< hello, my loneliness > [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 17:17:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Eyes searched the text he saw before him as a lump formed in his throat. It wasn't sadness, disgust, or anything of that nature -- if anything, nervousness loomed in the way he searched desperately for some sort of explanation. A formal e-mail sent by some higher ups in the Galarian military that explained that, perhaps, two heads were better than one when it came to hunting down the crowned defects that tried to slip away. But out of everyone, why did they have to send her? In an attempt to have the two of them bond more before the inevitable marriage? It was the only explanation that he could logically formulate, and even then, he felt as though he were grasping for straws.

Hands slid down his face as he let out a groan. This just felt like too much -- how long would it be until he said the wrong thing and started a heated argument? Or how long would it be until the two were merely sat in silence at dinner? Both opposite ends of the spectrum but two very plausible things that had happened within the span of their engagement. Perhaps it didn't help that neither party seemed accepting of the idea. But how could they? It was ludicrous. What use did it mean to tie two strangers down, especially ones that had no effect over the crown? He could understand Elise or Remiel, but why him?

But those thoughts didn't stop the clock. As he caught sight of the time, he realized that he would be cutting it close. The sound of the horn from the vehicle parked outside was enough to let him know he'd wasted enough time pondering over things that couldn't be helped. Cedric grabbed his phone and wallet, then made his leave. With a quiet 'thanks' to the driver for his patience (or perhaps lack thereof,) Cedric sat in the back seat and remained silent the entire ride. Thoughts overwhelmed him as he couldn't even take the opportunity to appreciate the scenery that Hoenn offered.

Once the car came to a final halt, he felt his body lurch forward and that much alerted him that they'd arrived. Cedric stepped out of the car and approached the curb. A few different people poured out of the airport's lounge. Some guests hugged, others were met with just a simple uber. Cedric's arms felt heavy at his sides as he swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat once he finally spotted Estelle. There was no need to waste his breath with the obvious question of 'what brings you here?' or anything of that nature. Instead, he offered the words that had been weighing on him.

"This is a surprise," he admitted. "I'm sure your flight left much to be desired but well... This is going to be home until we get through our mission."

He was the first to move forward as he took some of the bags she brought. Force of habit caught up with him as he began to help load her bags into their shared uber's trunk. (Whether she accepted his help or not was up in the air.) Once that was done, he approached the car once more and opened the door for Estelle to step in first.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

arti

Stella
She/Her
February 5th
Circhester, Galar
Demisexual
Military
Cadet
arranged.
engaged.
5'5" height
5'5" height
They made a monster out of me~
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @estelle
Estelle Valentine
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 14:25:00 GMT
Estelle Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stella1"]
[attr="class","text"]

The plane ride had been long but she got to enjoy it in relative comfort. The Queen had made sure of that. Not that it made much of any difference. Despite her refusal the Queen always did what she wanted. Always. Just thinking about it had given her a slight migraine. Estelle didn't want to be here in the first place. [break][break]

Finding the missing crown prince, keeping an eye on the Galarian ambassador, monitoring Cedric, it was all such an annoying hassle. And when asked why it had to be her specifically to do all of this, the Queen's response was that there was no one she trusted more. No one more capable to handle such an important task as this. [break][break]

What she really meant was that there was no one who would do exactly what she wanted as well as she could. Her appearance in the region now was no mistake, it was a warning. To Cedric, Elise, and Remiel, wherever he might be. The Queen was growing quite tired of this game. But something she never grew tired of apparently was watching Estelle squirm under her pressure. [break][break]

Another reason she was sent here was so that she could further get along with her fiancé. The Queen was so eager for the pair to get along well, after all the wedding, if she got her way, would be just around the corner. That was another headache in and of itself. Estelle didn't hate Cedric, she just didn't love him. [break][break]

