awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 20:40:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“That’s a relief,” he breathed out as the actual Hydreigon bellowed, and charged back into the fray.

“If Chomper knows any other attacks that isn’t Draco Meteor or Fire Fang, now would be a good time to use them!” he added afterward, fingers mentally crossed.

He was well-aware of how much biting strength a Hydreigon had, so it was next to impossible that Chomper didn’t know anything that was neutral against a part-Rock-type Pokémon…

The Metagross bellowed, meeting the incoming burst of fairy energy with an equally-large, rainbow-colored chunk of Psychic energy, throwing as much force as he could muster behind the attack and hopefully providing an opening for Chomper to come in, heads swinging!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 9:09:00 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Did Chomper know any attacks that could hurt fairies? “He sure does!” Andrea beamed in response. The reason she had deactivated her Sygna Suit in the first place was to turn Z-Moves back online. As Diancie was distracted by Ro’s Psychic, a perfect opportunity presented itself.

“Chomper, use VENGEFUL HYDRA!!” The eccentric cosplayer yelled at the top of her lungs. Six new heads made of pure draconic energy burst from the Hydreigon’s sides. Transformed into a true hydra, each of his nine maws bit down on the opponent with power that laughed at the conventional type chart, inflicting super effective damage!
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 14:18:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment the explosion of energy emanated from the Hydreigon, it almost knocked Lars off his feet, however—he could only stare in surprise as the Dragon-type attack actually worked on the Diancie?

What?

He knew better than to ask how that was possible, because rule of cool, however Ro rushed in after Chomper and delivered a high-powered Meteor Mash afterward, the clanging of steel echoing around the cave grossly magnified.

“Now if that doesn’t work, I don’t know what else will!” he exclaimed as he shielded himself against the radiant light the Diancie was emitting after getting two high-powered attacks landing on them…

What were they planning?!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 15:51:43 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The combination of Chomper's Z-Move and Ro's Tough Claws left Mega Diancie heavily beat up, and yet the legendary Pokémon was still standing... err, floating. The Rock-Fairy-type was hunched over, breathing heavily. What would be its next move?

Apparently, it was to revert back to normal, bowing at the two humans and their powerful companions. "I think she's saying that we won. Hooray!" Andrea cheered, running up to Chomper and giving him a big ol' hug. The shiny Hydreigon briefly turned towards the shiny Metagross, nodding respectfully. They had been admirable teammates today, but tomorrow they would once again be rivals.

Soon, the empress of jewels retreated into the depths of the cave with its Carbink retinue in tow. "Goodbye, Diancie! Thanks for the training!" The draconic cosplayer waved, before turning back to Lars. "Should we head out too? Our Pokémon will need to rest after this." She suggested.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 10:54:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He hadn’t told her that there was a headache building up—was it because of him overshooting how many turns Ro was Mega-evolved?

“And in the nick of time, too,” he nodded as he tapped the jewel on the ring and watched as the shining silver beast transformed back into normal. “I think I overdid it, back there.”

At least that was another ‘legendary’ down, though! The only one(s) he hadn’t fought yet were the Tapus, and supposedly…

“…do you know how many more Legendary Pokémon you haven’t fought yet? At least, the ones that the League allows access to?” he asked her a few moments later.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 11:09:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
At Lars’ inquiry, the girl hummed in deep thought. “Hmmm, let’s see… We’ve fought Diancie, Tapu Koko, Heatran, and while we didn’t fight Jirachi, we did help them train.” She replied, counting with each of her fingers (which were not visible thanks to her Hydreigon costume).

“Are there any others?” Andrea stared cluelessly at the head ranger. She truly didn’t know.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 11:17:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Was he remembering wrong…?

Wait, no—he wasn’t.

“Hm, are you down with repeating? I haven’t visited the Tapu nor Jirachi. I’ve had the misfortune of fighting Heatran, which obviously isn’t good considering my… you know, thing. Patron deity and all that doesn’t like the heat.”

Boy would his friend get a kick out of Jirachi, though, considering that he wasn’t around the time that particular legendary Pokémon had been sighted.

“Kind of makes you wonder, though. How come these particular legendary Pokémon haven’t chosen any human champions. Maybe they don’t want any…?”

Unless…

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 11:55:44 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Repeating? Was Chomper truly ready to have his ass handed to him by the Alolan deity of thunder a second time? Andrea frowned at that thought. “I’m not sure if we’re ready to face Tapu Koko again. Seeing how much stronger Jirachi has grown might be fun, though.” She mused.

Lars asked another thought-provoking question, namely why those legendaries had yet to choose an avatar. The young woman hummed once again. “Hmmm, I dunno… How do avatars work anyway? I mean, it seems to happen at random.”

Pokémon were fickle creatures. Her friend had been searching for Raikou his entire life, and yet the Johto beast hadn’t so much as shown itself to him.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 13:04:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Sometimes, it happens randomly—like… like in my case.”

He… was it really and truly random at that point?

“Are you up to listen to another tale?” he asked her, leaning on one side of the exhausted Metagross’s legs. “I can tell you all about it—just not in here, what if they come running back out again?”

By ‘they’ he meant Diancie.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Goddess in the Cave [M]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 3:46:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: