part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
daniel & the lion [qq, c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 20:27:00 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknox2"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Fox didn’t like fighting. He was a scientist, first and foremost, and his preferred way of figuring things out was intelligent discussion.

That didn’t mean he wasn’t good at fighting, though. He’d singlehandedly fought off in the pit of the Deep Sea rift when the commander had been envenomated by a Nihilego. And that had been even more difficult because he couldn’t hurt the guy.

Or shouldn’t hurt him, at least.

His shoulder leaned against the cold stone, gaze flicking across the way to the man in question. Within this building there would be a veritable swarm of ingrates, Rockets and simple ruffians alike, all needing to be subdued and taken in for questioning to discern their ties to these illicit bloodfights that were sweeping the nation.

Or that the League had just taken notice of, Fox figured, but still. His job was to bring them down.

“How do you want to do this?” he asked, voice quiet in the dark alley, the sky a dreary gray far above them.
[attr="class","samknoxt"]
boxing bouncers
[attr="class","samknoxc"]

[newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:420px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]margin-left: 0;margin-right: 0;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:80px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin-bottom: -30px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 21:28:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“A few questions. I know you can fight. Are you ready to throw punches if need be?” he began in equal measure.

His… his mug was too well known because he wore his hair up almost all the time, however with some concealer and swearing off the hair gel, he could pass off as someone else.

Although, this also meant he had to (regretfully) put the vape away and return to smoking cigarettes again, which wasn’t too tricky considering he had to abandon the vape whenever he would pay a visit down to Shoal Cave—before he’d been basically excommunicated.

“And another thing. Whatever I tell you to do—would you do it? Even if you know either of us are literally putting ourselves in direct danger?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
i am only a nameless soul heading into a pure, black void
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 19:58:46 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Fox rolled his eyes, let some of the tension bleed out of his body. He stood up, back sliding against grimy brick.

“Yes, mammy, I can throw a punch,” he said, feeling the grind in his neck as he really leaned into the drama of the eye roll, his tone scathing. “Can you kick that horrible oral fixation?”

His nostrils flared as he exhaled, collecting himself.

“You’re my lead,” he said, in answer to the second question. It would, admittedly, be hard, to subject himself to the whims of the Head Ranger. But this wasn’t about pride, or a stupid pissing contest. “I’ll do what you say.”

boxing bouncers

[newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:420px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]margin-left: 0;margin-right: 0;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:80px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin-bottom: -30px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:05:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the nagging tone.

“Oh, shut up,” he grumbled, rolling his eyes at the first half of the exchange. As for the cigarettes thing?

“Well, if we busted in there and I was smoking my vape, they’d recognize me right away—I’m the only idiota within a hundred miles of here that prefers vanilla-flavored fluid exclusively and it’ll give me away almost immediately.”

He then took a deep breath to calm himself down (hah, surprising).

“Anyway, if we go in guns blazing and screaming we’re the cops, that’s way too cliché and we’ll get into even worse trouble than what we can handle. As you said—I’m your lead. And besides, freezing everyone in that building—tempting an option as it is—simply won’t do. We have to get this done, with everyone we need to bring in, alive.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:33:35 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]“Here’s an option for you,” Fox shot back, in a rushed whisper-shout that was coupled with him rising up off the wall a few inches. “just don’t fuckin’ smoke!”

He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. “For fucks’ sake.”

Lars gave him a lecture about bringing people in alive. Fox sighed, a measured exhale.

“Fine. I get it. Just-- what’s the plan?”

boxing bouncers

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:50:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He’s too far in the hole, you know.

“Been doing this since what, I turned twenty-one. Quitting cold turkey is too hard!”

He couldn’t help but raise his hands in a mock ‘what the fuck’ gesture before lowering them again. The urge to actually facepalm had never been so strong until this moment.

He then breathed the tiniest little sigh through his nostrils for a few moments.

“Alright, one thing’s for sure—the idiots we’re about to meet fight dirty, no exceptions asked. They don’t believe in rules and all that. Now, I know you’re an expert with poisons and all that—do you have anything we can use that can be easily concealed within balled-up fists?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:21:07 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Fox opens his mouth to say something to the tune of I’m not asking you to quit cold turkey I’m just suggesting you don’t smoke during every goddamn mission but he closes it again because arguing with Lars was like arguing with a brick wall: a waste of breath and twice as brainless.

Instead, he rustled through the pouches at his belt and pulled out a collection of small, square glass cuvettes, roughly an inch and a half in length, with a clear liquid within. He passed them over.

“Florfenicol and hogweed,” he said, “causes blindness. Wear safety glasses. Can we go now?”

boxing bouncers

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:25:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Just as he suspected—

“That’ll work just fine,” he hummed as he examined the small containers, before looking at them a few moments.

“Knowing them they’d try to blind with sand or anything coated with spores or sleeping powder, so this actually works in our favor. No rules, remember?”

He then took several, before handing the rest back to him.

“There’s no way I’m leaving you unarmed.”

There was nothing else to it—time to see how much of his ye olden days of rabblerousing in Alto Mare he could recall in such a short period of time.

“Let’s get going. Sooner we get in, sooner we get out, sooner this is all over with.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:46:24 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Fox’s grin is predator sharp in the dark alley, the scent of the faraway sea mixing with the smell of cement and humanity to make something heavy settling down on top of them.

“I’m never unarmed.”

And he reaches over to turn the doorhandle.

boxing bouncers

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 22:05:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

How deep did he dig—

Pretty far, if he was going to be honest with himself.

The moment they went beyond the door—it was like stepping into another world entirely.

The sharp stench of humanity, of fear, terror—feral survival—presses deep as they get right into the thick of it—never mind if he did break more than a few noses along the way.

(Usually one of his fastest ways to bring someone to their knees is to break their nose with a singular clean strike.)

Who knew he could still hold his own in illegal fighting rings, even after all these years?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 22:17:55 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]The door is thrown open and Lars is over the threshold, Fox close on his heels. Lars throws a punch into the nose of the first person to turn to them; Fox drops to a crouch and kicks his legs out, hooking the ankle of a brute who is stumbling to his feet and pulling it out from beneath him, sending him falling forward, face busting against the edge of a table.

He’s up on his feet in a beat, pulling something from his pouches: a small flashbang of sulfur and Gogoat’s rue, which he launches into a nearby crowd. The minute explosion had a foul smell and would knock out those in a very controlled area. Then he ducked to the other side, bringing down another brute with a well-targeted throat chop, and more small knockout grenades to their right.

There’s the sound of a Pokeball bursting, and a noise like bones knocking together as a Kingler runs at them, giant claw outstretched.

boxing bouncers

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 22:58:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Che palle, when they said no rules, they literally meant ‘none at all’!”

Thankfully he’d brought a different complement of Pokémon as he apparently had an ‘alpha team’ that he was known for in public, however what most people didn’t know was that he also had a surprising second string setup of just-as-powerful Pokémon he’d trained away from the public.

Out came an Accelgor from a Net Ball deftly thrown from between his fingers, the agile Bug-type meeting the incoming snapping pincer of the Kingler with his own equally-loud, droning Bug Buzzing noise.

He then ducked low, and kicked out the legs of several more men that were headed their way, making sure to trip them up and bust up their ankles on impact.

(For yes, he was just as well-versed with illegal fighting rings as much as he was with stringing words and a melody together. Don’t ask.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 23:34:27 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Lars goes low and Fox goes high, vaulting over him and hurling Olera’s ball. The Gloom explodes out of her containment sphere and launches a deep purple toxic across the area directly in front of them, sending people screaming, clawing at their eyes, and gagging.

Another Pokeball reveals his Bayleef. “Guard the back door,” Fox orders, and the sauropod is off to do so, bringing people down with well-aimed magical leaf daggers stuck into thighs and ankles.

boxing bouncers

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 2:52:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

While Tristan the Accelgor is busy taking care of the arthropod Kingler that’s out for his head, a second flick revealed a Fast Ball popped to full size and a Blaziken joining his side of the field, letting out a war cry and immediately clocking the closest combatant that almost got a cheap shot off on Lars while he wasn’t looking.

A Sand Attack later blinded several more combatants who were headed their way, all the while Lars was still busy slamming the heel of his palm into as many noses as he could break.

“Come on! We have to go deeper inside!” he shouted over the din of the fighting. “We can’t let them get away!”

By ‘them’ he meant, the most likely organizers of this entire ring. Of which there were potentially more than one.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 22:47:30 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Fox didn’t respond to Lars’ instructions because he was already moving, ducking into a side hallway and bursting through a door. With a series of precise kicks and punches, he knocked down a rush of guards that came at him.

“The boxes--,” he said, pointing, “--across the way.”

The leadership would never sit in the cheap seats; they were up in glass-encased viewing boxes, lounging and smoking and drinking and eating fine food.

“Phage,” Fox released the Duosion, future sight!”

Phage glowed faintly pink for a moment, but nothing else perceptibly happened.

boxing bouncers