twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
heal [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 3:39:20 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"i always do." 

he turns back to click open the metal crate, flipping the locks before pulling the top open. he's taken the necessary steps to ensure this goes under the radar, off the books, and it's evident with what's hidden underneath the metal of the crate. from it, he pulls out an odd-looking contraption and lays it on the ground next to the salamence.

"do you trust me, lyune?" 

he doesn't say more than that. he places a gentle hand on lyune's back before starting to slide the various compartments in place. he loops straps of whatever underneath the dragon's limbs, over it, and secures it. he slows down when he reaches lyune's damaged wing and makes sure to be extra careful.

double-check. triple-check. he rises back to his feet and takes a step back, allowing freya to view the contraption.

"you control it with your feet. the left one shifts the position of his wing. step forward to shift up and back to shift down. like a motorcycle. and the right one allows you to tuck his wing in." 

there's also a saddle that's laid out across lyune's back. he gestures towards the contraption as a whole.

"it is made of the finest of metals so it should hold up even against attacks. but it is not designed for combat, so try and stay out of it." 

he takes another step back and gives the space to freya.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
heal [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 3:51:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]lyune watches him with intrigue, though as he removes the metal parts from his boxes, the dragon visibly shrinks. he looks...(and it takes a moment for freya to place the emotion because she rarely sees it) nervous. he nuzzles under her arm, eyeing the gear with distrust. 

she's so focused on the dragon that she forgets to watch what alex is doing. it's her snap back to the present that she realizes it, with a jolt. he has one of his own

he walks so carefully around lyune, around his curves, looping the contraption around his muscles with an expert grace that comes from practice. and she could infer that perhaps he'd acquired a test salamence of his own, but her gut tells her no, no, that's not it

she's quiet, suddenly remembers the manners she'd forgotten when he greeted her. as he squats, checks the straps, she moves closer, never lifting a hand from lyune's side, and says, "you have one of your own, don't you? a salamence?"

she absorbs the information. he'll never fly on his own. it pains her, that this is the best she has to offer, but when she looks at him with sorrow he is gazing at her with love, with trust, with a kindness that makes her heart swell. we're in this together now. truly, indefinitely, and always.

they share an amused glance when alexander informs them that it's not for combat

"perhaps it's time we revisit armor for you, friend." he chuffs in denial and she decides to revisit the topic at a later date. 

she walks around him, mentally storing the placement of each piece, how the saddle fits snug behind his shoulder blades. she mounts him with an ease that speaks volumes to their bond. his neck lowers, coming face to face with alex's. and he breathes, softly, pupils turning to slits as he stares down at him. and then he touches his nose to alexander's forehead. thank you.

she fits her boots into the stirrups and then looks down at alexander. "please," she says, "fly with us."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
heal [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 4:17:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it greatly helps that his own salamence is of a similar size to lyune. it's why he's able to move so gracefully around him with ease that could only come from familiarity. he's not subtle about it, which is why he's not surprised when she asks him about it.

"we share more in common than you realize." 

to her question, he nods. the bond she shares with her dragons has never been more clear. he watches how effortlessly she mounts her salamence, understanding that their bond most go far back. 

lyune extends forward with his nose and alexander knows what he means. he raises a hand to the side of the dragon's head and gently taps his forehead against his nose, understanding.

alexander expects her to fly so her question catches him off guard. he smiles, nodding as he calls out his own salamence.

salami takes a moment to breathe in his surroundings, head rising up to sniff the air, the walls; ears twitching to the low hum in the air. it takes him ma few moments before he angles his head down to alexander, lowering himself like a mightyena would its alpha. he huffs out a warm breath that makes alexander chuckle.

"it is nice to see you too, salami. you can trust them. they are my friends." 

salami moves slower than lyune, stands stronger, and it's clear that he's older than him. he huffs out another breath and nods at lyune in particular, noticing the familiar contraption attached to his body. it was on him not too long ago.

alexander mounts him and then looks to freya, nodding.

"after you."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
heal [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 17:22:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the saddle is different. not awkward, not uncomfortable, just unfamiliar. she tests the stirrups, leans to strap them tight, binding them to her legs. her own mobility atop his back is going to be limited as well, though she's grateful alexander put in the thought to keep her hands free. 

lyune stands at his full height, head raised proudly. he turns in tandem with freya as they both admire the weathered salamence that emerges from alexander's pokeball. lyune, recognizing an elder, dips his head in respect and gives him a wide berth as he makes his way down to the mouth of his cave. 

claws scrape against the rock face as he grips it suddenly, muscles bunched with anticipation. freya places her hands on his shoulders, leans forward. he unfurls his right wing and freya shifts her leg; his left follows. 

and there is no disconnect, no shudder of fear as lyune dives off the cliff. the ground races towards them and freya feels his shoulders tense, the wind crack as his tail lashes. it is as easy as breathing, being an extension of him, and she presses her heel. the wing snaps out, symmetrical with his other, and they rise

he is grunting in pain, but he roars through it, triumphant, giddy, free. he soars left and she throws her weight into it, guiding his wingtip down as they bank. she's laughing then, laughing as he spurts out a jet of flame at imaginary foes, as his claws grasp at the air as he surges forward. 

they level after some time and allow alexander to draw close. her disapproval is shadowed by her sheer happiness, though still there nonetheless when she raises a brow and asks, "salami?"

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
heal [c]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2019 9:25:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
they don't follow right away; there's no reason to. he is content sitting atop salami's back, legs by his side and hands grasping at whatever, watching freya and her dragon rediscover what it feels like to rise. they've fallen, oh they've fallen, and he watches as they continue to for moments, wind resisting them but not nearly powerful enough to stop them. he sees how she steps her heel and how lyune's wings expand.

and now, they rise.

he soon follows; falling, soaring, rising; the feelings are all too familiar with him. he looks at ease soaring through the skies, his hands are barely holding on, body and posture relaxed. he notices her laugh and realizes it's the first time he's seen her in such high spirits. he smiles, thankful. they soon level and are joined by the other pair.

at the mention of salami the salamence perks his head and turns to look at freya, breathing a low grunt before nodding. his head swivels back to look ahead, then drops to peer down at the small city of sootopolis. at her words, alexander only chuckles.

"he belonged to my father! salami was easier to say than salamence as a kid so the name stuck for me. my father called him undros." 

he supposes undros is a better sounding name than salami. but nostalgia is a powerful emotion. his eyes glance down at the contraption and how it buckles against the pressure of the skies. it's holding up well.

"how does it feel?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
heal [c]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 21:52:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she stares at him a moment longer after he explains and then relents. if the salamence truly minded the name, it wouldn't let alexander ride atop its back. and at least its given name is fit for it. 

she presses into her left side again as lyune's spine twists in a sudden dive. he claws at the air as he goes down, head turning, bellowing as he flexes his speed, his strength. they rise once again, wings flaring like sails as they slow and match pace with undros and alex. 

"like we've been doing this all along," she calls. "i'll be having our smiths here make armor to fit over it. with the way things are right now, i can't promise we'll stay out of battle."

especially if those things return. she suppresses a shudder. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
heal [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 7:54:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
they watch, content with where they are, as freya and lyune twists in a sudden dive down. she is happy and her dragon is allowed to feel strong again; it is the least he could have hoped for. salami makes a noise similar to a grunt as he peers down at them. the dragon shakes his head which garners a laugh from his trainer.

"i know you can still do that. i know." 

they are soon rejoined by the other pair. he chuckles at her words, nodding. "it would be unlike you to do so. i expected as much." it's part of why he trusts her so much: because she stays true to who she is, and right now he has a good grasp over her character.

"he looks happy." 

he pauses, eyes glancing down to lyune then back to her.

"as do you."