awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 2:27:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was actually at the Sotally Tober much faster than he’d let on in their text exchange.

Considering that he’d only had to ask Lynette to warp him as close to the ship as he could and then sent the pirate of the evening a few more messages (as he didn’t want to risk calling her number directly and having Angelo answer instead of her, whoops) while holding a paper bag.

Of course, inside said paper bag was the promised tequila—straight from the top shelf of his stash.

(For the record this was even better than the añejo tequila from last time.)

“Come on, man, where are you…” he hissed, shifting his balance to and from one foot to another, the agitation clear all over his aura.

takes place after ice and water

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 15:52:15 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
In direct contrast to 's agitation, Skyler casually emerges out onto the deck with her staple brisk pace. She hasn't bothered to dress up for the occasion, the only accidental concession to fashion being an oversized sports jacket (likely 's) over a sports top and some ratty sweatpants.

She catches Lars' eyes over the Sotally Tober's railing, quickly strolling down to meet him at the docks. 

The paper bag is noticed with a smirk, right before she greets the man with a solid mock-punch to the shoulder. "What trouble have you gotten into this time, Spiky?"

There's no attempt to keep her voice quiet, and it carries throughout the near-silent docks. Giving Clarabelle (her Lopunny Quartermaster) a short salute, Skyler ushers Lars away from the collection of boats and ships, past the cement sidewalk and all the way to the beach. 

Hands in her pockets, the captain finds a relatively private spot amid the rocky outcroppings by the surf. 

"Well," she motions to the paper bag, leaning back against a rock, "we got all night, Spiky. What the fuck is up with-"

Skyler gestures to the whole of him.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 20:08:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“A… lot, if I’m being honest,” was his greeting back, attempting to aim a noogie her way.

Following her down to the beach was easy (sorry ) and once they were as far away from the warship as possible, he reached for the bottle of tequila inside the paper bag and passed it to her.

“What’s up with me? Well… if you want to know, I haven’t heard their voice inside my head. For a good while now. Last time was… when we got back from the meteor. Right around then.”

He sighed, wringing his empty hands now (presuming she already had the bottle of tequila with her, and he’d already folded the paper bag up and stashed it away in a pocket) before sighing.

“I’ve been banned from going to Shoal Cave to visit them, too. Like, what the fuck, man.”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 21:07:00 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler would like to think that she was a dependable person when it came to her friends, and also relatively good at safekeeping secrets. While she told her husband most things, she also understood that not all secrets were her own.

Spiky was taking it a bit too far with the whole secrecy thing though. Skyler felt as though she was about to commit a felony (and honestly, none of those she'd actually committed had been nearly as inconspicuous).

"So the game was right. Huh." She accepts the bottle gladly, taking a large swig as speaks. Though she feels like she'd need far more before the story was through, she passes the bottle over. "Sure sounds like a tantrum."

But nothing was ever as simple with legendaries, was it?

"So Arti's gone quiet and you've been banned from Shoal Cave - was it by Arti, or something else? I feel like that's an important detail." She didn't look forward to getting an End of the World to the face, but sometime's that's just life.

"... Well Spiky, I think you're fucked." Skyler kicks back and contemplates the moonlight edge of cresting waves. "So, when are we goin'?"
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 20:25:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh. Right. You told me about the game knowing about…” he trailed off, before coming to a stop.

Wait. Wait a fucking second—how did the game know about that?!

“I don’t know how the game knows about this,” he continued as he waved his hands in a once-over from top to bottom, “…but fact of the matter is the last time I heard them in my head was shortly before the meteor got chomped by the serpent of the skies.”

He was sure she would pick up on what he was implying.

“When we came in for that crash-landing, whatever—whatever that thing is, that came out and caused the strange location to appear close to Oldale, the thing that caused that, very nearly froze us. Like we weren’t beings immune to the cold! Which is fucking insane, because one of the things I share with them is immunity to the cold!”

…maybe that blast they barely survived was also what was causing the powers he shared with the Mirage to go on the whack…?

The moment she mentioned he was fucked, he let out a little sarcastic laugh.

“I’m not just fucked, I’m legitimately screwed, because the powers I share with him are. How do I put this? Going whack-ass. I can’t control them.”

As if to prove a point, should she look down to where he’d walked, half the steps he’d taken had trails of frost.

“I’m leaking like a damned faucet.”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 20:00:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler remembers the moment of the crash, the ice that had kissed swaying grasses still in a wintery embrace. The chill had felt as deadly as the first time she'd encountered it, deep in the guts of some doomed, forgotten realm.

Whatever that creature was, it didn't belong in here. And it seemed as if Articuno might share her sentiments. Weird way to show it though. 

"I found it before, when I was invited to join a group attempting to rescue Rayquaza. It inhabits another dimension. From what I gathered, the whole world is frozen over and dead. Human, pokemon, all gone to shit." Skyler leans back against the rock, silver tracing the spaces between stars above. "Even Rayquaza couldn't defeat it."

Kyogre had been present, but only barely. With Rayquaza in critical condition, Skyler hadn't had the time to pit the ocean titan against the creature's frozen maw. 

"You're- leaking?" The captain blinks, absorbing the information. The perverse little smirk on her face isn't given time to grow, not when she catches sight of the trail of frost left in his wake. 

"Well shit, you are. That could be potentially problematic." Understatement of the century. "Try not to freeze me, alright? 's the one with the fire powers." 

"So." Arms crossed. Gaze silver sharp. "Watcha wanna do - and how can I help?" 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 18:49:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’ll try,” he continued quietly, a grim undertone taking on his voice as he spoke at that very moment. “Just… you know how you can breathe underwater and all that? Well, I’m not sure how you’d react against ice like this, since my immunity to the cold is… it’s also on the fritz, man.”

Needless to say his situation was rather… complicated, to say the least.

“Like, some days it’s there. Other days it’s not. And I’m scared, Sky. I don’t know how to confront… well, this.”

He then gestured to the thick wall of ice not too far ahead of them. Whatever view was behind it, he couldn’t tell what was going on. The moment they drew closer, though, he thought he could feel a burst of frigid wind coming from—somewhere.

“D’you need like, an extra overcoat or something?” he asked her a few moments later, squinting into the gloom. He wondered—could they tell that this time, he was accompanied by a fellow avatar?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
mamma mia [s][c]
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 21:20:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler also wouldn't know how to deal with wayward powers. Her mastery of her own avatar powers had come slowly and with much training, but for them to become abruptly unreliable?

She dismisses the thought immediately.

"How about you confront this not alone?" She claps his shoulder, lopsided grin in place despite the sore subject. "If anything happens, at least I can, I don't know, whoop some legendary bird ass."

Whether she's just joking in an attempt to lighten the mood, or being completely and utterly serious, is a mystery. For now, at least.

A frigid gust of wind crawls beneath her layers of clothing, and she can't help a shiver from crawling up her spine. Being a Hoenn native hadn't offered her a wealth of experience with colder temperatures. The most she might've experienced - venture into Kyurem's realm aside - had probably been her freezer.

"D'you have a coat to offer? Aren't you going to be cold too?"
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights