february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Team Work Makes the Dream Work [M/O]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 5:36:49 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER
[attr="class","setting"]

So he wasn’t exactly sure how he had been tasked with doing this. Apparently he was supposed to clean up around the place without overexerting himself. Which was easier said than done. Considering he was to box up some of the stuff they didn’t regularly use and put it up in the attic. Which was undoubtedly filled with dust. He wondered if his sibling had thought about that little detail before telling him to do this since apparently they would be busy.
[break][break]
Luckily he had gotten a heads up about cleaning and had planned accordingly. Doubting he would be able to accomplish the task himself he had sent out a request of aid. He had looked at the computer a few hours ago to see that someone would be over to help. Hopefully they would be good at helping him out and could take the heavier boxes up to the attic.
[break][break]
Until the person arrived he would try to do what he could to help. Grabbing ahold of a box he thought he could move he tugged on the box trying to drag it towards the hallway, where the entrance to the attic was, only to lose his grip on the box and fall onto his rear panting. Okay so that box was definitely not going to be moved by him.
[break][break]
He was still trying to catch his breath when he heard a knock at the door. Figuring it was the person that was sent to help him clean he clambered to his feet and made his way to the door. Unlocking it he pulled open the door to greet the person on the other side. 

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes
[attr="class","pokeclass"]
[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 19:50:54 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Once the door flew open, the blonde on the other side raised his hand in a quick wave. While he had an open canned energy drink in one hand, he had another one sealed to which he figured at the very least, he could be polite and offer it out to the stranger who made the bold decision to invite yet another stranger into their home. This felt like the start to some true crime podcast, but Sven didn't have the brainpower to truly register any threat. Nor did the young man on the other side of the door look dangerous to begin with. He tucked the full can in his arm and held a fist out for a fist bump.

"Yo!" he greeted. "Flavor's fruit punch, by the way. If you don't want it, I'll just keep it for later."

With that said, the blonde tilted his head back and began to nothing short of chug the rest of his drink. While the bags under his eyes remained heavy from poor sleeping habits, his pupils dilated just enough to show that the drink had begun to hit. The trainer crushed the now empty can against his head and made his way in. A quaint little house. It didn't look messy, but that came from a young man who lived in an apartment with wires tangled everywhere mixed with half empty cans of monster, fast food wrappers, and even some clothes lying around. He glanced around and held up the crushed and empty can.

"You recycle or can I just toss this?" he asked before he grumbled. "Bah, nevermind, let's get going on this!"

Ever the one track mind, Sven sat the crushed can on the counter and decided to peer in. He had no sense of personal boundaries, unfortunate to Absalom. Without another thought he walked in and looked around. Thankfully he had some breathable clothes on with the choice of a t-shirt with some goofy graphic design and basketball shorts. Sven punched the palm of his hand to show he was ready to get going.

"Just point me where to go with this stuff and I got it!" he beamed. "Pleased to meet you, by the way. Name's Sven."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 21:11:17 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

When the door opened he was met with a young blond haired male that seemed to be in his early twenties. In one hand he seemed to be holding an energy drink. Which weren’t exactly healthy. But it wasn’t really his place to worry about someone’s health choices even if they looked like they hadn’t slept in about a week.
[break][break]
The older male stuck out his fist for a fist bump. It wasn’t something he normally did but not being the type to leave someone hanging he bumped his fist against the older males. Before he could get up the nerve to say something the older male beat him to it by offering him an energy drink.
[break][break]
”No thank you,” he politely declined the energy drink. He already had enough problems health wise without adding what he put into his body. Speaking of which he might have to take his medicine. He was sure he might end up pushing himself too hard, his hard working ethic usually made him go too far.
[break][break]
Having never really interacted with anyone outside his family. Especially not where he lived. It didn’t occur to him that the polite thing to do would be to invite him in. That it was actually pretty impolite to just have him standing around outside.
[break][break]
It took the older male brushing past him after chugging the rest his energy to realized he probably should’ve already invited him in. Flushing a bit in embarrassment he followed the older male inside closing the door behind them. ”Just leave it anywhere I’ll deal with it later,” he told the older male as he put the crushed can on the side table that was pushed up against the wall.
[break][break]
”It’s to go into the attic,” he commented upon hearing the older males proclamation. ”Likewise Mr. Sven, My name’s Absalom but Axel works just as well.”[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + unless told otherwise he’ll call him mr
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 21:41:42 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"Sounds good!"

The fact the kid didn't want the energy drink didn't surprise him, but he figured the best he could do was at least offer. Sven stuck the drink into his back pocket and staggered his feet a little before he bent down to grab one of the boxes. While he maintained a decent grip on it, he did feel a moment of surprise wash over him, which caused his knees to lock as he made sure the box didn't slip from his grasp. He shot Absalom a lopsided grin and spoke up again.

"Mr. Sven? Just call me Sven. Mr. Sven's my dad's name."

That wasn't how it actually worked, especially given the fact his father's name was Erik. He awkwardly balanced the box on his thigh as he reached for what he assumed was the attic door. He felt his way through the darkness until he managed to feel a lightswitch. Once he managed that, Sven picked the box back up and slowly ascended the stairs, careful not to do much harm to his back. Once he made it onto flat ground once more, he found a place to put the box and looked around. Was Axel sure he wanted things up here? It looked a little dusty. As he turned around, he came face to face with a wild Spinarak that had descended its way from the ceiling. Rather than scream like any sensible person would, Sven dipped his head down and allowed the arachnid-like pokemon to take a spot on his head.

He gave the green spider a gentle pat to show he meant well. In the meantime, he figured he'd crack a window so they could get some air circulating in the attic. They'd be up there a bit probably. Soon enough, he turned to descend the stairs once more and get another box. But before he completely made his way down, he figured he'd give the kid downstairs a warning. After all, some people weren't fans of bug pokemon.

"Hey buddy, I found a Spinarak up there. Pretty sure it's wild. Want me to take it outside? It's just chillin' right now."

When he said that, he peeked his head out to show Absalom exactly what he meant with the wild Spinarak that sat atop his head, surprisingly obedient for being a wild pokemon.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 23:41:43 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

Hearing his response he couldn’t help but raise a brow. He thought of saying something since something didn’t seem right about what he said but he chose to just shrug instead. ”Very well, to me you’ll just be Sven than,” he stated. It would take some getting use to since he been raised how to properly address adults from his parents even though he hadn’t interacted with anyone outside his family until he had come to Hoenn.
[break][break]
While the older male took the first few boxes up into the attack he looked around for a bandana. He was sure he had one. Oh right the last he had seen it was on the dresser in his room. He was sure if he covered his mouth with the bandana he would be fine. Because even if they opened a window it would take a bit to filter out the dust.
[break][break]
Seeing his Mirage enter he addressed the Zoroark. ”Mirage go get the bandana from my dresser,” he said waiting until Mirage had left to do what he was told before turning his head towards the attic when he heard Sven starting to come down. ’A Spinarak,’ he thought, pondering how it had gotten up there. Must have been longer than he thought since it had been cleaned up.
[break][break]
Before he could respond he noticed movement from his peripheral vision and caught Royal mid leap. ”Royal, I know you want to play around with the Spinarak, but you can’t,” he scolded the Glameow after regaining his balance from catching the feline pokemon. He couldn’t be more grateful that Royal was only a Glameow because he definitely wouldn’t have been able to pull that off if he was a Purugly.
[break][break]
”Go ahead and put the Spinarak outside,” he told the older male as Mirage returned with the bandana reminded him of the fact the attic was probably dusty. ”Hey is the attic terribly dusty,” he inquired as he set Royal down once he was sure he wouldn’t stir up more trouble.
[break][break]
”Mirage keep an eye on Royal while we work,” he told the strangely colored Zoroark. Without that said he moved over to grab a smaller box after getting the bandana from Mirage. [break]

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 0:59:26 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"Yeah it's kinda dusty up there. Guess it comes with the dirt. Plenty of webs up there, too. So if you can get us some rags and brooms, I don't mind getting it tidied up!"

With the suggestion to go let the wild Spinarak back into the outside, Sven excused himself and walked until he was closer to some trees. It took some prying, but he eventually got the arachnid pokemon out of his hair and placed it on one of the trees. He couldn't help but give it another pat to encourage it to go be with the rest of its kind.

"See ya, little buddy."

Speaking of little buddies, he needed to get back to Axel's house so he could help him with more cleanup. Something told him if he didn't make the parting quick, the kid might try to do most of it himself. So without so much as another thought, Sven jogged back to the house and made sure to shut the door behind him. From there, he hurried up the steps to the attic once more. He'd taken note of the bandana that Absalom had his pokemon retrieve and opted not to pay it any mind. It was a good idea cause dust often made people sneeze.

Since Axel brought his pokemon out to play, Sven figured he'd bring out one of his to help with the cleaning. His Oshawott, Marco, stood front and center and readied to help use water to clean up. And that much it did. With a gentle stream of a Water Gun, the Oshawott began to spray the window and managed to knock down some webs that had formed about. As Oshawott did smaller tasks, Sven took a broom and began at one corner of the room.

"Sorry if this is out of pocket, but where's your family at? Shouldn't they be helping with this sorta stuff?"

He figured it was a safe topic to work with and get Axel to talk a bit more.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 15:53:41 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

Hearing what he said he nodded. He do so after taking this box up. Once he had gone outside he tied the bandana around the lower half of his face but made sure he could still breathe before heading into the attic with box in arms. After placing the box down and out of the way he headed back down and got the broom and dustpan as well as a few rags before heading back up. They would probably need pledge and window cleaner as well so he went to get those as well.
[break][break]
On his third trip he was starting to get worn out so he sat down to rest once he got into the attic. His face was probably a bit paler now which was probably saying something since he was already pretty pale. Hearing the older male returning he stood back out so he was standing with Sven made his reappearance.
[break][break]
Since he didn’t see the Spinarak he supposed he had been successful in setting the bug free. He watched curiously as the young man took out a pokeball and released a Oshawatt. ”One of the Unova starters. Are you from Unova?” he inquired still eying the water type with curiosity.
[break][break]
Just because he favored normal types didn’t mean he wasn’t curious about Pokémon outside of normal types. Especially if it was a type he had never seen in person before like Oshawott. He had only seen it in some of the books his father kept since he had traveled to other regions and done research on Pokémon from other regions.
[break][break]
Hearing the older males question he decided how best to answer. He supposed the truth wouldn’t hurt. ”My sister claimed to be busy and the rest of my family is back in Malie City. My parents allowed my sister to take me with her when she decided to come to Hoenn,” he explained, feeling that he could trust him. He didn’t seem like a threat.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + got tired of calling his sibling sibling
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 17:25:35 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
As though shocked it had been perceived, his Oshawott scuttled behind his leg. Sven laughed as he reached down and stroked the top of the water-type's head and assured the little otter-like pokemon that things would be alright. The kid didn't pose a threat and Oshawott had no need to be scared. For a moment, the creature hesitated before it stepped out and gave an awkward yet proud pose.

"Nah, I did live in Unova a bit! Where I found this little dude. I was born in Orre but my family moved around. A lot actually. Guess you could call us a buncha hippies. I'm a child of the world, as they liked to say, gotta get out and see it."

Though when it came to Axel's explanation of his own family, he seemed a little puzzled. So his sister brought him along from Alola and decided she was too busy to clean her house? Sven could sort of understand being busy, but he'd never shove the whole job onto someone else. And with how pale Absalom looked, he figured that maybe the boy needed a moment to rest.

"Well how about you take a break and leave the cleaning to me, yeah? You're lookin' a little sick, everything alright?"

For a moment, he felt a little concerned as to whether or not he needed to get anything for the teen. Water maybe? Any sort of medicine? If the latter were the case, he hoped Axel could let him know where it was cause he didn't want to dig around someone else's personal items.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 22:02:47 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

The Oshawott hid behind Sven. It didn’t take long for Sven to convince the water type he meant no harm. Having never met an Oshawott before he wondered if it was normal for them to be bashful. He knew all Pokémon had different types of natures so he figured it was just this one.
[break][break]
He blinked as he mentioned where he had been born. It wasn’t a place he had ever hard of before. But then again it wasn’t like he had spent a lot of time pouring over maps. All that would’ve accomplished was remind him he was stuck where he was. But he didn’t think he had ever heard his father mention any place with that name, when he had spoken of his travels.
[break][break]
”That must’ve been nice being able to go place to place. I was lucky that my parents allowed for me to come here as it is. I wish I could’ve traveled a bit though,” he said a note of wistfulness in his tone. Sure he understood that with his health it would’ve be hard but that hadn’t stopped him from wishing for it.
[break][break]
He then went to explain about his own family. He could tell that the other male was troubled about something in regards to what he had said but before he could inquire what the problem was the older male putting out how he looked. His cheeks heated up in embarrassment, wishing it wasn’t so obvious he didn’t have the best health.
[break][break]
”I have underdeveloped lungs from being born prematurely. Going up and down the attic stairs was more taxing than I thought it would be,” he explained, sure it was because he had to focus on not falling down the stairs than his breathing. It definitely wasn’t like when he would ride Mirage, probably because she helped limit how much energy he used.[break]

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 18:20:25 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Man it was kind of heartbreaking to hear Axel say that it was a wonder that he could even move here. Sven frowned in a way that didn't reflect any sort of patronage, but rather in a way that he could sort of understand where the poor kid came from. There were times when he was younger he wished he could have just stayed. But to his family, there was no such thing as the perfect home. That meant constant uprooting every year or so. But Absalom had his own troubles. He could only assume most of them were the fact he was trapped living in a bubble due to his medical diagnosis. With weak lungs, no wonder he needed to have someone help him clean.

"Gotcha, don't worry, take the time you need and have a sit for a bit. Once you can muster the strength, hop back up and we can both tackle this."

He didn't want to demean the boy by telling him to rest while he did all the work. So rather, Sven used a dusting rag to wipe off what seemed to be the top side of an old television and plopped down on the back of it. He took his other energy drink and sat it down beside the tv and gave the boy a quick up and down as he pondered in his own thoughts.

"Well, your parents let you move here with your sister, right? What if there's a way she can take you along to see some of the sights this world has to offer? There's plenty of it out there and I'm sure you've got plenty of life left to live. I get your parents worry about your condition, but maybe they need to let you go to see the world. You're not gonna be young forever. And even if your lungs worsen, don't you think you want to live life to its fullest before you can't live anymore?"

Maybe Sven looked past the fact that Axel wanted to see the outside world. Wanting and doing to him, however, were two very different things. Sure, it was egregious to disrespect one's elders, but sometimes it was necessary to think of one's self, otherwise they'd live an unfulfilled life. Though it wasn't long until Sven beamed.

"Basically what I'm sayin' is see if your sister can sneak you out to go somewhere. It's not like your parents would know, they're not even here. It might not be ideal, but I promise once you see what the world has to offer, you'll want to see more and do more."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 16:29:29 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

The stubborn side of him didn’t want to rest. But the more rational side of him knew he needed to. Definitely didn’t want to explain while pushing himself so hard would have him react in the way he did. Besides while the older male did seem concerned about him he wasn’t trying to smother him like his parents did, he didn’t want that to change.
[break][break]
He decided a bit of a break wouldn’t hurt. It wasn’t like cleaning would go anywhere. If Sven had insisted on doing everything himself Axel would’ve insisted on pushing on then and there, at the risk of his own health. So the older male not completely dismissing his aid was the right move to make.
[break][break]
”Hopefully won’t take to long,” he said glancing over at his Pokémon to make sure Mirage wasn’t having trouble keeping Royal out of trouble. Luckily Royal was only practicing his pounces with Mirage keeping a close eye on him to ensure he didn’t do anymore than that.
[break][break]
Seeing the other sit down he sat down in the place he had been sitting down at before. While the man older male spoke he noticed Mirage and Royal leave from his peripheral vision. He wasn’t to worried though knowing they would be back. Knocking Mirage he had gone to get something that would help with his condition, probably his medicine.
[break][break]
”I would have to see if my sister would up for that. Contrary to belief she’s protective over me. She just knows that I hated how our parents fretted over me, so she struggles with just how much space and freedom she should give me. I’ve also been told I act order then I am and can be fairly independent, so it can be easy to forget that I don’t have the best health,” he explained.
[break][break]
He was unsure his sister would risk their parents being disappointed in her if they ever did find out. ”I think my sister updates them on how we’re holding up. But considering they haven’t dragged me back yet she must not tell them everything,” he said looking thoughtful.
[break][break]
After all Hoenn wasn’t exactly safe with team rocket being here. And because of that there was conflict here.[break]

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 13:16:24 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
So in a sense, it sounded like the sister let Absalom actually live a normal life for once. He couldn't help but grin at the thought of that. It was nice to know he had some freedom in his life. Though thankfully his pokemon were there to make sure he didn't overexert himself. Sven stretched back and cracked his back a bit. He supposed that despite how rough Hoenn had managed to get, it wasn't any better nor was it worse than any other region. It just seemed calamity reared its head more often than not here. Even if Axel's health happened to be stable, there's still the environmental aspect of worry. After all, he was young and it was only natural his parents worry.

"Makes sense, hopefully it stays that way. You look happy having a little freedom, my guy."

Sven flashed a grin that followed his words. Had they spent enough time talking? He thought so. It wasn't long until he grabbed his remaining energy drink and began to chug it. It'd help him get an energy boost to power through the rest of their cleaning. It took hardly any time for him to down the can and hop back up to his feet. A broom and dustpan found their way into his hands and he began to sweep the floors while his Oshawott held onto the dustpan to scoop things up. The dust and dirt they managed to sweep up found its way into a trash bag, leaving Sven to continue his cleanup.

"Since I've got the floor tidied up, if you wanna push those boxes, they should slide with ease now."

He didn't want to make Axel feel discluded with the work, ergo he figured he'd give the boy something to do in which if need be, his pokemon could help out. Thankfully it didn't seem like it would be much longer until they finished up. The attic already looked better than it had been as Sven continued to brush down any stray webs left by the Spinarak that had taken refuge in the attic.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 3:34:01 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

”Oh yeah I am,” he agreed quickly before realizing how that might sound. ”Not that I don’t love my parents. They just couldn’t see past my condition, only seeing me as frail,” he explained frowning slightly. And while his sister was definitely protective over him it wasn’t to the point of being extreme like it was with his parents.
[break][break]
He watched as the young man chugged the second energy drink. ”You know those things aren’t exactly good for you right?” he inquired clearly referring to the energy drinks. Sure they weren’t as bad as cigarettes or an excessive amount of alcohol but it still wasn’t good for a person to drink energy drinks. He knew it messed up people’s sleep cycle and not getting enough sleep could be harmful for a person.
[break][break]
The teen didn’t get up just yet only watching as Sven got up and started sweeping the floor. Hearing what he said he said he nodded but didn’t get up until Mirage and Royal had returned. Taking the container from Mirage he moved over to some of the boxes and started to push the boxes that had been indicated, Mirage helping him to the best of his ability.
[break][break]
Doing this made him wonder how people did this for a living. ”I don’t know how people do this for a living,” he muttered as he made sure boxes weren’t in the path anyone would walk in.[break]

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 22:06:41 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Axel's words were met with a shrug. Sure, energy drinks weren't good for people. But honestly, what was good for people nowadays? Just breathing the air outside was laced with carcinogens of all kinds. Sure, Sven had the downsides of chugging drinks like that, but they helped him out for the most part so he could stand the caffeine-induced panic attack that came and went.

"I get it, but really what isn't bad for you nowadays?" he insisted. "Though I appreciate the concern, really!"

Sven pulled a headband out of his pocket and stretched it out to place it over his head to keep his hair out of his face. After he did that, the blonde quickly moved to dusting above and around the woodwork. While he didn't put much fuss into his own living quarters, he did know how to clean quite well. Once he got the top part of the woodwork around the window, he hopped down from the windowsill and began to work his way down. The only thing that stopped him was the spritz of water his Oshawott spit in his face. It was the creature's way of telling him that his face was dirty. All he could do was give a laugh. He hadn't even realized that Axel and his pokemon were there hauling some of the boxes.

"I think a lot of it is due to the way folks get used to it. I haul around a lot of equipment myself so I'm kind of used to heavier things."

Sure, he didn't look like it, but he could lift a surprising amount for his slim stature. He even threw in a quick flex of his right arm to emphasize his words. Now that the woodwork was cleaned, all that Sven could think there was left to do was to maybe polish the attic floors a bit to really get the dust out.

"Speaking of which, if you want, I can hold those boxes if you guys can scrub under them. Want to make sure this place is in top tier quality!"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 18:33:30 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

He supposed had a point. Nowadays it seemed the less healthy thing for people was food. There was so many unhealthy foods. But there were unrelated food health risk as well. Depending on where someone was just breathing the air could be hazardous to someone’s health. There was a reason his sister had decided to move them to Verdanturf after all.
[break][break]
”I suppose you have a point. And maybe I’m just saying that because my health is bad to begin with. And I don’t need to go out of my way to make it worse. Which is why I watch what I put in my body. That and my family would be disappointed if I didn’t take care of myself,” he said with a small shrug.
[break][break]
While Sven took care of the dusting he moved some boxes. He supposed later on he would look through some of them. The ones that had been here before today might have some important items in them. Things that might’ve been put up here by mistake.
[break][break]
Hearing his comment he frowned. ”I’m not physically strong. With exercise it’s to easy to overexert myself. Surprisingly enough riding Mirage doesn’t put that much strain on my body. It’s less taxing to ride him than it is to walk everywhere,” he explained as he moved the last box out of the way.
[break][break]
Now that he was done with that he turned to face the older male. At some point the older male has acquired a headband. Figuring it was being used to keep his hair out of his eyes he didn’t comment on the new accessory item. Besides talking fashion had never really interested him.
[break][break]
Soon enough Sven had finished with the wood work and he nodded. Once he had lifted the boxes he would use a some wood polish and a cloth to polish the wood. Hopefully it would stay dust free longer with the wood polish meaning it would hopefully stay cleaner as well.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]