awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Believe It Or Not, I'm Walking On Air [Gym, Nontrad #3]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 19:17:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

On the most part, the Golurks got a ‘free car wash’ (in more ways than one)—but that left a lot to say about Isaac’s Golurk simply because the mud cannons were literally doing them a number as Alex’s own Golurk flew onwards and forward—finally breaking through the downpour to another…

Oh, this was a new one?!

This literally gave new meaning to the words ‘I came in like a wrecking ball’ in more ways than one! While the first obstacle was Circus Charlie on steroids, this one was… just…

Utter chaos.

While the swinging balls were large enough to ram a Golurk from the side, what made them even more dangerous was the fact that they were not on fire, but frozen solid.

So, think of like an Overqwil, only instead of it being a Pokémon, they were literally mace heads blown up to a hundred glittering with sharp, painful shards of super-frozen ice.

(And yes, he had to call in a favor from his friend who had a shitton more Ice-types than he did just for this next segment!)

“Well… we did come in like a wrecking ball, but apparently these frozen wrecking balls can inflict… frostbite,” he gritted through chattering teeth as he shoved his bangs off his soaking wet forehead.

“Try not to get rammed off-course!”

…of course, they weren’t just coming from the left and right—they were also coming from above and below!

jPMCZfSQ

Part 3: we came in like a wrecking ball! Get the exact same roll as the numbers of Alex’s rolls to safely get through the first half of the third obstacle. Do you want to know what happens if you miss the objective?

·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 19:34:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]So much mud had blasted poor Titan that it stopped making him filthier and started making him cleaner. It turned out high pressure liquids were really good for smoothing out chips, polishing rough surfaces, and even sinking into loose cracks.[break][break]

As if realizing this, Titan stopped to turn one of his hands into an afterburner. A spin to shake off any loose mud and a quick sweep up and down his body meant that he emerged from the other side of Obstacle 2 surprisingly handsome![break][break]

He was gonna need those hot looks to help him out. The other side of the obstacle course was ice cold.[break][break]

Isaac groaned in impending hypothermia. He made a mental note to buy plenty of chicken soup after this, then tapped Titan's hand to request being put down. Once out of his palm and back on his back, Isaac inched over to the main thruster to warm himelf up before the obstacle started in earnest.[break][break]

And boy, what an obstacle it was. Isaac was sure that these things could even give Rayquaza a concussion. "The hell'd you even make these?" Isaac asked, wide-eyed and impressed. They were awesome, both in the modern sense and that old, biblical "terrifying to behold" fashion.[break][break]

Titan would take his time with these ones, favoring the leftmost edge and keeping his guard raised on his right. It'd be better to deal with one side's worth of real fast swings than getting bombarded from all angles.[break][break]

RwJtFzGR

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 19:51:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I called in a favor from a friend of mine!” he hollered over the loud swishing, swinging noises that came from approximately four directions at once—

While his Golurk had managed to weave through the first half of the wrecking ball orchestra, Isaac’s Golurk would get clipped by a surprise ‘wrecking ball’ from below—as mentioned earlier, it’s not just coming from two but approximately four (or more) directions—

A jarring, thudding noise would shake Isaac’s Golurk as the surprise obstacle slammed into the Pokémon, causing them to fly off-course…

“And yeah, you might want to do something about that!” he called back to Isaac as he crouched down low, knowing the harder part of this obstacle was coming up ahead—

With even more frozen wrecking balls coming from impossible directions now!

He could hear the tinny laugher from the ear piece he wore, because while he had them to thank for this insanity, they may have taken it to eleven!

e9UaQE_q

Part 3: we came in like a wrecking ball! Get the roll between the numbers of Alex’s rolls to safely get through the second half of the third obstacle. Do you want to know what happens if you miss the objective?

·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 20:04:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oof! It turned out active guards were hard to keep when surrounded. Titan was knocked clear off course, engines flickering as frostbite started to spread across ths impact site.[break][break]

"C'mon, buddy. Are we really gonna let a couple of ice sculptures kick our asses?" Isaac asked. Titan shook his head no, letting out a defiant chime. "That's my Titan! And what do we do when something's holding us back?"[break][break]

"That's right! We break through!"[break][break]

Titan flexed its arms outwards, the afterburners flashing from orange to green. Matching green soulfire spilled from its chest seal, slowly but surely beating back the frostbite. Though Titan was battered, bruised, and weary, and Isaac was a soaked, muddy, shivering mess, they refused to go down without a fight.[break][break]

Titan blazed a green trail across the sky, he and Isaac roaring defiantly as they dove into the mass of swinging flails. It was time to show Fortree City what they were made of![break][break]

0vfOjuru

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 19:01:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

By now, this particular gym battle was most likely being broadcast all over the Sanctuary’s live feed, and every employee who wasn’t busy in the medical bays (or feeding the Armadas in their respective aviaries) had turned out to watch.

And of course, of fucking course, someone was live streaming the entire thing online as well!

(So who knew just exactly how many people from Fortree were watching this right now?!)

Either way, the Golurk that had a screaming Birddad™ on it cleared the third obstacle, however there was a sudden swinging crush of four frozen ‘wrecking balls’ that would come in and clip on the closest part of the second Golurk that was reachable—

Hopefully Isaac wasn’t averse to getting sudden frostbite!

Assuming that they’d managed to get out of the entire thing, the last obstacle lay in front of them—myriad manner of wiring, cables and all—strung up across the last stretch of skies before the end of the entire obstacle course was reached!

“Wow, you look—a mess,” he shouted once the other had made it through before pointing at the last obstacle.

“Normally, this obstacle appears much earlier in the scramble layout, however due to the sheer size of our rides, well, this is the first time that this appeared right at the end. All you have to do? Get through without breaking any of the cables. Or the ropes.”

Now this was going to be a true test of finesse as his Golurk then lurched forward, into the final home stretch…

q|iCZF8q

Part 4: float like a butterfly Golurk! Land at least one the numbers of Alex’s rolls to safely get through the first half of the fourth and final obstacle. Do you want to know what happens if you miss?

·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 19:39:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Thanks! I rock the look, I know," Isaac called back, a teasing smirk on his face. Sure, he looked like something the cat dragged in. But he looked like something sexy the cat dragged in.[break][break]

Unfortunately, he was out of chances to end up disheveled. After being attacked by fire, water, and ice, the last obstacles was . . . cables. What an unexpectedly gentle finish. Oh well. Isaac wasn't looking the gift Ponyta in the mouth on this one. Ending tonight with a pulse would be a win for him.[break][break]

It was the cables that would be at risk instead. Titan, as his name indicated, was a big boy![break][break]

He pulled his limbs closer into his body, becoming as close to a disembodied torso as he possibly could. His ignition turned down to little more than a sputter, the occasional wisp of soulfire gas keeping him afloat. With patience rivaling everyone's favorite bowrd game, Operation, the Golurk started to hover onwards.[break][break]

2MuqHdQG

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 20:09:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His own Golurk was now pretty much hovering instead of blazing through the final obstacle, because yes, this was a literal test of charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent finesse.

It literally put the saying, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ to shame, because even if the Golurk line had the misconception about being big, bulky brutes—they were sorely mistaken.

As Alexei tucked his head down and urged his Golurk to traverse the stretch gently, disaster would strike Isaac’s end of the field—a low-hanging cable that hadn’t been secured very nearly caught his neck on it had he not decided to hunch down and let his Golurk do the navigating!

So as the other two would fly forward, the cable that came very close to catching them (his neck, to be honest) and causing them to lose time slipped around the other Golurk’s neck. How long would it take for him to notice…?

Meanwhile, the other Golurk was slowly, slowly making their way through a literal forest of wire—why did they have to take the path more tangled?!

Aeo_z1PI

Part 4: float like a butterfly Golurk! Land lower than the total of the numbers of Alex’s rolls to safely get through the latter half of the fourth and final obstacle. Do you want to know what happens if you miss?

·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 20:23:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Eep. Short king status did nothing to help Isaac avoid a near decapitation. What kind of nightmare hobbit hole was this that even he of all people had to start ducking?[break][break]

Luckily, he and Titan managed to make their way around the obstacle. Unluckily, as he ducked down behind Titan to avoid it, the cable ended up swinging around his neck. They'd almost made it through this wire of mazes without incident, and yet they were moments away from being betrayed by Titan's powerful traps and magnificant jawline.[break][break]

"Easy, Titan!" Isaac called, stopping the Golurk from trundling forward. "Back up a bit. Let that cable slip off your neck. Then all we gotta do is dip under it and we're in the clear, okay?"[break][break]

Titan nodded, letting out a mechanical grunt. He tucked his head up to get the cable unstuck. He bent his back outward so, instead of getting caught between his chin and neck, it would harmlessly roll over him.[break][break]

This match would end not in fire, water, or ice, but instead in the time honored tradition of giant robot limbo.[break][break]

so8llYBe

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:05:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was already waiting outside of the veritable cable tangle, watching as the second Golurk very nearly lost its head had Isaac not noticed what was going on. Holy crap.

Thankfully, they made it through without too much of an issue, however one of the second Golurk’s arms almost got tangled had they not maneuvered in time to finally emerge from the mess of cables.

“Truth be told, the actual objective of the obstacle course is to get out in one piece, considering that most other attempts literally tried to race me through it. However, due to the… size… of our mounts, well, we had to go another way!”

He then laughed as he ran a hand through his hair and urged his Golurk to hover closer to where his was currently ‘floating’ in mid-air before it held out an arm—which he slid down onto, landing in the cupped ‘hand’ and already holding something small, cold and metallic.

Originally the last obstacle was supposed to be something that involved wind, but… well, heavyweight Golurks can’t be sent flying as easily as say, a Pidgeot or a Braviary, so… that happened.”

He then gestured Isaac to come closer and hold out his hand.

“For showing charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent—a whole shitload of it, and not panicking when you got cornered… you deserve this.”

Once Isaac would hold his hand out, the small, cold, Skyrider Badge would tumble into his hold.

“Congratulations!”

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 22:47:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]And get through in one piece they did. Despite hitting every setback known to man, Isaac refused to back down. Despite looking like he'd traveled around the room in 80 minutes, he kept his head held high. Despite their unorthodox choices of mounts derailing the competition's original intent, they put on a hell of a show for the spectators.[break][break]

They went another way. And along that other way, they excelled.[break][break]

"Hey, right back at ya," Isaac said, flashing a grin Alex's way. "I mean, c'mon. What says uniqueness and nerve quite like what you've got going on here? I don't think there's a gym quite like it in the world, let alone the region." Should every gym be like this? Maybe not. Was Isaac glad that a unique treasure like this gym was here? Without a doubt.[break][break]

He caught the badge, clutching it tightly. "Thanks for what might've been the craziest ride of my life. I'll wear it with pride," he said. "Now, I gotta get home. Arceus knows I need to clean myself off."[break][break]

As of on cue, a Ralts holding a Totodile teleported onto the scene. "Echo, Watson, wai-" Isaac started, but he was too late. Before he could finish his thought, a torrent of Hydro Pump pressure washed him down.[break][break]

Blinking rapidly, Isaac went from a hot mess to the saddest and wettest boy alive. Echo and Watson proudly high fived each other as their absolutely drenched trainer sighed, accepting his fate. "Thanks, guys," he deadpanned, trying to wring some water out of his shirt. "Couldn't have won this without you."[break][break]

It just wasn't a victory without some form of chaos breaking out, now was it?

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 6:07:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: