JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:04:41 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","james bakerboy"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

for the second time in a very, very long time, the apartment is immaculate, free from the clutter one would expect from two workaholics and one on the verge of becoming one. he'd done most of the cleaning, finding time between work sessions, but he left their bedrooms untouched, not wanting to know their secrets.[break][break]

the apartment has been cleared out, vacated to allow them their privacy just for this one evening. is likely holed up in the office with their army of rats, which may be why the apartment is as clean as it is.[break][break]

"i said i'd cook you dinner, didn't i?"[break][break]

he says, smiling as he steps into the kitchen where he'd already started cooking.[break][break]

"i already know your allergies, so just sit and relax. i bought drinks as well," even though they don't really drink much (or at all).

[break][break]

// SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"] --accent:#5d7070!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james a { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
379 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:16:09 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
the chair teeters from its two hind legs as wolfgang stares at the kitchen. he leans back, casual as he can be in his own home, as he waits for the chef to cook.

as romantic as james wants the date to be, wolfgang treats it like any other joke between friends. the undertones were part of the gag as he took it, and james taking it to the next level was more than enough to get him to reconsider it to the real deal.

"you better make it good!" he goads from his seat at the dining table. "i'm a picky eater, y'know!"

he can be as loud as he can since isn't around. the guy was weird with all his rats that even wolfgang gets unnerved around him. not that it changes the way he interacts with him.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:25:24 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

what started off as a joke has gone too far, leaving him too anxious to step away now as that would mean admitting that it's all been a lie. not all of it has, he thinks, and just because it started off as a joke doesn't mean it can't now be genuine, right?[break][break]

"you're about to have the best katsudon of your life."[break][break]

he remembers how wolfgang had made fun of his weird naming conventions for his pokemon. it's about time they know why katsudon is such a great name.[break][break]

while he moves through the kitchen, cooking as efficiently as he would at work—maybe more—he speaks up eventually.[break][break]

"it's too quiet in here. talk to me, wolfy, tell me about your day."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james a { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
379 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:31:50 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"i was worried you'd be cookin' rat meat."

he laughs, subtle and low, at his own joke. it stops when james starts to ask him about his day.

wolfgang was never a talkative person, nor was he someone who was comfortable to tell much about himself. it had been a while since he tried, and it felt awkward trying to force himself to be personable.

"i met a friend at area zero," he tells him. "i think he's 'round your age. nice guy, but you wouldn't like him."

he's trying at least.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:36:03 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

they won't be eating rat meat tonight, at least not while they have paying jobs.[break][break]

"why wouldn't i like him? i'm not that picky when it comes to friends, you know."[break][break]

even though james only has about three friends that are actually friends. the rest are acquaintances at best since he's failed to maintain them, having been too busy with school, then work, then more work.[break][break]

"i'd say you're quite picky about things in general, though. friends included. how many do you have?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
379 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:51:28 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
he tries to list them on his head. only three names appear.

"sh-shut up! quality over quantity, y'know!"

the chair falls flat on the floor, though wolfgang still leans on its backrest. he impatiently waits for the sizzling sound of the frying to appear, but kitchen work is not something james can rush.

"and you're one of 'em. ain't it nice you're one of the special ones?"

even if they weren't stuck to the hip by their job, he surmises he'd probably still like him enough to keep him around. there weren't a lot of people who would tolerate him at his worst after all.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 4:07:03 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he laughs over the sound of the meticulous chopping of vegetables. cooking provides nice asmr for them to listen to in the background.[break][break]

"pretty sure we're only friends because we work together."[break][break]

dumping all of it into the pan, he begins the actual cooking.[break][break]

"would we still hang out if one of us left aeos? and if we didn't live together."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
379 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 4:40:47 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"huh?! you quittin'?"

he makes an impromptu generalization of his words.

he stands up from his seat, creaking the legs of the wooden chair against their floor boards. he turns to james, who was busy in the kitchen, in surprise from the 'revelation'.

"oi, oi. you better not be thinkin' of leavin' me here."

he doesn't answer the question.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 4:43:42 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i did meet with recently..."[break][break]

but that meeting hadn't been a secret; he'd made it known to his colleagues and his boss that the nature of that meeting was purely professional, meant to discuss collaboration of scientific minds for the betterment of hoenn.[break][break]

he doesn't answer the question either.[break][break]

"would you miss me?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
379 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 4:53:50 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
he falls back to his seat, almost slamming himself against the chair, and goes back to teetering on its two back legs.

"no, of course not!"

he crosses both his legs and his arms as he precariously rides the seesaw of their own dining furniture. the impatient kicks hasten with every moment as he ruminates on his thoughts.

eventually, it slows down.

"but i guess i'd still hang out with your sorry ass if you stop by."

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 6:29:45 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"aw, that's sad, because i think i'd miss you."[break][break]

the meat in the pan sizzles as oil seeps into breading, frying it golden brown. somewhere along the way, he cracks eggs and tosses them in there, doing so while somehow scooping rice into bowls for them as well.[break][break]

ever the multitasker, james looks over his shoulder and smiles.[break][break]

"you're still stuck with me, though. aeos needs us."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
379 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 6:45:02 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"you fucker!"

he baited him.

of course this guy wouldn't leave aeos. wolfgang deems him as a person who gets dragged around easily. he wouldn't even try to do anything if someone says otherwise.

"is it done yet?" he demands. "i came here for food, not this!"

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 7:01:25 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"heh."[break][break]

it's usually the other way around with wolfgang dangling bait in front of james and james biting without much thought, too trusting for his own good sometimes, so this change is nice and refreshing.[break][break]

"it's done! chill, don't you know you can't rush perfection?"[break][break]

his food is far from perfect, though. he's yet to reach the same level as his parents.[break][break]

turning the stove off, he plates their food and after dumping the pan in the sink, he quickly washes his hands and returns with their bowls of katsudon.[break][break]

"see? perfect, right?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
379 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 7:10:00 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
wolfgang takes a second to stare at the bowl. it looks as good as james claims it to be, especially when the steam rises up to his face and the smell of freshly fried katsu reaches his nose.

it was enough to calm him down.

"it looks good enough for me," he says in an attempt to prevent himself from feeding into james' ego.

he can't lie and say it wasn't good. all that was left to do was to taste it.

with the provided cutlery, he starts to take a piece and grab a slice. he would have forgotten to blow it off to cool it had he not been stopped from his tantrum.

"the fuck?" he says in surprise with food in his mouth. "how come ya don't cook for us all the time?"

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
gay cyber [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 7:29:45 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

james doesn't have to taste his food to know that it's good; he knows because he'd cooked it with his heart and soul, following his parents' recipe which they still use to this day at their restaurant, except adapted slightly to better fit what he likes.[break][break]

even as he takes a bite, he's sure to keep an eye on wolfgang, watching for their reaction.[break][break]

"how can i cook and supervise you guys at the same time? that's too much work for one person."[break][break]

though not really their superior, he is their senior, so it still counts.[break][break]

"do you like it?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]