june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 22:55:21 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was a dark and stormy night.[break][break]

The wind moaned through the dark pine trees, their toes tangled in an unquiet earth.[break][break]

The outpost was wooden and worn. In the day time, the pinned notes and pictures of pokemon and family carried a rustic charm; at night, their eyes swiveled in the dark. [break][break]

Their lodgings had been clean and cozy, but there were still some old boot prints left by previous rangers across the floor.[break][break]

Yujin was at her desk, typing up a report on the conditions of accommodations on Route 123. She was halfway through the word worrying when there was a sudden boom in the distance, and all the power in the cabin cut out.[break][break]

She paused, acclimating to the sudden darkness.[break][break]

Then she leaned back from her chair, squinting at the connecting door that lead to her companion’s room. It was slightly ajar.[break][break]

“...Commissioner?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 23:03:48 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Through the door, Dahlia walks through. She holds her jacket closed, fingers grasping at each flap of fabric as if the world depended on it. The wind howls around them, pulling tenor notes from trees thinning at their tips.[break][break]

Despite the darkness, the vague suggestion of Dahlia's face flits about as she speaks.[break][break]

"I'm fine. I'm fine." She says. "Is your report okay? Saved?"[break][break]

Dahlia swears she sees a shadow shift in a dark corner's recess. Gasping, she fishes her phone from her pocket. Frantic fingers fumble for the Flashlight tool. After a few crisp taps, the white light blares out from the tiniest lens.[break][break]

"Sorry, thought I saw something." Dahlia says. "Is it embarrassing to admit that I'm still afraid of the dark?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-stoutland"]

[newclass=".dahlia"]--accent:#d5a73d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qjcL3ZQ/dahlier.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .dahlia blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .dahlia blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 23:39:01 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Yujin nodded at the first query; the blue back-glow of her laptop suffused her with a vespertine halo.[break][break]

“No, but will you forgive me if I laugh anyway?”[break][break]

The body knows the primal danger of darkness, even if all the lights of the civilized world threaten to extinguish it.[break][break]

The engineer rose from her seat with a poorly-suppressed smile, gathering her own jacket and lit phone. Unbidden, she reached for the tool backpack by her foot, scraping a few loose gadgets into the pockets and hoisting it upon her shoulders.[break][break]

Yujin was halfway to the door when she glanced back at Dahlia. “Shall we go on a little adventure? You can stay here too, I don’t mind. Alone. In the dark.” The grin threatened to crack her face sideways.

[break][break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 6:43:28 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"oh, you're just goading me on now!" The Commissioner expels a performative huff and stomps her way over to Yujin.[break][break]

Beneath her shoes, the old planks groan as she commits to her jestful march.[break][break]

"but maybe you're scared too?" She says, linking arms with Yujin. "and this is a way of ensuring my company."[break][break]

With a flutter of laughter, the Commissioner guides them to the exit. Winds whistle through the tiniest cracks, through the hole in the door's corner made by blunted, smoothed over wood.

[break][break]

[newclass=".dahlia"]--accent:#d5a73d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qjcL3ZQ/dahlier.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .dahlia blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .dahlia blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 1:53:21 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

How pleasantly warm the commissioner’s arm was, how goldspun her hair. To some, Dahlia was a distressing figure of authority. To Yujin, who knew of her only as a travel companion, she felt familiar… like an old Alolan friend.[break][break]

As they stepped out into the foreboding night, the phone lights led the way.[break][break]

“Nonsense. I assure you, as an experienced officer, I am afraid of no—”[break][break]

Lightning flashed through the trees. Thunder boomed only half a second later with the reveal.[break][break]

For sitting right in there in the middle of the path down to the generators flopped a demented 'pikachu', its head bent at an sickening angle.[break][break]

“KYAA—!”[break][break]

Her breath caught in her chest; she jumped near a foot in the air. And unfortunately, as they had interlocked arms, that meant Dahlia was not spared.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 4:28:56 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Yujin's scream adopts the lightning's form, the sound fraying off into several branches: a sonic lichtenberg figure that travels through Dahlia's ear into her breast.[break][break]

Her hand launches there as Yujin jolts. Though she may jump, Dahlia remains on the ground, anchoring them in place.[break][break]

Under the moonlight, the Commissioner's skin has paled. She sucks in air in between disjointed syllables: "oh gosh, yujin. are you alright?"[break][break]

She looks toward her, a fragile, well-meaning smile to her face.[break][break]

"and i thought the zoroark out here were terrifying."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 3:26:39 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

The first words fluttered like monarch butterflies through an empty garden.[break][break]

Yujin, staring at the mimikyu with some inexplicable emotion somewhere between disbelief and anger, could only watch as it scampered away into the roiling darkness. Redemption squirreled away with it.[break][break]

Her head swiveled to face Dahlia, their noses awfully close.[break][break]

“Oh. I’m… fine.”[break][break]

After a pause, Yujin would nudge the commissioner into resuming their walk. Mercifully, the grip on the phone-flashlight had been iron. [break][break]

“...Ah, that was embarrassing. You can do your best to grow up, but there's always something that makes you feel four feet tall again.”[break][break]

The backpack of tools clanked with redoubled purpose.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 8:21:48 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Their noses almost kiss. The cold air bites the skin pink, while the adrenaline trickles away.[break][break]

"you are so right." Dahlia says, her own embarrassment still cradled in her modest grin. "leave it up to the dark and our primeape brains to make us kids again."[break][break]

As they tread through the darkness, hidden stones and dried twigs crunch and crack beneath their shoes. Though the moon is bright, it almost feels as if the light can barely breach the charcoal wood before them.[break][break]

Yujin's phone light is their only guide.[break][break]

"do you ever think about wanting to be a kid again?" She asks. "i miss going to school, frankly."[break][break]

She laughs to herself and does not notice the discrepancies between the forest they walk through now and the forest they walked through before.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 4:37:45 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Whatever courage is gained from the commissioner’s words, is only borrowed from the other side.[break][break]

Feeling young and alone is not a pleasant experience for Yujin. Two decades is a long time for the mind, but the body remembers an imprint.[break][break]

“I do think about going back, but not because I miss anything.” By the time Yujin entered modern schooling, she had been years behind and with a debilitating language barrier. “I wish I could change things. But then I think, what if this is already the best possible outcome?”[break][break]

The forest had taken an ethereal quality. Yujin hurried the last few steps towards the small timber structure and the plain-steel box seated like a sore thumb against it, glittering in the gloom.[break][break]

“But I think I knew similar people at the universities. Career students? They would have loved to keep learning all their lives if they could.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
603 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 2:24:28 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The best possible outcome. The phrase itches at Dahlia's brain with its overgrown nail. It suggests that the life path has already past the point of no return, that her fate has already been determined. Is her life right now, the best possible outcome?[break][break]

What kind of a life did other Dahlias lead beyond the veil of this world?[break][break]

"ha, i should've known." The Commissioner laughs—though it flutters inward—as they come across the timber building. "then your life must be so exciting, right? traveling the world as interpol. getting to use your own wits and ability to solve any problem in your way."[break][break]

She takes a step onto wooden boards embedded within the earth for footing. However, it shifts like cud beneath her sole. In the dark of the night, she surmises it to be a muddied, loose plank. She does not check—and with a nervous breath, focuses on her companion.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
THE GRAND MAL
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 23:00:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: