awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 7:38:51 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

That big cavern in the red-purple sky still yawned in Finn's soul. Finn heard it, felt its rumbling inside his gut underneath the surface of his daily activities. Finn's swords were less sharp nowadays. His hair seemed to droop. His crown had grown dull.

That maw licked upwards at his thoughts with the hunger of a scavenger waiting for its quarry to die. Some time in the day, Finn would be strolling, eating, or doing something as innocuous as changing in his room, when that feeling of being totally cornered would envelope him as if he were still there in Ultra Deep Sea, swerving from side to side just in time to avoid Gerald's blade.

Sometimes, down the rabbit hole, Finn wondered if he would have preferred it if Gerald had won.

"You win. You're the master."

Sake-stained words from the shameful lips of Master Flying Sword lying in a small glade far off the beaten track. Two empty bottles sat lopsidedly by the side, their contents drained on other secret nights. Finn was sprawled out shirtless on the grass, his kimono and swords flung near the entrance of the clearing. On top of the mess laid the crown he did not deserve to wear.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 14:07:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay. Fortree City. Where was stationed. His little sibling. Who was a Ranger. Who he'd already encountered. Who may or may not have known his secret (because the Ultra Deep Sea was such a bastion of clarity and sense-making). Who both and were going to shake Isaac by the shoulders by until he visited. At this point, so many band-aids had been ripped off that Isaac felt like a reverse mummy.[break][break]

So why was this still so hard?[break][break]

Ugh. Isaac needed to go to one of those thinky spots. Luckily, five years of vagrancy had paid off. At this point, Isaac had found at least a few of those on every route. In particular, there was a really nice clearing off the route's beaten path. Find the gaps between the trees and you were practically in a secret glade. There, the prying eyes of the world were hidden behind shady tree cover, only a few stray sunbeams slipping through the canopy. It was scenic. It was perfect.[break][break]

It was occupied.[break][break]

Mild disappointment was Isaac's first reaction. Now where the hell was he going to sit around and feel sorry for himself? Nothing killed the vibe like someone else's vibes. Worse still, the only reason he knew was because a bunch of random stuff was scattered around the entrance. Some empty bottles. A well-worn kimono. A few swords.[break][break]

A crown that Isaac once held in his hand.[break][break]

Protective instinct swelled up in Isaac's chest. Master Flying Sword had clearly been mugged, or worse. Whoever hurt him was surely hidden away inside the grove, along with any evidence. It was the perfect crime. Or, at least, it would have been. But now Isaac was here to un-perfect it.[break][break]

He slowly eased open the release of his Pokeball, a Ceruledge popping out. Before it could crackle out a battle cry, Isaac held a finger to his lips. Not now. They needed to be quiet.[break][break]

Together, Pokemon and human began to sneak into the clearing. Surely, they were prepared for anything.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 8:36:59 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn heard the crunching of grass and the unsheathing of swords, and his sake-addled mind concluded that he was being attacked again. But “again” misses the issue; repetition implies that Finn caught a break. Truth is, Finn never left. In his mind, he was still trapped there in Ultra Deep Sea with Gerald.

Out of reflex, Finn jolted upright and threw out a Pokeball. His Decidueye emerged from her Pokeball and shook the confusion off her feathered cape, not knowing why she was being summoned. Then, she saw Isaac, peered down at her trainer, and understood. She, and the rest of Finn’s team, had seen this replay nightly ever since Finn came back. Yesterday, beer in a cave. Tonight, sake in the woods. She met Isaac’s gaze with a woeful expression, quietly bemoaning the sight in front of them.

Ceruledge’s violet flames roused Finn out of his stupor. He looked up, his soul returning to his eyes, and his face blanched with shame when he realised Isaac was looking down at him like this. Self-consciousness brimmed over his skin like cold water. He was normally proud of his body – and often even showed it off in Flying Sword – but his nakedness now reminded him of his weakness. Of how his muscles and skill dissolved in the face of an opponent he was trained to take down, even trained others to take down.

Finn pulled his knees up to his chest. He tried to crawl towards his crumpled kimono but settled for shielding himself with his hands.

“Go away. I don’t want you to see me like this.”

Finn slurred. He hated that Isaac, of all his students, was the one to discover him like this. But maybe it was good that Isaac saw him like this, for who he really was. He deserved to find out the truth, that he deserved a better teacher.

Finn felt cold.

“Please, just go.”

He turned away. Moonlight carved out his body amidst the trees’ shadows like a sculpture of sorrow.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 1:58:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The man who had defeated and shamed Isaac's master was none other than . . . himself.[break][break]

It would have been a poignant observation if it didn't leave Isaac so worried. He returned the Decidueye's gaze, shooting her an all too familiar look. His eye was warm yet determined. His smile was soft yet patient. It was the same look he'd presented to so many whose loved ones weren't doing well, who he sought to bring comfort both for their sakes and for his own.[break][break]

It's okay. I'm here for them.[break][break]

At his feet, Finn was torn between crawling towards his abandoned dignity and hiding to preserve what little was left of it. Retreat won out over action, and he shielded as much of his body as a pair of well-worn hands could manage.[break][break]

For a moment, he considered playing dumb. It would be too easy to say that, between his missing eye and the darkness settled over the grove, he couldn't see a thing. Maybe in his inebriated state, Finn wouldn't have even realized the lie.[break][break]

He tried to say it. He really did. However, the lie died in his throat. Impaired and in pain as he was, Finn deserved better than white lies.[break][break]

"You know, I dueled with a great man once," Isaac said, a soft smile on his face. He walked over to the kimono that Finn couldn't bring himself to approach, respectfully folding his hands underneath the clothing to properly lift it up. "When I was half a step away from making a mistake there was no coming back from, he reached out to make sure I could ground myself. No matter how intense our duel got, he reminded me of something; none of that strength means a thing if you turn your back on someone in need."[break][break]

His approach was near silent, masked by the forest grasses and the sound of his own voice. Would Finn even realize that Isaac now stood by his side? In one hand, he held out the kimono for him to take. In the other, he offered a hand to help him upward.[break][break]

It was time to practice what had been preached.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 21:04:23 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Anything but looking up at a student right now, and anyone but Isaac - not just a student but almost a younger brother, some kind of blood-sworn son. Finn knew Isaac didn't judge him, and that almost made it worse. Isaac saw him at his worst. Costume stripped off, blabbering like a fool. He saw that behind his sharp appearance, Finn was just a boy playing dress-up - and recognised him.

Finn sank his face into the grass.

Everything faded into silence. Finn thought he'd willed Isaac away. But then, he felt Isaac's approaching footsteps and his kimono's edge flicker across his shoulders.

He had seen Finn at his worst, and did not turn away.

"You don't get it, Isaac," Finn muttered. He kept his eyes low, his lips still speaking into the grass. "I can't teach you anymore." Isaac might have fond memories of their first match, but those were different times. Neither of them had yet realised the limited scope of Finn's experience and competence. Finn trembled, and that shake deepened into a fissure that struck at the root of his soul. He tried to hold himself together, but the cold revulsive shock rose inside him like a wave.

That old ghost's daggers flashed in Finn's memory again, and the man broke down in tears.

"He was so strong! I tried to fight back, but he got so close to me, and I couldn't do anything! All I could do was run!"

Finn pulled his kimono off Isaac's hands and buried his face in its silk. Each sob got stronger and worse, hollowing out his guts with snot and tears. He cried and cried not just in pity of himself but in release. He finally put a finger on how he felt - he felt scared.

Covered in sweat, liquor, tears and spit, at the foot of someone he was supposed to protect. Finn could smell how pathetic he was. He cried not just because of the attack but because he knew Isaac would leave him now. Finn was a fraud with no claim to Isaac's loyalty and respect. The jig was up.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 21:49:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"That's not true-!"[break][break]

In typical Isaac fashion, he let his heart leap before his head. He hadn't even heard all of what the other man had to say, and yet he still insisted that the doorway sealed by doubt couldn't be closed forever. He was drunk! He was startled! He was confused! He wasn't speaking from a point of reason right now. It wasn't fair to himself to make these judgments in such a state.[break][break]

Nevertheless, Isaac listened to what little Master Flying Sword was willing to share. Someone strong had fought him. Someone strong who fought up close and personal, turning the reach and defense a blade offered into a cumbersome liability. Smart. Powerful. Dangerous. Truly, they were a worthy foe, to an extent even Master Flying Sword wasn't ready for.[break][break]

He didn't take Isaac's hand. Instead, he wept, overwhelmed by the weight of his struggles and his failures. Briefly, Isaac wondered where the battle may have occurred. A sinking feeling in his gut told him that he already may have known the answer.[break][break]

A million thoughts raced through Isaac's mind. Did he give advice to try and help his master prepare for another incident like that? Or would that just risk shattering his already fractured pride? Did he ask to hear more about what happened? Or would that drag him back to a time and a place he'd rather forget? Was his comfort even worth anything right now? Or, considering where his allegiances currently lied, did his support mean nothing?[break][break]

Maybe now wasn't the time for thoughts. Maybe it wasn't the time for words, either. Instead, Isaac sat in the soft grass next to Finn, setting a gentle hand on his shoulder. He wasn't going to walk away. He wasn't going to leave him while he was in his darkest hour. He wasn't going to take it over and make it all about him.[break][break]

Instead, he'd just show his master that he wasn't going anywhere.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 8:44:20 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Shame worked like a vicious whirlpool; the more you gave in to it, the more its bitterness intensified. Still, it also felt so good to let it out. Finn cried and cried, hollowing out the black lump in his chest. His kimono was drenched with tears and spit. But as his muscles shook, all the way down to his gut, they released so much tension that he had been guarding for so long. Everything melted away into his kimono and into the grass.

Finn really didn't want Isaac to see him like this, but he also really didn't want to be alone.

It was the irony of shame; you feel the humiliation of being seen, but in being seen you feel the comfort of being witnessed. As if to say, I understand. That was why Finn took a liking to Isaac from the start. Yet, he knew he couldn't fault Isaac if he wanted to find a teacher more worthy than himself. Someone who could actually teach him to defend himself and win. But Finn still reached out like a sleeping Bellsprout turns to the rising sun.

"Please don't leave me."

And Isaac stayed. He sat down by Finn's side and offered a gentle hand, and Finn sobbed even more into his shoulder. He curled up like a child, aware of how weak and inappropriate it looked to find solace in his student, but Finn could accept it now. He was weak. But just because he was weak doesn't mean he was worthless.

"Mmmm." From somewhere primal inside him, instinctive and raw like a foal keens to its mother, Finn cuddled his head into Isaac's shoulder. The occasional shiver rumbled across his frame as his body purged itself of trauma.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 18:51:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I won't. I promise. I'm right here."[break][break]

This wasn't how Isaac expected his night to go. Frankly, this was the last thing he could've ever expected. Despite this, he remained sitting just where he was, doing whatever he could to be a rock for his swordmaster.[break][break]

In the end, that's just who Isaac was. He was a man who knew what it was like to hit rock bottom. He was a man who knew what it was like to have nothing and nobody. He was a man who knew what it was like to be up against nightmarish odds, feeling incapable of changing a damn thing about the situation he was in.[break][break]

He'd felt the weight of the world enough. He refused to let anyone else be crushed beneath it so long as he could help it.[break][break]

For this reason, he let Finn nestle into his shoulder. Even just in quiet closeness like this, he could feel Finn's strife and trauma ebb away. He'd help carry that weight for as long as Finn needed, even if it just took one night.[break][break]

Yet perhaps more than scars had been carried away by Finn. Perhaps the Ultra Deep Sea's presence lingered in more than just mind alone. Perhaps it wasn't nightmares that Finn needed to fear. Perhaps it was dreams.[break][break]

Isaac could have sworn he saw a familiar pink mist flowing through the treeline.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 3:41:59 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn's final strains of sorrow drained from his eyes, and the alcoholic haze lifted from his head. Sanity crept back into him in slow steps. Where was he? Finn looked up. He was resting on a damp patch on Isaac's shoulder. It was cold.

Wordlessly, he pulled himself off his student and looked about for something dry to wear.

"Erm... Thanks, Isaac." Finn mumbled. He gave him a gruff but soft pat.

Oh, boy. How will I ever face Isaac again?

It would take time for Finn to reckon with what it means to be fully, unpretentiously seen. That was a luxury he had not given himself. It had been cracked out of him, and he would always remember this night as a gateway on the path to growing through pain.

But enough about that - something was off. Finn's ears twitched. Was that a faint slashing sound in the darkness of the woods?

"No." Finn's entirely body stiffened. His eyes shook like birds trapped in cages. Had his tormentor found his way here?

Finn tried not to crumble. He looked back at Isaac, but who was he meant to be? He tried to play strong, but they both knew that was a lie. His eyes were a movie screen playing distorted nightmares.

The slashing sounds grew louder, fiercer, and Finn started trembling again. His Decidueye, though, pulled herself upright, the infernal air between her feathers bristling.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 21:38:32 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]With all of the shame and stress flowing out of his body, Finn was starting to resemble himself again. So much so that he practically launched launched himself off of Isaac's shoulder. The man's kimono was kind of a mess right now, but it was clear he was still kinda cold. Shrugging, Isaac offered him his jacket with a smile. "Welcome back, Master Flying Sword."[break][break]

Or was it a welcome back? Slashing and crashing followed the dream mists through the distance, growing closer and closer by the moment. Something was coming. Something big. Something fierce. Something angry. Finn stiffened up, his eyes and his resolve wavering in equal measure.[break][break]

He looked at to Isaac, unsure he was supposed to be. Isaac knew the answer all too clearly. He picked Finn's katana off of the ground, offering it to him with a mixture of unwavering confidence and solemn gravity. "Whatever's coming, we don't have much time," he warned. "But if the two of us work together, I know we'll be able to face it."[break][break]

"C'mon! Let's show this thing what we're made of!"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 10:54:18 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

As that slashing sound grew louder and closer, Finn could smell something change in the air. That burned, ionised odour triggered intense shock waves inside him, reminding him of that precise moment in that horror dimension - just a thread's width away from being stabbed and gutted. What would Finn say to Isaac? Run, I'll handle it- as he knew he should, even though his hands trembled and grew cold. He couldn't even protect his student. Useless, lousy Finn grew slack and shivered.

Yet, even though Finn's faith in himself slipped through his fingers like water, Isaac still looked at him like he mattered. He offered Finn's sword to him, and Finn thought he saw a glimpse of a confident, bracing smile. Finn's brow trembled. This offer of facing his fears together rolled about in his mind.

Finn gripped onto his sword's handle and onto Isaac's arm, pushing himself up on his feet. His palms remembered how they fit into the grooves of his katana's hilt and that familiarity helped him feel the ground beneath his feet, the fire in his gut.

Finn cared so much for Isaac. He treasured how willing he was to sit with him in his pain, and even fight alongside him against this threat. Isaac give him the courage to do what he needed to do as his teacher.

Finn's grip tightened on his katana as he turned his focus to the trees.

"Run, Isaac. I'll take it from here."

The trees parted with a flash of pink. Out from its smouldering remains stepped a robot soldier that looked a Gallade out of infernal steel. Its eyes blinked with cold, inhuman cruelty.

Finn and the creature exchanged glances, as if in some perverted ritual of sportsmanship before a duel. And then, like lightning, the Iron Valiant lashed forward.

"GO!" Finn slammed his back into Isaac, shoving him towards the glade's exit, drawing his sword to his face just in time to block the Iron Valiant's attack. With a bitter grunt, Finn parried off its slash and kicked into a bush. He panted. The Iron Valiant did not stay there for long. Finn's Decidueye met him in the shadows, her ghostly presence deepening the darkness as she brought the force of the night down on her foe.

Finn needed to defend Isaac. He needed to do what was right, or die fighting.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 15:09:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oh no you don't!"[break][break]

Even as the force of Finn's shove sent Isaac stumbling away, his will and his stance held firm in equal measure. While he took a few steps back to let him work, he wasn't leaving. Not after everything this entire rollercoaster of a night had put the two of them through.[break][break]

"When I said I'm not gonna leave you, I meant it. And that doesn't just go for the bad times. It goes for the good times, too." To only show up when Finn was at his lowest was just as fair weather as only sticking around for his successes. Unity meant unity; the good, the bad, the ugly, and all those uncertainties in between.[break][break]

Ghastly blue flame erupted from around Regulus' blades. The Ceruledge sank into a fighting stance, disdain smoldering like dying embers in his eyes. However, before he could show this Iron Valiant what he thought of it, Isaac held out a hand to keep him back.[break][break]

It was a precious balance to strike. Isaac refused to steal Finn's valor, but he also refused to abandon him to a potential death. He was the ace in the hole. He was the scale tipper. But until that moment was needed, this wasn't his battle to fight.[break][break]

"And that means sticking around to see you kick this wannabe's ass!"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 6:35:31 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Ying, Finn's Decidueye, split her form. Her feathered cape burst open, melting into a wave of shadow that swarmed the Iron Valiant in a ghastly wind. Finn watched on, his shoulders tense and his brow tight. Would Ying manage to wear down his robot foe?

A flash of pink sliced the dark vortex open, flinging Ying onto the ground. The Iron Valiant emerged unscathed, its steel skin catching the moonlight in a sinister but beautiful way. It held something new in its hands - it had combined its forearm blades into a single deadly sword. Finn swore. In his current state, he couldn't fight and look out for Isaac at the same time!

As Iron Valiant rushed at Finn again, the human swords-wielder flashed Isaac a hot frustrated look before meeting Iron Valiant's sword with his own. Finn struggled badly against his foe as pink sparks roared where their blades met. Its eyes just stared on unfeelingly as it pressed against Finn with alien strength. Finn roared as he dug his feet into the soil and his arms quivered. But as the Iron Valiant's eyes glowed robot red, Finn's gut glowed a hot gold, not because of who his enemy was but because of who stood behind him.

Finn would defend Isaac, that earnest fool, with everything he had.

And if Isaac wanted to stay around...

"Isaac, make yourself useful! Take him from the side!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 16:52:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Now that was what Isaac wanted to hear.[break][break]

A grin spread across his face as he cracked a second Pokeball against the ground. Rather than the expected Luck & Pluck, a smaller set of blood-red blades emerged. Gram, the venerable blade's pupil, had come out to play.[break][break]

Regulus hissed jealously at the inclusion, but Isaac simply shot him a smile. "You didn't think I'd stand back and let you have all the fun, did you?" he asked. "C'mon. We're fighting this together."[break][break]

Together. That idea earned a satisfied hiss of smoke from the Ceruledge. He tore off towards the Iron Valiant's right flank like a bat out of hell. Isaac and Garm followed suit, stopping in the shadow of his left side. The two sank into matching fighting stances as they arrived, blades wound back and crackling with spectral energy.[break][break]

Time was of the essence, and the line Finn held gave them a bounty. Nodding once towards each other, Isaac and Regulus swung their blades in sync. One blade they kept close, raised defensively in case they needed to parry an incoming blow. The other lit up with a vicious power, each Psycho Cut on target to collide with one of the Iron Valiant's sides. Regulus struck higher, aiming for a solid blow to the waist, while Isaac released his hold on Garm so the Doublade could instead swing for the ankles.[break][break]

For a brief, beautiful moment, Pokemon and trainer seemed to be moving in perfect sync.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Drowning sorrows (M)
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 1:08:28 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn roared. The cyborg was strong, and he could feel its inhuman might pressing down on his sword. The point where their blades met was so hot it felt like it could spark. With a grunt, Finn squeezed all his might onwards, and sighed in relief when Isaac finally joined the fold.

Isaac's Doublade landed a few psychic strikes on the Iron Valiant, sending it flying into a pile of fallen trees. Finn sucked air and wheezed. Fighting with sake in his blood was like sparring with leaden gloves. He hated that he wasn't at his best - but at least he wasn't alone.

"Took you long enough!" Finn swore in Isaac's general direction, but underneath his grit and fatigue was a smile. Isaac's presence gave him confidence and a reason to fight.

A whir and beep came from the crash site - Iron Valiant seemed to be rebooting. Finn wiped the sweat off his brow and shook the liquor out of his brain. That Psycho Cut hit much harder than he thought it should...

Ding ding ding! "It's Fighting-type!"

Ying (Finn's Decidueye) nodded. She could take it from here. Melting into the night air, Ying darted from tree to tree, sliding between shadows, spreading out above Iron Valiant like a dark terror and raining down jabs onto its metal armour. Ying used Pluck! She got in a few good hits - but then, Iron Valiant's systems came back online.

Faster than firing synapses, Iron Valiant's Shadow Sneaked up from the ground and caught Ying mid-strike.

Ying's body cracked down on the grass.

"No!" Finn roared. The robot demon was strong. Alarmed, he looked to Isaac to see if he could help.