[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"How have you not finished?"[break][break]

"Can you just-"[break][break]

"You have one job, Eris." His grip on her shoulder is firm, borderline painful even as he tugs sharply. The momentum causes her to slam into a broad chest, a scalding hot breath trickling down her neck as he leans in close. "Scrambling signals shouldn't be hard for a weirdo like you. Unless, you're saying that you want to go back out there?"[break][break]

Though Reiner growls, the man lets out a little chuckle. Then he presses a hand against Eris' back, watching smugly as the Luxray backs down with her quiet hiss.[break][break]

"You wouldn't do anything to hurt your little master, would you, cat?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || postdormitum: comms

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tattletale [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 14:09:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac knew he should've never taken her back to fucking Sootopolis.[break][break]

In the last battle of Hoenn's open war, she had slipped away. She donned a disguise, fought against Rocket's atrocities, and established a bond with a legendary Pokemon for her courage and heart.[break][break]

What did she have to show for it? Where was she now? The plaything of a mere Grunt, cowed into obedience by fear and pain. Where there was pride, now there was meekness. Where there was resistance, now there was submission. The spark behind her big ideas had been extinguished by a League that betrayed her and a Rocket that never cared for her.[break][break]

What the fuck was he even doing anymore?[break][break]

His light in the darkness plan was an abject failure, for the second the light was away the darkness rushed in twice as fast. He couldn't be everywhere at once. He couldn't serve everyone at once. Whenever he was gone, thousands of prying eyes, sinister whispers, and clutching fingers shot from the shadows to take his place.[break][break]

All he was doing was providing false comfort to his loved ones as they were lowered onto the meathooks.[break][break]

His hand was perhaps a little too firm on the other grunt's shoulder as he sidled up behind him. The finger right atop a pressure point, exactly as Zev showed him, was surely a coincidence. "Hey, buddy," he said, his voice almost too pleasant. "Just came back from a supply run. My team's real beat, so we're taking five to focus on some wetwork while they rest up. You and yours are still fresh from the fight, yeah?"[break][break]

The pressure on the man's shoulder only intensified, despite it looking for all the world like a friendly hand on his shoulder. "How about you and I have a little shift change?" Isaac said, because he certainly wasn't asking.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 14:31:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There is relief that flashes through Reiner's eyes as he sees approaching from the rear, glee even when he realises that the Rocket grunt who'd been terrorising Eris had now loosened his grip out of pain. And he wastes no time in slinking forwards, pulling his ward right out of the man's grasp and gifting them a quick taze as he slaps his tail against their ankle.[break][break]

"Fu- Fine!" His voice is sharp, his gaze laced with such poison as he wrenches himself out of Isaac's grasp. And she can see the many thoughts that flash across his gaze, flinching slightly when he almost takes a step towards her, only to turn about and forcefully bump shoulders with the hindrance. "Make sure she does her fucking job, Merlo."[break][break]

"I would've completed if you hadn't been breathing down my neck this entire time!"[break][break]

Those words can't be taken back and she knows it all too late when she sees him whipping right around. Eyes shut tight, she raises her arms to cover her head and prays it won't hurt too bad this time.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 14:51:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The two Rockets locked shoulders as stags locked horns, allowing the two to get some solid eye contact before they passed. "We'll see to that," he said. "Keep up the good work. You're making such a huge difference."[break][break]

After all, every army needed some useless hanger-on to abuse a child instead of doing their job.[break][break]

Eris mouthed off in response, and the Grunt saw red. He whipped around, guard dropped entirely as he let his anger consume him. Big mistake. In his unfocused state, it would be trivially easy for Isaac to hook their ankles together in a miniature leg sweep. What was once a furious lunge quickly turned into an impending pratfall.[break][break]

He'd never hit the ground. Isaac made sure to catch him by the scruff of his uniform like a misbehaving child. "Whoa there, buddy, you all good? Think you're a little confused. The front line's that way!" He spun the Grunt back onto his feet, seeing him off with a little shove. "You go ahead and take care of it, alright? I'll give the kid what she deserves for mouthing off."[break][break]

Once he was out of earshot, Isaac made good on his word. Clearly, what Eris deserved was a fistbump.[break][break]

Isaac sighed softly once it was delivered, his bravado dying down. "I was really hoping I wouldn't see you here," he admitted. "How'd they rope you into this? And what're they asking you to do, anyway?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 15:06:08 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Whilst she awaits a punch, the only thing she hears is a click of a tongue, a harsh insult bitten back as Isaac quips at the man. And when she opens her eyes again, she sees Reiner curled protectively around her, his fur bristling as he bares his fangs at the grunt taking his leave.[break][break]

It takes a bit but as soon as they're beyond her line of sight, she lets out a sigh, leaning against Reiner's torso as she slumps to the ground. When Isaac holds his fist out for a fistbump, she can only offer a weak one in return, her arms and breathing still a little shaky.[break][break]

"W- I wanted to check something..." A deep breath in, hold for 4, a slow breath out. "No one really trusts me though. For good reasons." She grasps at her own wrists, nervously squeezing and twisting the skin. "I'm supposed to help scramble the League comms, because I have some experience with stuff like that and all..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 15:20:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Yeah. Maybe not your best plan," Isaac admitted. An active warzone was no place for a kid, especially not one whose opinionated nature got her in hot water with both factions. "But you're not stupid. If you're risking this much, I know its gotta be important to you."[break][break]

"Why didn't you tell me? Or your pa? Or ? We could've helped you." He cast a glance over his shoulder, watching the Grunt he'd clashed with shrink into a speck on the horizon. "Would've been more useful than Prince Charming over there, that's for sure."[break][break]

Still, they were stuck in this mess together. That meant scrambling League comms. Frankly, Isaac didn't mind that idea. The less information the League had access to, the less likely they were to arrest, attack, and kill his loved ones.[break][break]

Except many of those had changed paths, hadn't they? How badly Isaac wished he had more time with . . .[break][break]

Whatever. It was fine. He and Eris would need to flow with the current to stay afloat, and this was as safe and harmless of a job as they could find among the chaos. It was better than the poor girl being used as a weapon. Or, worse, as bait.[break][break]

"So," he said, cautiously watching Eris. "How does this work?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 20:27:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I didn't want to risk you all getting hurt."[break][break]

Truth be told, the dirt at her feet is starting to look pretty nice right about now. It's not that she doesn't trust them to be capable, but moreso that she doesn't know enough about the Lake Guardian's volatility to be truly sure that everything will be fine. Still, if Isaac is gonna offer up the opportunity to change the topic, she'll gladly take it, carefully pulling on her radio and console as she tries to think up the best words for it.[break][break]

"So right now, I have to search for whatever signals might be floating around. Which probably won't be a lot considering the nature of our environment. But the moment I find any channels, I need to start messing with the waves as best as I can." Her fingers inch the dial forwards and backwards, key frequencies carefully keyed into her console as she listens through the static. "Traditionally, you can find comms on specific frequencies. And considering how chaotic this assault is, the normal ranger probably doesn't have much time to keep changing them."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 1:10:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac sighed softly, a weary smile spreading across his face. "C'mon, Eris," he said, voice taking a turn for the serious. "You know there's nothing that'd hurt like finding out something bad happened to you."[break][break]

There was maybe one person other who could drive Isaac into a similar mix of guilt, rage, and absolute despair. And unlike Eris, Isaac couldn't admit that fact to .[break][break]

Still, he wouldn't press the issue. That wasn't the point. Instead, with a reassuring pat on the shoulder, he turned to focus on the task at hand.[break][break]

The goal was simple. Find a radio frequency. Mess with that radio frequency however possible. If they change, mess with that frequency too. Not bad. Not bad at all.[break][break]

He couldn't help but notice that her go-to example of a foe was less a League Official or Gym Leader, and more a rank and file Ranger. Isaac couldn't help but tuck that thought away; for all Eris was hesitant to point fingers, she absolutely hadn't forgotten what had happened to her. It was a bit of a shame. Most of the Rangers Isaac met had been wonderful people, and yet here they were.[break][break]

"Luckily for you, I've got top men on the case," he said, cracking open a pair of Pokeballs. Ex Machina and Kilobyte emerged, the Rotom excitedly swirling around his Porygon friend. "If we can sneak Ex into someone's communicator, and we bully the heck out of their airwaves, he can probably pick out some of their go-to frequencies. From there, we'll basically have a cheat sheet on what channels to sabotage next time."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 5:29:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Even with Mesprit's subtle aid, it's hard to ignore the bitter guilt that sits in the pit of her stomach. Her attention sticks to the clicking of numbers across the radio, her console carefully offered up with one hand as Reiner helps to balance it with the tip of his tail.[break][break]

"Koios is running some processes in the background but he should be able to help pinpoint the locations of the nearest people... but it's a little hard to get Ex into their equipment remotely."[break][break]

The static stops abruptly, her radio turned down as she looks to Isaac.[break][break]

