celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 5:13:10 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she's been scouting this place out for a week now...

trying and failing to work up the nerve to finally pull on the door and enter the ranger headquarters of mauville city.

each time she thinks she's ready, she chickens out.

and she looks out of place here, standing awkwardly on the sidewalk with her eyes focused on the doors. every time someone leaves, they side eye her and she doesn't even seem to notice.

finally, painstakingly, she lets out a shaky breath she hadn't known she was holding and approaches the door...

only for it to pop open as a woman struts out in full ranger gear.

word vomit overtakes her. it spills from her throat in a quick, fumbling rush.

"are you a ranger?"

no shit, sherlock.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 5:43:55 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
annalise is caught off guard as she exits the building — not from the question, really, but from the pretty girl being directly on the other side of the door she's leaving from. she blinks a few times as she processes 's words, then lets her face relax into an approachably bright smile.
[break][break]
"i am, yeah!"
[break][break]
she offers a hand.
[break][break]
"i'm annalise henderson, captain of this hq here."
[break][break]
she motions towards the building behind her.
[break][break]
"did you need help with something?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe [break]

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 5:53:00 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]right...

did she need help?

yes, but also no.

she flounders for a moment, words failing. in this lull, annalise's face registers. she's pretty, bubbly, bright.

and as gia slowly takes her hand, she gives it a gentle shake.

"giada. sorry, um, are you busy?"

she didn't mean to interrupt...

her brain backtracks, circling back to the initial question.

"i wanted to ask a few questions about ranger requirements if you have some spare time?"

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 6:12:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"not at all! nice to meet you, giada, by the way!"
[break][break]
giada caught her at the perfect time, actually. even though she's dressed up like this, the only ranger mission on her itinerary right now is to get her usual order at sawsbucks. she brightens up at 's implied interest in becoming a ranger. it always makes her happy when someone new sees the benefits of becoming one.
[break][break]
"oh, yeah, we can totally talk about that! here — let's talk inside!"
[break][break]
she takes a step back toward the door, putting one hand on the handle to open it for her.
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe [break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 16:25:25 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she hadn't expected it to be so easy, in hindsight.

there's no questioning, no suspicion placed on her shoulders... just blithe acceptance and willingness to chitchat.

it's nice, she realizes, as annalise shifts to open the door for her. it's bright and warm and accepting. everything team rocket is not.

"okay, thank you!"

her smile is wider than it has been in recent months, more genuine than she can remember.

and as she steps through the door's threshold, the ranger headquarters opens up. it's busy, full of people. they all seem to be in good spirits, content, almost happy with their daily lives.

she feels jealousy creep in.

"do you, um, want to get coffee while we talk?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 20:50:27 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"no prob!"
[break][break]
this is one of those moments that makes all the boring paperwork behind being a captain worthwhile. annalise hopes she can make a good impression on , hopes she can make the rangers look better than they're sometimes regarded as.
[break][break]
she's about to lead her to her office, but the word coffee makes her stop short of waving her towards the hall. giada must be a mind reader.
[break][break]
"honestly? that'd be perf! you won't believe it but i was actually headed to the sawsbucks down the street before i ran into you."
[break][break]
a small laugh escapes her.
[break][break]
"do you want to go there? there's coffee here but — "
[break][break]
she looks around, casting a glance over her shoulder before continuing in a lowered voice.
[break][break]
" — it's, like, sooo not as good."
[break][break]
it's not sugary nor is it social media post worthy. it's just coffee in a paper cup. annalise has been stewing on a remedy — have a cafe lease out a small part of mauville's hq — but she's been too busy to consider the construction or logistical side of things yet. maybe could help her with that part.
[break][break]
"either way is fine with me," she promises.
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe

@

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 2:59:09 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]initially, the suggestion had come with the selfish desire to have a coffee cup as a lifeline through their conversation...

she hadn't realized annalise was also seeking out coffee, however. it makes the concept land easier, less indulgent in her own anxieties and more welcoming for their current companionship.

"oh, sawsbucks sounds good!"

annalise's voice lowers, as if sharing a little secret just meant for her ears, and giada can't help but let out a soft laugh.

"to be fair, i don't think anything can really top whatever sawsbucks puts in their drinks."

they're addictive... do they put crack in there next to the cream and sugar or what?

she lingers in place for a moment, smile widening as seconds pass into minutes.

"did you need anything here, um, before we go?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:49:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]

"so true!" annalise chimes, raising her voice back to regular volume. "they're, like, really doing a number on my wallet, though."
[break][break]
annalise laughs and its edges are lined with flecks of genuine guilt. the coffee at the hq is free for her, but she almost never goes for it when she can get a sugary delight down the street for a bit too much money than it's worth. thankfully, her salary leaves her with a wide berth for frivolous expenses these days.
[break][break]
"hm," she hums thoughtfully, running through a mental list of things that she could've possibly forgotten about now that brings it up. she pants her jacket and feels the lumpy outline of her office keys in one pocket and the flat surface of her phone in the other. "nope, i think i'm all set! let's go!"
[break][break]
annalise needs little encouragement to take the lead, pressing the door open and walking out into the cool weather outside.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe[break]

@

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 6:00:43 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she lets out a little groan at the mention of wallets before dissolving into a laugh.

"they're so expensive but too good to turn down."

and really, they are. she has perfectly good coffee at home (well, 's coffee and home but that's neither here nor there) and yet, she still spends money she doesn't have on a sugary coffee at sawsbucks instead.

after annalise checks her pockets and confirms she has her essentials, the cool air of the open street greets them once more. outside of headquarters, the streets are still busy as ever.

the trip to sawsbucks is short, filled with idle chitchat between the two women about some random tiktok trends or silly cat videos.

and when she pulls the door open, holding it for annalise to enter first, the welcoming aroma of coffee is quick to usher them inside.

"what do you usually get?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 8:20:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
, annalise learns, is super cool. they have a lot of interests in common — tiktok, most importantly — which makes her feel a lot more pressure to wow her with a career with the rangers. even if she doesn't land her as a coworker, hopefully they can exchange numbers before they part ways.
[break][break]
the line inside sawsbucks is short, but it's enough time to talk about drink orders before heading to the register.
[break][break]
"i used to be a java chip frappe kind of girlie, but i've been drinking a lot of cold brews lately," she says distractedly, reading the sign up front as though she hasn't seen the menu options a thousand times before. "the salted caramel one has had its grip on me lately."
[break][break]
the line shrinks quickly, opening up a spot for them at one of the beckoning cashiers.
[break][break]
"what about you? you can go ahead and order whatever you want. it's on me!"
[break][break]
there's not much room to argue with one's potential-future-captain. annalise gives her a cheeky smile and motions for her to go first.
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 4:30:13 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]meeting with annalise has, quite honestly, been a treat. even without the sawsbucks, she's completely sold on the ranger captain already becoming one of her favorite people...

will it change once her past comes to the surface?

will they still be able to grab expensive cold brews and gush over tiktoks? is that nothing more than a delusional dream?

she feels her energy falter slightly and tries to hold it up with firm fingers, begrudgingly forcing anxiety down.

"god, the salted caramel cold brew is insane! so so so good."

it's her go to drink. well, outside of winter where she faithfully orders an iced white chocolate peppermint mocha but that's not an option at the moment. it's out of season now, unfortunately.

and as the line dwindles, as the barista greets them with a smile, gia's startled with the payment offer.

"are you sure? i'd be happy to pay for us since i'm taking up your time today."

really, it's the least she can do...

regardless, she orders a trenta salted caramel cream cold brew with liquid sugar and slides her card over to the barista before annalise can protest.

"i'll cover whatever she's getting as well!"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 21:37:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]

"yeah, i'm totally sure! it's fine!"
[break][break]
goes up to order first. maybe annalise should have expected the show of good will that comes next just from the way she talked a second ago, but surprise flashes across her face as the other girl tells the barista she's paying for them both.
[break][break]
she steps up to order the same.
[break][break]
"thanks, giada!" she chirps as they move away from the counter. "i've got you next time, okay?"
[break][break]
the look in her eye brooks no argument.
[break][break]
once they both have their drinks, annalise finds an empty table off to the side to sit at. she takes a moment to sample her drink, then gets to business.
[break][break]
"sooo, what kinda questions did you have?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe[break]

@

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 4:41:57 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"okay, sounds good!"

their drinks are order, paid for (by her teehee), and soon ready for them to pick up.

the cold brew is chilly to the touch but she feels a little better with numbness creeping into her fingers. it's a lifeline she holds tightly, gingerly sipping as they find a table and settle down into chairs.

"ummm... well, i guess my first question is if i would need any specific requirements to join the rangers?"

she starts small, nothing more than gentle probing questions.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,151 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
phantom regret
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 12:53:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"i would say ... "
[break][break]
annalise traces a small, circular path on the table in front of her with her drink, encouraging the sweet foam to meld into the bitter cold brew below. she's seen rangers of all walks of life — straight-laced teenagers, ex-rockets, petty criminals on a probation of sorts — so it's hard to give an answer that doesn't sound too perfect.
[break][break]
"i guess the only requirements are the basic stuff: some proof of identity for the paperwork, a clothing size for the uniform, and a desire to work."
[break][break]
she's also met people who didn't fit that last requirement, yet still manage to coast along in their organization. she stops stirring her coffee, flashing giada a smile before she continues.
[break][break]
"we're pretty flexible when it comes to individual experience and stuff like that so you don't really have to worry about that part."
[break][break]

@

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights