awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Doomsday Prep (M)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 20:55:26 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The distinct sound of mechanical movement could be heard across Oscar's lab. It was light with a noticeable pattern, like an rc car moving back and forth to the tune of a song. Oscar would probably rather be doing something like that right about now, because his current task was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

For the past two hours Oscar had been calibrating the chunk of wires and metal that looked vaguely like a human arm. Wired rings attached to his fingers and wrist allowed him to control the 'arm' from afar, and he has been tweaking the arm's functionality by slowly making a fist over and over again. It was not exciting work, and sometimes the arm would get stuck so Oscar would have to painstakingly reset it so that the calibration could continue. It was painfully dull work.

He was nearly finished though. The arm was connected to a nearby laptop that displayed every movement Oscar had performed so far. This would act as a sort of nerve center down the line, allowing Oscar to hopefully make the arm move without needing the wired rings. He was greatly looking forward to that, as he was very tired of having to pry the robotic hand open when it seized up--which just happened again and he was ABOUT TO LOSE HIS MIND!

Fuck it, Oscar pulled out his phone and if she knew anyone that would be willing to help him in the labs today. Apparently, one would be sent over shortly.

close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
Doomsday Prep (M)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 2:50:30 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
Having received the order to visit one of the Head Scientists, Oliver would immediately begin to head over to the mans laboratory. From what he had understood about Oscar, he had been the current Head Scientist of Engineering and a former Rocket Beast. Truly a man that Olliver had revered. The rank of Head Scientist.. It wasn't one that could be easily obtained. Especially not for someone as lowly as Olliver himself.
[break]
After a few minutes of rushing through the halls, with his Indeedee by his side, Olliver would inevitably find himself outside of the mans door. "Alright, Indeedee.. Let's hope that this goes well." Olliver would then proceed to knock on the door before proceeding into the room.
[break]
As he had rounded the corner of the door, Olliver's eyes would begin to survey the area. In addition to Oscar, whom had already been a rather key thing within his focus, Olliver would take note of the machinery that had resembled a human arm. "Oh?" A brief moment would pass as Olliver's gaze had centered on the arm. Once that moment had come to an end though, he would immediately turn his attention towards Oscar.
[break]
"Apologies for the delay, Mr. Clayton. I had to wrap a few things up before making my way here. Might I ask why it is that you called for me..?" Every now and then, Olliver's gaze would flit towards the machinery and then back towards Oscar. "Is it, perhaps, for my extensive knowledge on the Biology and Physiology of both humans and Pokemon?"
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Doomsday Prep (M)
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 16:13:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar did not hear the knock since he was struggling to loosen the mechanical hand's vice grip. He thought to himself that this will be very useful once in the hands of , but for now it was just a huge pain in his ass. When his assistant for the day appeared, Oscar looked up and smiled. "Hey there! You must be Olliver."

The man apologized for his lateness, to which Oscar just waved his hand. Then Olliver wondered why Oscar had called upon him, and Oscar just nodded enthusiastically at the suggested reasoning. "That's right! I asked Miss Flint if she knew a talented biologist, so they sent you! Nice to be recognized for your talent, right?"

Oscar gently grasped part of the mechanical fist, "I am working on cybernetic prosthetics for the human body. Neat right? I don't know shit about anatomy though, I'm kinda just using my robotics knowledge to make something resembling a human arm." Oscar's grasp turned into a firm grip, "Before we can do anything you're good at though, I need help opening up this fist. Grab the other half of the hand and pull, don't be afraid to get rough with it."