POSTED ON May 31, 2023 20:40:40 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

INTREPID SWORD (RR) FT.

[attr="class","mempmain"]

"Nice one Freddy!"[break][break]

The zangoose comes to a stop, looks at his claws, then looks to Memphis as if to say that it was in fact not 'a nice one' and he had to work even 'harder.' He took to using his sword like claws to slash at the air, twisting and turning his body. It was his way of training. Since Memphis wasn't into battling all that much.[break][break]

"...not nice enough, I guess." Memphis mumbled to himself, a tinge of guilt clear. He glanced around at the caves around them, then furrowed his brows. He could brave a little adventure... maybe.[break][break]

"How about we go further in," he could see Freddy's ear perk up and back at him. "Maybe we can find you a few wild pokémon to practice with, right?"[break][break]

As if the worlds had aligned, Freddy all too quickly moved over in a sip of speed beside his trainer and proudly walked toward the inside of the caves, claws shining with delight.[break][break]

"Oh boy..." ...I named him aptly, I guess. Memphis thinks, knowing he named the claw handed feline after Freddy Kruger.

[attr="class","memppoke"]

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 0:01:06 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"Use Fury Attack!"

Galahad, Sven's recently acquired Galarian Farfetch'd, swung its leek much like a sword and smashed away at the boulder before it. Before long, the stone crumbled and left mere pebbles in its wake. Once the dust cleared, Sven was left to stare at the Zangoose that had made its way further into the cave. A look of excitement plastered itself upon his face. A wild Zangoose?! Here?! The blonde took a step back and readied to order his Farfetch'd to charge.

That is until he saw the Zangoose's trainer approach.

The Farfetch'd came to an immediate halt upon Sven's orders. At least despite it being relatively new to his team, the pokemon was a quick learner. It soon returned to its trainer's side and in turn, Sven knelt down and gave it a firm pat on the head. Once he was done praising the Farfetch'd, he glanced up at the grey haired man and gave a rather enthusiastic wave. To say he was surprised to see another soul out here was the bare minimum, to say the least.

"Yo!" he greeted with a grin. "I'm surprised to see someone else as far out here! Getting some training in too? Galahad here and I are trying to perfect his strikes so we can get him into the Sirfetch'd I know he can be!"

The Farfetch'd to his side stood proud and raised one of its wings in a sort of salute. But the problem at hand was how he almost took the Zangoose on in battle. Sven couldn't help but flash an apologetic smile to the young man and speak once more.

"Sorry, I almost attempted to nab that big guy. But well, pleased to meet you! Name's Sven!"

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
reach the stars, fly a fantasy
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 12:39:39 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

INTREPID SWORD (RR) FT.

As the bolder is smashed to pebbles before them, Memphis jumps. He's surprised by it, but not completely driven away. Curiosity takes its course and he's moving closer instead of away; mostly because he swore he heard a voice...[break][break]

Oh! And there was a person that belonged to the voice. Good, he's not just hearing random spirits or anything; that trip to the border really opened up his mind, you see.[break][break]

"Yo." Why did I repeat his greeting back to him?[break][break]

Maybe he was startled. Maybe just confused. He let it slide, for now.[break][break]

"Don't think too much of it. Freddy would have given you a decent fight. And honestly, still could. I have a blissey that can get them all in tip top shape afterwards so long as they don't get to the point of fainting... Arceus knows Freddy loves a good fight."[break][break]

As if on cue, the zangoose puffed out a bit of air and lifted a claw, as if to show a prized sword and challenge the farfetch'd to a battle.[break][break]

"But only if you want. Otherwise, we can wander around and let them take out wild pokémon...which sounds kinda abusive when I say it so nonchalant."

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 14:23:17 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
With the prompt of the Zangoose, the Farfetch'd gripped its leek a little tighter as if ready to go in for the kill. However it seemed to stumble back a bit, as though it were afflicted by something. It seemed the rock it had just smashed had some sort of poisonous spore on it that had affected the pokemon, given the likelihood that the spore dispersed when the rock was smashed. As it collapsed and began to breathe a bit ragged, Sven quickly rushed over to it and knelt down.

"Hey, Galahad! Come on, this isn't funny!"

He saw how pained that the poor Farfetch'd looked, and then he caught sight of the way the color began to drain from it. He'd seen the affliction only once before and knew it was poison. Rummaging through his bag, Sven was quick to administer an antidote to the Farfetch'd, effectively curing its poison. Once the Farfetch'd was stable, he looked up at Memphis and gave a frown.

"Sorry about that, you might want to check on Freddy. I think our practice must've threw something into the air. You're good, right?"

Sven stood back up and withdrew his Farfetch'd so it could get some rest and recover. For now, he chose his Rampardos to come out and play. As if the situation hadn't even happened, he allowed the colossus of a pokemon to turn back with a challenging look to the Zangoose. The rodent-like pokemon was certainly a lot faster, but Sven was willing to bet that Zircon the Rampardos was a lot more sturdy. But there was no need to make the two duke it out to see if sword or stone were more powerful. Instead, the idea came to Sven's mind quickly.

"Now that I've got a pokemon who's a lot more stable, how about we have a little contest? That way Freddy and Zircon here both can get some practice and competition in! Let's see how many wild pokemon they can take on til we get to the end of this cave, yeah?"

The idea seemed to intrigue his Rampardos quite a bit. It even let out a roar in agreement as if to say it liked the idea.

"Oh! By the way, I don't think I caught your name."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 15:40:01 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

Thankfully for Memphis, or rather for Freddy, the zangoose’s immunity kept it from becoming poisoned. He just snorted at the spores and shook them from his fur.[break][break]

”Due to the age old feud between zangoose and seviper, zangoose have developed the ability ‘immunity’ because of it.”[break][break]

It was then that Memphis realized how much of a square he had just been. Total nerd moment. He literally sounded like a text book![break][break]

”…but thank you! For um, for the concern. I’m Memphis. Sorry I forgot introductions.”[break][break]

Memphis you dope. First he's being nice and you hit him with text book answers about pokémon breeds and histories and then you have the audacity to forget to introduce yourself.[break][break]

He looked to Freddy, who was all to eager to start fighting. He gave a snort and flashed his claws in a small taunt, though it was more flavor than it was an actual move.[break][break]

”Yeah, that sounds like fun. And Freddy looks game.”

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 23:36:18 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Despite the lecture on Zangoose, Sven seemed pretty interested in the fact. He never realized that the pokemon had managed to adapt against Seviper, but it made sense. Sven paced a circle around Freddy and looked him up and down. Impressive! The scientist beamed as he made a mental note to possibly look into more pokemon that had adapted due to their surroundings. As if on cue, his own Ditto, Silly Putty, oozed out of its pokeball and began to slink its way up Sven's back so it could make itself at home on the top of his head.

"No, no, that's actually a pretty cool note. Thanks, Memphis! It's nice to see pokemon that can adapt to their habitats. Silly Putty here is the biggest case in that statement."

He gestured to the Ditto atop his head that morphed once into the Zangoose. Sven struggled to keep balance until the Ditto transformed back into its normal state. It seemed to just want to be included in the shenanigans with no desire quite yet to battle. Though as for pokemon that were ready to battle, his Rampardos let out a loud roar before it charged forward. Sven quickly scrambled after the rock type as if attempting to catch up and warn it that it needed to wait until his fellow competitor was ready.

"Foul! Freddy isn't ready!"

The Rampardos soon came to a halt but Sven wasn't quick enough to stop. Instead, he collided with the creature and took a moment before he picked himself up off the ground. The Rampardos gave a grumble that seemed apologetic, which earned a laugh from the blonde as he gave it a firm pat on the head to show that all was forgiven. Instead, he encouraged Zircon to run off and search for something to test its strength against. It wasn't long until he approached Memphis, mindful to keep a slight distance as not to make the stranger uncomfortable. After all, Sven knew he had a habit of pushing past other people's comfort zones.

"So you know about how Zangoose were able to adapt against natural predators, huh? Are you a scientist too? I've been dipping my toes in to do some research of my own actually! So I'm happy to hear any notes you might have for a beginner."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 13:38:01 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

INTREPID SWORD (RR) FT.

The tension in Memphis’ shoulders disappears when Sven tells him it’s okay that he rambled. Sometimes he can’t stop himself, he just blurts out the information in his brain. Most of the time people don’t even ask for it. Half the time he doesn’t realize people his age aren’t as educated as he is. Because not everybody spent their entire lives locked away studying to become a priest…and then bailed.[break][break]

Though the rampardos storms forward, Freddy doesn’t move. He keeps his ground and carefully watches. Off the dinosaur and his trainer go. Then a collision, one that Freddy actually snickers at. Though Memphis gives his ear a tug to tell him that wasn’t polite; but he doesn’t care.[break][break]

”Be nice.” Memphis scolds, but then smiles up at Sven and pretends the comical collision didn’t happen.[break][break]

The question of if he’s a scientist or not makes him laugh. ”I’m no researcher, no. I’m just an archivist at the national museum of natural history over in slateport.”[break][break]

Memphis gives Freddy a nod of approval and off he goes, aware that the dino got a head start but willing to bet he’d come out on top himself.

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 21:13:15 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"Oh neat!" he commented genuinely. "Just figured I'd ask cause I'm personally trying to figure out what's going on with this place."

A generalized statement because he wished to know just what catastrophes Hoenn had survived, and ones that had yet to come. As the pokemon made their way to train, Sven looked away briefly to make sure Zircon treated the fight fairly. Brows knit in concern until he saw that the creature seemed to be off on its own, battling a wild Geodude. It seemed quick to take the creature down. Make that one point for Zircon. He couldn't help but grin with a sense of pride.

It wasn't long until his attention turned back to Memphis. Part of him wondered just what classified as an archivist, it seemed like such a stuffy title, like he had to file a bunch of paperwork to make sure the museum didn't lose it. Maybe it felt odd because from a first impression standpoint, stuffy didn't suit Memphis. But then again, he did give off librarian vibes.

"Never been, guess I'm gonna have to check it out!"

It wasn't often he made his way over to Slateport given its high occupancy of Team Rocket members. So to have a museum of natural history sounded pretty dangerous. Likely the place risked several instances of robbery. Or even worse of a possible conclusion: the history museum helped mask the illusion of an everyday life for Rocket members. The latter didn't offer much enthusiasm for him -- criminals didn't deserve a normal life. His expression went flat for a moment before he spoke in a rather straightforward fashion.

"You guys are careful with the stuff right? The historical artifacts and all that, I mean. It'd be a shame to lose it to a bunch of criminals like Team Rocket."

The comment seemed so tactless and out of place, but it was a question that felt necessary to put out into the open.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 14:16:10 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

INTREPID SWORD (RR) FT.

A nod is given at the notion of wanting to figure out ‘what’s going on in this place.’ He figured that meant Hoenn in general. Who didn’t these days?[break][break]

There’s mention of Sven going to the museum and Memphis perks up a bit, smiling.[break][break]

”We’ve got lots of information on the happenings past and present around Hoenn if it reflects with any of Hoenn’s previous happenings.”[break][break]

Which was true. A plethora of knowledge.[break][break]

”Oh,” the way Sven changed when he spoke caught Memphis off guard; so much for tact. “Uh yeah, we’re super careful. Really strong security. Mr. has a great system in place, keeping everything safe and sound.”[break][break]

While the topic didn’t make Memphis nervous, it was the cold demeanor toward Rocket in general. If there was anything that Memphis was blindly aware of, it was that Rocket and League were both a gray area, just like the Church of Arceus.[break][break]

Nobody is as they seem; people are just a walking definition of cause and effect. Neither inherently good or bad. But then again, religious trauma will do that to a person. Open their eyes to the grey of the world earlier than they need.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Freddy’s found a collection of zubat, beginning his little K.O. party with them by attacking the group of them at once and raking his numbers up that way.

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 20:04:08 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
With the reassurance things would be safe in the museum, Sven couldn't help but give a nod. That was enough for him. But he couldn't help but notice the way the grey haired archivist seemed to recoil a bit. Had he said something out of place? Brows furrowed a bit in frustration as he let out a sigh. Right, it's not like the League was innocent in its own acts. Both sides had questionable means. How many lives had been lost in the crossfire? More importantly, how many had the parties lost to each side in terms of turncoating? Sven pinched the bridge of his nose to ease the pressure that found its way to his forehead and looked to Memphis.

"Sorry, it's just... They go out of their way to do misdeeds. And for what? Greed? Power?" he began to reason. "Not that the League is any better. We've been housing people who were once loyal to Rocket's cause and excusing actions of higher leveled figureheads because we can't afford to lose them..."

Some actions weren't excused, case in point being Josh Devlin's prior temporary suspension from his duties as a gym leader. It's not a story he'd heard both sides of, and given he viewed Josh as a fair ally, he didn't want the image he had in his head of the man to be painted improperly -- it'd be something he'd have to ask about at a later time.

He'd nearly forgotten about the back and forth his Rampardos and Memphis' Zangoose seemed to have. While the Zangoose was smart to go after smaller swarms, Rampardos continued to take out larger opponents. Perhaps it wanted to prove something -- that power was better than speed. Both were necessary in the end, but Zircon was adamant that its sheer power would be the best. With an Ancient Power, it sent a handful of Geodudes flying to try and level its numbers with Freddy. But it seemed the Zangoose was a bit more ahead of the curve.

"What exactly are you trying to look for? Are there certain exhibits you want to add to in the museum? Or did you want to build up your own exhibit?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 18:03:42 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

INTREPID SWORD (RR) FT.

clearly talking about any kind of politics was something that would make sven either uncomfortable or passionate. maybe he just needed somebody to talk to about it. good thing memphis was a third party, to a point. he didn't much agree that either side should be excused of wrong doings, but he's also not naive. the world, he knows well, is a grey place. black and white ideals will only get somebody killed.[break][break]

or so he believes. it's partly the reason his mother and father were so adament he go and see the world, to see their 'truth.' that there was more darkness than light and that's why the truth of arceus' gospel needed shared.[break][break]

gag, he thought, but didn't say. after all, sven would likely give him a look since none of those thoughts made it out of his mouth. instead, he happily accepted the subject change.[break][break]

"i'm just exploring for the most part." freddy takes his swarms and motions toward the dinosaur the number of enemies that had fallen to those sharp claws; bragging. "i mean, any kind of knowledge i can get is good. meteor falls has always intrigued me. something about the clan of people that used to abide here has always facsinated me, but perhaps because they were once the original avatars."

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
name, [ c / m / rr]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 20:19:48 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
His Rampardos seemed furious at the way Freddy had chosen to brag about his takedown count. Almost as if a fire had been ignited within, the dinosaur like pokemon made a stampede towards its own horde of Digletts. With its use of Ancient Power in an attempt to wipe them out in swarms, the ground shook a bit. Sven attempted to steady his feet despite the distance that Zircon had made. Eyes went wide the moment he saw cave begin to cave in a bit. Perhaps the two had gotten a little out of hand with the competition, particularly his own.

"Alright that's enough, I'm calling it!"

With five of the Digletts down, his Rampardos gave a gruff sound to show that it was displeased with the sudden halt. While it stomped through, it used Headbutt to smash through any of the falling rocks to clear its path. It roared at its trainer to show that it wasn't happy with losing. Sven frowned a bit at the Rampardos before he reached up and gave it a firm pat on its shoulder.

"Guess this makes Freddy the winner since this one doesn't know how to take losing well," he laughed nervously. "But if you're looking for someone to help with your search, I can make some free time cause I'm interested to know what makes you hypothesize that the folks that resided here were the original avatars."

Maybe it was because it fell in with his own research as far as the effects of avatarship affected people, but Sven seemed pretty gung-ho to look into the archivist's search and help out where he could.