Ashley Shepard
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 10:14:38 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Shades, DRIP, minus mask, minus hat
This wasn't really the place to contest philosophy. Matt disagreed, Isaac disagreed without ever really disagreeing. Ashley merely takes it in stride, and with a quiet crane of his head, he just turns. He doesn't change his mind on that stance. Isaac was right, but he was idealistic. Matt's too new to know.

Everyone in Rocket will inevitably get blood on their hands. It was a rite of passage. The ones that can do it go further than those who cannot.

Still. Happier thoughts! The moment Matt waves that black band on his finger, Ashley whistles out. Cute. It had him feel fluffier on the inside. That's the kind of feeling he liked to revel in. He can't help but give the smile towards Matt. "Congratulations. You too, Isaac. You're getting commandeered. Hopefully I can just eat cake." There's his beaming smile he had before Mt. Pyre! It isn't totally gone.

Matt's a good person.

Shame he turned to Rocket.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 18:14:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]That was the damndest thing about Rocket. Good people had good reasons to join. Some were even able to hold onto that goodness, so long as it didn't clash with Rocket's goals. But the deeper you got, and the further Rocket pushed their ambitions, the more inevitable that clash became. Something had to give, and Rocket was an inter-regional organization that had brought Kanto to its knees.[break][break]

They weren't giving anytime soon. Somehow, neither was Isaac. He wondered how that'd work out for him.[break][break]

Still, his goal by this point was to keep supporting those he cared about. And that included being there for a good friend's engagement. "You kidding? No chance in hell I'd miss having your back on this one," Isaac said. The grin on his face was ear to ear with anticipation. Fuck the tension headaches! This excitement was worth it![break][break]

"Congrats, man. Now, c'mon, spill the beans. How'd it happen?" Isaac asked. "You finally work up the guts to pop the question? Or did Nico beat you to the punch?" Was it on the meteor? It was totally on the meteor, wasn't it. That'd be a hell of a story for them to tell their guests.[break][break]

They'd just have to skirt around some of the messier details.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 2:54:19 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt laughed at them. That perked their spirits up, which made him feel better. Looking to Ash, he grinned. "Hey, if you're a friend of Isaac, you're a friend of mine." If he knew he was friends with Aki, that would be even better. Though he was snorting at him to spill the beans.

"Nah, Nico didn't zeus-fu me to the punch." He teased, relaxing now. "I did it in Fortree, at my parents. Whole family helped me set up the house, the kids setting down the rose petals, my parents helped me cook, Nico loves my mom's spicy cookin'." He was beaming now.

"After I won Josh's badge, I turned it into a ring, and that's what I gave to Nico."

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
brother in arms
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 8:07:50 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Well, isn't that just cute. A friend of Isaac, a friend of his. Ashley chuckles, leaning back, and listened to his story. A trip to his parents, turning a badge into a ring, and-

He stops. Huh. That Josh? He tilts his head a little. "You don't say." Better that guy didn't get into more trouble by being near him. Ashley didn't want to put Raikou through that hell of having to find out. There were a bunch of Leaguers he felt that for. But watching this total stranger-now-friend smile the way he did... it fills him with Beautiflies he all too well knew the feeling of from Kepler.

So he just gives a whistle. "You're gonna want a cake then. Or something." Ashley takes a moment to look like the most important person in the room with know-how.

"I might have picked up some baking when I was out of the org. If it's a favor to a friend, I can do it for a big ol'discount!" He makes a shrug with one hand, a smug smirk on his lips as his silvers look away.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 18:40:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]What better way to welcome Nico into the family than with, well, the family? Isaac couldn't help but smile as he heard the tale. It'd sure be nice if he had anyone he could count on to have his back for when moments like that arose. But its fine.[break][break]

Isaac made peace with his lack of a family at least a decade ago.[break][break]

"Sounds like you're living the dream, man," the pleasant picture Matt painting winning out over Isaac's salty bitch disease. He made a mental note to protect that dream, protect Matt's family, protect all of their smiles, even if it killed him. "I can already tell this is gonna be a hell of a wedding."[break][break]

And Ash baking? Oh, now they were talking. "By the honor vested in me as a groomsman, I'm holding you to that," Isaac teased, shooting his friend a grin. "Though, uh. Maybe I should let you borrow my Fennekin, in case your arm doesn't heal up by then. Been teaching her how to mix things as a party trick. Brings in some crazy tips back at the Howling." Mixing cake and mixing drinks were pretty similar, right?[break][break]

His own word choice hit him out of nowhere, like a sack of bricks being dropped from a plane. "Shit. Vested. I'm totally gonna need to buy a suit, huh?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
brother in arms
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 23:09:42 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt nodded towards Ash. "Yup, Josh got me into rangers, then I got shot, and I quit cause some league fucker shot me." Matt, that is NOT how to tell someone how you joined. Though a brow cocked at the mention of cake. "Oh fuck, yeah dude, if you want to, go for it. Otherwise I know my shithead father in law is going to bring in some cook he knows, not that I don't mind him, but I want it to be my and Nico's wedding, not his dads." An eye roll. "Isaac, if you see a man who looks like a long haired Nico startin' shit, punch him."

Obviously he was not fond of Nico's father at all.

Though now he was smirking at Isaac. "Damn right you do. I have to go get one too, maybe we can all go together." He was reminded he needed to invite Jules...

"Have you seen ? I need to invite her, but I can't get a hold of her."

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
brother in arms
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 9:17:23 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
With a thumbs up, Ashley nods towards Matt. "Got it, I'll take care of it. What flavor you want, man? It's your big day, not his." Course, when Isaac butts in about his Fennekin helping with the mix, he has to think a moment. His brain immediately thinks up a fox like Fennekin mixing stuff in a bowl with their feet. And that was unsanitary.

Still, he smiles. He had Bongo and Conga to help, plus Deedee. He shakes his head. "I got it, man. Cake mix isn't that hard with one hand. Physical therapy will be tomorrow, so I'll have use of my hand."

... he doesn't tell Isaac about the permanent nerve damage. It wasn't that serious, since he could still feel, but his right hand had trouble feeling things. It would take some getting used to.

Instead, he focuses on Matt and Isaac.

"Yeah, go get you a suit. I guess Kep and I need one too. Huh. He's gonna look so cute in it." Now his head was filled with fluffy thoughts.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
brother in arms
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 6:11:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]First groomsman duty; punch a dad in the face. "Got it," Isaac said, not even hesitating for a moment. He'd been through more than enough dad troubles to know that sometimes he just needed to drop the hammer.[break][break]

It sounded like a suit shopping trip was due for all the wedding's VIPs. Well, unless didn't want to wear a suit, because she was on that invite list too! Matt hadn't had the chance to reach out to her yet, which made sense. He was a Rocket, she was a Ranger, and they were all way busy wrestling with the apocalypse, the war, and its fallout.[break][break]

Unlike Matt, he had seen her recently. And what an encounter that had been. "I've bumped into her here and there," he said, brushing off the nature of their meeting to hide how significant it had been. "Don't you go worrying, now. Last I saw, she's doing great."[break][break]

She represented what Hoenn truly needed these days.[break][break]

"Though, uh. If you want me to go spreading the good word, might be a good idea to let me heal up first," Isaac said, a wry smile spreading across his face. " 'Hey, Jules. You wanna come to Matt's- Oh, Arceus, my face! It's falling apart!' See? Pretty shitty invite, if you ask me."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]