She/Her
October 12
Slateport City
Bisexual
Warden-in-Training
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerie
Valerie Katraz
Mugging and Meeting
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 22:09:46 GMT
Valerie Katraz Avatar
The feeling of losing a battle was a sinking one, especially when the stakes were so high.

It was a conflict lit by flickering streetlights. On one side stood Valerie Katraz, the prospective victim in this theft, guarded by her Bisharp. On the other, a nameless, faceless grunt of the Team Rocket organisation, assisted by their Salazzle. It was not a battle of philosophy, not a lofty conflict of ideaologies. No, one sought to take Pokemon, while the other wished to keep them, and that was all the reason that was needed for this battle.

And no matter how one looked at the situation, no matter which perspective someone took, there was only one conclusion they could draw - Valerie was losing, and losing badly.

"Keheheh!" The grunt jeered, their grin was about as wide as it could be. "This is like taking candy from a Pichu! Hope you're ready to lose your Pokemon, lady, because I'll be taking every last one of them!"

As much as she wished she could protest, she was in no position to do so. For all intents and purposes, they were right: The steel body of Bisharp was worn down by Salazzle's poison, weakened and burnt by the naturally Corrosive venom of the lizard. Perhaps a better trainer might have circumvented the toxins entirely, or at the very least, they might have been able to make the best of a bad situation. Valerie, however, could do neither. No, much the opposite, all she had the strength to do was stand there, trembling in fear, trying not to panic as the Poisonous Pokemon picked apart her stalwart bodyguard.

"I... I..." She stuttered over and over, trying to think of something to say, to do, anything that would turn the situation around in her favour. Yet, no such answer came to here. Fear, of both the Salazzle in front of her, and of what might happen to her beloved allies if she were defeated, dominated her mind and stalled all thought.

For a moment, it really did seem like she was about to lose everything.