awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Breath of Life [S]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 2:34:23 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
It mattered little what haunted her these days, for it were always the same things. Regrets of days long gone. Regrets and hurts that had never bothered her in all these long, long years. A lie, perhaps. At one time they had threatened to destroy her, but she'd managed to restrain them, reign in those feelings and channel them into becoming her strength.

Yes, she'd thought she'd gotten over them.

And now, she realised.

She had never been.

Not when that spark had reflected in the depths of Palkia's Spacial Rend. Those familiar voices whispering in her ear, coaxing her to believe again. To believe that the dead could stand beside her once more. Ever since, Kyrenai had heard his voice resonating in her head more than once. And every time the fear of it being truth had grasped her heart, squeezing it ever so slightly. And every time it squeezed, she felt the grip get tighter and tighter.

Had she skipped a few nights of sleep?

Had she forgone meals at times, and neglected her duties to escape her own thoughts?

Shamefully she admitted; yes.

The assassin had allowed herself to spiral into something that she had to fix before it was too late. Yet when the reports came in of having died during one of her expeditions, and having risen from the dead just as quickly, Kyrenai's greatest fear became a reality. It became her hope.

A flicker of doubt still danced in her eyes as she took her first steps through the portal leading into the Borders. Something -her heart, her guts, or something beyond, who was to say- had lured her back to the Borders. To make sure. To see if the voice that had whispered in her ear back at Mt. Pyre had truly been him. Deep down she knew, however, that if she'd be granted a single more chance to be with him, she'd walk the Borders forever.

close tab

played by

Toppa

the spider lily
he/him
March 26
Hetero
Law Abiding Citizen
Citizen
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kagetora
Kagetora Shinada
Breath of Life [S]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:28:13 GMT
Kagetora Shinada Avatar
A blade to his chest, the feeling of cold steel running into his body, the slow fade out of existence as he looked into brilliant red eyes. And then, peace eternal, an unending amount of it. Kagetora sank into the white endless drift, letting go of all that he was. He became a flow, simultaneously becoming nothing, and everything at the same time. His remains buried in some long forgotten grave, unmarked.

But from peaceful oblivion, stirred thoughts. And it drew him back. Sadness, loneliness, vacancy, an unresolved trauma. A flickering spark, back on the other side, rending him curious. He drifted towards it. This strange, empty feeling.

And as he drifted forwards, thoughts emerged, feelings, sensations, memories. He felt himself separate from the whole once again, becoming rigid in his structure, he felt the unease of existence as he travelled outwards from the underworld. A single wisp out of hundreds.

I must reach it. He thought. But he could not remember why. All he had was the feeling, and it grew stronger as he drifted forwards.

Past the peak of Mount Pyre, atop a hill of endless white flowers, glinted a violet wisp, pulling this presence deeper towards him. I'm here. He called out. Come find me.

He buried himself beneath the Earth, and from it grew a single Spider Lily, a red flower amidst the endless whites, waiting one day to be discovered, and plucked.

@kyrenai

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Breath of Life [S]
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 14:31:27 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
How long had she been wandering about the endless sepias of floating mountains and isles?

If one told her time flowed differently within the Border, she would've been inclined to believe them, for the concept of time had faded from her mind a long time ago.

A long time, she thinks. But she's not sure. 

The only certainty is the pull dragging her heart and her feet onward; she's long since passed all the notable landmarks she'd come across during her exploration and ventured into territories yet to be mapped. 

"I'll find you." she whispers to the winds, and for a moment her hand finds itself back on the blade's hilt. 

A memento, of arguably better days.

His blade.

She'd never been able to part with it. And after the investigations had been concluded, she'd done everything in her power to retrieve it. A token meant to remind her whenever her mind dared waver. 

Something unspoken calls the assassin to attention, and when she lifts her gaze from the voids occupying her thoughts she sees the fields before her; hundreds, if not thousands of flowers dance upon the breeze. Among them a single lily; Spider. Blazing red. It stands proud among the sea of white, like a drop of blood on porcelain skin. 

She crosses the floral sea towards it, and for a second time she lingers before it, and kneels. Her fingers tenderly graze its tendrils, yet she does not question why it was a flower of all things that called for her; its loneliness a silent reminder. 

It only reminds her of him.

Of Kagetora Shinada.

"I missed you, Kage," she whispers to the flower, fingers lowering to its stem. "I still miss you."

And then she pulls.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights