided seeing the craters carved into the face of the ancient stone. The way everything seemed to be holding it's breath, waiting for the next big thing, or maybe the mountain had just given up. Maybe the battle had taken the life out of it at long last.

Hazel knew how it should have been, how it had been before when she'd made the climb to perform a sending. There should have been ghosts swirling about in the mist, scaring travelers half to death, mourners dotting the mountainside, solemn and kneeling, paying their respects to departed friends. Instead, there was only silence as Hazel followed the winding trail that lead to the summit and Hazel felt very much alone under the weight of it.

Her destination, according to the pin her client had dropped on her Maps app was about two-thirds of the way to the summit. A grueling hike if you followed the trail that was all steep inclines and rapidly thinning air. A much gentler one if you took the path that wound its way around the mountain again and again in long, gentle, meandering slopes. It would take longer to reach her destination this way, but it would be kinder on her calves and lungs.  

Uncomfortable in the strange, weighty silence, Hazel took to whistling as she picked her way up the path, a merry little tune that was wholly at odds with the gloomy atmosphere. It did nothing to take the chill out of the air, but it made her feel less lonely somehow as each note found itself an echo, like the mountain itself was calling back to her. Suddenly, it was easier to imagine that life might come back to the mountain in time. Hazel found comfort in that thought. In the idea of ghosts, and people, and new life coming back to dot the mountainside, of voices rising up out of the fog, making everyone on the mountain feel a little less alone as they paid their respects. 

And...was that a voice? Words traveled on the wind, swirling out of the fog like a phantom. Hazel stopped whistling. Started listening instead. The voice was familiar, but the last time she'd heard it, it'd been infused with cheer. Some of it forced, some of it genuine. Now, it was like all the light and levity had gone out of it, snuffed like a candle by the hand of grief.

"Isaac?" Hazel called out to the fog shrouded path. And maybe she should have left that too. Left Isaac to his grief, for grief is a private thing, but she couldn't stand the idea of him being all alone up here in the fog, and the weight, and the silence, with the worry that his words wouldn't reach anyone at all. 

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 17:45:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]At first, Isaac mistook the voice for a whisper in the winds.[break][break]

It was an easy mistake to make when surrounded by the restless dead. The groaning of tree branches sounded like a low, moaning plea. The skittering of bugs too small to consider Pokemon was an inquisitive chatter. The flow of air through various haohazardly arranged gravestones was a strangely melodic dirge. Some considered it eerie. Others considered it a sign of lingering life, both for the mountain and its inhabitants.[break][break]

Yet it was the first of these sounds he'd heard all day. And it was so unmistakeably his name. It was as if he was being called out directly. He looked towards the forbidden side of the mountain, the far-off expanse beyond where mourners were allowed to gather. Was he being beckoned there by the mountain's spirits? Was he being beckoned to join their ranks?[break][break]

No, no. The sound was coming from behind him. And it sounded so frustratingly familiar.[break][break]

He couldn't place it to a name or a face just yet. The only thing he could make out was a strange sensation of warmth. It was like the memory of being wrapped in a blanket and given a fresh slice of apple pie.[break][break]

Right now, that warmth couldn't feel more foreign.[break][break]

"Hello?" he called. He was tempted to step back onto the path and investigate himself, but something about the voice made him reconsider. It was as if now, more than ever, he couldn't bring himself to leave Kiryu's side. "Who's there?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Zeta

Little Witch
She/Her
August 6th
Petalburg City
Panromantic, Demisexual
Spirit Medium
Civilian
Single
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
48 posts
HAZEL KLEIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hazel
HAZEL KLEIN
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 23:38:07 GMT
HAZEL KLEIN Avatar

Had she been mistaken? It's not like they'd spent that much time together since his first visit to the shop with has cadre of costumed babies on All Hallow's Eve. It could be someone else entirely. That would be awkward! But no, he was calling out again, and Hazel was pretty sure that it was Isaac. 

Not wanting to alarm him by popping unceremoniously out of the mist behind him, the little witch called out again as she stepped off the path. "It's Hazel! Don't move, I'll come to you. Oh, but maybe say something else. The mist is pretty thick and it'll make it easier to find you." 

He didn't sound like he was too far away. He'd been close enough for his words to carry anyway, if not quite close enough for her to make out what he'd been saying until he'd raised his voice to respond to her. 

Stepping off the path, Hazel slowly made her way through the mist toward the last place she'd heard Isaac's voice, hoping that he'd humor her and keep talking. All the while, she kept her gaze fixed upon the ground, making sure that she didn't accidentally trip over any of the makeshift graves that dotted the mountainside. She didn't actually know if there were any in her path, or on this part of the slope at all, since she could barely see a few inches past her own face, but it wouldn't do to disturb someone's final resting place, so she resolved to take extra care. 

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 0:17:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Right! Hazel! That sweet shopkeeper from back in Petalburg, who had gone out of her way to give Isaac a night of comfort and companionship because he had paid her a visit. Isaac had met plenty of kind people even among the tumult and chaos of the Hoenn region, but she was among top of the list.[break][break]

Briefly, he wondered if he should just hush up and let her pass him by.[break][break]

Nah. She'd worry, and he'd feel bad. She'd be better off if she'd never known him in the first place, but it was too little, too late for that. "Don't really have a lot of words in my system right now," Isaac admitted. "But, uh. Just follow the sound of my rambling, I guess. I'm sure it's gonna lead you the right way."[break][break]

Fuck. Why'd he say that? Now he was gonna have to think of more things to say, when he was already super not feeling like socializing? Curse you, social obligations![break][break]

"So, uh. Lovely weather we're having, right?" Fuck. This was already off to a godawful start. "I mean. If you're into fog so thick you could cut it with a knife and all that. And giant nightmare portals in the sky. Those are my favorite!"[break][break]

". . . Arceus, please don't get lost in that fog. I'm bad at this."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights