snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
would've, could've, should've
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 1:09:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the text comes after weeks of silence. no calls, no texts...

and in hindsight, she should've noticed it was too grammatically correct to even be from felix, but it's been too long and she's long since lost whatever anger she held. the urge to see him, to spill an apology like water on the floor, had become too strong to ignore.

her stubbornness had kept her from contacting him. despite the hollowness, despite the way her house has never felt so lonely... she kept using distraction after distraction to stop herself from caving.

now, there's no other option. she leaps at the come over text and she swears even as she walks through brisk cold air, she can feel the anxiety creeping in. it reeks of desperation and guilt, no longer pity or victimization.

and when she arrives at his door, she lingers for longer than she should before finally raising a fist and gently knocking on the door.

"...felix?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 5:43:42 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Desperation clung to his skin, to his clothes, to his entire being all through the passing weeks that separated them. After being apart for so long, it felt hellish to be the one creating the division this time. But, whenever he reached for his phone or looked toward the lonely street of her Lilycove apartment, something inside of him yelped. It forced him back like a collar too tightly bound around one's neck.

Time and time again, that yelp pulled back on Felix's collar. Until one day, while at home, he heard an unfamiliar knock on his door.

It was deep into the afternoon, and they'd already gone out for lunch, so it definitely wasn't doordash. Frowning, he pushed himself up from the couch and crept over. The door blew open with one solid swing.

"Illeana...?"

Felix was the definition of a hot mess-- hair displaced into a mess, eyes clearly stained red from lack of sleep and pajamas that looked more like prison garb than anything else. Wide eyed, he stared down at her with his jaw slack from the sheer surprise of her appearance.

"...Do you want to come inside?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 5:51:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]confusion mildly pinches at her face.

was he... not expecting her?

she looks hesitant, a deerling in headlights as soon as he opens the door.

and it feels wrong, she realizes, to be so close yet so far away.

she despises this. she wants it to be over. the urge to sink into him rises, falls, and rises again with all the vengeance in the world.

"sorry, uh, for just showing up."

she wants to show him the text but her hand doesn't move toward her phone and she simply... stares.

he looks terrible. exhausted, worn out.

is this hard for him too?

and with his question, she doesn't say much. she nods once and lingers in the doorway, waiting.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 15:59:58 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Ok."

Felix stumbled backward, pressing the door open as he did so.

Inside, the small two bedroom townhouse reeked of man. Emptied, crushed cans littered the countertops, creating mountains of trash. On the ground, the occasional thrown jacket or shirt could also be found, blanketing the muddled carpet. No color lit the dim living room or kitchen. Everything was either black, gray, white, or occasionally brown.

Hovering around the small kitchen, Felix stared down at her. His expression was indiscernible. "Do you want something to drink? I have water and grape juice."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 16:45:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he lets her in…

and her nose scrunches at the sight of trash. crushed cans used a decoration itch at her fingers, the urge to begin cleaning up almost overwhelming.

she doesn’t quite look at him yet. she’s still focused on the surroundings, on what needs to be picked up and cleared away.

her voice is soft, distracted, when it finally returns to answer his question.

”no, i’m okay.”

and as her eyes travel up to meet his, she feels a pang in her chest cavity. his expression cannot be pried apart by her fingers until it makes sense… there’s nothing for her to analyze. he keeps a stormy neutrality she has never been capable of.

it’s unnerving, she realizes.

”do you want help cleaning? is — did you invite me over for that?”

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 17:22:45 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

"Okay."

Despite her refusal, Felix remained stuck to the kitchen's entranceway. It'd become a little nest for him to seek shelter within. Propping himself up, one shoulder balancing off the wall, he stared down at her.

To her question, confusion scrunched his face. Thick eyebrows furrowed into one bent line across his forehead and his lips dipped into a thoughtful frown.

"I didn't invite you over," he stated, plainly. Even if he was glad of her presence, he hadn't held the tact to convey that.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 17:33:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, you did?"

she meets his confusion with her own, as if she doesn't quite understand what he's playing at.

and despite the distance he seeks to maintain, she turns to move toward him.

her phone is outstretched, then, and a text stares up at him.

"unless you didn't send this?"

the text in question is the latest one from his number, grammatically correct and telling her to come over.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 18:15:00 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Squinting, he read the small text: 'I want to see you. Can you come over at 6pm?'

It sounded like him and it came from his number, but he certainly didn't remember pressing the send button for a message like that. Felix frowned and shoved his hand into his pocket, fishing out his own phone.

After a few quick swipes, the same text conversation appearance, however his message was conveniently left out. As if it never existed.

"Huh."

He stared at the screen, thinking.

The only way something could've been sent without a trace would be if someone were to send the text from his phone, then delete it immediately after. But who could...

"August."

Realization was smeared across his face. Then it was replaced with regret.

"Sorry. I guess he took my phone when I wasn't look and sent that text."

Somehow, though, that thought made him feel worse. The fact that she only came because of a text he never even sent.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 18:58:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]oh.

the realization works quickly, breaking her expression apart. and her face falls a moment later, disappointment settling in a little too quickly for her liking.

”i see.”

she backs off quickly, taking a few steps back and away from his personal space.

”i can go, then, if you’d like?”

seeing as he didn’t send the text, didn’t ask for her to come here, didn’t want her here…

what else could she do?

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 4:02:10 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"No."

Before he could even think, Felix's body moved a step forward, one hand reaching out and pain twisted across his features.

"I--Mm."

He bit his lips closed. After everything that's happened, what was there to say? Words felt dried a shriveled on his tongue -- immovable against the tides of tension that stood between them.

"I'd prefer if you stayed."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 4:10:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she stills, eyes wide.

and after a moment, her body turns from statue to movement. her hand finds itself reaching for his, wadding through unsaid words and tension.

"are you sure?"

he's been ghosting her... but he wants her to stay. it doesn't make much sense but...

she can breathe easier with her hand in his and she can't actually bring herself to fully leave.

"are you..."

still mad?

it hangs in the air, unspoken but palpable all the same.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 4:25:11 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I'm sure."

Frankly, in the pool of confusion he laid in, this was one of the only things he could say he was sure about.

A familiar wave of warmth trickled down from Illeana's touch, curling around his heart in a way that felt more comforting than he'd ever be able to articulate. With it, he felt the strength to take another step forward, then another, until the space between them dwindled down to no more than a few inches.

"Are you..."

"Still mad?" For once, the words came easy to him. "No. I'm not."

He gestured back toward his room with the jut of his chin.

"Want to sit down?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 4:38:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he moves closer and it takes everything in her to not settle against him without warning.

and as he confirms anger has dissipated, she lets out a shaky little breath.

good... this is good...

"i'm glad."

her voice is soft, tentative. she still feels the tension, the awkwardness... but it's growing smaller.

perhaps by the end of the night, it'll be gone.

her hand tightens on his and she nods, body gravitating closer to his subconsciously. the normal pull between them has not suffered as much as she had thought.

"yes, please."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 4:47:15 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Together, the two walked deeper into the townhouse, taking a slight right into the corridor housing the last two rooms.

The state of Felix's room was a stark contrast to the mess that lived within the living room. Albeit a few strand pieces of clothing laid out on his bed, everything was well within its place. Even the sheets had been nicely made, tucked in place with precision marking a meticulous owner.

He moved them toward the bed where they could settle on top of the grey and white striped bedsheets.

"...how have you been?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 5:00:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's pleasantly surprised to see his room is clearer than the living room had been.

and as he guides them toward his bed, she settles onto it softly. the urge to lay down, to make herself comfortable rises and falls as easily as breathing...

she doesn't give into it. they're not there yet.

"i, um, have definitely been better."

there's no point in lying about it.

her eyes focus on him with a softness.

"how about you?"