Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 17:37:22 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
The battles in Littleroot and Mt. Pyre was over, as was on top of the meteor that was shuffled off. Asher still didn't know how to feel about the operation in Littleroot, but was indifferent about the rest. Though once the red head had heard that Isaac had gotten hurt, he nearly had a coniption. Scrounging around for any information about what the man liked to eat, he gathered the meal, learned that Isaac was recovering in Sootopolis Hospital, and took time to go over there. Bones, Fletcher, Silky, Kraken, Bitty, and Noodles were all with him as well, though only Bones was out to help carry stuff. Walking into the lobby, and some arguing about his buddy, Ash managed to convince the nurse that Bones will be on his best behavior. Which honestly, why did they think he was going to burn the place down? It was discrimination against fire types!

Going up the elevator, and going to Isaac's room, the first thing that the teenager noticed was the eye. "Isaaaaaaac! You were supposed to be more careful! What scumbag goes for the eyes?! Ugh, if I ever meet the person that did that to you, I'm burning them so not even ashes are left! Oh, I brought presents. No telling what nasty crap the hospital's been feedin' ya..." Long drawls, temper tantrum, threats, and then going right to supportive little brother mode, Asher was a whirl of emotions and tones. Putting the meal on the tray, it wasn't large enough to fit everything, so Bones just kept hold of his section for now, but sat down on one of the chairs. Ash stayed standing, trying to control the urge to just hop into bed and hug the man.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 1:10:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Another day, another- oh. Oh, wow. Isaac didn't even have time to get to his usual "I'm bored of being hospitalized" internal monologue before the sound of frenzied footsteps cut him off. Huh. This was new. Usually, if there was chaos in the hospital, he had a hand in it.[break][break]

Perhaps he was more right than he knew. The frenzied footsteps stopped in front of his door. After a little bit of hushed muttering, in came Asher with food in tow and an Alolan Marowak at his side. Isaac could barely even finish saying "hi" before the teen burst into a flood of worries, threats, and cares.[break][break]

Normally, Isaac found being fussed over kind of stressful, but it was kinda sweet coming from a little brother figure. "Relax, relax, I'm okay," he said between laughs, shooting Asher an easygoing smile. A tension headache induced wince chose the worst time to punctuate that sentence, but he tried to keep the smile holding strong as it passed. "Or, at least, okay as I can be."[break][break]

Asher was all too enthusiastic to get even. Isaac counted his lucky stars that wasn't here right now; hoo boy, would that make things awkward! "Honestly? I just hope you're never in a position where you gotta fight like this," Isaac admitted. "Trust me. It isn't worth it. Nothing is."[break][break]

It was true, Isaac's wound didn't come from a battle. But a war was so much more than a series of clashes.[break][break]

At least some hot food did just the thing to distract him from that cold reality. "Now this is what I'm talking about! Thanks, Asher," Isaac said, a big, grateful grin spreading across his face. "Trust me. The hardest part about injured's not the injury; it's the food around here!" That food was gonna vanish in seconds at this rate.[break][break]

"Here's hoping things've been going a lot better on your end."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 2:34:41 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Asher was not amused, and pouted at the man as he was told to relax and that Isaac was okay in between obvious laughter. This was not a laughing matter! Okay as he can be?! See! "See, that was vague and unconvincing." Even as Isaac hoped that Ash would never be in a position to fight like that, even stating it wasn't worth it. No shit. Was going to war ever was? Still, Ash smiled nice and big and toothy when Isaac saw the food proper. "Say what you want, I was at least self-sufficient and knew how to cook a good meal. I can be a great house-husband eventually." The amber eyed teenager beamed with pride. One of the few things he was good at. Or at least worked on enough to be above average.

Isaac asked how things were on his end. "Well, considering I'm not in a hospital, obviously I'm doing better than you. It's been uneventful. A few very minor hiests, nothing noteworthy. Just fine by me. Did work out a little bit and just explored...helped the maintenance team with a few minor things cuz they couldn't get in to do them. I'm just smol enough to get it done. Got some money for it too. Played with my Poke-buddies. Haven't seen the peeps you told me were total bros yet, so I couldn't befriend them yet. Otherwise, uneventful so far. When you get out, we need to meet again so you can teach me how to ride Rapidash. Frou-Frou is intimidating...plus she's been clashing a bit with Bones and Bitty."

