socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 16:59:27 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","naggy"]
[attr="class","top"]

he hadn’t meant to stumble on the podcast — hadn’t planned on listening it. except one thing (clickbait title) led to another (nagi’s consummate inability to not get baited, emerging in full, sleep-deprived force) and he’s here: half a bottle into a 5-hour energy, eyes bloodshot from blue-light exposure, ass glued to the flattened seat cushion at the internet café and indulging in the most inane activity the information age has birthed.[break][break]

it’s not that nagi wants to get into arguments with randos on the internet. he wouldn’t have to, if they’d simply kept their opinions to themselves — he thinks. vehement. self-righteous. self-awareness on a temporary hiatus. [break][break]

he's into the third paragraph of his second reply, when his screen shuts off. it takes nagi longer than that to realise though, klack-a-klacking at an unresponsive keyboard until the retinal afterimage of his half-written argument fades, leaving him staring at his own reflection on blank, dark black. [break][break]

his fingers hover over the keys. the switch clicks when he presses down on it, crisp and loud in the absence of the ambient whirring of cpu fans. nothing. [break][break]

there aren’t many customers left in the internet cafe. just a handful of stragglers, night owls with nothing better to do on a weekday late-night, scattered throughout the floor. nagi peers over at the one nearest to him — a black screen, same his own, peers back.[break][break]

“... huh. odd.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]mission[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-litwick"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".naggy"]--accent:#717E95; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto;
font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote b, .naggy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .naggy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .naggy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .naggy .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .naggy .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 6:07:39 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","em"]
[attr="class","top"]

He’d like to see this person try and outfox him now![break][break]

The back and forth had been near constant since his last episode dropped. This one listener had some choice opinions about his research, apparently. But Em wasn’t one to be swayed— the battle had begun. And now, several replies deep, he’s sure that he’s got them cornered.[break][break]

As competitive as Emerson feels over winning this comment war, it’s also a little thrilling, isn’t it? Someone out there cares enough to get this worked up about his content? Exhilarating.[break][break]

The redhead tips back in his seat, sipping from an energy drink can before cracking his knuckles and getting back to it. The change of scenery beyond the walls of his apartment is oddly refreshing. Or it was until his computer screen goes dark and abandons the article he’d been skimming for references.[break][break]

“Oh noooo…” The words are a slow, faint whine despite his growing dread of the unknown. What would the commenter say next? What if he couldn’t recover the preemptive set of notes he’d been working on before this sudden blackout?[break][break]

Reaching toward the monitor, he presses the button—hoping it was just a screen resolution error. It’s in vain, of course. “What in the world..” He peers up over the top of his computer. Across the row to spy a dark head of hair. “You too?”[break][break]

Everybody, actually. Given the complaints that start to kick up among the scant occupants of the cafe.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-dedenne"]

[newclass=".em"]--accent:#ad6c83; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto;
font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em blockquote b, .naggy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .em blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .em blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".em .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .em .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .em .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 16:47:53 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","naggy"]
[attr="class","top"]

nagi swivels in his seat. behind him, a mop of auburn hair peeks up above a row of monitors, like a diglett popping out of loamy, blue-lit soil. [break][break]

“mm,” he hums, nodding, but the rumble of confusion and consternation, rising in pitch and volume across the room, is answer enough. he peers down his row, and inches his seat forward to look up over to the stranger’s side of the room — black screens, all the way down. [break][break]

“i don’t think it’s a power trip,” he murmurs, head tilting back to glance up at the fluorescent tube lamps set into the ceiling, still mockingly lit above their dimmed monitors. [break][break]

bzzt.[break][break]

as if jinxed by his off-hand observation, the lamp over his head flickers, strobing with a low dissonant buzz, before shutting off with a final click. and then another flickers off, and then another; a spreading contagion, strangling out the light. [break][break]

“oh. okay,” nagi says, blinks, and then repeats, for good measure. “... i don’t think it’s a power trip.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-litwick"]

[newclass=".naggy"]--accent:#717E95; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto;

[newclass=".naggy blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy blockquote b, .naggy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .naggy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .naggy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".naggy .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .naggy .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .naggy .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 21:55:26 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","em"]
[attr="class","top"]

Em catches sight of dark hair and glasses. He almost has half a mind to duck back down as soon as he speaks up, but it’s too late – he’s been spotted. And it would be stupid to have asked a question and then hide, right?[break][break]

But such is his nature: a walking mess of embarrassment, impulse, and immediate regret for his life choices. No matter how inconsequential.[break][break]

If he were alert enough, maybe he’d make the same deduction about what caused the sudden outage. But Emerson hasn’t slept in…oh, he doesn’t know when. But the murmuring from the stranger causes him to pause, head tilting. “Unless the lights use a separate breaker,” he shrugs.[break][break]

Sitting back, in his chair, it swivels side to side as he lazily reaches for the red bull can that had been set to the side by him earlier. It’s as he’s popping the tab that the lights buzz and flicker out. His head tips back, up toward the ceiling with a frown as tangly, red hair waterfalls over the back of the chair. “Uh-”[break][break]

Then he’s shooting upward again, looking with a degree more directness at the stranger. His age? Maybe, he’s never been much of a good guess on that. “I think you jinxed it.”[break][break]

Rust red eyes dart away, though– puzzled as they try to lock onto anything that might be the source. After a moment, he rises entirely, and moves toward the front window of the cafe. Just for the sake of seeing whether or not it’s just here or the whole block pitched into sudden dark.

[break][break]

[newclass=".em"]--accent:#ad6c83; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em blockquote b, .naggy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .em blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .em blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".em .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .em .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .em .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 7:39:52 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","unagi"]
[attr="class","unagiw"]
"not my fault." above nagi’s mumble, the dimmed lamp buzzes like an accusation.[break][break]

he slouches against the desk, neck craned forward, supporting the point of his jaw in the meat of his palm as he tries to squint past the stranger at the window. without x-ray vision, all his over-strained myopic eyes can pick out are smudges of streetlight; the neon-bright, orange-on-green sign of the convenience store at the end of the street. not a block-wide blackout, then.[break][break]

ah. well. leave it to the experts.[break][break]

he shifts, ready to call it a day, grab a coffee at the vending machine, and pull the rest of his all-nighter at relative discomfort of his rickety desk — when the monitor nearest to the auburn stranger starts up with a garbled tone. a low-frequency mish-mash of digital white-noise drones from the speaker, crescendoing into a cacophony. the screen flashes, erratic; strobing white, pink, blue.[break][break]

“i think you jinxed it,”[break][break]

nagi says, first, and then —[break][break]

white, pink, blue.[break][break]

“ — isn’t that — ”[break][break]

he gets his lips as far as p when the rest of the orygon shoots out of the screen.

[attr="class","unagitag"]

[attr="class","unagipokes"]

[newclass=.unagi] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi b] color: #4f619c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi a] text-decoration: none; color: #4f619c; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #4f619c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi i] color: #4f619c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagitag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagitag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unaginotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #4f619c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagiw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagi span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagipokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #4f619c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagipokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 17:55:44 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","em"]
[attr="class","top"]

A click of his tongue follows the bespectacled man’s assertion. “Well it’s not mine.” Ergo, it’s his fault. Or it’s just out of both of their hands, but in his childish annoyance over having his typed-up comment lost the digital expanse of doom, Em’s not too keen making amendments.[break][break]
“No, that’s what I said,” he huffs as his words are mimicked back to him. [break][break]
Emerson leans back in his seat with a sigh, head tilting back to look at the ceiling. What was he supposed to do now? Sure, he could just go back to his apartment, but the last thing he wanted to do was try to type out everything he’d just lost all over again. His pondering was short-lived, an apprehensive thrill shooting up the back of his spine when one lone computer flickered to life again.[break][break]
“Huh?” He looks at Nagi with confusion, face scrunching up as his eyes narrow from the shrill noise coming from the monitor speakers. “What’s what? [break][break]
Of course, Nagi isn’t the one who has to answer, as the porygon comes out of the screen blasting, SIGNAL BEAM leaving a scorch mark on the wall behind them. Startled, Emerson tumbles back and lands square on his ass.[break][break]
“Where did that come from?” the words coming out of his mouth in a honk of pitchy sound. The digital bird, meanwhile, pings around the room. [break][break]
Maybe the should get it? Before it, like, dips again by sinking into another computer?
[break][break]

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 13:28:29 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","unagi"]
[attr="class","unagiw"]
nagi has never been to a rave, but he imagines it would be something like this. bright lights; people screaming; an auburn stranger has taken up residence on the (not-)dancefloor. [break][break]

in both hypothetical and actual versions of this tableau, nagi is flat against the wallpaper, fusing with the plaster. [break][break]

a decision he swiftly regrets when the porygon slams into it with a digital PING. dislodged paint flakes off the wall inches above his head, dusting the bridge of his nose like fine snow, and nagi's knees thud hard against the carpet as he joins on the floor.[break][break]

"idon'tknow,yourmom?"[break][break]

scathing. [break][break]

drawn by the palafin-high frequency of his strangled whisper, the porygon bears down on the sitting ducks from above, glittering with another SIGNAL BEAM. nagi's skull cracks into the desk by his side as he flinches sideways, wrenching a pokéball out of his pocket. [break][break]

"watson, DISCHARGE." [break][break]

static charges the air, electricity crackling in an arc from his shinx to the porygon. the SIGNAL BEAM fizzles out with a white-noise crackle. [break][break]

the porygon judders in a flurry of distorted bytes. around, multiple computer screens flare to life as it looks for an escape route.[break][break]

[attr="class","unagitag"]

[attr="class","unagipokes"]

[newclass=.unagi] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi b] color: #4f619c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi a] text-decoration: none; color: #4f619c; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #4f619c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi i] color: #4f619c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagitag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagitag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unaginotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #4f619c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagiw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagi span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagipokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #4f619c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagipokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
doors95 [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 17:25:45 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","em"]
[attr="class","top"]

What the hell is happening? It’s unreal the way chaos seems to unfold around them for a place that was practically dead empty to graveyard ghost town levels not ten minutes ago.[break][break]
Now the café is buzzing with color and static, the persistent hum growing louder the longer the porygon flies off the handle.[break][break]
“Woowwwww, a your mom joke? In this day in age?” He looks at Nagi skeptically, brow lifting as his voice dries out like the desert. It seems that even in a moment of heightened stress, he can’t but point out a bad joke when he hears it.[break][break]
His voice is still hushed, though, and he scoots backward until his back meets the leg of the station he’d been sitting at. At least he doesn’t knock his head like the other does as he ducks out of the way of the rogue SIGNAL BEAM.[break][break]
“Woah! You okay?”[break][break]
Fumbling for his bag on the other side of the chair he’d fallen from, Emerson manages to produce his own pokeball as the shinx short-circuits it with an attack. A porygon-z bursts free. “Follow it!” As the porygon zips around, glitching with static jolts and flashes of distorted color. Anywhere the digital bird tried to disappear to, his own porygon-z cut off its access, having LOCKED ON to the other.[break][break]
“Do we catch it? Where’d it come from?” he continues to ask questions as if the bespectacled comedic genius next to him had the answers.

[break][break]