‹ let me in › [m] [pd]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ let me in › [m] [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:18:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the leakage of this 'interdream' dimension was something else. everywhere esmee could see, there was an emptiness in the once-vast ultra deep sea as if to reflect the negation of positive dreams with negative ones. this empty space was constantly twisting in order to try and make something appear, ultimately still providing nothing for the woman who floated amidst it all - 'swimming' my gliding in the air. the illumina hydreigon that pulled her along emitted a wondrous glow - hoping to attract the eye of the rocket member that esmee called her own.[break]
of course, they both knew their 'loyalties' meant nothing to them.[break]
this exploration mission would be done in tandem with one another, unseparable even by means of this silly little skirmish between rocket and league once more. "amour, es-tu là (love, are you there)?" she called into the void, starting to see some semblance of shape and reason the further her hydreigon pulled her along. gaultier's mind was much more composed and able to put together much of anything and everything, this being shown in the way that esmee found solace in the space of this interdream sliver they had decided to meet in. [break]
in some ways, it was a trap. in others, it was a moment of weakness for esmee.[break]
what they would both see from each other's inner minds would surely prove to deepen their relationship and understanding of one another. the more he would prod and the more she would learn about him, the more she would be able to show ... right? if not, it would be a rather one-sided event. this made esmee almost despair, but she was confident in her ability to at least let gaultier - of all people - into her mind that was so tightly locked behind indifference, cold bitterness, and reason.[break]
"comme toujours, je suis là pour vous (as always, i am here for you)." [break]

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@gaultier

INTERDREAM MISSION POSTDORMITUM
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ let me in › [m] [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 16:27:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
What loyalties did they have to anything but themselves when it came down to it? Gaultier anticipated the day that Esmee decided to plunge a knife straight into his back. But alas, he didn't seem to care too much about that idea. It would be a privilege for him to meet his end at her hands. To delve into the vast scape of the Interdream Realm felt... Perhaps haunting in a sense? It wasn't long until Esmee's words cut through the haunting silence of the Ultra Sea. As if a light guiding his way home, he caught sight of the Illumina Hydreigon and 'swam' forward with the help of Gawain, his Gallade.

"J'ai cherché rien mais toi (I looked for nothing but you,)" he offered with a laugh.

Once they managed to cross paths, Gaultier was quick to interlock his fingers with the plantinum blonde's and rest his forehead against hers with a sigh of relief. Something about this Interdream Zone felt draining. Perhaps it was the way they were forced to face what lingered within their subconscience. He knew what lay within his own, but he anticipated to see what sat within Esmee's mind. Moreso, he feared to see what she'd feel in regards to his own subconscious.

"You spend your days psychoanalyzing others, how about we see what lies within your own subconscious first, mm? Close your eyes and clear your mind. You can trust me, as I can trust you."

With those words offered, he tightened his grip a bit more on her hand. He wanted to insist that there was no need for her to worry. Besides, he felt her subconscious might be an easier one to digest than his own, at least for now.

@esmee

MP COLLECTIVE 10 MP FOR ONE POST

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ let me in › [m] [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 3:03:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"i understand."[break]
esmee's voice was soft and calm. it felt like she was seated across from gaultier as opposed to holding him in her hands, helping him choke down the reality of what swam around his mind. to remedy this, she pulled him close with one sharp tug of his shoulders and wrapped her arms around him protectively. pulling his head down towards her chest, it seemed like she was shielding him from something. a figure of sorts had jumped out behind him and was staring at esmee directly. it wasn't someone she recognized, so she imagined it was something she should keep from gaultier for now. it seemed he was more tense about this mission than she was, but she was always cocky when it came to being able to hold down her own feelings and any show of such.[break]
-- even if she felt her palms grow sweaty, paranoia creeping up on her.[break]
it wasn't the swirling images of her past that got to her. they quickly dissipated as if disappointed by her lack of reaction - cheap jumpscares meant to stir a mind that was long-since jaded. she wondered what kind of person would fall prey to a situation they willingly put themselves into in the name of such weak forces like 'league' or 'rocket.' what utter fools. she didn't pity them, just looked down at her nose at them and focused instead on her love in her arms.[break]
"il n'y a rien à craindre (there is nothing to fear)," she reassured him, rubbing the back of his head lovingly as she allowed him enough space to move and look around. one image of her subconscious seemed to hold still. a mirage of a time past, showing her visiting the small room that served as her ringmaster's quarters. perhaps this was a good start to letting him understand a bit more about her - a 'beginning' to what shaped her to be the freakshow that she was now.[break]
"i have nothing to hide." but she did. everything she was and all she would ever be was not for anyone to know but herself. although she was no spy, she moved like one - intertwined into society secretly with her head down, doing her work as quietly as possible. even so, she had promised herself to gaultier. she had promised herself to the paralegal in ways that no normal relationship could even come to measure up to. he was allowed into a realm so secret that esmee, herself, had forgotten most of it perhaps due to a psychological lock on her memories or simple denial of what had occurred to her.[break]
regardless, she held a stiff and calm expression as she looked on.[break]
simply put, the scene started with esmee meeting with her ringmaster. there was conversation and wine - a celebration. inebriation led to malicious intents, unwanted touches landing in all the wrong areas. the ringmaster's wife had appeared, belligerent from her own drinking. the smile the older woman had broke down quickly and she brandished the ringmaster's whip against esmee, lashing her over and over again. esmee shrieked quietly, for images did not talk but offered a million words in silence. white fog turned red to signal blood as esmee's figure ran out, even her face torn to pieces by the way the whip had landed on her without help from the ringmaster who watched in silence and laughed as if he had intended for this to happen. [break]
the scene ended with a chansey going about its usual healing process, helping esmee pull herself together in a literal sense. red fog turned to pink and back to white, signaling good health. she was one again, but this came at a price. it seemed her figure had a black fog smile as she spoke to the figure who owned the chansey. the figure was tall and had broad shoulders - presumably male by its make. this figure smiled and nodded. [break]
the scene dissipated with esmee throwing down a conglomeration of sticky glob, poison barb, scatterbang, and mysterious ore that her side of the war had provided. she had no real use for any of it, so she threw them down all at once. she had no intention of fighting their petty fight, so pulling the scene apart was a good enough reason for use.[break]
"your turn," she said lightly as if this was all a game of tag among friends. in other words, she would share more details if gaultier would walk her through his own thoughts and memories. [break]

@gaultier

USING STICKY GLOB, USING POISON BARB, USING SCATTERBANG, USING MYSTERIOUS ORE: +40MP
POSTDORMITUM POST: +10MP
PARTICIPATING IN A MISSION: +50MP
PARANOIA: +10MP

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ let me in › [m] [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 16:18:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A sense of anger overcame the Kalosian at the sight he had to endure. While he threw a scatterbang, poison barb, and sticky glob at the sight before him, it did nothing to the ringleader and his wife that had made Esmee endure so much pain. For a moment, he felt his arms tighten around her as if he didn't want to let her go. An attempt to comfort her from the sights she had to see, to remember even a fraction of it. Tears pricked the corner of his eyes as he felt a sense of paranoia feed into his dread.

"I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, to see that," he offered weakly.

What more could he say? It was devastating to see the love of his life suffer as she had. Though the moment the tables turned, his breath hitched in anticipation. Perhaps it was truly time for him to let Esmee in and see just what his life was. For a moment, he fell silent, then closed his eyes with a deep breath to steady himself. It wasn't long until the atmosphere around them warped and twisted.

The scene changed into that of a memorial service. The two stood further off into the corner as they saw the scene unfold. At the front of the room sat a young Gaultier, likely in his late teens at best. At either side sat his younger sisters, and on the end sat his youngest brother who seemed as though he couldn't get it together. (The young Gaultier let his head hang low, a gesture that showed he didn't feel much remorse over the loss of his mother, but it still saddened him to see such a bright star burn out.) Though his head lifted and a look of disgust came over his features. There in the crowd sat his poor excuse of a father. If the two were able to follow his line of sight, they'd see that much -- Gaultier favored him a great deal, except he lacked the groomed facial hair the fellow Kalosian kept.

As the service soon concluded, Gaultier felt his hand tighten into a firm grasp against Esmee's hand. He knew what came next, but Esmee didn't. It wasn't a topic he cared to discuss openly. It was better to see than it was to discuss.

In the turn of events, both Gaultier and his father stood in the vestibule in a heated argument. Words of disgust flew from Gaultier's lips, calling his father a coward and demeaning him for even daring to show his face at the funeral. The father cursed back at him, explaining that he still felt love for the mother Gaultier and his siblings had lost. As his father turned, he made the remark that Gaultier had been his biggest mistake in their relationship. After that, Gaultier's expression twisted to that of hurt, betrayal, and rage. He gripped a nearby small stone statuette of an angel and the scene faded to red. It wasn't hard to deduce that he'd smashed his father's skull.

The young Gaultier got to work, unfastening a shelf that sat above the entryway to make it seem as though the shelf had come loose and dropped the statuette directly on the poor man's head. It had enough weight to it to seem feasible. He sat there on the ground, clutching his father's lifeless body to his chest as crocodile tears streamed down his face. Once someone finally came upon the scene, they deduced just what Gaultier had planned all along.

Gaultier himself soon turned to Esmee and spoke to her to break the silence.

"It's something I've carried with me for quite some time. I was able to kill the monster that haunted me as a child, but in turn, I killed the only other parent I ever knew."

@esmee

MP COLLECTIVE scatterbang (10mp), poison barb (10mp), sticky glob (10mp), post x2 (20mp), realm mutation/paranoia (10mp), mission (50mp)
110 in total so far