Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Peace [S]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 13:41:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Day after day, Isaac returned to Petalburg Forest, tending not only to the Gracedia seeds he'd planted but also to the stretch of forest surrounding them. It was just common sense at first. Healthy land produced healthy growths. Food, shelter, and distractions meant wild Pokemon wouldn't disturb the Gracedias instead. Abilities such as Overgrow and moves such as Springtide Storm even if meant for the Gracedias, flowed into the land around them.[break][break]

However, as time went on, Isaac found tending to this stretch of forest less a pleasant side effect and more a reward in its own right. It reminded him of the stretch of garden that had gifted him and , yet at the same time it was so unfathomably different. It was wild, untamed, abiding his presence only so long as he did right by it. He was less the host of this land and more its guest, even as he strove to show it care for as long as they were working together.[break][break]

It was nice, being able to give back through creation rather than destruction.[break][break]

The first time Isaac came to this stretch of forest, he was nervous, almost hypervigilant. The first shoots of the Gracedia were still so unprotected and vulnerable. The neck of the woods they grew within was still so unfamiliar and strange. The last thing he wanted was to drop his guard and find the seeds left in ruins.[break][break]

Now, after weeks of tending and care, the forest felt more like an old friend. Rather than stressing over what could go wrong, he laid back against a sturdy tree trunk and let him enjoy everything that went right. Rays of light that pierced through the canopy fell against him, a sudden yet oh so comforting shock of warmth that passed through his system.[break][break]

Maybe it'd be fine if he let himself doze off for a bit . . . he totally earned it . . .

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Soli, Edelman
She/They
November 13
GOLDENROD, JOHTO
?
Ranger
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
12 posts
Sol Edelman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sol
Sol Edelman
Peace [S]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 1:40:59 GMT
Sol Edelman Avatar
Since her return to Hoenn, there weren't many times Sol held the displeasure of feeling her own pulse beat into her ears. Life as a ranger in Oldale was one characterized by its serene, laid back nature. There were no massive tussles with rockets to fret over, gangs were kept at to a minimum, and even battles between wildlife were never as fierce as those within the rooted jaws of petalburg woods.

Which made it the perfect escape for someone like her: desperately tired and needing a break. Of course, her new title came with more than just a way to sustain herself through this lazy transition back to reality. It came with responsibilities. Annoying ones, at that.

Today's particularly annoying set of obligations came in the form of a temporary week-long reassignment to Petalburg. The least interesting city in the entire region.

She tried to seek tranquility in the wildlife - if not for her own sanity, then for the slew of lost hikers who would commonly take the wrong path mid-trek. Today, however, it was no lost hiker to be found. Only a wounded, half-alive houndoom sprawled out on the floor.

So what else was there to do? Sol picked the poor pokemon up, and now she was here, running through the forest's intricate pathing like a mad man, deep in search of that one makeshift pokemon center she knew rested between the entrance of the woods and the city's surrounding routes.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Peace [S]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 1:54:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had spent the law few days finally stopping and smelling the roses. It made it all the more obvious when the smell of blood cut through instead.[break][break]

"Midnight," Isaac whispered, a hint of distress in his voice as he noted the brief, coppery interruption. A Poochyena resting at his feet perked up to look at him, eyes and tail each at attention. "You smell that, girl?"[break][break]

She sniffed the air once, twice, three times. Her ears drooped to the side of her head as she picked up on it. To Isaac, it had been a moment's notice, blown his way on the winds of chance. To Midnight, whose nose was all too trained to spot such scents, it was all too apparent. A slight whine escaped her as she looked over towards Isaac, looking for his advice.[break][break]

"We should go investigate," Isaac said. "Someone might need our help." The Poochyena nodded once in response, letting out an unsure yet determined yip.[break][break]

With out, they were off, never even realizing that they were about to encounter a kindred spirit.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Captain

Soli, Edelman
She/They
November 13
GOLDENROD, JOHTO
?
Ranger
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
12 posts
Sol Edelman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sol
Sol Edelman
Peace [S]
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 15:20:13 GMT
Sol Edelman Avatar
Blood poured out like a waterfall. Spilling from her two arms, the young woman did her best to contain it all.

Juggling its flailing legs and whimpering snout, she barely managed to elbow her hip, cracking open the one of two pokeballs she'd decided to take along with her.

A salamance roared to life. and with gravely grunts, she heaved the houndoom onto his back. 

"fuck, that hurt."

It was then another pair of eyes would emerge from the road ahead. A young look guy, no older than herself.

Her expression froze over, turning icy instead of warm. 

"Hey you. Is there a poke center nearby?"
[/div]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights