1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
no fear when i'm with you [cc]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 23:16:23 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]The request is a kind of summons, Memo realizes, though until this exact moment he hadn’t known what he was trying to summon.

It had been simple: help each other get stronger by playing off of each other’s strengths. Alex was amazing in the air, like he and his Pokemon were the same creature, the same being. Memo, meanwhile…

…yeah, he was struggling to come up with a positive description of his fighting style. He didn’t really even have a style, per se. But maybe that was it! He was creative. There. There you go.

But he did have a tendency to throw himself face-first into the fire and think about the consequences later.

Alex, meanwhile, didn’t enjoy traditional battles. So they could consider this a trade.

“The thing you’ve got to realize about fighting,” he explains, stretching in the light streaming in from the Gym’s open ceiling-- he’s wearing several layers because it’s still freezing and he hates the cold-- “is it’s not really the big guy you gotta worry about.”

He says this as an old pro. He’s lived on the streets, slept under park benches, woken up to strange people in his hostel rooms. He knows this grind. It isn’t the big people you have to worry about.

It’s him. And the people like him. Wiry, clever, quick. Survivors.
[attr="class","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 16:43:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“So… what is it that I do have to worry about?” he asked his better half.

They were out here at the grounds of the Gym after the last of the challengers had been seen out for the day. It had been… admittedly a bit of a train wreck in more ways than one.

“Asides from people trying to kill me, of course,” he added with a bit of a sarcastic laugh. Who knew if whoever’d done that job from before would come back to finish it.

He was accompanied by Vincent the Lucario today… because it was looking to be a serious kind of talk.

“Enlighten me, O Great One,” he went on with a teasing grin on his face.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 16:52:25 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Freya was standing next to him grinding her fist into the palm of her other paw, grinning like a fucking madman and staring Vince in the eye with the sort of rabid excitement that a child had when they were on the cusp of getting something they’d desperately wanted for a very, very long time.

“I’m just staying don’t overlook the little, scrappy guy. Like me.” He rolls his shoulders. “We’re small and desperate and used to being bullied so we’ve figured out ways around it. We don’t have the appearance to scare people off so they choose to pick on us and we have to make them regret it.”

He smiles, a little sheepish, because, wow, he was really tapping into some hidden pool of lif experiences in this one huh?

Freya’s aura began to raise off of her in waves, snapping and crackling with controlled, errant power that made the air smell of ozone and electrical charges.
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 1:27:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Vincent the Lucario squinted over at his counterpart and was wondering why she was getting ready to be violent, and his eyebrows went up so high they threatened to disappear into his ears. That was really scary.

“Whoa, Vince,” he hummed quietly as he looked over at his concerned Pokémon.

“Uhh… love?” he continued as he turned to face his partner. “Freya’s starting to scare the crap out of Vince. What’s she wanting to do?”

And then he remembered what Memo had mentioned—

“What do you suggest, then? Get to their level and… uh, try to figure out the way they think? Like, what makes them—them?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 16:03:15 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]There was this satisfying juxtaposition between the two of them that never failed to make Memo smile: soft versus rough, docile versus aggressive. Alex’s team always-- to him, at least-- seemed well-rounded gentlemen, and Memo’s team… well. They were all just a hair insane.

And while Guillermo himself wasn’t bloodthirsty-- a far cry from it-- he never did hesitate to drop the gloves for a good scrap.

“She wants to fight, love. It’s her favorite thing.”

Tapping into that part of him, the part of him he’d more-or-less gentled for the sake of station and relationship, felt really, really good.

“That’s part of it. You have to understand that they’re not going to pull any punches, so you shouldn’t either.”

He looked to where his Lucario was powering up like a fucking super saiyan and snickered. “You’re ridiculous. You can’t just attack them. You have to ask them if they want to battle.”

He turned back to Alex.

“Do you want to battle?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 22:18:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His Lucario continued to stare at his female counterpart, wondering if she was really more than what she let on—the way that she wanted to literally butt heads and have a full-on fight with… well…

“Wait, I have a question,” he continued, shifting his balance ever so slightly and raising his right arm halfway, like a student hesitant on volunteering information in class.

“What if they just charge right at you without all the niceties? What then?”

He did have a point.

(Or maybe he watched too many action movies, who knew?)

He was also hoping to get a few self-defense lessons out of this, too. At least, that’s what he wanted to learn.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 22:45:33 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]“Right, they probably will. Not a lot of Rockets will talk at you, first.” He squared his body to his boyfriend and curled his fists. “So always have a Pokemon out because they’ll also likely fight dirty.”

He cracked the knuckles on his index fingers. “But if another human runs at you, keep your center of gravity square, and let them come to you. Try and get them to over-extend or lunge. Use their own balance against them. Quick feet in, quick feet out.”

He pointed to spots on his own body in succession: “I learned this from Miss Congeniality but it works: if they get behind you, remember to SING: Solar plexus, instep, nose, groin. The elbow is a pretty sturdy spot so you can hit with a lot of force.”

Freya continued to glow with energized aura.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 15:21:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Even if I’m taller than they are?” he pointed out, blinking and smirking slightly at the reference. Of course he would’ve learned that from a movie, of all things. But the theory was sound, though!

“So, considering height difference, among other things, I might end up hitting something else… do I still try to get as close to the impact points as possible?”

Vincent the Lucario continued to look at Freya with a hell of a lot of concern. Sighing, he then conceded and crouched down, getting ready to slug it out with his female counterpart.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 2:07:22 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]“I mean, you’re probably going to be taller than them, statistically speaking,” Memo said, his tone an equal mix of joking sarcasm and affectionate appreciation, “because, you know, look at you. But yeah. Keep your center of gravity low and tight, and aim for those weak spots.”

As soon as Vincent struck his combat pose Freya was off like a light, a triumphant cry quickly swallowed by the rushing roar of her aura as she shot across the battlefield and aimed a punch at the male Lucario’s face.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 0:23:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of course she was going to charge. Of fucking course Freya would come screaming his way.

However, Vincent was a patient one—and literally took the attack full to the snout, never mind if he growled in annoyance (shit, that hurt) before he braced himself—and then spread his paws out and executed a Countering gesture, returning the impact two-fold on the other Lucario.

(Because no, he wasn’t going to be fucking around!)

“Whoa, uh. Okay, so what do I do—just—charge at you?! he exclaimed, seeing as their Lucario were apparently going at it.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 22:07:47 GMT
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Freya was caught off guard by the male Lucario’s unwillingness to act, frowning down at him as the aura crackles and wreathed around her; she was not expecting the counter, which struck her full in the face and sent her skidding backwards, though she hadn’t used a real move so the payback was slightly less.

She shook her head and grinned. This was right. This was right. She called down the storm of aura around her and launched her arms out, firing off a huge aura sphere at Vincent.

“Sure,” Memo said, grinning with his arms out like whatcha gonna do.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 2:34:16 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: