Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 3:10:17 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar

At times, his two jobs intersected. This happened to be one such case. A recent uptick in missing Pokemon on this side of town coincided with the recent arrival of a suspected Rocket operative.

The area around them stank of degradation. The dumpsters were overflowing. The people shuffled around like rats—eager to go unseen and unnoticed. Graffiti covered every inch of available space, a welcome break from the dirt everywhere else. Somehow, Nikita looked as if he belonged here. Another poor, money-strapped person waiting for the bus.

A chill ran down the bench. Blue eyes did not lift from the newspaper nor its obituary section. They did not need to. The sensation of an ethereal winter breeze was as familiar as the weight of a gun in his hand or the feeling of his grandson’s downy hair. “Winters.” A crisp, lightly accented voice emerged from behind the paper. Before him, a ghost-type Pokemon flickered into existence. Red eyes peered out through its loose, straggly fur. “I take it we found the place?” An assertive rumble emerged as the man folded his paper with a sigh. “To work, then.”

Nikita pinched his cigarette shut with a wrinkled hand, the sting of fire was almost comforting. A reminder that the world was still a terrible place thought up by some mad God. The butt was tossed into a nearby garbage can. Just because he was a shadowed husk of a man did not mean he would lower himself to littering. “Were there guards?” The bony head before him gave a slow shake. “Ah, likely looking for new test subjects.” The man shook his head. “Parents these days really do not read the right fables.” By the time the fools arrived, Nikita intended to have all their birds in the hand freed to the skies above.

Upon arriving to the backdoor of what’d once been a butcher shop (a fitting front), the man nudged it open with one muscular shoulder. It’d been picked earlier by his current companion. A simple matter for a beast who could walk through walls. Upon entry, the smell of desperation washed over him. The place smelled of urine and piss. Even though the area was insulated, the calls of pain were like spikes through his brain. “Sometimes I wonder if humans should be allowed to advance.” With a click, the agent pulled his gun from his waist.

As he neared the first holding area,a noise caught his attention. Gone were the tired eyes, replaced by something almost eagle-like. A countenance of ice overtook them. “Come out.” Nikita demanded cooly like one would request a burger at a restaurant. “This can be done the easy way or the hard way, and I assure you, it does not matter to me.”

The dog at his side—silent as the grave—had vanished. As his partner jerked the gun to the left, the dog snuck up on this interloper.

Detective Winters II
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 20:49:35 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]All the end-of-the-world bullshit almost made Memo forget what it was like to just… have a beat, have a patrol. Being promoted to Ranger Captain made his world significantly smaller. Gone were the wild days of trolling through the wilderness looking for cultists and heathens. Now he had a city to take care of-- a city currently roiling with the strife of having an interdimensional rift popping off right downtown like a bad lightbulb.

But he’d lived here, once, amongst the rundown and distant buildings of Slateport’s valence shell, in an apartment complex not too far from where he currently was. It smelled like salt and wet stone and fishing and paper byproducts because the fresh sea air never made it so far in and could never, ever overpower the stench of the processing factories that took up most of the skyline.

It had been a rung above garbage, but it had been his.

He was just supposed to be checking in on a rash of trainer Pokemon disappearances, happened to be on the radio at the right time; Paloma set down a short distance away from the run-down building. What with Sibella still dealing with her apparent deafness caused by point-blank exposure to Dialga’s roar of time, Memo’d had to bench her-- though he’d promised it was just a brief change while they both learned to cope with her new disability.

Boots kicking through the gray slush, Memo pinged his coordinates to Slateport Base and clicked off his radio so as not to alert any ne’er-do-wells that may be lurking. He found a side-door, had Shivani phase through to unlock it, and pushed it open slowly so as to avoid creaking.

The thrill of danger wormed its way back into his veins, something he hadn’t felt in months, not since he’d come back from that Cyberspace hell. He’d been more than happy to nestle down and exist in domestic bliss.

But he’d missed this. At least, that was his thought, up until someone was making demands of him and a gun was pointing in his direction.

After staring down the God of Time and walking across a post-apocalyptic landscape, it didn’t phase him.

“I’m with the League,” he sounded, fighting down a roll of his eyes as Shivani turned to face the strange dog-like creature advancing to his rear, “don’t suppose you have a license for that piece?”
[attr="class","samjertag"]
sorry about the waaaait
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 1:05:08 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar

Nikita’s weapon did not waver. His hand remained strong, muzzle pointed at Memo.

“Ah, yes, of course. No further reason to be armed.” The man drawled, his voice dripping with sarcasm. The man acted as if four words meant more than evidence. And that just being League meant you were to be trusted. They were in a Rocket warehouse where no one had been a few minutes ago. Suddenly, like a rat, this man had emerged from his hidey-hole. “Terrorists are quite open about their allegiances.”

The former cop allowed himself a tight-lipped smile. Asking someone who pointed a gun at him if the firearm was licensed did not top the dark-haired man’s to-do list. But it seemed like something a naive, trusting ranger would do. “I do.” The dark-haired man sighed. “ I also have the sense to wipe my feet off before entering active crime scenes.”

A brief look at the man banished most of the Rocket vibes. Or, at least, the kind of man who’d work in a place like this. No signs of chemical burns on his hands nor any change in the room from next door.

Nikita’s chin jerked toward the sealed door to their left. It stood as a barrier between this place and the smell of antiseptic. “Have you been inside?” The views from the dog’s collar had put him off tea. Black gloves echoed with a snap as his ghost friend’s jaw began to glow. “Detective.”

The Houndstone stared its fellow ghost type with glowing red eyes. These were visible beneath a thin fringe of scraggly white hair. A deep rumble shook its chest. He’d already died once. There was little need to fear doing so again. At his partner’s call, the ghost dog huffed. “Tone.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 3:13:41 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Memo rolled his eyes, but he grinned in the faint yellow-cast fluorescent light. “Well, what am I supposed to say? ‘Hi, I’m with team Rocket, please shoot me?’” The brusque stranger had a point, but Memo didn’t really know how to get around the elephant in the room of ‘proving he’s not a terrorist’ without being given the chance to do so.

“An active crime scene has to be identified and cordoned off,” he countered, gesturing vaguely at the air around him, “and unless your caution tape is suddenly invisible, I’d wager a guess that this hasn’t been.” He wasn’t the kind of guy that went and fussed with police operations-- but he also couldn’t read minds, so one detective going Leeroy Jenkins wasn’t a good enough tell for him to back off.

Leeroy Jenkins’ weird dog growled low at Shivani; she just lifted a floppy arm in greeting, zipper mouth curving up into a smile.

He stepped towards the sealed door in question, looking around the frame for any signs of wires or switches for traps.

“No,”
Memo said, stepping towards the sealed door in question, “Slateport isn’t my beat. I’m just helping out.” He inclined his head, frowning a little. “Though I imagine whatever’s behind there can’t be good. Did you have a plan, before I walked in and ruined it?”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 4:35:30 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
The anti-terrorist chuckled, though the sound resembled a death rattle more than actual humor. “It is a bit of a riddle, I suppose.” A true Rocket would be ridiculous to state his or her allegiance. But simply being from the league—or claiming to be—was truly no guarantee of safety. Devils lied, but so did so-called angels. “Though, if you had, you would not be the first to make such a request.” Typically after many hours of torture. Something he normally watched in silence. In those scenarios, he somehow became the good cop. “People are into some strange things, I am afraid.”

Tch. This ranger possessed some semblance of brains. Still, he was allowed to be here. “Ah, an astute observation,” Nikita murmured. “Though not one that does not hold true if a crime scene is truly active.” Police officers did not cordon corridors before stopping a criminal in the act. Or, at least, the smart ones did not. His eyes briefly shifted to where he’d entered. “Did you shut your entryway behind you?” The last thing he wanted was for the rats to scurry off.

Detective Winters stared at the possessed doll. Even without muscles, his stance made it clear he was unimpressed. He did not smile. Back before he died, he had ripped apart chew toys larger than this thing. Knowing these pair were not the intended targets, the Houndstone moved toward his partner.

“Well, I am sure the people are grateful.” With his writ, dry as crackers tone, it was difficult to tell the intent of this comment. At the question, Nikita nodded. “Detective Winters investigated the room earlier. The scientists are not here.” The old man sighed. “But their subjects may not be…salvageable.” A deep rumble ran through the old dog. “We disabled the cameras earlier—a simple bit of frozen footage.”

The man adjusted his dark vest. “I intend to take advantage of the opportunity to observe their work before they flush it.” Then, hopefully, he could trap them here another day. “Try not to let your heart bleed too much.”

The ghost type at his side disappeared through the wall. After a moment of examining the numbered keypad, Nikita quickly punched in a number. With a click the door popped open. Fortunately, only one arrangement of those numbers formed a date.

Click! He gestured the young man inside. The smell and sound—the latter far from celebratory—were deafening.
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 0:38:17 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]The guy’s laugh sounded like an engine physically growing legs and trying to escape from under the hood of an ancient, rickety car. He should lay off the smokes. “Well, that’s not terrifying,” Memo said, rolling his eyes again-- but his voice remains bright and he was still smiling. Scary people have jobs, too, he supposed.

Still, it’s the scary guy’s show, and Memo’s just playing in it-- mostly by accident. “Yeah, it's shut,” he says with a nod.

Shivani continues to grin at the weird dog for a bit, not bothered by his response. After a moment, though, she grows bored and returns to hover silently over Memo’s shoulder, her face a mask of focus as she listens intently to what’s going on.

The stranger makes a crack at how the people of Slateport must be grateful for his interference, and Memo just shrugs. He doesn’t really care if the guy is taking shots at him-- he doesn’t seem like the kind of person that appreciates the value of working as a unit.

“Do you think they’ll come back here? With our stink all over the place?” he asks, also ignoring the bit about his bleeding heart. His heart would always be soft-- it was a blessing and a curse. But he’d been in a world without his empathy and compassion, and it had been a terrible place… and he, a terrible person. Pain in the face of the suffering of others was a cross he was willing to bear.

The door swung open and the stench that rolled out was rancid. It made Memo’s eyes water, and he winced, dropping his hand to his Pokeball belt-- his replacement for a gun at this moment, he supposed.

With a little exhale to brace himself, he stepped through the doorway.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 2:11:45 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar

Nikita did not laugh often these days. When he did, the noise was often forced. And, in his case, it was not like riding a bike. You could apparently forget what a normal laugh was meant to sound like. Thorough, the smokes certainly did nothing to make him sound like a nightingale. At the rate he went through the things, his lungs would likely be tarry enough to extinct a dinosaur.

The idea that his chuckling was what caused the discomfort did not pass his mind. Usually, such noises calmed people around you. Instead, he thought the words comment on people’s strange desires. “Terrifying or not, it’s true.” Notably, Nikita did not explain what had happened to those people. And, to be frank, the man possessed zero desire to. When hands were as figuratively (and literally) bloodied as his, trying to determine the source of each drop was a pointless endeavor.

“Thank you,” Nikita states simply, flicking his blue eyes up to meet Memo’s green ones. A closed door left one less sign that they were here. As the Banette continues to taunt Winters, Nikita merely sighs. The lavender fur along his sign remained puffed up as he tried his best to stare the creepy little troll down. Apparently, death didn’t change some things. While he adored Winter, his canid instincts sometimes got the better of him. “Your companion is quite…charming,” Nikita murmured as the dog settled. For his own ego, the Houndstone decided the retreat was a sign of victory.

At the question from Memo, Nikita allowed a small smile to creep over his face. “I think they will.”The special agent said as he approached the door. “Rats get far too comfortable in their little bolt holes.” He sighed. “Eventually, they grow complacent and those perimeter checks are forgotten.” And, from what Nikita's intelligence said, these butchers had been here some time. The man then steps through the door directly behind Memo.

“Tch.” On the table in front of them, no dead body or vivisected creature has been left behind. The slab has been wiped clean, obviously ready for its next victim. But the cages around them have filled with subjects. Pokemon with too many eyes. Body parts that have been sewn together in hopes of producing some super creature. Almost all of them were poison types of some kind. A few canisters of an unknown liquid were hung on the back wall.

A lot of the cages were tellingly empty. At the very least, these scientists, at the very least, kept a clean illegal lab. Blue eyes flickered to the computers in the labs in front of them. His gloves were snapped as he approached and laid his fingers on the keyboard.

A jet black phone was offered to the younger man. “Document the scene, if you would be so kind.” A USB was pulled from his pocket. “I will be combing their computer—attempting to make sense of this macabre jigsaw puzzle.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 17:44:17 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]The poor light gave the entire space the appearance of being frosted in lead.

Shivani didn’t know if being called charming was supposed to be an insult or a real compliment-- but she was good at heart and decided to go with the latter, cocking her head and grinning her thanks.

Memo didn’t really hear the conversation-- it sounded far away. He was too distracted by the horrendous things he was seeing: lumps of meat, folded in impossible ways, humped in corners. Arms with bones jutting out at awkward angles and eyeballs sprouting where they shouldn’t be, reaching as though to claw and grasp at freedom.

He swallowed, hard, and pulled his shirt up over his nose and mouth. The watering in his eyes could easily be mistaken as a natural reaction at the smell in the room. As such, it wasn’t entirely tears.

The world seemed to spin and he distantly realized Shivani was holding him up. He stumbled back, dizzy, shaking his head to clear it. With trembling fingers, he took the object from the scary detective man, and flicked to the camera app.

“This is fucking atrocious.” But he forced himself to peer at the screen and take pictures of every horrible thing, searing them into memory even as he felt woozy: A near skeletal Seviper with two heads, one apparently stitched on; a Golbat with a mouth full of eyes, unseeing, oozing ichor.

Memo stepped in something sticky and winced, willing himself to not look down.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Ed-Edward [M]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 20:11:27 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The suffering Seviper drew his gaze. The stitches where the second head attached wept pus.

Nikita spared the young man a single pitying glance. It was one thing to hear about these depravities, but experiencing them firsthand was something else. When you saw the pain on these creatures’ faces—which still looked so desperately at humans for help—it was tempting to rain hellfire on these terrorists. Nikita preferred bullets or, in some cases, a taste of their own medicine.

He could find a doctor to stitch their own necks together and see how that felt. In many ways, scientists. Fortunately, some part of Nikita was always enraged. Atrocious did not even begin to describe it. “It is.” He sighed as he tapped away at the keyboard, cycling through files for information and identities. “There is a trashcan outside if you require it.” With a resolute tap on the space bar, he was in the files.

“It appears they are looking to manufacture a poison—one able to punch through steel-type armor.” Dour blue eyes lit up as he found the first set of field notes. The signature of the scientist imbued into his mind as deeply as the monsters before him. “Many of the chimeras are their attempts to improve dispersion.” Though his words were audible to Memo, it seemed he intended them for his Houndstone. “Fortunately, they found nothing but frustrations.”

Blue eyes swept across the cages. Only a single Stunky—a cub from the looks of it—seemed untouched. He pushed a button on the computer, its enclosure sliding open.

Satisfied he’d gleaned what he needed to, he popped the USB from the computer. With surprisingly gentle hands, he moved to take the camera from Memo. “I will take it from here.” He inclined his head slightly. For a moment, his eyes fixated on those tears. If only his heart could still weep. Hopefully, this war did not harden that heart. The world needed more heroes and fewer monsters—fewer people like him.

“Take the little one with you, if you could.” He nodded toward the quivering, freshly shaved poison-type. It did not need to see what he was about to do.

And neither did Memo.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #80B0EC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #65A0E9; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #6792F5; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#6792F5;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights