celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 1:38:24 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]this is a mistake.

she knows it, feels it, but she still agrees to the offered task. she's supposed to be leaving. she should have been gone already.

and yet, the pressure to keep up the appearance is still there. it feels like a red target on her back. one wrong move and she's another body in the ground.

her partner for this lockbox scouting is a guy she doesn't quite recognize.

well, that's not true... she feels like she's seen him in passing at least.

and she doesn't say a word to him regardless. she doesn't trust herself to say anything.

instead, she simply... waits for him to direct her. a puppet on strings, slowly cutting herself free while dancing to the same tune that drove her over the edge.

it's sickening now, she realizes. she misses the comfort of home, of 's loaned apartment and all of the plush blankets she stole.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 1:56:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Damnit. It was so much easier when Isaac had someone to bounce off of.[break][break]

, who directed their operation efficiently enough that Isaac didn't have to think twice about what was going on. , who he absolutely bro'd it up with while they were fighting for their lives against a rogue Mega Metagross. Even that guy he bumped into in Mauville, whose brain he picked during their scuffle so it wouldn't be such a lonely task. When another's words were in his ears, there was less room for his brain to fill the void.[break][break]

And boy, did his brain find plenty of things he'd rather not consider to fill the void with.[break][break]

Some Rockets treated it light and casual, as if it was a job like any other. Others swallowed down their worries and tried their best to deal with the hand they'd been dealt. The particularly loyal just stoically marched onward, their focus solely on the glory of Rocket. And then there were the ones who took a sadistic glee in what they were doing.[break][break]

Isaac's partner today was none of these. Her silence seemed less focused and more discomforting, their journey to Route 113 spent in an almost eerie quiet.[break][break]

"Alright," he said, his voice gentle as he tried to pry open the metaphorical door between them. "Brief said this place is hidden among the ash. We're probably looking for a needle in a haystack, but that's just how it goes sometimes."[break][break]

"Got any idea where we should start looking?"[break][break]

His question was a perfectly ordinary on-the-job ask. However, rather than try to take control of this mission, he instead passed the reins to his partner. Was he shirking his responsibility? Was he just trying to get her involved?[break][break]

Or was he hoping to study her reaction and learn just what was keeping her so quiet?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 2:20:22 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]her silence persists even after he asks a question of her, after he fills spaces with words and syllables and concepts.

she has to blink life back into the eyes. the sound of strings pulling too tightly echoes in her ears as her head turns.

"um, no."

not a single clue.

"what did the brief say again?"

she missed that part and the part after... all of it, in a way. it went into her ears, sure, but nothing stuck.

and beneath confusion lies a secret prayer sent to whatever or whoever above that her partner might just get frustrated enough to go on without her. it'd save her the misery of having to play along, of having to fake loyalty and dedication and everything that makes her want to throw up at his feet.

she knows, though, that she's not that lucky. if she was, she wouldn't be here in the first place.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 2:33:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Unfortunately for Gia, she was among one of Rocket's most patient and understanding. He grinned a little, a misguided attempt at reassurance.[break][break]

"Hey, don't sweat it. Those things can be like watching paint dry sometimes," he said. It didn't help that every single one of these started and ended the same way. Yes, bunkers had been set up in preparation for Meteno. Yes, their job would entail espionage and strong observational skills. Yes, this was all for the glory of Rocket.[break][break]

's report flashed before Isaac. So, too, did Caleb's warning. Funny way of defining glory, but you sure wouldn't know it from how Rocket kept yammering on about it.[break][break]

Maybe when he sarcastically called the insistence on that phrase some "cult shit", he was onto something.[break][break]

"Well, lemme cut all the junk out and give it to you straight," Isaac said. "This bunker's been dug out some kinda naturalist. Made their mark close to the cliffsides, where the ash from Mt. Chimney's bound to cover up any sign they've been meddling. We don't know how much they've tunneled out, or what kinda stuff they've left behind. But that part's for us to find out, it seems."[break][break]

It was fine. This was breaking and entering, some light theft, urban exploration. You know, all the cool, sexy crimes. There were some nefarious wrongs being committed by the rest of Rocket, but their hands were as clean as they could be with where they stood. He just had to Not let himself think about the ends these bases would be used for, or how they'd be claimed.[break][break]

If they didn't, someone else would, right? And if they didn't take jobs like this, they'd have to take other, uglier jobs there'd be no coming back from. This was the closest they could come to keeping their heads above water as they were dragged into the abyss.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 2:55:35 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]yep, not lucky. damn.

she listens, nods where one normally would when paying attention, and tries to focus on what their job is today.

it's difficult. even with an easy, non-lethal task, all she thinks of is several phrases of profanity and how much she absolutely does not want to do this.

she has to push through. she has to brave it.

it'll be over soon... won't it?

"seems easy enough."

up her alley, too. thieving has been all she's known for as long as she can remember.

faintly, suddenly, the urge to know something, anything else, looks to choke her.

"should we just, uh, wait until we see activity?"

does she want to be idle, though? it leaves room for talking and talking leaves room for spilling her guts out to anyone willing to listen for longer than five minutes.

"or should we dig?"

better, perhaps.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 3:25:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Shouldn't be any activity, luckily," Isaac said. "Turns out when there isn't a meteor trying to squash us all flat, people lose interest in spending their time holed up in a bunker."[break][break]

A weary smile spread across Isaac's face. "You'd think they'd keep it around for when the next dozen end times happen, instead of just leaving 'em to rot." Clearly, Isaac was not very optimistic about the current state of affairs over in Hoenn. But who could be, when you could not longer count the number of existential threats to their region on one hand?[break][break]

"Bad news is we're gonna have to dig. But the good news is we don't need to dig blindly. They picked a spot where the ashfall is heavy, right? So that means we can rule out anywhere right nearby." Isaac turned his eyes to the burnt orange cliffsides, the areas where Mt. Chimney touched the route. "If we find where the thickest piles of ash are, and find a thinner sport in the middle of them, we should have a pretty good in."[break][break]

"Maybe we should go further from the treeline? Less trees means less Pokemon, and less that could disturb their hiding spot. Least, that's what I'd be thinking if it were me."[break][break]

It was an interesting approach. It was as if Isaac was trying to disturb as little of the region as he possibly could as he got to work. He wondered if, in her own endeavors, Giada strove for the same.[break][break]

If only he knew how deep those plans ran.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 3:53:33 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]her plans are not, in fact, for the good of the region.

they are for the good of herself, selfishly concocted out of a plethora of emotions. fear, self-loathing, and a loneliness she can't ever seem to shake out of her bones.

"okay. just dig through piles of ash until you find something, right?"

she doesn't debate nor pretend to know what she's doing. this is simple. this is clockwork. this is going by painfully slow.

the strings feel a little too slack. without a puppeteer, she flounders. the control must be replaced, not taken up by her own hands... for she would ruin her chances of getting out otherwise.

"lead the way, i'll follow."

away from the trees, away from the pokemon, means venturing out into the open.

will it make her a sitting duck?

can you feel the target imbedding into your skin?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 4:10:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"We might as well," Isaac said with a shrug. "Normally I'd worry about traps. But I figure by now, anything that's been buried under ash for half a year's gonna be way too broken down to work." Even the simplest traps would get worn down from being in such poor condition, surely. Hell, if they were lucky, the door leading to the base would be as well.[break][break]

He reached into his backpack, taking out a pair of shovels and offering one Giada's way. "Figure these should be enough to do the job. Though if we have any trouble, I brought a few diggers in case." He tapped the trusted Pokeballs he had lined up along his belt. They'd gotten him out of many a jam. They'd be able to help him through this, too.[break][break]

At Giada's request, he lead the way to where the piles of ash stacked up highest. Then he started to get to work, carefully, gently displacing ash from one of the piles into the grass nearby. Bah. Nothing but grass under this one. Time to move onto the next.[break][break]

"Gonna guess if you missed the brief, you missed my name, too," he said, a teasing smirk on his face. "I'm Isaac. Nice to meet you."[break][break]

"So, what's your story?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 4:22:36 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]for a few minutes, she offers him nothing more than a nod and a mumbled thanks when a shovel is passed her way.

there's not much for her to say. anything that might come out would be related to her mind's own turmoil. it'd paint a bullseye on her back, carved down through muscle into bone.

and they dig side by side until he breaks silence once more. by then, she's found a whole lot of nothing.

"giada, nice to meet you."

it feels like a lie as soon as it leaves her throat. and in a way, she supposes it could be. he's rocket. she no longer wants to be. how is that nice?

"not much of a story to tell, i'm afraid."

there is, perhaps, but she refuses to tell it. her shovel digs into ash a little harder than before.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 4:55:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Bullshit.[break][break]

This was Team Rocket. Nobody ended up here without a story. They weren't always long or satisfying, and they rarely if ever had happy endings. But nobody just woke up one day and decided "fuck yeah, let's be a terrorist" on a whim.[break][break]

No. Giada had a story. Whether she wanted to tell it or not was another thing. Everything, from her demeanor on this mission to her hesitance to speak, pointed to a no.[break][break]

Worry knit in Isaac's brow. This wasn't an uncommon outlook since Rocket started militarizing. Grunts either doubled down on the fanaticism or got real uneasy, real fast. Defections happened in startling numbers. The atmosphere in the organization had gotten tense, and would only get tenser as the fallout from Kanto's recent outburst settled.[break][break]

"I get that," he said, voice soft. So long as they were in Rocket in its current state, there would be no story for them. Either they'd slowly decay into the monsters that butchered Kanto, they'd be purged for their own weakness, or they'd be lined up against the wall by a League that cared nothing for where they stood.[break][break]

None of that made their stories, past, present, and future, any less important.[break][break]

"What's the story you'd like to tell, then?" Isaac asked. "Even if just to get it off your chest?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 5:07:30 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]is there anything she even wants to tell him?

too much, really, just to get it off her chest...

and yet, she sticks to basics, to ancient history long buried in kanto.

"i grew up on the streets of celadon. i was orphaned or whatever, doesn't matter too much now."

team rocket is supposed to feel like a family in some fucked up sort of way, isn't it?

then why does it feel more and more like a noose?

"now i just steal whatever i can find i guess?"

it's half truthful, too. she has yet to completely kick the habit, but it's still a work in progress.

and she looks to take the spotlight entirely off of her, to no longer feel the warm glow of it. she seeks cold darkness, settling like a heavy blanket.

"what about you?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 5:16:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac shook his head. "Nah, man. That's the story you're stuck telling, y'know?" Abandoned by family. Abandoned by government. Abandoned by life and death. Abandoned by Arceus. For so many in Rocket, the story started there. Why would Isaac need to hear that same refrain, especially when until now Giada hadn't wanted to share?[break][break]

"I don't want to hear that any more than you want to tell it. I want to hear the story you want to tell."[break][break]

At this, he pondered his own question. What had he come from? What had he done? Where did he see his life going if he stayed aboard this sinking submarine? Where could he have been, had he never hopped aboard in the first place?[break][break]

"Mine?" he asked, giving his shovel a few probing pokes into the next pile of ash. Something seemed to groan with each testing strike. "I dunno. I'm still figuring that one out. Not that anyone's ever gonna hear it, but I still wanna make sure I can tell it right."[break][break]

"Half-assing shit's just not my style these days."[break][break]

A sickening rip. Isaac's shovel had just put a long suffering piece of driftwood out of its misery. Perhaps as he took it apart, revealing a steep-sloping tunnel of dirt beneath, they'd have a chance to mull over that question some.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 21:44:10 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"i don't want to tell you anything."

sharp, snippy, rushed.

attitude hides what she looks to bury, what she doesn't want to indulge in. there's a hope deep in her bones, settled down firmly next to a primordial longing for freedom.

yet she sits in this cage all the same.

fear paralyzes. fear suffocates. fear kills.

his presence, this mission... it's all the same bullet lodging itself into her skin. she cannot cut deep enough to scrape out the shrapnel.

and he doesn't even supply an answer to his own question. it infuriates her, she realizes, as his shovel strikes metaphorical gold.

she supposes in some small way, she had been hoping to hear the words she's afraid to say.

instead, she finds nothing but silence. the tunnel opens up. it swallows them whole.

"now what?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 4:58:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She didn't want to talk about the life she'd rather lead, yet she sure as hell seemed desperate to avoid engaging with the one she was stuck in. All of this, while also having the disposition of a caged Whismur with a gun trained on it. Some might have found it a contradiction, two conclusions that made no sense with each other. Yet to Isaac, it made perfect sense.[break][break]

When you were this paranoid, there were enemies everywhere. For all she knew, his questions could and would be used against her.[break][break]

Perhaps she'd find it just as baffling when, in the face of her denial, he smirked. "Good," he said, even as he looked down the tunnel instead of looking back at her. "Never let anyone make you talk. That way, you've always got something to call your own."[break][break]

Isaac would not let his voice become a vessel for the glory of Rocket.[break][break]

For all Giada didn't want to tell him anything, she sure seemed to look towards him for advice on the mission. Perhaps it was a good thing she wasn't on a mission with the spiteful, petty type. Some people loved to take their frustrations out on the first peon to be stuck underneath them. But Isaac? He just wanted to understand, and silence spoke the volumes no words could.[break][break]

"Now what?" he repeated, looking down the sloping passage. It was too narrow to stand within. It was too dark to peer down. It was a mystery, a complete cipher. Good. That's how Isaac liked them. "We take a leap of faith."[break][break]

Before Giada could give assent or objection, he sat by the lip of the tunnel and pushed himself down, as if it were a common waterslide.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
sun bleached flies
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 6:00:14 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she does, in fact, find it baffling.

he isn't going to pry? put up a fight? scoff and complain?

it's odd, she realizes, to be caught off guard by such a simple courtesy. it leaves a festering sadness, perhaps, the longer she dwells on it.

and without much prompting, she digs her claws in. strings try to jerk her back but it's too late. curiosity has taken control. she dances the dance that got her into this mess in the first place, that same curiosity killing off eight of her nine lives.

"why? aren't you going to make me talk?"

she doesn't quite receive an answer. not at first, anyway.

instead, he takes a leap of faith (literally) and lurches down into the tunnel. she blinks.

and as silence falls around her, she feels a clawing in her throat. here, alone, she feels exposed.

it's unnerving.

she is quick to scramble behind him, a rushed request calling after him.

"wait up!"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights