awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Thicker than Blood
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 0:22:44 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
Slateport City's Upper District held many things; fine dining establishments, malls, museums, businesses galore. Yet the only particular one that held her interest had been Akura Inc; a business she'd once aspired to lead, but had fallen short of when her brother was put in charge. She'd been salty about it once. Now she only blessed the decision, for had done a far better job in helming it than she ever would've.

She'd found her freedom -mismaked as it had been- elsewhere. Clan Black knew little of what had befallen her, safe for the information she did let on. Architecture. The occassional letter home; a video call on even rarer occassions. Kyrenai knew she'd only returned home once or twice during the holidays in all those years, and even then she'd barely stayed longer than a handful of days.

But now, with recent relevations, she yearned to find them again. To reignite the fires of kinship she'd almost snuffed out. Gabriel Black was not aware of her plans to visit Akura Inc. His staff severely unprepared for the verbal onslaught; her tongue just as sharp as the blade she often wielded.

How dared they make her wait? Did they even know who she was?

Oh, the shocked look on the woman's face when she realised who exactly she was talking to. Priceless.

It'd only taken her a moment of confusion to slip past the pristine entrance and into the building, swapping elegance and professionalism for monotone walls of even more monotone halls. Once she'd ventured down to the lower levels, they'd stretched far and beyond. And now she was just wandering about.

Flicking her phone out of her jacket, she quickly composes a message and presses [send] before pocketing the device again.

"Hey Gabe, you should honestly do something about the staff manning the front desk. Poor girl scares far too easily."

Wonder how long it would take for them to pinpoint her location... but knowing her brother, he'd probably already be aware of her presence. Well, not that she was actually bothering with sneaking around now she was in. She wanted him to know. If only to get under his skin for a little bit; for old time's sake.

Now... where was her older brother hiding?

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
Thicker than Blood
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 21:58:38 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]S.A.M. his Rotom alerted him to the message. A flicker of an indiscernible emotion passed along the sharp lines and edges of his face, but it was soon buried beneath an iron-clad will. In mere moments the giant of a man had not only located his half-sister, but was actively making his way down the hall to her.
[break][break]
Two lions flank the man as he makes his way down the hall. Their tails flick lazily while the eyes of a predator carry to every inch. Inevitably they land on as they sense the rich blood of Clan Black, turning their attention elsewhere in disinterest moments later.
[break][break]
They shared the same air of dismissal as their master.
[break][break]
"Kyrenai," Gabriel says, his voice devoid of inflection. "The last time you bothered my staff I was court-ordered to pay for their psychiatric fees." His eyebrow raises. "Why are you here?"

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #b75d5d; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Thicker than Blood
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 18:58:46 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
"I can't help it your staff lacks the backbone to stand up to people not meant to venture beyond certain points." she shrugged, paying the two Pyroar just as much attention as they paid her. "Besides, I paid you back for that. No point crying over spilt milk, or secretary tears." She should've felt bad for the poor woman, and she had significantly piped things down this time around, but if they expected her to show clemency for something this trivial Kyrenai had definitely picked the wrong profession.

Ironic be it however, that despite her emotions being anchored away somewhere, Gabriel's indifference somehow did hurt her. A little. Not that she showed it, but then again she hadn't quite expected a warm family welcome when she got here. Perhaps that was not quite what Clan Black was about these days anyways… or any day, for that matter.

"And what, can't a woman just be here to see her favorite sibling? Oh how you wound me, brother," she replied in the most theatrical sense of mock offense one could possibly muster, hand flitting to her chest.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights