Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
And the memories cut like fragments of glass.
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:08:49 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isoldetemp"]
[attr="class","body"]

She should not be here.[break][break]

Fragrant white roses flower at the patient's bedside, their delicate aroma cloying the longer Isolde lingers here. A Chatot sits on the bedside table, twittering sweetly to fill whatever silence falls between them.[break][break]

It is easy to lapse into silence, when having a conversation with a comatose person.[break][break]

"I'm sorry it took me so long to arrive," is her pathetic introduction. Hands wring themselves in her lap, anxious and uncertain. The clock ticks, precious seconds of visiting hours lost to hesitation. "With everything in Galar, I... It took me awhile, to convince my parents I could leave."[break][break]

A worthless excuse, she can already hear Vi saying. How long will you do what those people want you to do, Issy?[break][break]

The white-haired woman clears her throat and shakes her head of doubts, attempting a more cheerful air. Visitors should brighten the spirits of patients; there's no reason for her to wallow, when she is not the one who was bedridden.[break][break]

She owes Vivienne that much.[break][break]

"It's the New Year, at least. A time for new resolutions. Did I tell you that Slateport University accepted my transfer here? I will be a bit slower completing the degree, but um, I think my art portfolio will be better for it."[break][break]

An unfinished portrait hidden in the back of her closet flashes into her mind, then abruptly fades out.[break][break]

"I'm dedicating it to you, you know. My final exhibit."[break][break]

How false does she sound? How much can something like this matter, given the way things have changed? What is a few paintings, a few useless sketches, when compared to a ruined region and someone trapped in the prison of her own mind?[break][break]

They are truly alone here. There is no reason to feign anything between them.[break][break]

All the levity seeps out from her voice at last, hushing.[break][break]

"I wish I could remember what happened. Why it happened the way it did. You have no idea, Vi."[break][break]

Tears threaten at the corners of her eyes, and her Chatot wings over to nuzzle her cheek, feathers catching them before they can fall.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Wishful Thinking (CC).

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".isoldetemp"]--accent:#87CEEB;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Shay
he/him
October 31
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
whatever you need
grunt
10 height
10 height
When you enter the field of war, you must do so with single intent.
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seamus
Seamus Hunter
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:25:00 GMT
Seamus Hunter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seamus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Lilycove General Hospital was quiet — too quiet, it seemed, but perhaps Seamus' perception was merely warped by the situation at Hammerlocke's hospitals, rooms overflowing with survivors and victims of the attacks across the region. Hoenn, for all the rumors of its terrors, was calmer in contrast. The old year had ended with a sigh of relief, and the new one stirred to life with a whisper.[break][break]

The sound of Seamus' heavy boots hitting linoleum filled the air as he walked toward Vivienne's hospital room, only to stop abruptly when he opened her door. His Luxray bumped into him and meowed loudly in protest, only to fall silent when upon seeing the cause of his master's shock.[break][break]

Inside, beside the bed, sat a ghost.[break][break]

"Issy?" Seamus' deep voice interrupted her muffled sniffling. His brow furrowed. The last time he saw , she was being discharged from the hospital in Hammerlocke after doctors had confirmed she was clear to return to daily life.[break][break]

Not that either she nor Seamus could return to daily life. Not after the accident.[break][break]

He took a step into the room. "What are you doing here?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Wishful Thinking (CC)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.seamus1]--accent:#CD2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=.seamus1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:35:13 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She is a statue frozen in place as he speaks her name, afraid to turn and see the voice's owner.[break][break]

What he must think of her. What Vivienne must think of her.[break][break]

Isolde's lips press together tightly, before she forces them to crease into a smile. She lifts her head to view him at last, blue eyes meeting amber.[break][break]

How long has it been since she's seen Vi's brother? She remembers so little of those final days.[break][break]

Hands cease in their wringing, becoming pleasant and still. Her voice seeks to match that serenity.[break][break]

"Shay? I didn't know you were in Hoenn."[break][break]

She is practised at this, putting others at ease: pushing down the fluttering of her own uncertainty in order to make others comfortable.[break][break]

His probing question echoes uncomfortably, and her smile strains beneath its weight.[break][break]

"Oh. I'm... well, I'm visiting Vi."[break][break]

Is that okay? her eyes plead with him. Already she begins to raise herself from her seat, anticipating being asked to leave.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Wishful Thinking (CC).

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".isoldetemp b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".isoldetemp .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Shay
he/him
October 31
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
whatever you need
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seamus
Seamus Hunter
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 0:45:02 GMT
Seamus Hunter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seamus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

He raised an eyebrow at her answer, but he held out his hand anyway, gesturing for her to remain seated. After all, she was not intruding. She and Vivienne were together until the crash; if anyone besides Seamus himself had a right to sit beside his sister's bed, it was Isolde.[break][break]

He approached the bed to stand opposite her, on his sister's other side. "You didn't know I was here, but you knew Vi was? You came all the way from Hammerlocke?"[break][break]

Despite his words, there was no accusation in his tone. Only curiosity. After all, where Vivienne went, Seamus went.[break][break]

A pregnant pause hung in the air between them, over the hospital bed, before he spoke again. His tone was uncertain, like he wasn't sure how to broach the subject. Any subject. Which had never been an issue before, but somehow, thanks to their new circumstance, it suddenly was.[break][break]

"You look well." It sounded lame, coming out of his mouth. "How is everything? Therapy and school going okay?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.seamus1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seamus1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 5:42:31 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It's awkward, returning to her place beside Vivienne. That he welcomes her presence here, despite this nagging feeling that he shouldn't.[break][break]

"I should have come sooner," she sighs out, and her head lowers along with her tenor. "But with the Barrier, and everything back home, I..."[break][break]

The thought trails off, and Vivienne's voice sneers back at her: God Issy, grow a backbone. Is that all you know how to do? Make bullshit excuses for yourself?[break][break]

What worthwhile excuse can she give? Fear, ultimately, has held her back.[break][break]

"I don't know why I didn't expect you to be here," Isolde admits at last, and this time, she's the one who feels like her words come out foolish. Her hair falls over her eyes in a curtain of white, and she doesn't brush it away. Facing him is hard enough as it is. "You always seemed so busy, I suppose? I never know what you're doing anymore."[break][break]

His compliment takes her aback. Does she look well? She doesn't feel it. She wonders if he's trying to sound kind. He's always been kind to her, at least. And to Vi.[break][break]

She steals a glance in the mirror across the room, and the woman who looks back at her is pale and wan, as if she has hidden from all sunlight for days. In a sense, she supposes she has.[break][break]

"I think they told you, didn't they? They diagnosed me with retrograde amnesia. Everything before and just after the incident is still... blank, really."[break][break]

The details blur into one another, smearing like paint. There are no shapes forming, but the emotions the colours invoke remain: guilt, shame, and a sense of ownership over the calamity that came after.[break][break]

That puzzle dizzies and disorients her the more she tries to make sense of it.[break][break]

"I've transferred to Slateport University, actually. The art program there is really nice."

It's a valiant attempt to salvage the conversation into something better. Something happier.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Wishful Thinking (CC).[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Shay
he/him
October 31
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
whatever you need
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seamus
Seamus Hunter
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 12:08:07 GMT
Seamus Hunter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seamus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Seamus watched Isolde with an unreadable expression to his amber eyes while she struggled to come up with a decent excuse for being away for so long. It was true that the Barrier around Hoenn and the ravaging of Galar kept people occupied, but Isolde hadn't visited Vivienne even when the comatose woman was abed in Hammerlocke.[break][break]

Still, Seamus could not fault Isolde. She had suffered in the accident, too.[break][break]

"You always seemed so busy, I suppose? I never know what you're doing anymore."[break][break]

Slowly, so as not to alarm Isolde, he made his way around Vivienne's bed to join Isolde on her side of it. Without saying a word, he pulled up the other chair and sat down beside her. Then, gingerly, he reached up a tattooed hand to brush the hair out of her eyes.[break][break]

"Sorry about that," he murmured, his voice low and rough, like stone across gravel. "I should have stayed in touch."[break][break]

Seamus lowered his hand to the arm of his chair. If he tilted his wrist just so, he could easily caress Isolde's forearm with his fingers.[break][break]

But he didn't.[break][break]

He'd spent so many years not touching her because of Vivienne.[break][break]

"They told me. I'm sorry. It must be horrible." Again, lame attempts at conversation. He felt grateful when the topic turned to her studies. "You're in Slateport? That's not too far from here, I think. I'll visit you. I don't want us to be strangers."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 17:51:20 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Why is he apologizing? Her sky blue eyes stare up at him, her confusion suddenly exposed by the brush of a large and tattooed hand. For a moment, skin unexpectedly meets skin, and she half-expects the figure lying on that bed to waken.[break][break]

To rise up and face her, with a glare cold with betrayal.[break][break]

Don't you miss me at all, Issy? Or is this the result you wanted?[break][break]

"It's not so bad," she tries to say instead, and again her facial features manage to find the smile buried in all her turmoil. "My parents aren't very happy I'm here, but, I don't think they're usually happy with what I do, anyway?" It isn't a question, but she affects the lilt of one anyway, subconsciously seeking his approval in their absence.[break][break]

I don't want us to be strangers, he says, and she almost asks him why.[break][break]

"I don't want us to be strangers, either."[break][break]

He's so close to her now. She could touch him, if she wanted to, and for a moment that traitorous thought flashes through her mind: her hand gently alighting on his, squeezing it with comfort she's certain he needs right now as much as she does.[break][break]

Selfish, that voice hisses back at her with unspoken reprimand, and Isolde refrains.[break][break]

"We were fighting, before it happened."[break][break]

It's a blurted out confession, needless and unasked for. Guilt tumbles and churns within her -- for speaking aloud this shameful truth, for feeling it in the first place -- and she awaits his judgment.[break][break]

For not being enough. For not being someone Vivienne might want to wake up to.

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Shay
he/him
October 31
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
whatever you need
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seamus
Seamus Hunter
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 18:04:28 GMT
Seamus Hunter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seamus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Seamus scoffed, but not because of Isolde. Not at her, either. "You're an adult. You don't need your parents' permission to be here or to do what you want."[break][break]

For someone who could not remember his own parents, perhaps it was the wrong advice. But he was glad for Isolde's presence, if only because she was the only other person who knew Vivienne like he did.[break][break]

Certainly not because she was the only other person who knew him like Vivienne did.[break][break]

Right?[break][break]

Isolde agreed not to be strangers, and for the first time in what felt like eternity, Seamus smiled. It was not a full smile; he was not known for them. The corners of his mouth curled in a crooked way, almost a smirk if one looked at him from a certain angle.[break][break]

It was a tentative pleasure, as if he wasn't sure he was allowed this small happiness.[break][break]

Then she confessed to the argument, and his expression fell into one of concern. "What were you fighting about? Do you remember?"[break][break]

But before Isolde had the chance to reply, the door swung open and a nurse in uniform stormed inside. "Sorry to interrupt, but it's time for her checkup. I need you both to step outside," she said in a tone that very much lacked apology.[break][break]

Seated beside Isolde, Seamus bristled — an instinct born from a life of hurt. Amber eyes narrowed at the intruder, his lips twisted into a frown, and his furrowed brow darkened his gaze.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 18:24:59 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She tries, as she always does, to make sense of the fragments that led up to the accident. They are stained-glass shards of memory, rearranged and pieced together with slow care, only to result in a window that refracts uncomfortable, unfamiliar imagery back at her.[break][break]

Had she shouted back then, even? Isolde never shouts, never fights back, but she could swear that she had.[break][break]

"Mm. It's all still hazy. I think--"[break][break]

The shift in Seamus at the nurse's arrival is all too familiar. It is the same way he stiffened up when Vivienne was waiting for him in the principal's office, when Vivienne was detained in the mall department store as a girl for shoplifting, when Vivienne mouthed off one of Seamus's ex-girlfriends only for them to bite back at his sister, expecting support from him that they would not receive.[break][break]

Isolde knows all this, because she had been there, too. She'd been dragged into the chaos with Vi, who always gleefully pulled her into the whirlpool of her havoc, luring her with dreams of drowning in excess. Isolde's parents were wealthy and well-connected enough to blunt this negative influence on their daughter's life, but it spared Vivienne true ramifications just the same.[break][break]

Seamus had always loved Isolde for that, hadn't he? For protecting his sister. For understanding, in a way no one else had, how special Vi was.[break][break]

Is, comes the quick self-correction. She's still here. She's still alive.[break][break]

This time, Isolde does reach for him, placating him with a feather-light touch. Let me handle this, her eyes beg him.[break][break]

"Of course, we understand. Thank you for letting us know." She does not have Seamus's difficulty in being kind, in smoothing the hardness from her edges into something soft and easy to hold. "We can come back after, can't we? Visiting hours should still be a bit longer yet."[break][break]

Her Chatot mimics her with a bright note: "A bit longer yet, a bit longer yet."[break][break]

The nurse's stern look sweeps over them both, the man beside the white-haired woman seeming moments away from baring his fangs. Only fragile fingertips on his wrist hold him back.

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Shay
he/him
October 31
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
whatever you need
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seamus
Seamus Hunter
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 18:47:03 GMT
Seamus Hunter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seamus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Seamus was not a people person. The people in his life — mostly adults who thought they knew better — had done all sorts of things to make his life hell. To make Vivienne's life hell. And so all of his hard edges were meant to keep other people at bay, to warn them against his aggression. All for his sister's sake.[break][break]

But then Isolde's fingertips were on his wrist, a touch so light he almost did not feel it. He turned his frown upon her and saw the silent plea in her sky blue eyes.[break][break]

Fractionally, Seamus relaxed, though he resumed glowering at the nurse until she responded.[break][break]

"Yes, of course, you can come back. I'll be about fifteen minutes." She waved a hand at them, as if to shoo them away.[break][break]

Like a beast preparing to strike, Seamus rose from his chair with slow and purposeful movements. He followed Isolde into the hallway, her dark and brooding shadow, his Luxray at his side. When the door closed behind them, he turned to her but said nothing, agitated at the intrusion and unsure how to continue their conversation.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.seamus1]--accent:#D05340;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 18:56:25 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Where he is all heaviness, she is air itself -- gliding as if floating a half-step above the ground. She knows how to make herself silent, how to make herself small and unnoticed.[break][break]

He looms over her in the hallway, and Isolde feels herself swallowed in the vastness of his displeasure.[break][break]

Her Chatot dares to disturb him, perching on Seamus's shoulder with a crooning meant to soothe his agitation. Isolde would fear for its safety, were it anyone's Pokémon but her own.[break][break]

He won't hurt her, just as he won't hurt Vi. He never does. He never will.[break][break]

She knows this, a belief held deep in her bones.[break][break]

The things they say about those Hunter kids, her parents would sigh. You can do better than them. They're no-good for you.[break][break]

As if some people didn't deserve friendship, or love.[break][break]

This time, the smile she shows him peeks through a lopsided grin. "You still haven't changed," she teases.[break][break]

It is a small act of bravery, a boldness she feels she's earned with him.[break][break]

Maybe she's wrong to think so.

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Shay
he/him
October 31
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
whatever you need
grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seamus
Seamus Hunter
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 19:27:59 GMT
Seamus Hunter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","seamus1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Isolde's Chatot did its best to soothe him, but its efforts were in vain. Still, when Seamus took the bird into his large hands and removed it from his shoulder, he was careful with it. Though his frown remained, it lessened as he gently pressed the Pokémon into Isolde's arms.[break][break]

Only when she teased him with a grin did his frown finally vanish, replaced instead with a troubled expression. It was rare for Seamus and Isolde to have a private moment alone, just the two of them, without Vivienne. And though his sister had lain unconscious in front of them mere moments ago, her mere presence changed the dynamic between them. It was as if she could still see, hear, speak, and think even though the doctors had declared her unable to sense her surroundings.[break][break]

But in that hallway, Vivienne's assertive energy no longer filled the space between Seamus and Isolde. He could give the white-haired woman his full attention for what felt like the very first time since they'd known each other.[break][break]

"I guess I haven't," he admitted as the corner of his mouth turned up again in a crooked, barely-there smirk. Then he paused, but only for a moment. "Listen, after visiting hours, do you want to get something to eat? The fish market isn't far and it has some good street food."[break][break]

How long had he wanted to ask her out? Was it wrong of him? It wasn't like Vivienne was dead. Isolde likely still loved her and wanted to be with her.[break][break]

No, it was more likely that Isolde would interpret his offer as a kindness and nothing more. She and Seamus had grown up together in a way. They were friends, tied together by their shared adoration of Vivienne.[break][break]

And besides, what kind of brother would he be if he stole his sister's girlfriend, coma or no?[break][break]

Nevermind that Vivienne had been the one to steal Isolde from him all those years ago, after he'd confided his feelings to his sister. But love made people blind, and no one — except Isolde, perhaps — loved Vivienne like Seamus did.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.seamus1]--accent:#D05340;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Issy
She/Her
May 25
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Artist
Civilian
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isolde
Isolde Blythe
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 5:44:33 GMT
Isolde Blythe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Something aches in her at the sight of the delicate avian Pokémon perched in his hands: the way a rough man can be so sweetly, disarmingly gentle.[break][break]

This is what the others don't understand about Shay. All the fight in him begins and ends with what he believes is worth protecting.[break][break]

"Lucy, please," Isolde chides with a soft laugh, extending a hand for the Chatot to return to her. How magnificent creatures of flight are, she thinks to herself as the parrot alights on her knuckle, so grand and yet as light as the feathers they possess.[break][break]

Her favorite dreams are when she's flying alongside them. How freeing she imagines it must feel.[break][break]

The world seems to expand the longer they remain outside of the hospital room. When Vivienne is out of sight, her ghost cannot linger over Isolde like a penumbral shroud.[break][break]

She is allowed to daydream again. She is allowed to know laughter.[break][break]

Yet when Shay asks her to join him after the visitation, alone, there is a brief second where this rare privilege is taken from her. The guilt returns like the slam of a gavel, and once more her sky blue eyes avert themselves to stare at anything at all except the man next to her.[break][break]

You have all the privilege in the goddamn world, Issy, and yet you do nothing with it, whispers back a sly, treacherous memory. Vivienne's voice is casual in its bored, blunt nonchalance; she has never hid her thoughts from Isolde, nor has she ever tried. If I were you? Born in the life you live? I'd be the most fucking selfish person alive.[break][break]

Her Chatot sings in the silence of her indecision, giving her an excuse to hesitate. To wonder. To doubt herself, and her own intentions.[break][break]

"That would be nice," she says finally, and there is a shyness to the smile she gives him now, endearing in its awkwardness.[break][break]

"Would be nice, would be nice," Lucy the Chatot echoes.[break][break]

She smothers the part of her that knows this is betrayal, that hates herself for not fighting this harder.[break][break]

Isolde comforts herself instead with this absolution: everyone has to eat.

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
REPOSE [M/CC]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 1:17:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: