Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Naughty and Nice Save Christmas [M]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 6:37:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Blackwing Bazaar may have been a well-lit gateway to the underworld, but being a den of thieves didn't mean they had to be a bunch of scrooges. In fact, they were actually feeling quite festive lately! The apocalypse had been canceled, and Hoenn could settle down from imminent doom to its usual state of distant, lingering doom. Progress![break][break]

Hustle and bustle were no strangers to the Bazaar. The darkness of its exterior was always contrasted by the flash and flair of its inside. It was just that now the flash and flair was dyed in red and green. Tricked out lights lined the walls, rigged to blink and flash along with whatever live entertainment was currently on stage. Vendors slashed their prices to holiday-friendly discounts (often after raising them, because c'mon, they needed to make some cash here!) Flyers hung up on the walls advertised what would apparently be a wrestling match between Santa and the Grinch, the mysterious silhouettes of what Pokemon they'd use plastered behind them.[break][break]

The mood inside was as festive as the trappings surrounding it. Punks that usually took issue with one another struck up Christmas truces, too glad that they were still alive to gripe about old grudges. An old karaoke machine that Isaac's Rotom had salvaged whirred to life, the crown jewel of an ongoing holiday karaoke competition. There was honor among thieves and goodwill among men, and it was rare to find a face without a smile plastered on it.[break][break]

A shame the establishment's very founder wasn't feeling the joy.[break][break]

Don't get him wrong. Isaac was doing a great job at feigning smiles. With everyone around the bazaar busy with their own merriment, and the skull mask obscuring the subtleties of his facial features, it was actually pretty easy. All he had to do was turn up the corners of his mouth when eyes were on him and, boom! Instant smile.[break][break]

It wasn't that he wasn't happy. He had a lot to be happy about. The establishment he'd set up months ago was becoming quite the underground hit. The Hoenn region was going to live to see another day. The holidays were approaching, and no matter how much he had lost, he had people he cared about to spend them with. But scars, physical and emotional alike, were still all too fresh. And in the fallout of his adrenaline crash, he found himself thinking more than he ever had before.[break][break]

So this was his life. What's next?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @nova

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 6:29:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There were still a plethora of locations that Nova had yet to frequent here in the Hoenn region. With each new day, she made it a challenge to explore one new area until she garnered an understanding of her newfound homeland. Today's adventure had led her to Rustboro city, a quant little settlement full of smiling faces and cheerful attitudes. Festive, to say the least; as a mass majority seemed to be overcome with the feelings of the season. Infectious, Nova herself couldn't help but become charmed by the darting children and their pokemon companions through sheets of snow. Without a care in the world, they frolicked and galavanted, how lucky they were.

Standing statuesque, the pinkette came back to after a moment of gazing onward. Letting the soles of her leather boots crunch down onto the snow as she propelled herself onward, still in the business of exploration; she allowed her curiosity to take the reins. Leading her to and fro crowds of people and pokemon alike until she stumbled onto a peculiar hub. Interest piqued, Nova wastes no time entering the bazaar and peering around. Decorated in tandem with the city outside, she deduces quickly that this was some hole-in-wall joint for the 'rebels' of Rustboro. Not too shabby, honestly.

It could use a few... adjustments in her opinion, but who was she to come in and tell someone how to decorate? With a subtle shrug, pink twin-tails moved deeper into unknown territory. Green hues immediately hone into the rustic karaoke machine and she spurs a scheme. An impromptu concert? Of course. Though, she couldn't just... impose. Perhaps it'd be best to find out who's in charge and inquire if she can take her turn. Ah, but who could that be? Index finger taps against glossed lips before she notices an intriguing masked stranger. To with which, she closes the distance, "hi there," chipper, she starts, "you wouldn't happen to know who's in charge here, would ya?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 15:01:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh, how Isaac loved this kind of question.[break][break]

"What is 'in charge,' really?" he asked, a relaxed grin on his face. "Round here, everyone's free to do what they please, as they please. Long as they leave their grudges at the door and don't rock the boat for anyone, of course." Honor among thieves was a key tenant of the Bazaar, after all. So long as anyone took a trip down here, they, too, were and honorary thief for the day.[break][break]

That said, no amount of philosophy could stop Isaac from basking in his success a little. His relaxed grin shifted into a coy, teasing smirk. "But if you're looking for the guy that pulled this all together? Well, good news. You're looking right at him."[break][break]

It turned out, being dragged out of his head and reminiscing about his successes made that smile of his a touch more genuine. Both what the Bazaar stood for and how far it had come were things Isaac could genuinely take pride in, little, tangible reminders that his struggles hadn't all been for nothing. Funny how that worked.[break][break]

"You can call me Blackjack," he said. Depending on how deep Nova was into Rocket, perhaps now she'd be able to put a name to a face- err, mask. Or maybe their shared affiliation would be a mystery to both. "How can I help you?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @nova

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights