She/They
November 13
GOLDENROD, JOHTO
?
Ranger
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
12 posts
Sol Edelman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sol
Sol Edelman
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 15:14:13 GMT
Sol Edelman Avatar
A spring tide rolls in. Its sweetness turns bitter when it reaches her tongue, just like it did yesterday and the day before. But, unlike yesterday, Sol didn't take it as an excuse to turn away.

"What do you think?"

She looked down at Lycarock and he barked out a smile.

"Yeah, me too."

Together they continued to trek down the road emptied of any other person, pokemon, or soul. It was tranquil in a way Unovia always lacked.

At least, for now.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 9:12:56 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

the tranquility of the route is quickly interrupted when a snarling grimmsnarl bursts free into the clearing. it looks around, slobbering as it clutches the bag closer to its arm.[break][break]

"fucking hold up!"[break][break]

following after it is lance, clearly dressed in his ranger uniform. he appears as well, far less grand of an entrance as the grimmsnarl, but enough to make his presence known.[break][break]

the grimmsnarl FALSE SURRENDERS, sending a sharp spike of hair toward lance before turning to run.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".lance"]--accent:#d49736; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lance blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lance .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/990626476019838996/icon-02.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lance blockquote b, .lance blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lance blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lance blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lance .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lance .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lance .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Soli, Edelman
She/They
November 13
GOLDENROD, JOHTO
?
Ranger
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
12 posts
Sol Edelman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sol
Sol Edelman
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 15:08:06 GMT
Sol Edelman Avatar
There was no stopping the abrupt shattering of her precious peace. It first announced itself with a howl, followed by an obnxious crash of rustling trees. By the time Sol held enough sense to follow the direction of it's sound, the grimmsnarl had already erupted from the tree lines. 

Sol let out a low whistle, eyes narrowing down at the beast. 

Should she even bother helping?

On one hand, the man looked desperate. On the other, she was just trying to get some steps in, not play Ms superwoman. 

She clicked her tongue against the back of her teeth. 

"Kryp, accelerock. Aim for the ankles."

The hound needn't any further explanations. With a solemn nod, it sprung into a flurry of steps, starting out small and paced out before developing into a blur of fur and limb. 

Near the end of his run, white light enveloped him. He hit the target, sending it toppling forward.
[/div]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 14:54:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

in all honesty, lance has it handled, but the additional help is nice as it takes some of the physical strain off of him. after ducking under the grimmsnarl's FALSE SURRENDER, he watches the stranger intervene, allowing him a moment to catch his breath.[break][break]

"fuck, man. thanks for the help."[break][break]

he mirrors her low whistle as he looks up at the sky, head tilting back as though it'd help.[break][break]

"lungs just haven't been the same for a while, you know? old age and all."[break][break]

chuckling, he looks over at her right as the grimmsnarl falls to the ground.[break][break]

"i'm lance."

[break][break]

[newclass=".lance"]--accent:#d49736; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lance blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lance .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/990626476019838996/icon-02.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lance blockquote b, .lance blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lance blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lance blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lance .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lance .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Soli, Edelman
She/They
November 13
GOLDENROD, JOHTO
?
Ranger
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
12 posts
Sol Edelman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sol
Sol Edelman
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 15:32:43 GMT
Sol Edelman Avatar
The ranger was met with no warmth, only the icy exterior of her suspicious gaze. Holding her ground, she gave him a general look over, taking time to search for any protruding weapons or signs of warning. 

But there was nothing.

Still, she kept her distance. 

"Don't worry about it."

It had cost her nothing, not even a drip of sweat. Her Lycanroc mirrored her answer with a short bark as he returned back to his trainer's side. 

Instead of a name, she offered a nod and slow step away. 

"Just consider me a good Samaritan."
[/div]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 15:44:08 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"a pretty capable good samaritan, that's for sure."[break][break]

his shedinja finally fades into existence, hovering right above the grimmsnarl only to lower to rest on it.[break][break]

he pulls out his ranger stylus, then starts looping it around the grimmsnarl. during it, he peers back to look at her.[break][break]

"hey, you uh, looking for a job?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Soli, Edelman
She/They
November 13
GOLDENROD, JOHTO
?
Ranger
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
12 posts
Sol Edelman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sol
Sol Edelman
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 15:53:01 GMT
Sol Edelman Avatar

"I've got a job."

She didn't. Truth be told, despite her grand reasons for crossing the grand spanning seas, Sol had spent the better part of her time within the region just lazying away in the tranquility of Oldale. 

Between the long walks and comforting naps beneath the old cypress tree she had found, there was always little motivation to carry her further than a few steps outside the town's pickett fence. 

"So thanks but no thanks."

[/div]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 10:15:04 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"shit, that's a shame."[break][break]

the stylus clicks as it finishes its loop, holding the grimmsnarl firmly in place.[break][break]

he secures it back on his waist before finally turning back to approach her.[break][break]

"does your job pay well? are you happy there? just asking, you know, because you'd fit right in with the rangers."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Soli, Edelman
She/They
November 13
GOLDENROD, JOHTO
?
Ranger
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
12 posts
Sol Edelman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sol
Sol Edelman
ONLY AS GOOD AS MY GOD
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 15:17:36 GMT
Sol Edelman Avatar
Did it pay well? No.

Did she like it? Sure. Laziness has its benefits. 

Still, she eyed the man curiously. Memories whispered back into her ears, urging her to listen. To give life another chance.

Her acceptance came with caution, however.

"Why? Because I can take down a Grimmsnarl?" she shot back, eyebrow raising to the brim of her hairline. "I'd say a lot of people fit that description."
[/div]