she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 6:46:44 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
Bright festive lights dotted the traveling funfair, bathing the fairgrounds in colors of bright pink and blues. Along the outer edges of the fair large rides elicited screams of pure joy from their passengers, while the inner sections contained the more docile set up of tents. Near the front of it all, Rory stood, patiently waiting by the entrance in the brand-new white sun dress she'd just bought. It didn't quite match the current season, but with this sudden heatwave, it worked well beneath the sun's ferocious growl.

Rory's eyes skipped across the outsides of the fairgrounds. She'd told to meet her at 11am, but in her hurried rush to make it on time, she'd found herself arriving nearly 20 minutes early. Had it not been for the twitching of her stomach, she'd pay no time to the slow crawl of time. But the further she waited, the more nervous she got.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 16:03:32 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","bakerboy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

as per usual, james almost arrives late because he had been burying himself in his work. it's gotten better ever since joined the team. it makes it more difficult to excuse himself from social activities because she can always physically drag him away.[break][break]

"sorry! sorry! i'm here."[break][break]

he jogs up to her, laptop bag hanging off his shoulder. from the dark shades under his eyes, it's clear he's slept very little or not at all.[break][break]

but he made it.[break][break]

"how are you? didn't keep you waiting too long, i hope!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 23:44:01 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar

Her eyes clung onto the laptop bag that loosely hung from around his shoulder.

He was overworking himself again. 

"It's okay," she stammered, cheeks pinched red. It was obvious she'd put more time into her appearance than him. Sure, this was originally meant to be a night shared between friends, but to come running late with your work laptop still out? It was a bit disheartening, to say the least. 

A passing couple brought her attention back up from the gutter. Their ears. They needed to put on their ears. 

After a quick shuffle within her own bag, Rory pulled out a set of two pairs of pokemon ears. One was made to look like Umbreon ears, the other Espeon.

"We can't forget these," she smiled. "You pick!"

[/div]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 4:20:46 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

it is disheartening, james agrees, and it's the very reason why his previous relationship had ended. it's also why his new years resolution was to spend less time at work and more time with people he cares about, as he had told during their night out.[break][break]

but has he really changed since? he could he? considering all the extra work with the rifts.[break][break]

he looks down at the offered ears, expression immediately lighting up as he reaches for the espeon ones.[break][break]

"i think this would look better on you than me."[break][break]

without much prompting, he raises them over her head and gently slips them on.[break][break]

"see?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 5:59:13 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
Red trickled across her cheeks, trailing caresses in the still air that stood between them. She blinked, hard, desperate in her attempt to swallow the bubble of heat that burst in her throat.

"Ah, okay. thank you."

Her voice simmered down to a mumble. Somehow, at the worst of times, this small interaction reminded her of a scene she'd recently read about. The main character and her love interest had gone out to the nearby festival, more as friends than anything else. Instead of ears, the love interest had reached over her to push back a piece of hair, hovering only a second too long. But it was enough.

Shit. She was doing it again.

"Then, this one's for you."

Dipping to her tippy toes, she lifted up just high enough to fit the pair of umbreon ears on top of his head.

"Ah, It looks so cute on you!"

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 10:58:08 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

to help her efforts, he bends down enough to make it not so tedious for her to fit the pair of umbreon ears on his head.[break][break]

"and now we're matching."[break][break]

kinda. more so pairing than anything, but the cuteness persists.[break][break]

smiling, his hand raises to adjust his umbreon ears slightly before nodding.[break][break]

"right! what do you wanna check out first?"[break][break]

he glances around.[break][break]

"they even have a ferris wheel! wow."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 6:14:50 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar

A Ferris wheel? The mention immediately sprung Rory to life, throwing her into a twirl. Turning to look up at the Ferris wheel, her hand reached up to the far-off wheel, fingers outstretched wide as a fan. 

"Let's start there!!"

She glanced back over her shoulder. Tilting her back to let out a fluttery laugh. 

"I want to see see the entire city from up there."

[/div]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 10:07:01 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"alright! the ferris wheel it is."[break][break]

with a smile, he leads them along toward it and they soon find themselves in one of the capsules climbing higher and higher. this is the type of ferris wheel that eventually stops at the top to give them some time to properly enjoy the view.[break][break]

"check out the view!"[break][break]

he leans his shoulder into hers as he points out toward the cityscape of rustboro.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 21:00:52 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
It took every piece of confidence to will her body still. It was one thing to be left alone, climbing up the Ferris wheel with someone, but it was something else entirely to feel the warmth of their presence so close to her own.

"It's amazing," she breathed. A bright, starry-eyed expression lit her face ablaze as the twinkle of the city distracted her fluttering heart and racing thoughts. The world felt so small from where they stood, up above it all. A playground to which their wildest dreams could flourish. "I wish I could look at this view forever."

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 17:57:44 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

the warmth of her presence is noted but he's not so sure if he should act upon it. the last thing he wants is for her to feel like the rebound especially since he had only recently broken up with his ex.[break][break]

"we could just keep coming back over and over again."[break][break]

that would be nice.[break][break]

"but we gotta check out the rest of the festival and visit the stalls. i wanna win you something."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 21:21:37 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar

"Could we?"

The sheer excitement of the suggestion grabbed her attention with such sudden vigor she was half expecting to hear her neck completely snapping in half.

"Oh, yeah, true!"

Would be a waste to spend their entire day just going around in circles. Even if the view was this pretty.

The ferris wheel's pod slid back down the opposite side of the track, settling down with a loud hiss from metal scraping against metal. A second later, the door threw itself open.

"Since I picked the ferris wheel, you get first dibs on the stalls," she smiled, gesturing over to the colorful games and food stalls dotting their surroundings.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 9:38:29 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

first dibs on the stalls means one thing! the basketball stand with the impossibly small hoops and large balls that just don't make sense but somehow works.[break][break]

"don't judge me too much...i don't usually workout."[break][break]

the only thing he does is run, and even then, it's infrequent.[break][break]

but on his first attempt, he sinks his shot, then another, and then the third, winning them a prize.[break][break]

"okay, that was...lucky! see? i told you i'd win you something."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 13:20:52 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

With every throw of the ball, a small, squeezed gasp would escape her, perfectly detailing the rise of her heart rate to the excitement of carnival stall basketball. When he thrown his last ball, the plush pokemon wasn't the only thing he had won.

"You did it!"

Excitement blurring her vision, Rory found a natural tug toward him. She brought her arms around him and gave a classic congratulatory squeeze.

"Whaddya want?"

The stall worker, deadpan and bored, didn't bother waiting til after their hug to ask. Instead, he leaned forward and forced a close to their celebrations, as little as they were.

"Oh, uh, sorry! Let's see..."

Bright eyes staring up, Rory gave each of the hung prizes a long look.

"That one!"

A Buizel plushie.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
505 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 2:39:17 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"yeah!"[break][break]

the hug is unexpected, though not unwelcome. he returns it for the brief moment it lasts, finding himself wanting more even after she pulls away.[break][break]

huh.[break][break]

the stall worker is quick to reach for the buizel plushie, placing it down on the counter in front of them in hopes that they would leave.[break][break]

james takes the hint and loops his arm around rory's before tugging her away.[break][break]

"let's go let's go let's go!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Enchanted [EE]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 2:49:17 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
One hand reached for the Buizel, the other .

"Okay okay okay!"

Together, the three of them were freed to set off to the next stall, leaving behind nothing more than the scattered remains of joyous laughter.

"What do ya think?"

Bringing the plushie in front of her, she gave the small water type a good look down, searching for any loose threads. Carnival stalls were notorious for their low-quality product and as a plushie connaisseur herself, it was within her duties to ensure there wouldn't be any premature breakage of her newfound friend.

Suddenly, Rory brought them to a curt stop. She then scooted in front of him, holding up the Buziel close beside ' head.

"He kind of reminds me of you."
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]