"Are you planning on sneaking up on them and just somehow tagging them?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 14:42:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I figured I was just gonna zip him along the airwaves," Isaac admitted, shrugging. "Or send Kilobyte out in a data packet, if we're dealing with any net-connected comms." The internet of things was a scary concept, especially when a cyberduck could take full advantage of it.[break][break]

"Still, though, you're right. They might pick up on that. Might be safer to do any tampering like that more directly." Humming thoughtfully, Isaac cracked another Pokeball open, the ever-imposing Sanford hovering before Eris. "San's Switcheroo lets him steal people's stuff. Think that can pop out a comm earpiece, or would that be too conspicuous?"[break][break]

Ugh. Thinking was hard work. In the meantime, Isaac peeked at the key codes Eris was using, helping with some occasional button pressing and gadget fidgeting on some of the smaller devices.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 6:24:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She offers him the blankest stare she can possibly muster, one mirrored by Reiner.[break][break]

"I'm good, but not that good." And as Isaac continues to press buttons in hopes that they'd do something, they only watch as the screens silently rotate through colour palates. "W- well... uhm... I have the signals, and I'm pretty sure I can tune a new comm piece to it. Then all you have to do is integrate Ex or Kilobyte into it, and have San pull a good ol' swaperoo."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 16:26:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Now there was the secret sauce he was missing! "I like the way you think," Isaac said, picking up the new comm piece Eris had on offer. Ex gleefully floated into it, contorting himself into the tiny little motors powering the device. His grinning face was small enough to fit on a postage stamp now.[break][break]

Isaac lobbed the Rotom communicator over to Sanford. It sank into the Dhelmise's algal colony with a "schlorp." He then slid a second salvaged communicator around his ear. "Alright, San. Do your thing!"[break][break]

Sanford flashed once, then twice. The shock of Rotom orange embedded in his bloom became Ranger red instead. Isaac, who was intentionally averting his eyes, didn't see a thing.[break][break]

"Did it work?" he asked. "I don't feel anything different."[break][break]

An electric blue tendril snaked out from the earpiece, making a "ssssh" motion towards Eris. Clearly, there was mischief on Ex's mind. He then motioned for her to proceed, ready to see what sorts of audio-scrambling pranks the chaos child could brainstorm up.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 12:25:50 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's a time and place for everything - For her to be serious and genuinely feed misinformation, or for her to mess around for just that little bit while they haven't quite tapped into the proper channels. For now, she makes sure to isolate the channel, fiddling around with her devices with a rather serious look before pulling up an application.[break][break]

And as Isaac waits for something to happen, he will hear the first few cursed notes.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 16:08:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You brat."[break][break]

Do not let his word choice fool you. Isaac was all laughs as the tones of an immediately recognizable song hit his ear. He laughed even more when little flares of static tickled against his ear, as if Ex was trying to sing along. With no voice samples to work off of, this was the most the otherwise-chatty Rotom could do.[break][break]

With that, Isaac popped the earpiece out of his head. Ex left the device, a smug grin on his face as he orbited around Isaac's head. "Okay. Okay, yeah. We've got a plan," Isaac said. "Now, how're we gonna do this?"[break][break]

Typically, Isaac was the one following in the wake of someone far more dangerous. He had little choice but to follow their orders to the letter, even when it lead to bloodshed in the face of his best efforts. This time, he was the senior. This time, he was the one running the show.[break][break]

This time, he could pick the targets.[break][break]

"Let's keep away from anyone in dire need," Isaac whispered as he and Eris hit the dusty trail. "We're saboteurs, not murderers. Far as I'm concerned, if we can confuse or scare people away from the battlefield, we're doing our job just fine."[break][break]

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 22:57:31 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Isaac is right in that she wants no part in assisting murder. As she gathers her equipment and gets back to her feet, Reiner is there to catch her when she stumbles over her own tingly feet. And Mesprit merely giggles, trilling as she flies circles around the girl.[break][break]

"There's a few possible targets that were sighted off to the West." A quick glance of her console holds several coordinates written out in strings of numbers separated by slashes, which promptly switches to a sort of map when passed over to Isaac. "As long as we can just swap one of their comm pieces, we'll be in a part of their system."[break][break]

Pulling up her hood, Eris doesn't even have to say anything else for Mesprit to slip into her backpack as Reiner's focus sharpens. The further that they walk, the closer to enemy territory they get, and the last thing any of them want is to get caught in yet another bad situation.[break][break]

"That one?"[break][break]

The target seems to be a lone ranger, far more invested with investigating the strange vegetation and minerals in the area than actually rushing to the front lines. Sure enough, the floating rocks or whatever other strange bits of environment that stand in their way should be more than enough to cover their trail, but they still have to be careful not to be spotted.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT