315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 18:45:48 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
The nano second Matt had gotten a whiff that Isaac was in the hospital, he was headed there like a man on a mission. He was still banged up from coming back from ice-hell. If not... still not over it himself. With Dagger being in intensive care, thinking he was gonna lose Nico, then all those pokemon...

The flashbacks had him shaking his head to force them to rattle out of his brain. Walking into the hospital, he asked for Isaac's room. Once he got it, he was practically kicking the door open to get inside.

"You good for nothin'"

Was Matt actually mad?

He was storming over to the bed. "sonnnabitch. How dare you get hurt? Didn't I tell you not to get hurt?!" He huffed at him, arms crossed. He looked so sour in the face. But other than the mental scars, Isaac could see Matt was perfectly safe. Though his eyes and face read otherwise... like he had some horrors he could not unsee or let go out of his mind.

"Goddammit, man... I was plannin' on asking you something good and now I need to see who the hell I need to set on fire?"

(if you wanna join, Kiwi!)
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 6:39:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Matt came in full of fire and brimstone, as Matt tended to be. In a way, the normalcy of it was refreshing. It was a reminder that, even in the aftermath of great tragedy, Matt was Matt, he was himself, and the world kept turning. So, too, would his life keep moving. He wasn't about to let it end like this.[break][break]

"Hey, hi to you too, I'm doing perfectly terrible, thank you for asking," he snarked. "Nah, nah. It's fine. I know small talk's, like, the last thing on your mind right now."[break][break]

After all, the thing on his mind was hurt. Isaac's hurt, and also his own hurt. Except that hurt came from joining Rocket, which Isaac could have stopped but didn't. So really, both hurts were Isaac's fault, in a cosmic sense. Isaac sighed, a mixture of guilt and shame coming in the wake of his cheap joke. "It's like I said, man. War's hell."[break][break]

Despite this, he managed to kick up a weak smile. "Would you believe me if I said it all went better than I expected?" he asked. "There were times I thought I was dead, inside and out. There were times where I wished I was. But . . . somehow, against all the odds, I stuck the landing. Luck's funny like that, ain't it?"[break][break]

He'd gotten his closure. He had so much further to go, but he'd at least gotten his closure. Judging by the mess of emotion written all over Matt's face, not everyone was so lucky. "But, fuck, man. Are you okay?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 10:20:41 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Shades, DRIP, minus mask, minus hat
It's... nice to know Isaac had another friend some visit him. He wished he had that right about now. This guy, he never met a day in his life. Yet it seemed like Isaac's friendly reputation always found friends. Envy. Envy is all it is, and as he lays there in the bed, all he can do is listen, acting like he had been asleep.

Ashley already got an earful from Sunshine. He didn't want another. Instead, he attempts to ignore the man. If anything, his and Isaac's pact only had Cygne and Kepler knowing the truth, and they would die that way. Mountain pact stayed a mountain pact, no chance anyone else would know.

Still.

Guilt finds its way to creep from the cracks.

Feigning himself having been asleep, he leans up. "Arceus, you two are loud." He rubs his head, looking towards the newcomer. "'Fraid if you intend to set something on fire, you best set it to this petty war between the League and Rocket. Best that'll do will get you arrested for arson, guy." He chuckles to himself, coughing a bit, and leaning back.

"Don't do that though. Not worth the matches." He seems like a good guy though. Shame he was in Rocket. He cared too much.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 1:14:12 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
"Wha-"

Matt did not realize there was a second person in here. Standing there with the most dumbfounded face as he stared at Ash. Looking at Isaac, then back. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up ." The apology came quick, realizing what he did was very rude. "Eheh.."

But now he looked at Isaac, making his face scrunch up. "Bro now you look like Razz, ugh, at least you make it look cool." Waving a hand dismissively, he soon sat down in the chair next to the bed. "Glad you're... okay, for the most part." Sighing some, he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Me and Nico got chewed out by his friend Aki and her twin, Ash." He rolled his eyes. "Swear those twins want nothin' to do but tie me and Nico up in a bubble of safety." It was an understatement- the minute Aki found out they yeeted off to space she was crying and bubbling over the phone like a toddler.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I'm Matt, you?" He offered over to Ash.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 15:51:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You sure? I'd use every damn match in the match factory if it put an end to this mess," Isaac admitted. At this point, he didn't even care if he choked on the noxious smoke that remained. "Fuck war."[break][break]

Still, at Ash's snark and Matt's apology, Isaac waved it off with a grin. "Ah, don't sweat it. This place is as soundproofed as the sub's dorms. Means it just you, me, and our captive audience here. Unless, of course, you cursed up a storm while storming down the halls. But there's no way you would've done that, right?" It seemed not even hospitalization could stop Isaac from being a little shit.[break][break]

Good. He needed the normalcy.[break][break]

"Nah, I'm fucking with ya, man. You're good. I know you're just worried sick about me. But, c'mon. You know me. I'll be back on my feet in no time, whether the docs want me to be or not!" Oh, Isaac. Never change.[break][break]

Still, Matt was being evasive. He had good news he couldn't say, and bad news that was enough to make poor Aki cry. "Well, before she gets you in that bubble wrap cocoon, what're the deets?" Isaac asked. "Would you rather start with the good or the bad? Cause I don't just want to be fawned over, damnit. I want to be able to support you, too."[break][break]

It was always so much easier than supporting himself.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 8:51:15 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Huh. Not the reaction he expected. Half of him was thinking he might get yelled at. For good reason, Isaac was here half an eye down, but he had manners. Guy had tunnel vision. Ash had it from time to time.

He smiles.

"You're good, man." He doesn't push it, just letting him and Isaac have their light banter. Of course, being called captive audience has him snicker from the other bed. Groggy as he was from painkillers, at least it felt like old times. Hardly half a year, and he was already on about old times.

He felt like an old soul sometimes.

For a second, he hears the name Aki, and a twin Ash. Ashley immediatley recognizes. Only one Aki in this world had someone else named Ash. He winces, turning his head to the side... and then back towards Matt at his introduction.

"Matt. Nice to meet you. For the sake of it, since you know an Ash already, just call me Sawyer. Don't want to confuse you." He doubts this guy was dumb enough to mistaken him for another Ash, but still. How many people actively pick Sawyer as a last name? "Glad to see Isaac has a good group of friends too." He gives a compliment to them both, and leans back.

"Don't mind me, guys. Talk what you gotta talk about."

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 1:20:25 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt watched Isaac as he asked that question. The color fell from Matt's face and eyes. Staring down hard at the ground. What he experienced was nothing compared to what Isaac went through- even though he lacked the knowledge of the passed Pokemon. Instead he had Dagger with a broken back. What right did he have to mope over that?

Silence fell after Ash finished talking. Matt almost didn't even hear him, as what looked like flashbacks were plaguing Matt right now. Fists clenched, his jaw tightened, glaring holes into his own legs.

"We failed." Came the final answer, his shoulders slumping down. "Fuckin'... failed."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:02:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac shot Ash a quick glance. Something told him that Matt's reaction didn't come from failing to get his hands on a piece of shiny rock.[break][break]

This was what Isaac had been afraid of. Rocket was many things. They were an opposition to the League's failing systems. They were a shelter in the abyss for the lost and the hopeless. They were an entity outside of the law, which some of its members exploited for personal gain and others used to try and do a bit of vigilante good. But there was one thing that they emphatically were not.[break][break]

Team Rocket were not the real heroes here.[break][break]

The hurt and disillusionment that Matt felt now, Isaac had already been through when Walsh first declared his summit. But that didn't mean that hurt wasn't worth hearing out. Half of why Isaac was even here was so that he could be a light in the darkness, so wayward souls like Ash and Matt wouldn't be struggling alone with the circumstances that they found themselves in.[break][break]

"Tell me what happened." Much like or , he wasn't asking. He was telling. However, his tone of voice couldn't be more different. There was none of the imperiousness pressure to it that Gavin displayed even in his kindest moments. There was none of the implied threat that Zev excelled at weaving into his words. Instead, his voice was soft, quiet, understanding, even as it flowed into that full stop. The look in his eye wasn't like that of steel, but instead like that of water. It was warm and inviting, yet if trying to push past it, one would find that it could be oh so unyielding.[break][break]

Isaac had his turn. Ash had his turn. And now it was Matt's.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:12:48 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Fists clenched so tight that his knuckles started to turn lighter, still burning holes into the floor below. His head fell lower, dreads covering his eyes. Eyes softened, knowing well when he went into this, there was probably the chance they would fail. Most likely fail. They would fail.

Matt had hope.

Now... it was slipping.

"We landed. Awoke some alien, that one of our own has. Fought it.." that's when the slight crack came to his voice. "Dagger and Tekka protected us. Dagger... took the hit to his back." There was the crack. "He's... stable. His back is broken." That. Hurt to say.

Taking a breath, he went on. "Fighting happened. Rayquaza showed up, helped blast the meteor into the teleport." He was swallowing down a lump building in his throat.

"Well to the ground with the help of some fuckin' hand that I punched. Anyway, landed.. big ass ice dragon started coming through colliding worlds and it froze everything... people lost so many pokemon.." He shook his head.

"We fled as soon as we saw it was handled."

@isaacmero
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 9:51:13 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Failure. Ashley's eyes are closed. How many times had he felt the sting of that word? He frowns, leaning back into the pillow. Failure was the bitter pill he swallowed daily. As he eavesdrop not by his own intentions, he hears Matt's tale.

And he merely lets him feel it. Dagger breaks his back protecting them. Awakening an alien, and then everything frozen. Ashley doesn't even equate it to his own losses on Mt. Pyre, he just lets the guy feel.

"You escaped with your life." He reassures, a soft smile shot to Isaac. In a moment of growth, he says something else to accompany it. "So it wasn't a complete loss. Was it?" Sometimes they aren't that lucky. Sometimes, Arceus had a twisted sense of humor. For instance, whoever Dagger was? That was gonna take awhile to recover. Death would have been more painless.

He looks towards Matt. "Use that pain you feel to fuel the next mission." He spoke from experience, to such a dizzying degree. "Next time you won't fail."

Mt. Pyre changed Ashley, alright.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 23:38:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]An alien Pokemon, one whose name Matt couldn't even recall. It sounded immensely powerful, doling out injuries that Pokemon rarely succumbed to. It also wasn't one of a kind, an opposite number present amongst Rocket's ranks. Was it a Legendary? An Ultra Beast? Something stranger still? Isaac would have to check the Meteno reports later, if he even had the stomach to hear about more war.[break][break]

Still, a broken back. Isaac winced in sympathy. Was it bravery? Or was it a senseless sacrifice?[break][break]

Matt wasn't alone in his loss. After the meteor had been repelled, an ice dragon took issue. Taking the meteor's place with gusto, he wreaked havoc across the land, destroying anything and anyone in his wake. The scarred wasteland that had appeared outside of Oldale Town was a testament to the beast's wrath. Compared to Palkia and Dialga, Isaac had the feeling that this beast's grudge was personal.[break][break]

And so, that was that. A beloved Pokemon was sacrificed. Another world was damned. The Hoenn region was damaged forevermore. Mission failed, right? If Meteno was mined, then in Rocket's eyes this mission would be an unabashed success. Everything else was just acceptable collateral.[break][break]

Disgusting.[break][break]

Ash tried to look on the bright side. Matt was alive, and the pain of loss would be fuel for the fire that burned inside of his heart. It was a well meaning statement, even if a little on the blunt side. Matt's only option was to get back on that horse, and as someone who had survived untold loss himself, Ash knew what it took to get back on.[break][break]

Did Isaac? Sometimes, he was unsure.[break][break]

"I hate that Dagger even had to take that risk for you. I hate that any of us had to put our lives on the line so hard. But he did it out of love." Isaac's mind went to Kiryu, as it had time after time since that horrid day unfolded. "I know you'll make him proud. And I know, with you being there for him, he'll pull through. The fact that he's already stable's just proof of that miracle, yeah?"[break][break]

"Don't push yourself right away. Its okay if you need time. Ash's right. There's no fuel like this in the world. Just . . . " He remembered how his own death-related trauma took a routine mission and turned it into a catastrophe. He remembered how fear of a shifting world warped a well-meaning bout of pageantry into a death race with explosive consequences. He remembered how the fresh trauma of loss warped the man in the bed next to his into a broken, twisted monster.[break][break]

"Healing needs to come first. The times where we can't imagine slowing down are the times where we need to most."[break][break]

Funny advice, that. If only he knew how to take it.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 1:20:33 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt looked off to the side. Thinking back to the mess. The frozen wasteland, the many dead due to the teleport. All the color in his face started to drain, feeling his guard drop. Just a little.

Taking a deep breath, he steeled himself. "I'm half considering just... fuckin' off with and living in the woods. This stupid war..." A hand pressed to his forehead, trying to think of what to say. "I can't truly support either side and it's like a tug of war came with my morals."

A glance to Ash, putting the name to him. "Y'know I think I remember Aki goin' off about some dude she met with her bros name, must be you." A sage nod towards him. ".... Keep her out of this, she's to good for this world." Also that was for Nico's sake, Aki was his best friend and her brother. If they were gone, Matt doubted he could pull his fiance from the depths of darkness.

Speaking of Fiance.

"Also I have a favor."

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 22:47:57 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Isaac's words mean a lot, and Ashley can't help but nod in agreement with that last lesson. Healing and slowing down were important. It was something he knew all too well. A lesson learned late, but learned before a fatal end.

He notes the masquerade he would take Kep too, and his birthday wish in the surprise at the ice rink he wanted, or even making Snowboys together. He might take more time to recover with Kepler. Longer, if he needed it.

Still, when Matt speaks to him specifically, Ashley's silvers open, as he gives a smile, only met by a sagely nod and a plea to keep Aki away from this. With his other arm, he shoots a thumbs up.

"Good people don't join Rocket, guy. Not wholly good, anyways."

A lesson he learned all too well way back when. Those affected negatively in life, they find their way here. The League turns a blind eye to more than anyone likes to admit. If it wasn't true, than Ashley is a contradiction. It's the only way it makes sense. If the League were there, he is sure he'd have faced Isaac on Mt. Pyre as an enemy. Not a friend.

He just gives a nod to Matt. Letting him speak.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 1:52:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"That's what I was worried about," Isaac admitted, sighing softly. Part of him felt like he had a chance at stopping this and was kicking himself for not pushing back harder. Part of him feared that, no matter what he said, Matt's mind was made up. "There's nothing good about a war like this. And that means you've got two options. Stay far, far away from it, or try to do the most good you can from a pair of bad options."[break][break]

Isaac knew where his lot fell, and who his lot fell with. "My choice was made for me a while ago. All of ours were. This point, you'd probably have to go far off the grid to take it all back." Rocket did not take kindly to treason. Neither did the League. Were Matt to turn back now, he'd be dangerously short on friends.[break][break]

Well. He had one right here, at least. And no faction lines would change that.[break][break]

Ashley was quiet for the most part, but he spoke up to give his own two cents on where the good guys came from. In some ways it was a reassurance. Aki was good enough that she'd never even think twice about Rocket. Yet in other ways, Isaac could see how all three of present company were getting beaten with that stick.[break][break]

"Maybe," Isaac said. "I know plenty of good people here, though. Great ones, even. The net's cast wider than you'd think, and a lot of times it's the only thing between you and an even harder fall." In past years, minor gangs may have filled a lot of those gaps. But they were little Basculin. Rocket? A towering Gyarados. There weren't any fish left in the sea when they were around. "Besides, that's not the part that scares me."[break][break]

It was what came after.[break][break]

Ah, but hell. As much as Matt was concerned over these serious matters, there was another concern he had weighing on him. Isaac adjusted in his bed some, leaning up to give his friend a comforting pat on the shoulder. "Hey. How about you take some time to recover from everything that happened? We can vent about this kind of thing once you've gathered your thoughts." It was an excuse to get off of this grim train of thought and switch rails to happier pastures. Everything he needed to say by now had been said. "Now, what's that favor?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + @kiwi

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 0:47:18 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt listened, as much as a hot head he was- he did listen. Words might not process to him then, but they would in time. Facing a war at this age was hard, it was hard on everyone. People who felt too much, felt little, or ones who turned their eyes to the evil of the world to see the good. Those were the people Matt wanted to protect. Why he feared for Aki, if she ever fell to the wrong group.

No, get those thoughts out. There was no way she'd join. Though her loyalty... was fierce, and it was what Matt admired and feared.

A glance towards Ash, giving a snort. "You sound like my Ash." He swore he's heard him say something like that. "But... like I told him. I disagree with that statement." He muttered, thinking of himself. Yes, he joined due to some extreme things happening, but... he didn't consider himself bad. At least, he hoped he wasn't.

At the pat, Matt snapped back into reality. Smirking at him, he rose his left hand, wiggling his ring finger. Showing off the black banded engagement ring he had there.

"I kiiiiinda need a groomsmen."