1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
magic off this feeling [cc]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 23:01:51 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Fortree’s new year celebrations were small this time around, given the lack of tourism due to the giant space-time hole in the center of her abdomen. But they’d managed to congregate in a little area far enough away from the rift that it was almost forgotten, like the remnants of a bad smell. Food vendors set up tables no bigger than children’s lemonade stands; there was a specially frozen ice slide, crafted by Ice-type Pokemon, for children’s sledding-- it wound down through the air from the treetops, around trunks in spirals, the most magical sledding hill there ever was-- and everyone who had a Bluetooth speaker had brought it to allow music to play freely in the air.

Memo handed over his money for the elephant ear, and crunched back through the snow to Alex, holding up the massive piece of fried dough.

“Not bad for a 197 year old blind lady,” he said, looking at the way their little community had come together.

[attr="class","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 16:40:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Even though there was—the thing that marred downtown like a macabre light display, flashing and taunting everyone who passed their way—there was no denying it:

There was no way in hell Fortree was going to let the holiday celebrations pass.

He’d agreed to let the Frog take him out today, even if it was for a little while—simply because, well, they all needed to relax and unwind!

(Plus the good thing about this was that the ‘dome’ was gone, and now everyone could come and go from the region as they pleased.)

“Ooh, what’s that?” he inquired, looking curiously at the big-ass piece of fried dough. Damn, it smelled heavenly.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 16:46:59 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Memo grinned and held up the abomination of unhealthiness that was the elephant Cufant ear. “It’s a giant piece of fried dough covered in powdered sugar and cinnamon. It’s called a cufant ear.”

He held out the little red-and-white checkered tray that was entirely too small for the treat and offered Alex a bite off the other end of the massive thing.

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 1:08:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I can do you one better,” he chuckled as he broke off a sizable piece of the fried dough, an attempt to balance it more on the plate as he began nibbling on it.

“Oh wow. This is tasty,” he remarked around the mouthful he was eating.

“We should get more of this. Well, after this piece.”

He continued to hack and chew away at the piece of fried dough.

“Is there like, anything else we can get to eat? I’m hungry.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 16:11:33 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Alex ripped off a chunk of fried dough, powdered sugar falling to the ground like snow.

“Yeah, they’re really good.” Though at the mention of another one, he winced. “I think two might make my heart stop. That is soooo much sugar.”

Still, he grinned as he began to lead them through the lanes of celebrators: children bundled in winter clothes chased each other with rainbow sparklers; craftspeople peddled knitted gloves, hats, and scarves from makeshift booths; people ate pretzels shaped like Pikachu, huge bags of popcorn in Pokeball-print buckets, and sucked down foamy beer from red solo cups.

“Pick your poison: fried dough, street tacos, hot dogs, pizza, kebabs, popcorn, hot chocolate, ice cream… all sorts of stuff.”

In a square cleared for games, a number of cornhole boards stood opposite each other, middle-aged men shooting the shit and throwing beanbags; a few trees bore dartboards from their lower limbs like checkered fruit. Glaceon and Snover churned out fresh snow for kids to play in, as well as for a snow-castle crafting contest that was soon to be held.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 22:14:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“And sometimes you wonder how I survived on mostly sugar for the time I’ve been in Hoenn—simple: I’m a sugar fairy. Or… whatever the male equivalent of faeries are,” he teased back with a grin as he tore off a large piece of the Cufant ear and continued chewing on it.

At the mention of all the food, he cackled quietly.

“…you know if I brought my macarons out here they’d sell pretty quickly,” he quipped. He then wondered…

“…you think they have a ramen stall here?”

Yes, Memo, your boyfriend has the appetite of a Snorlax, and you can’t stop him from eating at least one of everything!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 22:38:07 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]“Still a faerie, I think,” Memo said, humming as he gave it some real, serious thought. “But just… just a dude faerie.”

He let Alex have the majority of the hot fried dough piece.

“Yeah, but… I wanted this to be a break, for both of us. And I know you love baking but I also know that you bake when you’re stressed, so…” he shrugged. “I figured we could enjoy it without having to, like, run a stall. Bad enough we have to marshall the parade…”

With the rest of the Cufant ear polished off Memo folded the plate into quarters and tossed it in a trash bin.

“I dunno, maybe? I signed some permits on some weird food trucks so, let’s look!”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 15:31:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, my god.”

Just how weird would the offerings get? He hoped it wouldn’t be as weird as the shit he’d seen being sold in Nimbasa, all those years ago—the expensive, sugar-dripping (which looked spiked) milk shakes, for one thing. There were also quite a number of street foods that he had survived on—

“Oh, over there!” he called out, running forward and pulling the other man along with him, stopping right in front of a shawarma food stall.

“Can we try this first?”

And out came the puppy-dog eyes of begging.

UwU

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 1:48:25 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Every expense, every dollar spent on supporting vendors, paying taxes; every hand cramp from hours signing permits, every headache from arranging the layout of things, planning maps, rerouting traffic--

--it was all worth it to see Alex this happy. Hell, it would all be worth it for even a fraction of this happiness.

“Yeah, baby. Order for me. I don’t know what to get.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 0:28:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Luckily enough, the shawarma stall was running a ‘buy one get one’ special, and he wasted no time grabbing that exact offer—unable to hide the fact that he was… okay, he was definitely more than hungry at this point.

“Damn, that smells so fucking good,” he crowed, inhaling deeply and just like—wham, two delicious beef shawarma rolls were handed to him.

“Here, take one, I gotta pay for this,” he continued as he rummaged around before pulling out some bills from his pocket; while taking a big bite in the process.

“Oof, ow, ouch, hot!” he gasped, because holy shit his tongue just got an extremely rude awakening.

It tasted hella good, though!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 22:02:32 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Memo stood back and let Alex take the lead, bartering with the stallminder like his abuela at the market-- or, at least, Alex had the energy of an eccentric, bargain-oriented shawl-clad granny hellbent on getting the best deal on rumproast.

He took the proffered skewer with a nod of thanks and made a face when Alex bit into his own and promptly burnt the shit out of his mouth.

“Of course it’s hot! We just got it!”

He had committed this exact, himself, sin with any number of soups or dishes pulled from the oven.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 2:37:14 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: