celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 4:51:21 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]not destroying this place?

the spiderwebbing of the walls and the groaning fissures would say otherwise!

and she's torn between irritation and confusion, existing in an odd sense of panicked whiplash. one emotion to the next. she isn't sure which one she'll land on fully.

"okay, nope, you're lying!"

it comes out half shrill toward the end as his ralts settles a hand on her shoulder and the world seems to warp around them. space distorts, time goes all wobbly, and she feels like she's going to hurl by the time everything rights itself.

the eggs in her grip are, surprisingly, safe and sound throughout this process despite being clutched so tightly to her chest she was certain they'd burst.

and as she feels sense rush back into her mind, she's spinning on her heel with an accusatory stare.

"what the hell was that?"

she had trusted him and she hopes -- no, prays -- it is not another mistake on her part.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 5:03:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"That was two hikers falling in a sinkhole they didn't know existed, and getting out just before the tunnels it lead to collapsed in on themselves." Isaac rattled that alibi off with such conviction that it almost sounded like the truth. Perhaps, to some extent, it was.[break][break]

Echo, seemingly taken Giada's side, turned to Isaac and puffed out his cheeks. He stared from beneath his bangs, arms folded. As an empath (and someone with functioning ears), it was clear to him that she'd had her fill of cryptic nonsense for the day.[break][break]

Relenting, Isaac sighed, setting the backpack slung along his shoulders onto the ground. "This bunker wasn't like the others," Isaac admitted. "This isn't some rich asshole trying to become the king of the ashes, or some doomsday nut trying to live out his Mad Max fantasies. This was just . . . some scared girl, trying to survive the only way she knew how."[break][break]

"I know how that feels all too well."[break][break]

He looked towards the ruins of what was once a secret base, now little more than a sunken-in pile of dirt and ash. "I destroyed some old furniture and soup cans. But I did it to save what was important; the heart. The memories. The life." The eggs, now warmly tucked in Isaac and Gia's arms, would seem to gently stir. It was as if they knew they were no longer alone.[break][break]

"If I didn't so something, if that base was still usable, if it could be traced back to her in any way . . ." He knew the answer, but he refused to speak it into existence.[break][break]

"I made it a moot point. And now she can be safe."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 5:12:08 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]strength in numbers makes her feel vindicated, as if she's justified in the irritation creeping up.

at least, she was...

until he explains and a quiet sort of understanding overtakes whatever emotions she still has in her bones.

it leaves her sheepish, a little guilty, and mostly apologetic.

"sorry, i--"

she stops, clears her throat with a light, awkward cough, and continues.

"i didn't know that's what you were doing."

not like he told her anyway, but water under the bridge.

against her chest, the eggs stir slightly. her eyes dart down, a smile quickly creeping up.

"what will you tell the higher ups?"

even referring to them as such feels wrong now, like still simmering ashes burning her throat into nothing.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 13:22:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'll tell them exactly what I told you," Isaac said. "The base was too run down to hold up, and when we tried to investigate it collapsed on top of us. It's far easier to lie when you're mostly telling the truth."[break][break]

Perhaps, even without the little show he put on, Rocket would have deemed the base too unsound to pursue. However, Isaac didn't want to risk them taking a chance on it anyway. This was the same Rocket that would kill a hundred Pokemon and destroy another's brain just to infuse it with unlimited power. They were ruthless in how they seized every potential advantage. There was no risk too great in their eyes.[break][break]

That said, it was now his turn to be confused. "Wait. You didn't know? I figured we were on the same page on this one once you started helping me pack." He blinked a few times, pondering. "Didn't I tell you?"[break][break]

Echo let out a huffy sound. Isaac went over their conversation in his head, only to sigh in frustration. No matter how hard he retraced his steps, the footprints didn't line up.[break][break]

He reached up to take off his mask. Without the shadows and contours is traced along his face, his features were far softer and more innocent. They were a stark contrast to the jagged scar running down the side of his face, tucked beneath a patch-covered eye. This, too, was a stark contrast to the bashful blush dusted across his cheeks.[break][break]

"Sorry about that. Guess I was a little stuck in my head down there, huh?" His admission was light, casual, night and day from the strained voice and cryptic warnings he'd given down below. "It's like I was scared if I said what could happen, I'd give it power, y'know?"[break][break]

He looked at the ruins, then the backpacks full of memories, then the eggs. His bashful grimace eased into a soft smile.[break][break]

"Boy, am I glad to be wrong."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights