played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 22:14:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Concern is all he shows.

For Felix, for a rocket, this task is far from the realm of insanity. You do what needs to be done - no questions asked.

But illieana is far from the deprived nature of the organization. She still held onto her morals, her conscious, and everything else Felix had discarded when making the first plunge into ANVIL.

"Are you sure?"

There is no hint of disapproval. No signs of forcing her back. If this is what she wants to do, Felix would be the first to support her endeavors, but that was the catch of it all. Is this really what she wants to do?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 22:21:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her morals have been slipping in the recent months. they’re less constricting, less hard lines and more blurry edges she teeters along.

here and now is no different.

she looks torn, considering too many options and thoughts to know what she wants.

”i think so.”

it’s hesitant, as if she needs him to help her decide. to push her off the edge or save her from making the jump herself.

”i don’t know how else to power this.”

05 investigate the depowered power stations and their destroyed cords, powerbanks, machinery, etc.
22 find a way to bring power to a deactivated power station, but any instruments or machinery within will fail to work yet.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 22:29:13 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
There were times Felix could be considered the best thing for the young budding scientist. Supportive and loyal, there was no better person to help elevate her to new heights. But, that meant there were also times this positive attribute twisted into something less than kind. For as supportive as he could be, Felix Gallagher was among the worse in offering advice. A musk knows no experience outside the hollowed life it lives.

Felix is no different, in that regard.

"Okay."

Peering over the edge, Felix takes her hand in his and makes the jump together.

"Let's give it a try."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 22:37:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his hand is warm and supportive and she knows he’s the only person to encourage whatever she decides.

there’s no judgement, no refusal, no dismissal…

just him and her and the terrible choice they’re about to make.

”okay.”

she takes a few more steps forward before stilling and turning toward him.

a thought has made her eyes murky.

”how will we get the wiring out?”

surely they’ll… have to dissect it out, won’t they?

05 investigate the depowered power stations and their destroyed cords, powerbanks, machinery, etc.
22 find a way to bring power to a deactivated power station, but any instruments or machinery within will fail to work yet.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 19:52:45 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it."

She shouldn't have to dirty her hands like that. Not when he was here, by her side, abled and ready to withstand the slings of grueling reality that lay waiting by the exit.

Rough fingers find themselves tracing the carve of her shoulder; light touches to fuel him for the approaching unspeakable. Gently, his hand reached for hers.

"Come on."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 21:28:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his willingness to dirty his hands instead of hers and the light touches of rough fingers on her shoulder’s curve solidify a fact that has been brewing for some time: she’s not sure what she’d ever do without him.

and she never wants to find out.

”we’ll have to cut it open.”

correction: he will.

she’ll guide him through it, eyes sharp and watchful over his movements. it’s the only way, isn’t it?

”lead the way.”

she trusts his judgement, his guidance, more than her own. and as her head turns, her eyes soften as they meet his.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 3:50:16 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Cut it open. Right.

It's with a nod he began to lead their way toward the exit, where the abomination still lingered, waiting for their prying hands to pluck it apart. As he walked, Felix's hand lingered behind him, attempting to reach for hers in some brief comfort.

It wasn't like this would be the first time he's crossed lines within his morality, nor would it be the last, but somehow he still ached for the warmth of her hand carefully tucked within his.

"here it is."

Slouched against the wall, the caress laid waiting. Felix coached beside him without hesitation.

"What first?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 3:47:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's overly grateful, perhaps, for his hand reaching to intertwine with hers. it's soft, warm, affectionate.

and for a moment, she forgets they're in foreign territory about to cut open some abomination of a lifeform. crazy.

he shifts to crouch beside the carcass and her hand drops from his quickly, allowing him space to work.

"oh, right..."

into her little bag of tricks she goes. and after a few seconds of a rustling sound, she pulls out a set of knives. they're different sizes, some more attack oriented than the rest. she moves hilts aside to find a small scalpel tucked in amongst the disarray.

it's extended to him, then, with the handle out ready for him to take.

"here, use this."

she waits until the blade is no longer in her grasp before continuing.

"start with an incision at the top of the arm and slowly drag it down to the elbow. the skin should part easily enough."

then again, are these things even close to flesh? would a scalpel work on them or would they need something bigger?

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:23:24 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Instructions are followed without a second thought.

Accepting the scalpel, Felix offered one gentle smile - a small token of reassurance - before turning back to the abominations below. A steady breath leaked out from his nostrils and he crawled over it, sharpened eyes pinpointing themselves to the arm she'd instructed him to slice open.

It took a second to puncture the hardened layer of skin. Fingers stacked on top of one another, he pushed pressure onto it, stopping only when a short hiss broke free, signifying his success. From there, it was only a straight cut down.

A putrid smell permeated out from the corpse and into their surroundings, a wave of infection they could not keep contained. Felix doesn't flinch but moved to tug his shirt over his nostrils. Even he wasn't immune to its effects.

"Next?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 1:28:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as soon as he cuts into the arm, the resulting stench comes with an overwhelming wave of nausea.

she gasps, hands flying up to cover her mouth and nose.

"fuck."

a moment later, her familiar healing mist rises in tendrils off her body. it looks to overwrite the nausea by smothering out the smell. she doubts it'll work but her stomach is already settling a tad.

"try to cut out as many wires as you can."

her eyes are focused on him, his movements, the scalpel in his hand... anywhere but the body itself.

"they'll need to be a little frayed at the edges to connect them into the machine easily."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 1:49:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Got it."

Diligence bled from his nimble fingers, obvious in the way he concluded the slice of his arm. Even the stench, which smelled absolutely foul, couldn't prevent him from finishing what he had started.

The healing mist does little to protect his nose, but Illeana wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference. His expression is too stoic, too still, to speak of any change.

"Almost done."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 3:18:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's relatively quiet as he works, eyes following his hands.

and when he comments on getting closer to the completion of this task, she hums her acknowledgement.

somewhere beyond them, a body stirs. not quite dead but not quite alive. they will need to leave soon...

"got it all?"

they'll need every piece they can manage to cut away.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 14:54:20 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Yeah."

Rare flickers of uncertainty rang through his workings. It was hard not knowing what to look for or what to necessarily retrieve. But Illeana was there, combing through his work with her gaze, so at least there was some level of reasoning behind his echoing reply back. Even if there were a problem, she would've certainly dealt with it.

He looked up at her, awaiting the next set of instructions, if there were any.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 16:38:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a soft hum of approval escapes.

"i think that's everything we'll need."

and after a moment, she takes a few steps back to allow him room to move.

"we can put them in my bag."

as if to prove her point, she offers the small bag to him, the mouth of it already open for him to place the wiring within.

beyond them, perhaps no more than fifty feet away, the buzzing of electricity grows louder. and with it, the echoing of footsteps.

her head jerks up, eyes widening.

"we might've overstayed our welcome."

shit.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
system failure
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 3:05:06 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix nodded.

With a soft grunt, he placed bundles of wire into the gaping hole. He did his best to avoid getting any rust or oil onto her, or anything else, but stray droplets still made their journey off from its rubber.

Once everything was cleaned from his hands, he raised himself back up and dusted the gravel from his knees.

"Le-"

Then the echo of footsteps came barreling through the frail sanctity of silence. They were no longer alone.

"Go."

There was no time for conversation. Whether Illeana agreed to it or not, he would roughly direct her further into the facility. If the footsteps sounded off in 1/8th beats, they'd run to 1/16ths. Whatever it took to get them further into the tunnel's mouth and throat, where further dangers had already been cleared, and the safety of a hideout became within the realms of possibilities.