Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 2:30:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"My thoughts exactly." Truth be told, Isaac was a softie at heart. Scaring away a few weak Pokemon was one thing. A knock-down, drag-out brawl with a notoriously die-hard Pokemon species was another story entirely. He could chase it away or knock it out. Later, maybe he'd have to. But why spoil for a fight that wasn't needed?[break][break]

He climbed up the ladder to the treehouse with surprising speed. His lean frame belied his surprising strength, built from a year's worth of life-or-death situations, two different forms of combat practice, and plenty of training with his Pokemon. In moments, he was up the treehouse, taking a peek into one of the windows while he was there.

"It's . . . quiet?" Isaac said, visibly confused. "And dark. But it's not a big treehouse, either. Shouldn't take us too long to do a quick sweep to make sure. And hey, check it out!"[break][break]

A large basket and a pulley. Perfect! Isaac lowered it down, Ivan quickly speeding on top of it. He was the test run, and it proved successful. Before long, there was a merry Jolteon standing atop the treehouse's base, prancing back and forth. "Good job, Ivan," he said, rewarding his Jolteon with another scritch.[break][break]

"You can send your Zweillous up here," he said to Naia, nodding his head over towards the lift. "I'll pull him up while you climb, okay?" Sure, a Zweillous was a lot heavier than a scrawny little Jolteon, but it was fine. Isaac had this, no doubt.[break][break]

Once they were there, they'd surely face their hardest tribulation yet.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 4:03:16 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","postwrap naia"]

[attr="class","postpoke"]

[attr="class","postflower"]
[attr="class","postquote"]
No Rest for the Wicked
[attr="class","postnotes"][break]
[break][break]NOTES:[break][break][break][break]

- - -

[attr="class","posttext"]

At least she didn't have to kill anything today.

[break][break]She also didn't have to worry about making much noise, the pace at which she moved at was slow enough that her walking was practically muted. Her eyes were trying to fix onto Isaac however as he climbed up the tree house she needed to lift her head, there was a sense of lightness with her movement. It felt almost too fluid by any standard and that was because it wasn't just her head tilting back but her entire body.

[break][break]Unlike last time she managed to stumble backwards and regain her balance once more, her foot bumping into a piece of food that was scattered across the ground. Oh right, Zwei.. He must have been standing on the outer edge waiting for Naia to return.. but she couldn't afford to bring him where in this zone.

[break][break]Zweilous, especially her own have serious hunger aggression. The moment they catch a sight of all this food they will stop at nothing to finish it all, even if it means growing at snapping at each other. They weren't the quietest of eaters.

[break][break]"... And hey, check it out!"

[break][break]This entire time Isaac must have been speaking, and seeing how he was able to explore and bring out something like this must have meant it was safe for now. Her urgent desire to go and find her Zweilous was interrupted with the sight of his Pokémon getting inside of the bucket. She wasn't going to fall for it a second time when it came to watching it climb up, but seeing how there was no flatted Pokémon afterwards it meant it worked.

[break][break]"You can send your Zweillous up here, I'll pull him up while you climb, okay?"

[break][break]"There's no need... I'll just.. uh.. resummon him up there.."

[break][break]Her speech was almost slurred, but it seemed that everything was coming together nicely, and that climb didn't look too bad. Thankfully she didn't need to completely return into the bush to go and get her Pokémon back, he had been impatiently inching forward and when they both caught the site of her begun to make their charge. with just a click of a button that charge would disappear in a red light and a sigh was left in it's silence.

[break][break]Yelling up at Isaac was wasting too much energy, and she needed every once of it if she wanted to scale this ladder. Placing her Espurr into the bucket instead of her Zweilous, Naia would start her ascent up the ladder. At first it wasn't too terribly hard, every couple of steps she'd find herself slumping against it and resting her forehead on the next rung. Though if she was being fair to herself even without being tired her fitness level was no where near what it needed to be for running, climbing and fighting. This just was rubbing salt in the wound.

[break][break]It was miserable, when she was able to finally see the entrance, Naia just gave up right there. Half of her body was on the treehouse while her feet lazily stayed on the rungs. Heavy and upset sighs and pants were the only words that left her frame, her heart was erupting out of her chest, and her lungs felt like they were struggling, again that suffocating feeling returned but two times fold.

[break][break]She gave herself an attempt at giving herself the last push, her upper body going limp, strangely she was extremely comfortable in this position. So much so she could just give in and sleep like this, but anyone with half a mind would know that this was extremely dangerous and she needed to get up now if she didn't want that to be a reality. So, in a silent plea she'd lift both of her hands up, still leaving her head down on the ground; hoping Isaac would get the message to pull her up the rest of the way.

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","posttags"][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","postcredit"]
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=".naia"] --accent:#59709A!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap table] width:100%; min-height:591px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap td]box-sizing:border-box;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext break] text-indent: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext b] color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext i] color:var(--accent); opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit a]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 5:13:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]". . . Right. We can do that." After sounding confident and in control for this entire operation, was that a touch of bashfulness creeping into his voice? Regardless, with Zwei accounted for, Isaac was easily able to hoist Vivi and the Espurr up instead.[break][break]

As he pulled, he briefly wondered why such an elevator had even been installed in the first place. Did the owner of this base not have any Pokeballs? Or were they the type who couldn't bear to be separated from their partner, even across the briefest of moments? It was a sweet mental image.[break][break]

Remembering why he was here, Isaac hoped this base was deemed beneath Rocket's notice.[break][break]

Heavy breathing snapped Isaac out of his reverie. Naia had made it up the ladder, but while her body won the battle it lost the war. She dangled there at the edge of the ladder, feet braced on the ropes and hands held high to the sky. For a second, she looked less like a member of a terrorist cell and more like a child being begged to be picked up.[break][break]

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," Isaac said, briefly thanking his lucky stars that he was on this mission instead of one of Rocket's harsher commanders. He took Naia's hands in his, gently yet firmly pulling back to help her move her way up the ladder. "C'mon now . . . lets get you up . . "[break][break]

Frankly, he wouldn't be surprised if she just ended up stumbling into him. But if she did, at least he'd be ready to catch her.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 21:52:40 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

No Rest for the Wicked

- - -

She almost regret feeling the hands of her partner pull her up, for once she truly felt at peace with the world, her body screaming and pleading for a chance of rest. But the show much continue. At least that's what she kept telling herself, pushing herself more and more. With a stumble she managed to get onto her feet, in her mind she wanted to instantly pull up and compose herself but everything came out so delayed. In the few moments she used him as support, Naia has no thought of a filter just blurting out what came to mind.

[break][break]"You're really are as nice as Ashley.." It took a second of 's face popping up in her head, a hand reaching for her face to rub her tired eyes, ".. and just as sad."

[break][break]They both really were sad and Naia couldn't understand why, perhaps it really was just the guilt finally wearing on people. Just like how this day is wearing on her, already she expended so much of her energy, her closed eyes becoming ever so hard to open.

[break][break]"Why couldn't they have just installed an elevator..?"

[break][break]She only managed to get a half an eye open, the other eye being attacked by the back of her hand still, but even still she managed to make it inside of the base. The first thing she noticed was that it was really dark and with her dull and blurred vision made no different if her eyes were open or closed. What she did notice outside of her faulty vision was the sound, it was far too quiet to be a base that should have been over taken by Pokémon.

[break][break]Ah right. Zwei. Rummaging in her pocket, she'd eventually pull out a pokeball, casually letting out her biheaded Zwei free from it's imprisonment. Almost as if they continued where they left off, the two heads of the Pokémon begun to snuff and nuzzle their furry little heads into her face. One of them sneaking in a nip at her earlobe.

[break][break]"Ow..

[break][break]What went from cute cuddles instantly turned aggressive as the other head would growl and snap at the aggressor, and not wanting to be apart of their fight Naia would just take a step back, a hand holding her ear. She didn't need to see her hand to tell that there was blood from the way her fingers slid, but at least it wasn't a lot, she'd live.

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 22:40:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]If Naia was going to encounter anyone in Rocket, Isaac was glad it was . He was a genuinely good man, even as Rocket ate away at his resolve and broke his heart time and time again. He could keep an eye out for her, boost her spirits and shield her from the worst Rocket had to offer.[break][break]

He could do what Isaac had long given up on.[break][break]

Still, her word choice was curious. "Sad?" he repeated, a touch of confusion to his voice. "That's a new one." He'd leave it up to Naia whether she wanted to elaborate or not. He was her mission partner, not the grand high inquisitor.[break][break]

That meant keeping an eye out as they crept through the darkness, Ivan's electrified fur lighting up to provide what little vision they could get. This seemed to be a small, simple entryway, a living room where most anyone could come into the treehouse and enjoy some time to decompress. A few dusty beanbag chairs scattered around offered places to rest, while a shelf full of books and board games gave those visiting something to do. From here, there were doors to two other rooms. With how they were arranged, it seemed like the treehouse was built with a simple circular floorplan. Fancy.[break][break]

And now there was blood. Not fancy![break][break]

"Hey! No!" Isaac said as the two Zweillous started snapping, first at Naia and then at each other. "I've got food, but only if you settle down." There was particular emphasis on "food" and "settle down", hoping that the Zweillous would get the hint. Even a predator knew it was easier to be given food than to have to fight for it.[break][break]

"There's some beanbag chairs over there, and I've got a first aid kit. Get comfy and I can patch you up real quick." It was less a suggestion and more a command, a rare instance of Isaac pulling rank on his fellow Rocket. But who could blame him? Pokemon bites, especially from such messy carnivores, could get infected real fast.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 5:02:34 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

No Rest for the Wicked

- - -

"Hey! No!"

[break][break]Ah.. This was the first time they actually bit her, not that it was very surprising she knew from the way they treated each other one day she'll end up getting hurt, and despite their personality she knew it wasn't entirely on purpose. The creature itself was just desperate for survival, blind the only way they can perceive their world is through something nearly every creature take advantage of. They both want to become strong and powerful, two minds trapped in the body of one, both in fear that the other will starve them out.

[break][break]It why when food was offered they smarten up, laying down patiently despite looking the wrong direction, perhaps the echo of the room had confused the poor little guys. However the moment they smell the food, they'll know exactly where it is, that much was certain.

[break][break]But as Naia stood there a scary and real realization took over, she wasn't okay anymore. Her body in that moment felt nothing more like an empty husk, just like earlier her breathing felt like heavy chains dragging her consciousness deeper and deeper into her body. Her heartbeat raced as panic was starting to settle into her core, no matter how desperately she begged her body to move it didn't listen anymore. Not only did it not listen anymore, but the sensation of touch was fading away. She couldn't feel her feet, or really what her feet was doing anymore, but at least she didn't have to guess long.

[break][break]"Sorry..."

[break][break]She wanted to say more, explain more, but it was all she was able to muster. The hand that was held against her ear would sliding down into a drop as her world then tipped.

[break][break]Naia didn't even get to feel the drop.

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 14:49:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She didn't get to feel the drop. But she sure as hell wouldn't reach the end of it, either. Honed reflexes and a surge of adrenaline saw to that.[break][break]

Isaac may have been the shorter of the two by a good margin, but one didn't face the kinds of things he did without ending up decently strong. Catching Naia before she fell was the least he could do as the senior on this mission. He wanted to say something, anything, but it seemed like the girl was out like a light.[break][break]

Maybe it shouldn't have been a surprise. Between the shock of pain, and her clear fatigue throughout the job so far, Naia fainting was really less of an if and more of a when.[break][break]

There was hardly a better place to faint, either. The treehouse was empty so far. The beanbag chairs would give Naia a comfortable spot to rest and recharge. Two entrances and two Pokemon each meant two guards, just in case something was to go wrong.[break][break]

He brought Naia towards the beanbag chairs, gently nestling her into one so that she could sleep her shock off. He then took some jerky from his supply back, split it into two equal portions, and set each half before Zwei. So far, so good. He motioned for Ivam to guard one door and Vivi the other, leaving him free to keep an eye on the main entrance as he sat by Naia's side.[break][break]

A part of him wondered if he should say something. But for the time being, maybe she needed her rest.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 2:37:31 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

No Rest for the Wicked

- - -

At this point Jude hasn't left the bucket, instead the espurr choose to watch the scene unfold and then focused in all his attention on Isaac after he caught Naia. It's tiny little body eventually pulled itself up from his comfortable sit and took a step back, there it waited. One second then two. After it had come to some sort of decision or silent argument did the small fluff launch itself forward, knocking both it and the bucket over to ascertain it's freedom.

[break][break]He didn't need to move quickly since he know his owner wasn't in any sort of imminent thread, but the noise attracted the attention of Zweilous as they'd make their way over to the commotion. Heavy foot steps spelt the doom of Jude as he'd roll over and comedically place his hands upon his chest, it's eyes staring blankly up at the ceiling. Though a savor in the form of jerky arrived just in time!

[break][break]Even if in reality nothing would have happened otherwise

[break][break]The two heads of Zwei were far more interested in the smell of food, and despite the generosity of him splitting it into two portions; if Isaac didn't take his hand quick enough his fingers would have become a part of their vicious tussle. One head swooped down to try and bite at the other's food, resulting in a far more aggressive and howl of a growl far more primal than when they were dealing with Naia. For this fight they didn't just solely relied on their jaws but invited the use of their claws, rolling and viciously attacking till both pieces were eventually consumed.

[break][break]In a stark contrast Jude stayed silent on the ground, his undying gaze peering back to Isaac. It was just as he had finished sitting down did Jude lift it's little paws into the air, in a plea to be picked up from the ground. It's tiny paws opening and closing as it waited.

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 2:35:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]If Isaac wanted a chance to calmly, quietly tend to Naia, it was promptly snatched up like jerky in the jaws of a pair of apex predators. He'd barely been able to pull his hands back in time to avoid being caught in the feeding frenzy. He could only watch as his bribe backfired, the two Zweilous heads fighting more now than they ever had over Naia.[break][break]

Getting between the two would be suicide. Instead, Isaac sent out his Blastoise, Toto, who watched the two with careful, focused eyes. If things got out of hand, he would have knocked them out for their own good with an Aura Sphere. However, with the fight ending as their feeding frenzy did, there was no need for further intervention. Instead, a Life Dew at the end of their spat was able to heal them up to full strength.[break][break]

While Toto watched over them to ensure there was no further trouble, Isaac turned his attention to Jude. The poor little Espurr put his hands in the air in a plea for ups, and how could Isaac say no? He gingerly picked the Espurr up, laughing warmly all the while. "There ya go, little guy," he said, amazed at how calm the Pokemon was between its trainer passing out and its fellow Pokemon feuding with itself. "I think we all earned a bit of a break, yeah?"[break][break]

Naia was dozing off. Zwei was finally relaxing as they digested their jerky. Jude was being softly, safely held. Isaac's Pokemon may have been on sentry duty, but for a precious moment there was finally peace on the battlefield.[break][break]

What Isaac wouldn't give for it to last.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Party Crasher
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 21:38:12 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

No Rest for the Wicked

- - -

"Purr.."

[break][break]A soft little noise escaped the pokemon when he was picked up, nothing like an actual purr a cat would make, but instead just the word itself. It had no reason to be surprised by such a thing, since to Jude this wasn't the first time it had seen something like this. As for the Zweilous, they probably had no idea that their master was laying down and sleeping.

[break][break]Instead they were stuck in their own little world, the two headed beat now content that they have devoured all of the food and were magically healed up from their little scuffle. Satisfied they'd drop down into a sit, their front and back feet pulling into and underneath their form as they waited for more orders. It was pretty silent, and curious to see if they were left alone they begun to stretch and search around with their heads from their nice little spot in the corner.

[break][break]BAM!

[break][break]One of the heads would smack into the wall when it swung over too fast, giving a rather disgruntle growl and bark towards the attacker. But obviously it would never get a response back. As for the other side, Espurr was fairly content to be held again, it's body was completely limp as it trusted to be handled appropriately to keep itself up. Much like it's owner, energy and resources were recruited to be held for other important things, one of which was lightly patting it's paws on Isaac's arm.

[break][break]It was a rather rhythmic pat, when one hand went down the other would go up, if Isaac felt the need to really look into it he'd probably notice that it kept it to the exact second. One minute, then two, one would think that perhaps it was counting up but very soon Isaac would notice that it was actually counting down. Once five minutes was approaching, the little Espurr would stop it's tapping tilting it's head up at Isaac first.

[break][break]It didn't know if it was going to end up effecting him seeing how close he was, but it had a mission it needed to complete and Naia could deal with the consequences. Turning back over to face Naia, Isaac would see it's little ears press further down onto its head, the little Pokémon doing it's very best to hold itself back as much as possible before it's paws would reach out towards her. It needed a short moment or two to really concentrate on the level of physic energy it was going to blast to her, little tiny sparkles forming in it's paws before it launched towards her in a pulse.

[break][break]A crude yet effect way of instantly waking Naia up, however it had it's fair share of problems. First and fore most it was the initial pain that threw her into a panic, then followed by the disoriented and dizzy sensation plaguing her mind as it was getting overflooded. Her hand would shoot up to her head, squeezing it tightly as if she was trying to suppress a headache but it wouldn't stay there long since the spinning sensation would eventually overpower everything.

[break][break]And like a toddler who spun around for too long and tried to sit, Naia too eventually ended up rolling out of her seat, catching herself with one hand while the other moved to cover her mouth. Doing her best to fight every urge to not throw up, Naia found herself pressing her hand harder and harder into her mouth, gritting her teeth as she'd lower herself down from her hand to her elbow.

[break][break]After remembering that there were people around, and her Pokémon too she wanted them to know she was doing find, now doing her best to lift them a weak thumb up as the top of her head planted on the ground. Breath, she just needed to take in a few deep breaths, a little bit from her mouth, but all out from her nose. And after a few coughs ended up interrupting it, she'd eventually come back to reality.

[break][break]"Thanks as.. always.."

[break][break]She spoke up the moment her head released her mouth, the last word coming out more like an exhausted sigh rather than a word, as she'd then slowly lift herself into a sit on the floor. Her hands quickly went to wipe away any tears that were building up, her main focus being on the room and the area to see if everything was fine and they were safe.

[break][break]"H-How long was I asleep for..?"

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 22:40:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had been a lot of things in his life. A hero. A villain. A bystander. A friend. A brother. A lover. A rival. An enemy. A warrior. A thief. A caretaker. A trainer. But this may have been the first time in his life he had ever been a clock.[break][break]

Amusement at the cute little Espurr's antics gave way to confusion. Then, as he realized what the rhythmic precision of its paws represented, confusion gave way to approval. He smiled at the Espurr as it looked up his way, as if checking on him. "Do what you gotta, little dude," he said, motioning for it to get this party started.[break][break]

Much like every one of Naia's Pokemon, the answer ended up more than Isaac expected. The Espurr, holding back as much power as possible, basically tased the poor girl. Her eyes snapped open. Her body jolted. One hand clutched her head and the other tried to hold back her heaving. Seeing her woken up so painfully left Isaac frowning, but he did his best to hide it. Judging by her thumbs up, and the Espurr's meaningful look earlier, this was a system they had long, long practiced.[break][break]

As she peeled herself off the ground, Isaac offered a hand to try and help steady her. It was the least he could do with how badly she'd gotten shaken up. Her voice was a weary sigh. Her eyes were stung with tears. But she was okay.[break][break]

And it could have been much worse. Isaac remembered the stress was put through after her own sleeping on the job incident. Isaac found himself relieved that it was him on this mission instead of one of Rocket's more hardass members. What could he say? He hadn't known Naia for long, but he could already feel that protective instinct kicking in.[break][break]

"Don't worry. Just five minutes," Isaac said, flashing her a reassuring smile. "Your Espurr's got a real good count of it by now, it looks like." Though did she have to get such a rough awakening? Surely just gently shaking her awake would've sufficed, right? He shot the Espurr a quick, quizzical look.[break][break]

"We should be through soon, at least. Who knows? Maybe you can treat yourself to a real nap after." For being Naia's senior, Isaac sure seemed content to lightly tease instead of lecture. It was always more his style.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Party Crasher
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 0:18:24 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

No Rest for the Wicked

- - -

Even though he had offered her a hand, Naia's first and main priority was to scoop up her Espurr into her arms and just for a short moment pull him into a tender yet tight hug. She needed at least a moment to gather herself, or more importantly a moment to ground herself still. Isaac would know when Naia had overcome her dizziness and nausea when she finally took his out stretched hand.

[break][break]"Don't worry. Just five minutes. Your Espurr's got a real good count of it by now, it looks like."

[break][break]At his words Naia would look down at her Espurr, and with a soft voice and a light brush of her thumb against her his cheek she'd praise his hard word.

[break][break]"You did good, Jude."

[break][break]He wouldn't have said anything, instead letting it's head bob around with her petting and when it finally took notice of Isaac's expression it would lean into Naia. Taking a moment to just enjoy the rest and focus all of his own attention into himself.

[break][break]"We should be through soon, at least. Who knows? Maybe you can treat yourself to a real nap after."

[break][break]"You.. didn't get attacked, right?"

[break][break]Naia's main concern was at Isaac, taking a step closer to him and dipping her head down to check him out. For her it was hard to believe that in five minutes everything hadn't completely flipped on its head, but after doing a quick body scan she'd see that he looked to be fine and let out a small sigh of relief.

[break][break]"Maybe.."

[break][break]Now that her worried were sated she could focus on the rest of his suggestion, she could still feel the weight of exhaustion but at least this was far more manageable. Adrenaline was after all doing a lot of heavy lifting again.

[break][break]"I was just thinking of grabbing some coffee after this.. I have.. some paper work left.."

[break][break]and due.

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 1:12:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Me? Attacked?"[break][break]

Isaac looked over his shoulder, as if giving the perimeter a little scan. Vivi and Ivan, who had been standing at attention, gave him the nod of all clear. With that settled, Isaac turned back to Naia with a lax smile on his face.

"They'd have to be real subtle to set up an ambush in a tiny-ass treehouse like this. We've got the perimeter secured, too, so Viv and Ivan'd know if anything goes wrong." The smile on his face turned into an ever-so-slightly dangerous smirk. " 'Sides, if they try to attack me? That's their mistake."[break][break]

Isaac may have been one of Rocket's kindest members, but that didn't make him any less dangerous.[break][break]

That said, the biggest danger among the group may have been Naia. That is to say, a danger to herself. Isaac hummed thoughtfully as she described her plan for after this micronap; a coffee, giving herself just enough energy to catapult herself into even more work. Of course. Why should Isaac be surprised at this point?[break][break]

"Don't you think pushing yourself like that's why you're passing out like this in the first place?" Isaac asked, cocking an eyebrow curiously. "As your superior on the job, I'm ordering you to treat yourself after this instead. If the paperwork's that important, I can take it on for you instead. Might as well since I'd be writing today's mission brief anyway, right?"[break][break]

That sly bastard. Pulling rank like that just wasn't fair.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Party Crasher
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 22:29:38 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

No Rest for the Wicked

- - -

As Naia stood there and listened to his explanation she couldn't help but feel embarrassed, that much showing through her ears as they begun to glow reddish. He was right, there wasn't much room for people to set up an ambush here and if anything they would have to tunnel in through what she assumed was the only entrance. It'd be a suicide mission for the enemies and as that reality sunk in she couldn't help but flush even more.

[break][break]"Don't you think pushing yourself like that's why you're passing out like this in the first place?"

[break][break]The shameful expression she had on before would shift towards confusion. All her life she had been told the opposite, she had never worked hard enough for her mother's standards. Even know there are times when she seemed upset and confused that Naia hadn't already made huge ripples in Rocket, so much so that her mother had given up entirely to even ask Naia how she had been doing.

[break][break]"As your superior on the job, I'm ordering you to treat yourself after this instead. If the paperwork's that important, I can take it on for you instead. Might as well since I'd be writing today's mission brief anyway, right?"

[break][break]As he spoke her arms would tighten around her Espurr, whom at this point had been silently staying within her arms and listening to Isaac lightly chew her out. Anxiety built up with Naia as she continue to seek out Jude's comfort, however this anxiety stemmed from her inability to correct Isaac, or really how to start.

[break][break]"I-um.."

[break][break]Her arms tighten even more, this time causing a discomforting squeak to come out of Jude as she'd distract herself with adjusting herself and checking on him to make sure he was fine first.

[break][break]"I-I'll.. I'll treat myself.. but, I don't think.. you can do the paperwork at.. my Mother's company. I-I'm sorry.."

[break][break]She took in a deep breath, realizing she was stuttering too much, giving herself a second to restart.

[break][break]"I should have said... I have another, uh.. job after this one.. Plus.. This is my fault.. I should have managed my time better... I'm just making this harder on you.."

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Party Crasher
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 2:49:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Surprisingly, mission logic got Naia more embarrassed than pointing out her tendency to overwork herself. How strange. If anything, she almost seemed confused by what Isaac pointed out. It was an interesting reaction, but Isaac wouldn't press her on it. He'd already pulled rank enough for one day.[break][break]

Was it obvious yet he wasn't used to throwing his weight around?[break][break]

It didn't help that he'd thrown it in the wrong direction. Pink burned onto his face wherever his mask wasn't covering as Isaac realized just what he'd said. He blinked once. Twice. Three times.[break][break]

And then, when he fully processed what had just happened, he burst into laughter.[break][break]

"Holy shit, I'm an idiot," he said, voice light and teasing. "Arceus, I should've known you'd have a backup gig. Nobody really pulls a living off Rocket alone unless they're really high or really low on the ladder." The big bossmen could afford it, and reaped the most handsome rewards for their work. The lowest grunts, on the other hand, were stuck in that boat from either a lack of options, a lack of ambition, or a lack of smarts.[break][break]

"Nah, don't sweat it. I just get a little protective over the newbies, that's all," Isaac admitted. "But trust me. You're not making anything harder for me. A job like this is never much of a burden, and you've at least been keeping it interesting."[break][break]

There were far, far worse things Isaac could be stuck doing.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]