Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
Inheriting the Mantle [S]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 5:41:13 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

It's just another day in the coffee shop. Or well, it should be, anyways. Genevieve finds herself on a day off, mindlessly enjoying the atmosphere of the place. Next to her are two of her babies... well, one baby, and then the Aron.[break][break]

Begotten from the icelands where Kyurem supposedly wreaked havoc, on her reconassance outing, Genny had found the little girl in the wilds. A lot of Pokemon were to be found there this winter, let alone in the desert too. But the Aron was... to put it bluntly, not fitting in well. Maybe it was that Genny wasn't giving her the attention she needed, or maybe it was a general lack of meshing together, but as she sips her coffee, the little scrap of iron would just stare listlessly ahead. Serenity (her Eevee) found it odd, but she tried making small talk as only Pokemon could.[break][break]

... like talking to a brick wall though, the Aron didn't seem to speak back.[break][break]

Rubbing her cheek, she considers her options. "I don't want to put her up for adoption... hm..." the smell of coffee fills her nose, and pastries like the little strawberry tart on her plate. She dug into it, and peered back to them. Not a fan of sweet things?[break][break]

That's no good. She leans back, rubbing at her cardigan sleeve. She wanted to save Pokemon, but... it was harder than it looked after the fact! [break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- Coffee shop! Genny is having trouble with the little Aron caught with Lars.[break]
- Please help![break]

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 14:57:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was never much of a coffee guy, if he was being honest. Everyone always said the bean water was an acquired taste, but why bother with that when you could just drink something you liked? If he wanted to indulge in stockholm syndrome, he'd just go to 's place.[break][break]

Still, "cafe" often meant "pretty tasty sandwich and pastry place," and that checked off two of the major boxes on Isaac's food pyramid. Why not indulge a little? Besides, his team had worked up quite an appetite after their latest training session. Wyrm the Appletun placidly perused the pie platters from his perch on Isaac's shoulders, while Alfred the Sinistea made sure Carmen the Fuecoco and Megalon the Heracross didn't go apeshit on the sweet and savory sampler platters.[break][break]

It was an eclectic batch, but they were far from the only trainer and Pokemon batch in the cafe. A familiar shock of orange hair stuck out from the surrounding area, and Isaac peeked over he noticed it was good ol' Genevieve. She looked deep in focus. Was this another one of her research projects in motion? No, no. This was less science focus and more stress focus. Dating an engineer made it all too obvious to Isaac which was which.[break][break]

Maybe he'd check in. Approaching her table with a bag of pastries in hand and his team at his heels, Isaac put his free hand on the back of an empty chair to show his entrance. "Hey there, Gen. This seat taken?" he asked, tone light and breezy.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 21:39:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

With a look of approval towards the Aron, she attempted to reach a hand out to pet it. But all it feels upon her hand is cold. There's no returning movement from her to Genny, it's like she's closed off. Adoption was off the table, but ususally her Pokemon fed into her energy. Mr. Business went with her chaotic ideas, Serenity was a puffball and often grounded her, and Bubbles was the baby. Let alone Dr. Rhythm's chill demeanor.[break][break]

As she retracts her hand, quizzical in thought, who else to help pull in a little sun but the everloving Isaac, pastries in hand, and Pokemon at his call. Genny cheers up immensely, and turns her hazel eyes. "Oh, hey Isaac! Yeah, sit down!" Bright and sunny, and it comes back to her like that, with the light of the sun moving around her.[break][break]

What surprises her most of all, is that the little Aron beside of her peers up to look at Isaac, and begins to move on the table, closer. For Genny, that was the most reaction she had gotten, period. Her hazel eyes peer over, as she tilts her head, a finger to her bottom lip.[break][break]

She turns to Isaac. "Huh. That's the most reaction I've gotten out of her all day."[break][break]

Even Genny's Eevee was staring. As the little Eevee looked over the Appletun, the Sinistea, the Fuecoco, and the Heracross, she would wave to each of them, one by one, a mew to each and every one of them.[break][break]

"How has life been for you? Things have been pretty crazy lately." she asks, rubbing the back of her head, only to begin pulling out a scrunchie from her purse to tie her hair into a ponytail.[break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- Genny accepts Isaac's company! Serenity the Eevee waves to the Pokemon![break]
- The Aron is responding to Isaac, less so to Genny or Serenity.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 3:46:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Genevieve was eager to have Isaac join her for the day. Perhaps . . . too eager? Eh, nah. It was probably just her being a ray of sunshine. The girl had that hapless cheerfulness to her, where everything could go wrong and she'd still face life with an eager smile. Good times, bad times, even neutral times, she seemed like she gave them all her 100%.[break][break]

She wasn't the only one to take a turn for the sunny. As Isaac sat down, he noticed the Pokemon sitting by her side. It was an Aron. And, as if reacting to his mere presence, it started crawling across the table.[break][break]

Isaac felt his heartbeat accelerate. Surely it was a coincidence. Any old person sitting down would've probably gotten the Aron's attention. Maybe it was just friendly around strangers, or excited by novelty. Maybe it just wanted the food he had in his bag. Yeah. Yeah, all of that was probably it. Nice, easy, rational explanations.[break][break]

He couldn't let himself entertain the idea of being shown sudden, unconditional love from a member of Kiryu's species.[break][break]

Isaac's Pokemon, oblivious to his raging internal dilemma, simply greeted Serenity back. Megalon waved excitedly, Alfred having to snatch the bag he was carrying to prevent its contents from spilling everywhere. Carmen rasped cheerfully, a spitting image of the Fuecoco that Genevieve had previously studied. Wyrm sleepily craned an eye up, peering at the Eevee and smiling, before letting its eye droop back down over its snout.[break][break]

"Crazy's been in season lately," Isaac mused, shooting Genevieve a tired smile. "Feels like it's easier to list off the people whose lives aren't going nuts lately. But, hey. As far as crazy lives go, mine hasn't been half bad. What's been so crazy on your end?"[break][break]

Perhaps the Aron that was toddling across the table was an example. Most of their bodies were surrounded by a hard shell, but the helmet and the body had two discrete sets of plating. Isaac reached for the space between the two platings, giving the Aron's rocky body a gentle scratch.[break][break]

"New Pokemon being shy on you, eh? Trust me, I've been there," Isaac commiserated.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 9:56:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Maybe it was instinct that Genny would see that Isaac was almost uncomfortable. Her demeanor darkens, as she rolls her shoulder. Sore. Even as Serenity gets the excitement back from some, while others seemed too busy, she almost pulls the Aron back.[break][break]

Until she realizes that it is one-hundred and thirty-two pounds of steel, and was peering at Isaac knowingly.[break][break]

Genny decides not to have to pay for a table scratch mark, instead pushing that feeling back as the Aron moves towards the end of the table. The redhead can't help but notice how its eyeing him like this. Kinship? She can't help but smile, the idea in her mind. She can't trouble him.[break][break]

"Well. Aside from busy work, an expedition with my boyfriend, best friend and best friend's boyfriend led to my boyfriend being bodynapped by a huge jellyfish, and-" she undoes the top button on her cardigan, and shows a rather big bandage around her neck. "-my Darmanitan-"[break][break]

Serenity immediately sees the tears on her face begin to fall and hit the table, the redhead feeling at her eyes with manicured hands. Isaac had become a lot blurrier. Was she crying? She was grieving. Her makeup runs a little, and she pulls a napkin from the dispenser nearby, as she finally allowed herself to feel the magnitude of what happened. How everything just came together into the perfect hellstorm. Everything hurts right now.[break][break]

"Sorry. I had him since he was a Darumaka. It still doesn't feel real." She apologizes. Not knowing that that pain was reflected like a mirror months back.[break][break]

Palette cleanser. "This little one I saved a while back in those icelands. I was with a coworker. I was on a recon mission since I didn't attend Mt. Pyre, a search and rescue for all in need. Most are receptive. She... isn't?" She doesn't pet the Aron, the Aron watches Isaac quietly still, closing her eyes. She... enjoys his presence.[break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- Genny almost pulls the Aron back. Decides against it.[break]
- She's breaking down from the events of her Expedition. Her makeup is running a little.[break]
-- Isaac can probably relate.
--- She talks about how she got the Aron.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 17:57:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The glimmer in the Aron's eye was indescribable. Isaac felt like he was being lowered under a microscope. Why here? Why now? Why like this? The more he met its gaze, the more he could feel familiarity in those eyes. Kiryu may have been far more grown, in age and stage alike, but nothing changed those placid blue eyes.[break][break]

He had hoped to find her in the Border. Even when he hadn't, he still returned to leave fresh flowers by her grave.[break][break]

Such a pity it was that his grief was no longer his own. Genevieve mentioned another expedition gone wrong, a body snatching similar to 's yet oh so different. A giant jellyfish. Nihilego, the bearer of shadows. Isaac shuddered as he remembered the pain had described to him, and the agony of a loved one having to endure its machinations.[break][break]

At least all ended well on that slip between realities. Genevieve spoke. And then she cried. And then she sobbed into her hands, explaining that the Darmanitan she had raised from youth was no longer with her. Isaac's heart sank. She was such a sweetheart, and life had put her through horrendous pain twice in a single night.[break][break]

He tried to speak, but his own grief tore at his throat. He hadn't raised Kiryu from her youth. She belonged to a man he refused to call father, long before he was even born. She'd known him since he was a baby. To lose her Darmanitan was like if Isaac had died while Kiryu was helpless to intervene.[break][break]

In that moment, Isaac understood why Kiryu made her choice. But that didn't make it hurt any less.[break][break]

"I get it," Isaac finally admitted, voice small. "I've been there. It was months ago, got more closure than I ever thought, and it still doesn't feel real. I . . . sometimes, I don't think it ever will."[break][break]

"But maybe that's okay. Maybe we're not meant to "me strong" and push it all away. It's okay to hurt. It speaks volumes to how much you love him." He dared not use the past tense. Even when a loved one died, that love lived on. "I know you made his life special, beyond compare. And I don't have a doubt in my mind that he was proud to be yours."[break][break]

Hypocrite that he was, he tried to fight the hitching in his own voice. He had to be strong. He had to be her rock. His time for grieving could come later, because hers was still raw and painful beyond belief.[break][break]

"It was good of you to save that Aron," Isaac finally said, a soft smile on his face. "Maybe she's still a little shell-shocked? The Icelands are still so new and so dangerous. It's a big adjustment for a lot of Pokemon." Clearly, that was it. And his own presence, even as he gently scratched and fussed over the Aron, didn't play a role. It was some big coincidence, that's all.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 18:37:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

It doesn't feel real. She had been repressing it. She remembers why she came here on her first given day of paid time off; a distraction. The Aron was a distraction. Serenity came because of her own worry. Genevieve wasn't allowing it to get to her. Her heroes, and were strong in the face of it all, right? She would need to be too.[break][break]

Yet when Isaac said it was okay, the moment the wall breaks down, the crying truly begins. The face she made was one of torment. Hazel eyes continued to pool tears far more than they should have. Sobbing in the midst of the little cafe coffee shop. Serenity was at her side immediately, yet all she could do was bawl, and let it all flood out of her. Mr. Business was with her for so long. Since a little Darumaka, hopping around on Christmas Day, bouncing with such life and energy. Genny remembers holding him in bed when she was just ten years old. Like a Teddiursa plushie she had when she was even younger. The warmth. The excitable noises every morning.[break][break]

It all comes out.[break][break]

The Aron sees more than she can even imply, the little iron beast just quietly hopping off the table and in the cushioning next to Isaac. She knows she cannot be there for Genny; even though Genny was her rightful trainer. The Eevee that mewed next to her, she knew how. Aron did not know how to approach a person like her. But this person, this boy speaks from experience. The Aron appreciated that. She found intrigue.[break][break]

It's about five, six minutes. Genny's composure shakily returns. It's nowhere near restored though.[break][break]

She looks towards the Aron, as Serenity is licking at the tears, and she looks at how the Aron stares at Isaac. Sniffling, wiping at her eyes, she smiles. Her makeup really is running now. "Huh. She likes you." Hazel eyes forward now, as she holds Serenity like her emotional support Pokemon, never once letting her leave, she eyes him.[break][break]

"I'm... not sure if I'm equipped to handle her. Could I ask you... maybe-" She shuffles in place.[break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- Tries to be strong; she cannot. She lets it out once Isaac speaks.[break]
-- Aron is moving towards Isaac.[break]
--- Genny finishes crying, and is about to ask him a request.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 5:47:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Seeing Genny cry like this was agonizing. And yet, Isaac could only imagine how much worse it felt for her to bottle it up inside.[break][break]

Isaac was glad that she was a better, stronger person than he was. When Kiryu died, something broke inside of Isaac. He stood there in stunned disbelief, even as a sniper trained his gun on him. He ran in a desperate escape from a fight that he and Ash had somehow won. He prepared to scale Mt. Pyre's peak on a suicide charge, half to hurt the League how he hurt him and half to die by her side.[break][break]

Yet here Genny was, all iron until she was all tears. He wished that he could be as strong as her. He approached her, calmly and gently, to hug her as she worked her tears out. Grief, while personal in the end, was always such a heavy burden. Sometimes, all someone needed was to have that burden shared as they processed it. He didn't dare interrupt her thoughts with words. Instead, he simply let her remember, let her feel, let her be.[break][break]

He remembered seeing Kiryu for the first time. A rock type among a ground specialist's ranks, she was always the odd one out. Maybe that was why Isaac was drawn to her. Or maybe it was because she was huge, and shiny, and badass. Like a knight and a dragon from a bedtime story, rolled into one.[break][break]

He remembered her flustered attempts at keeping his rambunctious ass out of trouble. He remembered falls and scrapes, flights and frights, all sorts of chaos he kicked up in his wake. And somehow, they always laughed.[break][break]

He remembered how worried she was the one time she couldn't be there for him, when he and snuck out to catch a Pokemon on their own and the worst happened. He remembered promising he'd never worry her like that again, and he hated how it became a lie.[break][break]

He remembered how, when he ran away from home, she chose to run away with him. He wished he could have given her a better life than a teenage runaway burnout's tagalong. And yet, they had so many precious moments together, didn't they?[break][break]

He remembered the triumphs and the trials. The smiles and the tears. The clouds and their silver linings.[break][break]

He remembered her last moments; those rasping breaths he still heard in his nightmares, the placid smile on her face as he buried her, and how even her spirit refused to leave his side.[break][break]

He wasn't alone in his comfort. Megalon threw his arms around them, perhaps a bit too jovially even if his heart was in the right place. Wyrm waddled up and nestled her head against Genny's hand, with Carmen waddling up to clumsily faceplant into her in turn. Alfred refilled her drink, free of charge.[break][break]

When Genny was ready to part, and he returned to his seat, he was startled to find that the Aron had snatched it on him. She really was drawn to him, wasn't she? It was strange. It was worrying. Isaac was terrified that this one, too, would only end up hurt, lost, disappointed.[break][break]

Kiryu never was disappointed, though. Not for a moment. Not even when he deserved it.[break][break]

Genny's suggestion confirmed what Isaac feared. Her words hit him like a ton of bricks. While placid on the outside, on the inside he felt like he was drowning. "I . . ." he stammered, looking from his team, to Genny, to the Aron, to the window, to the wall, to his reflection in his tea, to everything and nothing all at once.[break][break]

Finally, his gaze settled on the Aron. "What do you think, buddy? Would you like that?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 19:08:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Trying to calm herself down, the moment Isaac pulls her into that hug, she has to work out her tears, her frustration. It's not that she wants to; quite the contrary, she'd rather remain tough and strong. But being alone as long as she had been, without Elio, left her in this state. She was strong, she knew that, but right now, she felt helpless. Tears keep flowing down her face.[break][break]

When the Pokemon swarm around them too, Serenity nestled in, the Heracross hug, the Appletun nestle, the Fuecoco faceplant. All of it, Serenity would be sure to be int he center. Genny was broken-hearted. It needed time to mend.[break][break]

By time the comforting ended, the Aron had been waiting. She stares at him with those blue eyes, awaiting an answer to a question that Genny had asked. It was an almost immediate attachment, like a puzzle piece that found its way to the puzzle, fitting exactly where it needed to, and yet his hesitation provides more questions. But Genny, after hearing what he said earlier, asks.[break][break]

"You've been grieving too. I'm sorry." She wipes at her eyes. She can tell that Isaac was having issues with the idea, but even still, even if he's looking at everything else, she can't help but know that the Aron is looking at him. "Here." She places the Pokeball on the table. And provided a choice.[break][break]

"She's yours, if you'll have her. But if you don't... feel free to put her away. I'll find some way to bond with her. Didn't mean to stir memories." She's apologetic. At first.[break][break]

The Aron almost looks pleadingly at Isaac, as the little metal quadraped pushes her head on Isaac's leg. She closes her eyes.[break][break]

The Aron is already home.[break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- More crying.[break]
-- Genny gives Isaac a choice. Return the Aron, or take the ball.[break]
--- The Aron pushes into Isaac's leg. She is home already.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 1:56:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Those big, pleading eyes. The gentle head plop. The comfortable nestle. As much as Isaac had been dreading this, he couldn't find a single word to say in argument. It didn't feel real. It didn't feel right. And yet, here he was, "no" dying in his throat every time he tried to say it.[break][break]

Besides. Kiryu wouldn't want him to turn down a Pokemon in need.[break][break]

Softly, cautiously, Isaac gave the gap between the Aron's armors a scratch. And then he smiled down at her, reaching with his other hand to accept her Pokeball. "Welcome to the team, Neo," Isaac said, voice as fragile as glass and radiant as sunlight. "I just know everyone's gonna love to meet you."[break][break]

He turned to Genevieve, the girl apologizing for any memories she stirred up. "Hey, c'mon. None of that. It's not your fault," he gently chided. "It's just . . . funny, y'know? Not, like. Ha ha funny. But, like, one of those big cosmic coincidences."[break][break]

"Mine was an Aggron."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 20:46:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

It's probably when Isaac states what it was for him, that it hit Genny with a reckoning. It was an Aggron. She turns hazel eyes to the table, and for a moment, she is apologetic. She ponders if she should apologize to Isaac, for opening the wound so much. To embrace the boy as he embraced her earlier to get through Mr. Business.[break][break]

It was natural. Like he knew just where to scratch the Aron, as if he had done it before. The fragility in the voice had her wishing to say it, but...[break][break]

Fate works in ways unseeable by the human eye, and really only Dialga knows how things will go in the future. It leaves a smile upon Genny's lips. Because now... here, and now, in this fated moment where the torch is passed. She finds herself able to smile again.[break][break]

"Tell me about them." She wanted to hear the story of Kiryu.[break][break]

A lot of therapy is in just talking about it. To feign away from it, that was the killer, but to be able to dive in and at least accept it for what it was, that was strength, right? She thinks to Penelope, to Melody, to Annalise, Alec, Josh, Elio. All of them must have lost too. This was natural.[break][break]

"Please." she requests, hazel eyes big, ears ready to listen.[break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit[break]
- She finds strength in this moment, to be able to talk and smile.[break]
- Genny asks Isaac to talk about Kiryu.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 4:16:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac blinked in surprise at the request. He opened his mouth, only to close it when he realized his thoughts were a jumbled, discordant mass that refused to come out. After a few tries, he just flopped back into his chair and laughed wearily. "Where do I even start?" Isaac asked. "I . . . she . . . Arceus, there's no Pokemon in the world like her."[break][break]

"For a giant monster made of rock and steel, standing seven foot at the shoulder, there was never a gentler soul," Isaac started. "I mean, shit. I'm pretty sure she legit held me as a baby way back when."[break][break]

Well, that required explanation! "She was my dad's Pokemon first, though she was more of a household Pokemon than one he took on journeys. That meant I saw her a lot growing up. You could almost call her my nanny." Ruefully, Isaac realized that she did a better job caring for him than his father ever had.[break][break]

"That didn't mean she wasn't a force to be reckoned with, though. The second me or my little sibling were in trouble, hoo boy. Hell hath no fury." He remembered the last time he'd gotten too close to a wild Pokemon, and Kiryu charged from out of literal nowhere to flip it away with a single swing of her head. "She was a protector. Strong, but not brutal. And even after catching and training more Pokemon than I can count, she's always been the superstar of my team."[break][break]

"If I'm being honest, I wish I could be more like her."[break][break]

He let the the regret pass, washing over him like rain on a strong, dark stone. "Things at home were . . . never great, you know? I always figured I'd just. Disappear one day. Get away from there and maybe find my own destiny. But it wasn't a journey I was gonna make alone. Because who else but Kiryu stopped me at the door before I could go?"[break][break]

"It wasn't so she could stop me. It was so she could come with me. And I'm always gonna be thankful for that." Isaac's voice choked up a little at that last part, and tears stung at the corners of his eyes. He held the Aron in his lap that slightest bit closer, feeling the refreshing cool of its metal shell against his arms.[break][break]

"She was more of the leader of my team than I'd ever be. She was my rock whenever I needed one most. She was the inspiration I always set out to meet. Always kind, always supportive, always loyal . . . I was hoping one day, I'd have kids of my own that could meet her, y'know? Have her form a bond as strong as steel with them, just like she did for me."[break][break]

"That can't happen now. But I'm not going to let that ever stop me from carrying her memory forward."[break][break]

After all, it was as unbreakable as the steel that made up her body and heart alike.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 20:26:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Not once, does she interrupt him. Genny listens with interest, quietly enjoying hearing about Kiryu. This wonderful, hard-as-steel, gentle Aggron that once sat as the cornerstone to Isaac's team. How she was like a super mom; maternal figure to take care of him, and his brother.[break][break]

When he chokes up, she finds herself having trouble holding it together, but she doesn't care start again. This was good for Isaac. Talking about it would help, right?[break][break]

So she waits still.[break][break]

An... inspiration... she turns her hazel eyes down to the table. A quiet breath from glossy lips, not a sigh, but a longing she now knew well.[break][break]

That's right...[break][break]

Even as the story saddens her so, the turnaround at the end does inspire hope. And how true it is. She brightens considerably, Genny finally able to stabilize her own heart a little more. Because he was right. He had been inspired; to carry her memory, every day. Something she took to heart.[break][break]

"I'm sure she would be proud of you." The sweet little smile shone through tears trailing down her face, a wobbly smile it may be. As she placed two hands upon his own, and pat it, she let them fall, before moving to get up, Serenity following behind with a mew.[break][break]

Wiping her face and the tears away, her smile doesn't leave. "Thank you for reminding me. It's... not that their deaths are meaningless. It is in death, that gives their lives meaning. Don't you think?" She gestures towards Isaac, bright and sunny now, the metaphorical clouds shining the sunshower through. "She helped you learn how to walk. He taught me too. We have two legs, and we should be happy they gave us that. Right?"[break][break]

Tears continue to prick her eyes, but she doesn't relent, not for a second.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit, MUSE[break]
- It's been a full 46 days since I've written her. Wow, she is wonderful.[break]
- Standing, crying, happy that they were alive at one point. I love this girl.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 15:19:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Thank you."[break][break]

There were no ifs. There were no ands. There were no buts. How could there be in the face of such pure, unconditional kindness? Even if Genny only knew him distantly, and even if Isaac couldn't fully believe in himself, she had all the faith in the world in him. Maybe that was enough.[break][break]

Her thoughts were grim and grey, yet had a warmth to them that no blind postivity ever could. "Their lives gave them meaning, too," he said, more to restate it for himself than for Genevieve. "But their deaths passed that meaning onto us, because we stayed behind to carry it further than they ever could alone."[break][break]

Neo was uncannily similar to Kiryu. However, the true successor to her will may have been Isaac himself.[break][break]

"So stand proud and tall on those two legs, okay, Genny? Show the world what the ones you love, the ones who love you, have given you. Just like how you showed me today."[break][break]

Maybe, just maybe, their smiles would bring back her own.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
638 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 1:09:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Exuberance takes Genny. As Isaac replies with that hope that life having meaning, she can't help but feel the cracks of a smile on her, and she pulls her orange-red hair behind an ear as she nods. Though she is teary-eyed, she won't let it drag her any further down.[break][break]

Mr. Business died to keep them safe, alive, and well. She felt happy to have had him there.[break][break]

Isaac was a good person, really, and she could tell. Her smile widens considerably as he tells her to have pride in that. "I will. And so will you."[break][break]

"Even if some of those memories are sad now, that doesn't mean you can't make more."[break][break]

Looking up at her watch, with Serenity on her shoulder, she startles a little, and turns back to Isaac. "Aw shucks. Sorry to cut this short. I need to go. I've got training drills!" She smiles and gives Isaac a salute. "Take good care of her, okay? Seeyaround!"[break][break]

She's out the door with a goodbye.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit, MUSE[break]
- Continuing to recite good lines, she sees the time and has to go.[break]
- She's off! Feel free to make the last post![break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]