Asher side-eyed his Alolan Marowak beside him. The creature just huffed, crossing his arms and looking away. Bitty was his Crobat, and not out, but was with him inside a pokeball.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 4:22:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Well, when my brain feels like being clear and convincing, I'll give you a call," Isaac teased. "Trust me. Trying to figure out how you're feeling when you're like this is . . . hard. Harder than you could ever guess, until Arceus forbid it's your turn."[break][break]

It was always so easy. "I'm sorry for your loss." "I would react better than this." "It can't be that bad." People had a million and one ways of weighing in on others' troubles. Then, as soon as something bad happened to them, it was like their brains shut down. Forget words; even thoughts failed them. Isaac could barely comprehend how he felt about this whole situation. It was so much better than it could have been, but so much worse than he had ever feared. There were moments where he could joke around with an easy smile, and moments where he wanted to break into pained, screaming sobs. How was he supposed to say how he felt to others when he was like this?[break][break]

At least food helped. If it ever didn't, that was his cue to stop the world so he could get off. "Good on ya. Self sufficiency and talent are gonna take you far, one way or another." The former without the latter helped you tread water. The latter without the former got you aiming high but falling far. Together, they were an unstoppable pair.[break][break]

Since they last met, things had been pretty easygoing for Asher. Minor jobs and bonding time with his team were the real highlights. Good. The last thing Isaac needed was Asher rushing into this Rocket stuff and getting in over his head. Maybe by giving the kid some proper training, he'd be able to ensure that.[break][break]

After all, they did have plans.[break][break]

"Ah, heck. Sorry. I'd say it slipped my mind, but luckily that's still in one piece," Isaac joked. "I'm not sure how great of a rider I'm gonna be with my depth perception out of whack. Arceus knows I shouldn't even be in the vicinity of a motorcycle right now. But the nice thing about Pokemon is they know what they're doing, so Buffaloman should be able to fill in for what I lack."[break][break]

"You said your Rapidash is clashing with the team? Anything in particular seem to get things fraying?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 3:35:07 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Well okay then. "Well, then I'm gonna guess that they put you on the good drugs." Which was both a relief and not so much. It meant that the damage was bad. Like, most likely lost an eye permanently bad. Shit. But do go on, feed his ego. Arceus knows, Ash will eat that up all day long. The boy also wouldn't mind waiting...afterall, this was a major shift for Isaac. It would take time and possibly some physical therepy to get used to the depth perception change and so on. "I'm sure with time and practice, you'll get there."

And maybe be just as good as before. The blonde asked for more details on Frou-Frou's temperment. "She only gets along with one of my team, Dazzle my Salazzle. She picks fights a lot. Bones is mostly fine since he uses ground-type attacks, and Chinny and Kraken both know Hydro Pump. Snickers likes to use Dig, so he's also usually good. But everyone else are having issues. Mostly fights. Frou-Frou seems to want to rule the roost and be queen. And I'm not sure she really respects or even like me. While she's not aggressive towards me, she doesn't always listen and likes to just drag me around if she doesn't outright buck me off. She even picks on Silky and Teddy! And that just pisses everyone off. I'm at my wits end with her..." It didn't help that she was huge too.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 20:10:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac wished it was that simple. Sometimes, a muddled mind just came from being loaded up to the gills with morphine. But sometimes it came from a place of genuine indecision, confusion, and heartbreak. The former, in responsible cases, passed with time and distance. The latter? That was a mountain Isaac would have to climb on his own.[break][break]

"You're darn right I will," he said, his best cocky grin on his face. "Everything sucks right now, but I'm never gonna let this beat me."[break][break]

He didn't care if it took months. He didn't care if took years. He didn't care if in the process he tore his hair out from the stress, or beat his head bloody against the mountain he had to climb. If he accepted that this was It for him, he might as well have died up on Mt. Pyre.[break][break]

Part of that was helping where he could, and that would have to be more social than physical for a while. Frou-Frou had one friend (Dazzle), a few Pokemon keeping her in check (mostly Ground and Water types), and plenty of other Pokemon that she picked fights with or bullied around. She sounded like the alpha diva type, and even her own trainer was having trouble reaching her.[break][break]

"Alright. You've already got a foot in the door with Dazzle. That's a good thing." If she liked and trusted Dazzle, Dazzle could be the key to turning around her opinions. "How does Dazzle get along with the rest of the team? Are these a pair of loners? Or could Dazzle be the bridge we're looking for here?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 3:22:33 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Thank freaking Arceus and everything. If Isaac wasn't determined to get through this, he'd have to get violent with the guy, and most assuredly get kicked out of the hospital. The big ol'cocky grin though...that made him rethink that idea. Being in a world of self-misery was a one-way ticket...and usually never to someplace good. Ash had seen plenty of that in the streets.

Then came the help with Frou-Frou. "Only time Dazzle gets mad is if Frou-Frou picks on Silky or Teddy. Otherwise, Dazzle is a bit of a loner, but a chill type. She'll be sleeping, gets woken up by Spitfire and Simba's antics, play with them for a tiny bit, then direct them off to another area to play in so she can continue her beauty sleep. I don't know their dynamics well...they do seem to converse a lot with each other, with Frou-Frou doing a lot of sighing and huffing. Dazzle is one of my newer members, but not as new as Frou-Frou. Though again, she's awfully chill...almost taking on a more motherly role, where Bones is more like the grizzled veteran father. I do think you're right though...she does seem to be an in with her...and maybe find out her deal. Dazzle does seem to dote on Noodles a lot, too. Everyone else, she's either indifferent or protective of. Namely Silky and Teddy the Stufful..."

He found it wierd that Dazzle would dote on Noodles of all his Pokemon. The Arbok did have a pretty bad scar on his tail where it clearly broke. Part of why he followed Asher was because he tried to help it instead of fighting it or something. And mostly succeeded. That part moved stiffly, and scarred pretty badly, but otherwise healed fine. Even the Pokemon nurse said he splinted it up nicely. Anyways, Noodles didn't seem to mind the attention that he got from Dazzle, but it was wierd.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 3:55:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Interesting. Perhaps Asher's assessment was only partially right. Maybe it wasn't that Dazzle was the mom figure. Maybe it was more that she was the cool aunt figure. She wasn't going to parent Asher's team 24/7, and tended to be off doing her own thing. But she'd stick her neck for the outcasts, protect the children, and entertain the rest enough to make them smile before sending them away. Regardless, she seemed well on her way to becoming a fixture of the team.[break][break]

"What's Noodles like? Is he a bit of an outcast type, too? It could be Dazzle's sticking her neck out to make sure at least someone's there for those on the sidelines." It was at least a theory worth putting forward. "Does she get upset if Frou-Frou and Dazzle get tense with each other? Or do they usually stay apart?"[break][break]

Isaac almost hoped it would be the latter. It was easy to keep your guard raised when you only had one ally worth keeping around. They were the Exception, the Ideal. Throw in a second, and you start to realize that maybe not all of your teammates are beneath you. Even if they just formed a little three amigos deal, that would be better than nothing. Especially if Dazzle and Noodles played nicer with others than she did.[break][break]

"Getting her in with them might help her get out of her shell. But that's respecting Pokemon. Respecting you might be a different story." Some Pokemon craved the guidance of their trainers. Some could take it or leave it. Some flat-out resented it. But some made you fight for it. "You're gonna need to prove your worth to her, as a trainer and a rider. If she's not aggressive, it's a sign she doesn't hate you. But she might think she's beneath your notice right now. That means you gotta show her up and prove her wrong."[break][break]

"Luckily for you, I've got an ace in the hole. Guess who caught a Gogoat recently?" With Asher aiming to get riding lessons, Isaac made a point of finding a wild one in the days before the Mt. Pyre incident. "Handle like a dream. Surprisingly quick. Even have their own handlebars and saddles built in. Can't ask for an easier first ride than this."[break][break]

"You get some practice on Goatercycle, and I guarantee you'll have some new tricks for teaching Frou-Frou a thing or two."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 17:30:12 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
"Noodles was nervious at first, but is really outgoing. He tried to scare me off when we first met, but after I noticed he was hurt, put a splint on his tail, and offered for him to come with me, he was good. That part is stiff, but the Pokemon Nurse said if I hadn't put on a splint and taken him to her, Noodles might have had to lose a part of his tail, the poor Arbok. He's a happy boy generally, but backs up whoever needs it. Kinda trained him to be scary and give off a tough vibe...but he's super cool. He'll let the kids nap between himself when he coils. I think in one respect, he finds Dazzle's doting annoying, but in another, kind of sweet too. I think she does it because his injury scarred really badly and is worried. Noodles and Snickers seem to chill with each other a lot, even Fletcher joins them too. Croaky and Bitty also chills with them. The main loners are Bones to an extent, Frou-Frou, and Dazzle. Everyone else usually has a group of three or more they like to stay with. Silky, Simba, Spitfire, Teddy, and Bowy are the babies. Which we should have Bowy meet your own Cyndaquill, your's was super cute at the contest. Anyways, like with most, certain ones tend to prefer others and have their own little click...

Oh, um...Noodles does get a little upset when anyone fights really. When tensions get high, he does tend to use Gunk Shot to get everyone away from each other. Assuming Bones doesn't get to it first."
Hopefully the information gave some more perspective. Separating the aggressors has worked to an extent. But what Isaac said next did hold weight...that was Pokemon respecting each other. Respecting him was another story. Far as that eleven foot tall monster was concerned, he was a tiny humon who got lucky. But also perhaps didn't begrudge him either. The man did give a suggestion about practicing on his Gogoat first. "That sounds like a plan. Frou-Frou is like, ten feet tall, she's huge. But some practice is better than nothing. I don't know if trying to ride her will do it, but it's worth a shot." Bones kind of huffed a chuckle, earning himself a small side eye. The Pokemon just shrugged and gave him a thumbs up sign as if to say "good luck." Thanks for the vote of confidence, buddy.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 4:30:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]So Noodles and the babies helped connect Dazzle to the group. Dazzle helped connect Frou-Frou for the group. Isaac could see the individual links on the chain. Now they just had to find a way to tie it all together. "So long as Dazzle's got a soft spot for Noodles, and Noodles wants everyone to get along, that should at least be a start." Isaac said. It wasn't a perfect solution, especially considering the fights were still going on. But sometimes a start was all you could ask for.[break][break]

At the mention of his Cyndaquil, Isaac couldn't help but laugh a little. "Funny story, actually. You know those space-time rifts going around Hoenn?" Isaac asked. God, after the Meteno incident, those felt like yesterday's news. It was surreal to say about little distortions in the fabric of time. "We got caught in one. I came out of it alright, but Hearth ended up getting a bit of a growth spurt. He's still adorable. But he's a lot more in touch with his spiritual side now."[break][break]

Maybe he'd take the strange, time-displaced Typhlosion to Mt. Pyre sometime. Maybe he'd be able to help ease the restless dead.[break][break]

Apparently Frou-Frou wasn't just horse sized. She was absolutely fuckmassive. "Sheesh, no wonder she's always trying to throw her weight around." If he was ten feet tall, he'd have a way bigger ego, too! "Alphas like that might never get along with you, no matter how much you try to bargain with them. And little spats aren't gonna do much to their fighting spirit. I can see why you've been having so much trouble."

"You wanna get an alpha to acknowledge you? You're gonna have to challenge it for its spot. Maybe taking her for a ride to get her used to you is putting the cart before the . . . well, y'know." At least this gave them an oh-so-tantalizing backup option. "You might just have to beat her at her own game instead."[break][break]

It looked like Goatercycle was going to have to be more than a pair of training wheels today. Interesting.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 2:57:50 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
A start that didn't do much. But what could he say? Maybe eventually it'll get something done. Ash nodded about the space-time distortions. He's even heard that "new" Pokemon or different, old evolutions of Pokemon were being discovered, or rediscovered. Like, to the point of different variations of current species. Still adorable, but a growth spurt and more in touch with his spiritual side? "Oh shit, did the space-time distortion awaken a regional, or time specific, varient of Typhlosion?" Bug eyed wonder stared back. That would be something to see!

Things went back to Frou-Frou. Her size was likely the culprit, Asher definitely agreed with him there. Sadly, only way to really tame an alpha was to take its spot and challenge it. Beating her at her own game...just how the hell was he going to do that?! "And how am I supposed to do that? Come at her with water balloons and water guns? I'm half her size and I've fought only people really..." He typically let Bones decide which moves to use. Since he wasn't that experienced in Pokemon battles. But he wasn't terrible he supposed. Being able to beat up a Gym Leader with surprise was still quite the shock, but was likely a new one then. Or those weren't his gym tier Pokemon.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 6:30:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Why don't you see for yourself?" Isaac said, a teasing smirk spreading across his face. "Echo! Ex!" At his call, a Rotom sprang from his phone and a Ralts appeared by his side. The two had basically become his personal assistants since the injury; in every sense of the word, invaluable. "Can you guys pop over to the Center and bring back Hearth for me?" Echo saluted, took Ex Machina's hand, and teleported away.[break][break]

Within moments, they returned, Echo lobbing a Pokeball towards Isaac. Unfortunately, with the state of his depth perception, his attempt at catching the ball just lead to him getting bopped on the noggin. Echo giggled a little at the incident, only laughing more at Isaac's irritated "Oiiiiiiiiii."[break][break]

Once he fumbled the ball back into his hand, Isaac tossed it by his side. Normally, Typhlosion were creatures of pure intensity; bristling fur, sharp, focused eyes, and flames that seemed to explode from its body. If they were triangles, the Typhlosion that Isaac released was all swooping curves; smoothed out fur patterns, a relaxes facial impression, and gently-flickering wisps of purple flame.[break][break]

"Here's Hearth; all grown up now." Hearth looked towards Asher, shooting him a soft smile and a gentle nod. He'd seen the boy before, both weeks ago and decades ago. Time was such a curious thing, was it not? "He's a lot more in tune with the spirits now. Kinda like an Alolan Marowak in that regard."[break][break]

As Hearth curled against Isaac's side, he considered the ideas of bonds and strength. Did bonds exist to serve the strong? Or did strength exist to preserve and protect bonds? Such was the conundrum the two weighed as they planned how they would handle this. Asher's approach was certainly more direct than Isaac figured, earning a little snicker in response. "No, no, not like that. Good hustle, though. Gotta respect that."[break][break]

"What I'm thinking is you take her on, head to head, winner takes all. Maybe its a battle. Maybe its a race. But some sorta competition with a result she can't ignore. Show her that you're the one in charge here, and when push comes to shove she's gotta respect you. But also show her that, by putting your heads together, you can help her be more than she ever was alone. That's the mark of a truly great trainer. They don't just have strong Pokemon. They work with 'em, two halves of one whole, and bring out all their potential."[break][break]

"Right now, she might not think you can do that for her. What better way to catch her eye than to prove her wrong?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 3:02:19 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Isaac offered to show him, summoning a Ralts and a Rotom to go get him. They disappeared in an instant. Maybe he should try to catch a Pokemon that knew Teleport...that could be handy for a lot of things. It took maybe a minute tops for them to be back, and the Ralts tossing a Pokeball at Isaac. Wait...did he have a good depth perception back? The answer to that question was a no as it bopped the blonde in the head. The Ralts giggled, as did Asher, though at least he'd try to hide it. No need to kick someone while they were down. The Typhlosion that came out...was definitely not a normal one. Smiling, he waved at the gentle soul. Bones nodded at the other Pokemon as well. Maybe, maybe not. Alolan Marowak honor and mourn their dead with dances and graves. It would be curious how this one does the same.

The amber eyed teenager got himself a snicker in response to the idea. Well, Asher was the more direct approach on most things. But there were other ideas pitched. Battling wasn't the only option, but there was also a race, or some other competition that she couldn't just ignore. The biggest thing was proving that by working together, she could be greater still. "So a challenge of some sort, and prove to her that I'm someone to respect and listen to...I always like to prove to those that doubt me or put me down wrong...but a challenge to a Pokemon to do that...hmm...I'll see what I can come up with and see how Frou-Frou reacts to a proposal."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 15:53:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"That's the spirit." Asher was many things. A quitter wasn't one of them. Seeing that fire lit under him (pun only mildly intended) never failed to get a smile on Isaac's face. "And once you've got your plan, just let me know. Only fair I finally make good on that promise to train you, right?"[break][break]

Frankly, he wished he could train himself as well as he could train others. This depth perception change was going to haunt him for a long time. Even now, it was hard not to have the specter of uselessness hovering over his head. Ultimately, he knew it would only make things worse if he let those thoughts linger. But how could he not?[break][break]

"After all, I'll be blowing this joint before you know it," he said, hoping against hope that there was truth layered in his own bravado. "They just wanted to make sure nothing went wrong with the removal. Once they're one checking, I'm in the clear."[break][break]

He still didn't feel great. But he already knew he'd never feel great-great again. Why let it hold him back? And if it held him back on the inside, why let it show on his outside?[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Comforting Thoughts
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 21:16:00 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
With a smug, shit eating grin, Asher responded to the training bit. "Hnnn, are you sure you can train me? I can be a bit wild, you know..." It was more teasing than anything. The only training he asked was riding lessons. He knew how to handle himself in a fight, usually, and he liked to think that he was a pretty good thief. Petty or otherwise. Then came the prospect of release. "And I'm sure they also want to make sure it won't get infected or anything. You plan on getting a fake eye or go all pirate with an eyepatch?" Either one would be cool. And the pranks and shit that you can do with a fake eye!

"If you get a fake one, I totally gotta be there when you prank someone with it!" Sure, it would be a reminder of what he lost, but having fun with it and using humor can go a long way in accepting it, and moving past it. Here he was acting like some kind of psychiatrist. "Anyways, I'm sure it'll take time to get used to it and adapt to the changes, but you'll get there. It could have been a lot worse after all. I heard rumors that Littleroot is in shambles again because of the fighting. And that there were kids around! Although I also heard one of them actively hunted down Rocket members and tried to take them down with some degree of success...only because the Rockets retreated pretty quickly..." Was the League that desperate? Or was this some local kid that was pissed at Rocket for invading? Whatever the case, the kid sounded like some sort of edgelord...