awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the assembly line [ee]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 13:30:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was no open secret that he loved baking.

Most of the time—if he wasn’t busy hacking away at an entire supermarket’s worth of frozen sweet treats, he would be churning out macarons for days on end.

Stress baking really did wonders, because how many new flavors of macarons had he put out already? Way too many.

So today… was another day.

Of him, crouching down at the table eye-level, piping out the macaron shells and making sure he got them all right—because while most of these were going to be sent to the higher-ups in the League, well, some of them were staying here.

For personal, private consumption.

(Om nom nom.)

time to see a Bird in their natural habitat

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the assembly line [ee]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 17:48:03 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]The kitchen smelled like sugar. The texture of it was palpable in the air.

Memo pushed in through the front door and shrugged out of his coat, rolling his shoulders. Another long day of patrols and winter weather damage control. But from the smell of it, he wasn’t the only one with a stressful day.

“What’s up, buttercup?” he asked, sniping an already finish macaron from a tray by the fridge.
[attr="class","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the assembly line [ee]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 19:56:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Did you just snipe one of the macarons?” he hummed without looking up, because he was busy frosting new macarons and adding to the pile that were going to be boxed and sold for fundraising.

“Well… I’m making my piece de resistance for—for them,” he continued quietly. “Apparently there’s another fundraising thing and they want bakery things, so… there’s that.”

He continued to add more onto the pile of macarons that were going to be boxed in a neat dozen before being delivered.

“How was work?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
the assembly line [ee]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 15:26:13 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]“No,” he said, shoving the rest of the confection in his mouth and clapping his hands together to be rid of crumbs. “Who is they?” He couldn’t see Alex chugging through so much work uncomplainingly for the League, at present, even if he did love baking.

He steps up behind his boyfriend and winds his arms around his waist, their offset heights making it so Memo can only press his cheek against the warmth in his middle-upper back, just below his shoulder blades.

“Work was work,” he said, voice muffled by the way half his face was smooshed into Alex’s shirt. He was content to just linger there and breathe, subsumed in the warmth and feel and smell of Alex, but he didn't want to be a three-wheeled wagon so he asked, “Can I help?”

[attr="class","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the assembly line [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 22:35:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, miss asked, and… out of everyone up there in that little faraway Evergrande outpost, she’s the nicest one of the lot.”

That was saying something, of course.

“You think I’d readily agree to this if it was them, or her?” he continued with a pointed eyebrow wiggle. Of course he wouldn’t.

Just for shit and giggles, he took the latest macaron and literally inhaled it in one go.

“Mm. I should really work on a new flavor…” he said around the mouthful of macaron. “Frog, what kind’a new flavors do you wanna see with my macarons?”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights