caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 7:13:19 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","madsly caden"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
he was a doctor. he had a freaking MD. why the fuck was he doing this?

[break][break] baking treats for the higher-ups. who's idea was it?

[break][break] ugh.

[break][break] this was what he had been reduced to.

[break][break] at least, it was with someone he knew.

[break][break] "i got the stuff," he says, stepping into the lab and lifting his hands to show the grocery bags. "where should i put them?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
affections confections

[newclass=".caden"]--accent:#bfbec4!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/82xrdNj/image.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote b, .madsly blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .madsly blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .madsly blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 21:32:49 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar

"ummm... Over there please!"
[Break][break]
She pointed to the corner counter, forcing up a smile for the rocket as he pushed through into the kitchen they were supposed to share. Truth be told, Dr Maher scared the shit out of her. He was tall, intimidating, and whenever he walked by a flurry of whispers always followed. 
[Break][break]
So when she was told to help him make some sweets for the higher ups, she had almost immediately fainted from shock. 
[Break][break]
Still, she had to persevere! 
[Break][break]
"Thank you by the way. For getting the ingredients, I mean. I really appreciate it!"

[/div]
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
leave the money on the table.
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 21:56:40 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
obediently, he sets the plastic bags on the counter. inside are a few classic ingredients: flour, salt, yeast, baking powder.

[break][break] "it's all good," he says casually, lips twisting into a smirk. "anything for you, rory."

[break][break] he begins pulling out the ingredients one by one, setting them onto the counter.

[break][break] "what'd you have in mind to make?"

affections confections

[newclass=".madsly"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/82xrdNj/image.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly blockquote b, .madsly blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .madsly blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .madsly blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".madsly .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass="credit"]CREDIT TO MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REERENCED TY <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 22:08:06 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
She was sunshine and he was midnight rain. Together, the two made an odd pair in the kitchen. It reminded her of a recent fanfiction she read involving two-- ah, she was doing it again.

"Chocolate-chip cookies," she chimed. They were her favorite. "Which means I'll need...mm..."

Fingers idly scratched the back of her hair, strains tangling between them.

"The flour, baking soda, and salt."

Because the bowl was already there, prepared in front of her with a matching whisk. Both were pink, of course.

close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 22:26:24 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"and chocolate chips?" he offers, lifting the bag of semi-sweet dark chocolate ghiradelli chips with one hand.

"i think i have some frozen raspberries if you want."

[break][break] he slides over to her, watching over her shoulder as she spills the ingredients into the bowl.

[break][break] "are you a baker?"

[break]

affections confections

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 22:48:17 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
"ah, yes, and those."

Caden's presence often felt like a spider trailing her shoulders. Slow to crawl, every second gave him another opportunity to weave his web. Rory only hoped not to get caught in it.

Experienced hands mixed the ingredients, displaying an eloquence contradictory to the Mechanic's naturally jittery nature. It was clear she felt comfortable behind the wooden spoon and bowl.

"I wouldn't call myself a baker," she laughed, shaking her head. Her white bow nearly slipped from her hair as she did. "I just like making sweets sometimes. Usually, I stick to cupcakes but today felt like a cookie kind of day, y'know?"

close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 22:59:37 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
as mundane as these activities are compared to his ordinary life, caden can't help but be fascinated as he watches her. the whole situation bites him with a bit of irony — at the hospital, he was used to the one doing the work. today, he was her assist.

[break][break] when she laughs, and her bow nearly slips, he offers a light touch to nudge it back into place.

[break][break] "what're your favorite kind of sweets?"

[break][break]

affections confections

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 5:32:32 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar

His light touch goes unnoticed. Probably for the best. 

"Hmmm!"

Dropping the wooden spoon into the bowl, Rory propped her hands onto her hips, eyebrows furrowing in thought. Cookies were by far her favorite, but there had to be more, right?

"I like chocolate treats, but only if it's balanced right. Likeee chocolate chip cookies, or a chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing. I like cake, too, but I always mess up when I try baking those."

She glanced over at him. 

"What about you?"

[/div]
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 7:03:18 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"i don't like chocolates that are too bitter," he says, as he watches her stir around the mixture. instead, he busies himself with taking the rest of the ingredients out of the bag and also pulling out a tray to pre-spray it.

[break][break] "i prefer cupcakes to cookies to be honest."

[break][break] his head tilts towards her.

[break][break] "have you tried chocolate cream eclairs?"

[break][break]

affections confections

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 21:04:36 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
She shook her head lightly.

"Honestly, I've always wanted to! But, somehow, I always end up getting another cupcake or cookie or whatever."

A soft giggle trickled out. The mixture was looking near its finishing point, all colors melding into one solid slob of brown. Reaching over, she began plucking out the other ingredients, plopping them into a separate bowl to stir.

"Do you have any suggestions on where I should go? I've been here forever, but I never seem to have much luck with bakeries."
close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 2:11:22 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"i know some good places."

[break][break] he slides over the metal tray over to her, and something to scoop the batter with.

[break][break] "but depends on your budget, and where you live."

[break][break] he places a finger in the batter and scoops it into his mouth to taste it.

[break][break] "i lived in slateport for a while."

[break]

affections confections

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 7:27:58 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
She nodded, listening intently as she continued to mix together the ingredients.

"Where do you live now?"

The question naturally came up, ignoring the obviousness of it all. With his brother revealing their identity to the world, there was only one place left to live. And it wasn't slateport.

When the realization hit, Rory immediately bit into her cheeks. Embarrassment felt like a slap to the face.

"Sorry, bad question."

close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 20:29:09 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"on the sub, mostly. but i have an apartment in lilycove too."

[break][break] most of his days were spent on the sub because he couldn't be trusted to do anything else.

[break][break] he was surprised that hadn't heard of it already. his family's tarnished reputation. or maybe she had, but she was pretending to ignore it.

[break][break] or not.

[break][break] caden blinks with surprise. he didn't think she would've been so brash.

[break][break]"it's fine," he says, lifting his shoulder in a shrug. "it is what it is."

[break][break] close-up, she would be able to see the still-fading bruises on his cheeks. it was a stark contrast to how he normally was - how he used to be before blood stained his hands.

[break][break] "i'm surprised you still want to hang out with me."

[break][break]

affections confections

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 21:43:37 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
She didn't. Whenever her eyes wandered, encircling the patches of color that speckled his face and neck, or heard the short hisses of whispers that trailed his every step, undeniable fear raked her body.

But she knew it wasn't far to him. His brother had been the one to commit the crime, and what, Caden was supposed to be to face it's consequences all on his own?

"Of course," she murmured, trying to stay focus on the mixture in front of her. It was taking on a new shade, indicating it's readiness. "We're friends, aren't we?"

close tab

played by

milky

caden, dr. maher
he/him
september 14th
rustboro
sapiosexual
medicine intern
grunt
awards
316 posts
caden maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @caden
caden maher
MIDNIGHT RAIN [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:41:50 GMT
caden maher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
caden is a good liar. which means that he's good at telling when other people are.

[break][break] but for the moment, he's glad for the lie.

[break][break] it covers him like an old blanket, sheathing him in it's familiarity.

[break][break] "well," he murmurs before flashing her a smile. "thanks. i don't have many friends nowadays."

[break][break] his brothers are gone, his father is dead. he's too guilty to talk to , or even his roommate.

affections confections