Though, perhaps it was foolish of her to believe she would even get to fall in love. She didn't know the first thing about love after all. Cedric was respectable and a gentleman, she supposed she lucked out in that regard. He was loyal to the crown, often doing what was asked of him without a second thought as well. They were more similar than she originally gave him credit for, still their relationship was also quite strained.[break][break]

Her heels clicked as sanguine orbs fell on the familiar figure waiting for her. Speak of the devil. She assumed it made sense that he would come to collect his fiancé from the airport, but she had been hoping to enjoy a few more moments to herself before staying with him. "This is a surprise," Cedric spoke. "I'm sure your flight left much to be desired but well... This is going to be home until we get through our mission."[break][break]

Estelle huffed lightly as she allowed him to help take her things and put them into the trunk of the car. "Seems the habit of pointing out the obvious hasn't faded in our time apart." Estelle spoke as Cedric opened the door for her. She paused, "Still a gentleman too, thank you." she commented before swiftly sliding into the backseat of the vehicle.[break][break]

Estelle wasn't picking a fight with him. She never was one for flowery words or idle chit chat. It's why she didn't participate in high society much when she was back in Galar. She found more comfort behind a blade than engaging in a battle of wits at a ball. But due to this most people viewed her frankness as disrespect, even when that was never her intention.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@cedric
[break]

NOTES

🗡️ outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.stella1]--accent:#4144af;[/newclass]
[newclass=.stella1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 21:01:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Mm," he nodded to her thanks.

It wasn't long until he took his place in the car as well. After he buckled himself back in, Cedric sat with his hands in his lap. He seemed stiff yet silent, almost as though he had something to say but didn't wish to encroach on the topic too soon. With a breath in, he let silence take over as he turned his attention forward. How long had he been from home as of now? A month? It felt like longer. And even then, he had yet to find any trace of his target. It was embarrassing that a bodyguard couldn't even fulfill a simple job as this. He'd made contact with two of the other Calcifets but here he couldn't even find a trace of Remiel. It was best to assume the worst and hope for the best, he supposed.

But he couldn't keep quiet for too long. Perhaps it was Estelle's presence that made him feel obligated, or perhaps in a strange way, he felt at ease to remain candid with her. He didn't dwell on the idea for long, instead approached the question that had plagued him from the moment he saw her.

"How is Galar, by the way?" he questioned. "Given the number of refugees that have flooded in, I assume not well. Princess Elise has been up to her neck in foreign affairs, and Guinevere seems... Happier here."

It was easy to note his lack of mention towards Prince Remiel. He had yet to stumble across the prince in his search. Perhaps Remiel already knew. While it felt as though Gwyn had no interest to reconnect with the crown prince other than bare minimum formalities, he felt that Elise remained in contact. Did she willingly hide his location? No, it wasn't right for him to jump in and assume.

"More importantly, how are you?"

'Do you feel at ease to be away from Galar?' he wanted to tack on. While the way he spoke felt like strict formalities with a fellow noble, his hand lingered on the space between the two of them as he finally dared to look her way. He knew that Galar didn't make her happy, he knew it wasn't truly home for her, but he wanted to show interest. He wanted to care. The softer way he spoke didn't reflect a need to care given the arranged engagement, but a need to understand simply given that deep down, he knew they were two souls that met at the wrong time -- the fear to even make physical contact with her evident as his hand slowly retreated back to his lap.

close tab

played by

arti

Stella
She/Her
February 5th
Circhester, Galar
Demisexual
Military
Cadet
arranged.
engaged.
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @estelle
Estelle Valentine
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 20:42:58 GMT
Estelle Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stella1"]
[attr="class","text"]

It was quite in the car for a while, which Estelle didn't mind at all. In fact, she appreciated it since she was quite tired from her journey. It allowed her time to rest her eyes for a moment and prepare her mental to get ready for work now that she was here. She was completely oblivious to the slightly awkward air between the pair, rather enjoying the silence and the peace that it brought her, as she always had.[break][break]

But as always, it would seem Cedric had other plans. Whether it be because he was genuinely trying to check up on her or to just find a way to pass the time, his voice pierced the silence and thus severing the small connection of peace and rest Estelle had been enjoying. "How is Galar, by the way?" he asked before going on to mention the refugee crisis that was currently going on in their country before going on to mention some of his family that had traveled here.[break][break]

Estelle slowly opened her eyes as she thought back of home. How was Galar truly? After being wracked with tragedy from Necrozma refugees seeking safe haven along other city states. Then of course there was the building public unrest that was currently being ignored by the crown. Despite countless advisors warning otherwise the Queen seems to have a different view of all of this, thus creating tension.[break][break]

"Galar is..." Estelle paused before her brows creased in a frown. "Galar is strong. She'll make it through this." A perfect PR response from her but what did she really feel? "...Despite the wounds...people are banding together to support one another, which is good. But...there's...there's growing tension. I'm sure you've heard as such from the Ambassador." Estelle admitted softly.[break][break]

Considering the fact that Cedric had mentioned both of his female cousins, Estelle could assume he had already made contact with them, it wasn't much of a stretch. But no mention towards the Crown Prince. It was to be expected though, if Cedric had really made any progress in locating then there would have been no need for Estelle to be dispatched here. She didn't comment on this revelation, just made a tiny mental note.[break][break]

"More importantly, how are you?" Cedric suddenly asked her which took her by surprise. Her eyes widened as she slowly turned to face him. How was she? It was such a loaded questioned that filled her with a storm of conflicting emotions. Her hesitation to answer was obvious as the confusion was written on her face, defined in the crease of her brows.[break][break]

"I'm..." she paused, "...tired, I think. But otherwise I'm alright." She answered coolly yet awkwardly. Silence befell the pair in the car once more but this time she was a bit more conscious of it all. "And yourself?" Estelle finally managed to respond after what seemed like decades of silence. Very unlike her indeed but then again, plenty of things about Estelle had been changing little by little over the past few months.[break][break]

Estelle cleared her throat as the slightest flush colored her cheeks. She actively looked away from Cedric as she continued to speak to him. "H-How have you been holding up? I'm sure the move here wasn't easy." Estelle was mentally cursing herself for her awkward socialization skills but this was highly out of her comfort zone. Hence her clear embarrassment at herself.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

🗡️ outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.stella1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stella1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 19:34:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Though to hear the reassurance that Galar would stand true did offer him some comfort, it still made him hold his breath. Only time would tell, and he wasn't one to necessarily count on blind optimism. (It made him wonder if the queen sent both him and Estelle off knowing that Galar was in ruins, or did she do it to make herself a martyr -- the one who raised Galar up from the ashes on her own?) Brows knit together as he pondered on this thought. But once Estelle seemed to sputter for words, he felt himself grow a little frantic. Had he said something wrong? Done something worse? Instinctively a hand found itself upon her shoulder in a form of comfort as he turned to look at her, or at least as much as the seatbelt would allow.

Then he saw how flustered she looked and soon settled down. Maybe it wasn't a question she found people asked of her that often. The Duke settled back into his seat and looked away with a similar tint to his own cheeks. He felt embarrassed over how quickly he reacted and jumped to conclusions. After he cleared his throat, the guard finally dared to speak. The silence had grown awkward, and perhaps a genuine heart-to-heart was well overdue.

"I'm fine, thank you. Though forgive me for sounding so cavalier, but your presence does offer some comfort. It's a relief to see a familiar face. I've..."

'Missed you'? No that wasn't quite right. With his initial embarrassment subsided, Cedric finally turned back and lowered his hand off of her shoulder.

"I suppose it's true when they say that absence does make the heart grow fonder. I'm pleased to have another likeminded person on my side. It's been frustrating trying to keep track of just how many of us have found our way to Hoenn -- it's too much to keep track of for one person."

Was that his way of saying that the work expected of him was too much? That it was unfair to shove responsibility solely onto one person? No, that didn't seem right. He was grateful that the Queen thought so highly of him. That she expected him to succeed, but the fact she had to chase Estelle here of all people felt... Well, quite frankly, it felt humiliating. He surmised it as a ploy to attempt to have the two grow closer with their arranged engagement. His thumb ghosted the silver band under his glove as an attempt to make sense of it all. Finally the car came to a halt and Cedric fumbled for a moment before he unbuckled himself and opened the door. First came the retrieval of Estelle's belongings, then a polite thanks to the driver.

Everything was placed on the porch to the smaller apartment he'd acquired for himself before he dug out his set of keys. A push of the door revealed a simplistic apartment -- bare necessities with a variety of foliage from hanging plants and potted varieties that Cedric had bought to attempt to liven up the sickeningly white walled apartment. As he wheeled her luggage in, he managed to keep the door held open with his foot. Perhaps it was chivalry gone too far, but he insisted to get everything himself.

"Make yourself at home."

As if she really had much say in the matter.

close tab

played by

arti

Stella
She/Her
February 5th
Circhester, Galar
Demisexual
Military
Cadet
arranged.
engaged.
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @estelle
Estelle Valentine
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 1:16:08 GMT
Estelle Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stella1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Cedric's sudden touch startled her and she jumped a little as scarlet hues glanced at the hand resting on her shoulder. Her cheeks only grew more flushed. She wasn't used to touch either. In fact, this military woman would often withdraw from everyone, preferring seclusion instead of socializing. [break][break]

Growing up she never really got to enjoy loving assurances from her relatives. She'd long learned that it was better if she was hidden away. After all, out of sight, out of mind. Estelle resisted the urge to swat Cedric's hand away, instead choosing to ball her hands into fists in her lap. She didn't want misunderstandings, but it was a miracle she was even thinking that far ahead. [break][break]

It was probably due to how the Queen had been constantly nagging in her ear about paying more attention to how she responds to him, on top of being away from him so long. Perhaps she'd grown a touch more sensitive in his absence. "I'm fine, thank you. Though forgive me for sounding so cavalier, but your presence does offer some comfort. It's a relief to see a familiar face. I've..."[break][break]

Cedric paused and Estelle was snapped from the inner workings of her mind. Her attention turned to him as her head tilted to the side. What caused him to pause? "I suppose it's true when they say that absence does make the heart grow fonder. I'm pleased to have another likeminded person on my side. It's been frustrating trying to keep track of just how many of us have found our way to Hoenn -- it's too much to keep track of for one person."[break][break]

Ah right, work. Estelle nodded, understanding where he had come from. She'd long sense been under the Queen's thumb. The Queen had a penchant for assigning ridiculous tasks to just one person. As someone who had been on the receiving end of that for many years she could certainly sympathize with her betrothed.[break][break]

"Yes well," Estelle said as she lightly cleared her throat. "Now that I'm here I can shoulder some of that burden with you with hopes that it would be less frustrating for you." she attempted to assure him. It didn't take them long before the reached their stop. Cedric grabbed the door for her once more before absolutely insisting that he be the one to gather her things. [break][break]

His placed seemed cozy now that she got a better look at everything. He held the door open for her with his foot while he juggled with her bags. "Cedric honestly," Estelle sighed. "Would it not be easier for me to help you?" she said as she flashed him a look. His reply was for her to make herself comfortable however. [break][break]

Another inaudible sigh and Estelle decided to walk around to take a look at everything. Plants decorated the humble home but it gave a sort of refreshing vibe compared to the uncomfortable orderliness of her own estate back home. Then again, back home she was a Baroness, a paladin, a soldier, the Queen's dog. Eyes were trained on her everywhere there. Even those in her home were the ever present eyes of the Queen. Estelle could never have a true moment's rest to herself. [break][break]

She lightly reached out to gingerly touch a plant's leaves between her fingers. "You've done a good job turning this place into a home." she spoke softly to Cedric, unsure if he would really hear her or not. It was fine if it was the latter, just absentminded musings on her end after all.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

🗡️ outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 13:04:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Thank you."

He'd done plenty of work to truly make the smaller space hospitable at the very least. Plants had become a hobby of his long before now, but it wasn't something he often talked about -- not many people really cared to know the proper temperatures for hyacinths to grow in. Then again, a lot of things Cedric had to say weren't necessarily an exciting thing for most people who didn't know him past a surface level. He was a complicated man, to say the least. As he placed the bags down carefully on the nearby countertop, his eyes trailed to Estelle as she carefully began to touch the leaves of one of his plants.

"While it would be easier for me to ask for your help, I'd rather take the more chivalrous route and take care of things for you," he insisted. "You've had a long travel, it's the bare minimum I can do. Would you care for food or did you want me to draw you a bath?"

More attempts to get her to unwind and relax out from under the Queen's thumb. She looked exhausted, so a momentary sense of relaxation would help energize her for the work they had ahead. But before any of that could be done, he knew it best to firmly state what he figured their best course of action would be living together. And it came as no surprise that Cedric put her comfort above his own. While he'd lived there first, it was officially their home upon her arrival.

"You may take the bed, I have no qualms of taking the couch. I want you to make yourself comfortable; I don't know how long we'll be here, but it wouldn't hurt to make the most of it."

His tone felt insistent, as though he knew they wouldn't be granted this freedom for long. It felt bittersweet, but so cruel that Cedric didn't even know how to act with outsiders. While he'd managed to reconnect with some other cousins, Remiel continued to evade him. Not that he minded, as he knew well the man had already set roots down in Hoenn and wouldn't leave without practically being forced to. (But who was Cedric to force him to do anything? He'd established himself within the region, and unlike uprooted plants, it would be far more difficult to save the crown prince.)

close tab

played by

arti

Stella
She/Her
February 5th
Circhester, Galar
Demisexual
Military
Cadet
arranged.
engaged.
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @estelle
Estelle Valentine
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 20:48:37 GMT
Estelle Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stella1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Would you care for food or did you want me to draw you a bath?"[break][break]

Now that she thought about it her body did feel stiff. As if instinctively her hand reached up to message her now noticeable aching shoulder. "A bath sounds lovely." she spoke softly. She resisted the urge to insist that she could prepare it for herself. After all, she knew when to pick and choose her battles with him. [break][break]

This whole arrangement was awkward, courtesy of her majesty the Queen. It wasn't like she could refuse either. Whether Cedric was aware or not, the Queen had eyes here in the region as well. Sure, there were things that were out of her control here and she needed pawns like Cedric and Estelle to do her bidding, but that didn't stop her from having additional security here.[break][break]

Having just arrived here herself, Estelle didn't have any time to figure out where those eyes were located. But she knew better than to fully let her guard down whenever the Queen was involved. That's why she entertained this ridiculous living arrangement despite the fact that she could easily secure her own living abode on her own now that she was here. [break][break]

She was a dog trained well, after all. [break][break]

"You may take the bed, I have no qualms of taking the couch. I want you to make yourself comfortable; I don't know how long we'll be here, but it wouldn't hurt to make the most of it." Cedric spoke after a few moments of silence. [break][break]

Sanguine hues shifted and turned towards the young Duke, her expression unreadable as she studied him for a few quiet moments. Then with a sigh she held out a hand as if to stop him from continuing. "I'm afraid I'll have to stop you there, your highness." Estelle's tone was cool and frim. The distance between them growing further as she now referred to Cedric by his title instead of his name.[break][break]

She knew there was no way he would allow her to take the couch so she wouldn't even attempt to argue that point. "It would besmirch what little honor I have left to put you out of the comfort of your own bed in your own home." She paused for a moment, searching for the right words to say. "We're both adults with common sense. I trust that we can both behave ourselves properly and practice due courtesy between one another." [break][break]

Estelle crossed her arms over her chest as her tone made this suggestion sound final, like she would take no further arguments. "We'll both take the bed. Nothing more, nothing less." She said as she fixed a strong gaze on him. "I'll accept no other arrangements." With a click of her heels on the floor she pivoted and closed the distance between the two, grabbing one of her bags. "Now, would show me where to put my things? I'd like that bath now."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

🗡️ outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 2:15:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
How insistent.

Cedric felt his lips curl a bit as though he was ready to make some sort of rebuttal. Though when he parted his lips to speak, the only thing that could come out was his half of their verbal agreement. He couldn't dishonor a knight that had served his family so faithfully, and furthermore, couldn't dishonor the same person he was expected to marry.

"Very well, follow me."

At the very least, he took some of her belongings and took the lead towards their soon to be shared bedroom. With the door propped open, Cedric offered her the opportunity to take the lead. After which, he followed her in and quickly made his way to the closet. There he opened the door and carefully began to rearrange his own clothes so that there was more space available for Estelle when she had the opportunity to hang her belongings.

Each move he made was careful, almost as though it had been thought out prior. The room seemed much more humble than their quarters in Galar: a single window of average side draped with blackout curtains, a queen sized bed with silk sheets, accompanied by minimal decor. (In all fairness, Cedric wasn't exactly gifted in the art of feng-shui. His room reflected his personality: simple yet with a touch of flare.) While he offered Estelle the opportunity to make herself comfortable, Cedric slipped into the bathroom attached to his bedroom.

Sleeves rolled up as he tested the temperature of the water as it ran straight into the drain. Once he deemed it sufficient, the drain was plugged and a splash of lavender oil was added into the water. It took a moment, but once the bath was ready, Cedric stood to full height once more and carefully approached Estelle. While his hands immediately went to the bow around her neck, his eyes shot her a cautious glance as though waiting for the approval to help her undress. Even though it seemed simple enough, his hands still fell stiff; a gesture he'd have to get himself accustomed to given the Queen demanded the pair play nice.

close tab

played by

arti

Stella
She/Her
February 5th
Circhester, Galar
Demisexual
Military
Cadet
arranged.
engaged.
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @estelle
Estelle Valentine
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 7:50:35 GMT
Estelle Valentine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","stella1"]
[attr="class","text"]

As expected, Cedric relented. Estelle managed to sigh an inaudible sigh of relief as she followed behind him quietly while he led her to the bedroom. She wasn't quite sure what she would've done had he insisted on his desires. It all worked out in the end though, at least as well as it was going to. [break][break]

Believe it or not, Estelle felt herself quite nervous at the thought of sharing a bed with him, no matter how indifferent she made herself seem on the outside. She'd never been in such a close and intimate environment with someone before. It was something to be expected though, as that's what her staff told her she would need to prepare for once she was married to his highness but...[break][break]

The sound of Cedric filling the bathtub startled her from her thoughts. Clearing her throat gently she decided to start unpacking her things while he prepared the bath. Estelle had packed lightly anyway, just the necessities. The rest she could cover with a simple shopping trip now that she was here. [break][break]

By the time the bath was ready she had prepared a small basket full of everything she might need for proper self-care. As she approached the room she watched as Cedric rose to his full stature, towering above her. She silently held his gaze for a moment before opening her mouth to break the awkward silence between them. [break][break]

"Thank you. You've been most help--" her words caught in her throat as Cedric's hands reached for the bow fastened firmly around her neck. In a flash, Estelle felt searing hot heat cover her cheeks before her hand snapped towards Cedric's wrist and secured it. In her panic her grip was a bit tight, even though she hadn't realized. [break][break]

"T-There's no need to force yourself to do this your highness." her words were rushed as she was clearly flustered. "You're not my servant. I-I can handle undressing on my own." her head dipped a bit as she hid away her embarrassment. It was the first time she'd ever shown such stark emotion before.[break][break]

Normally among the noble elite back home she was considered the ice queen, incapable of feeling emotion. But that couldn't be further from the truth. Normally she'd be more composed but in situations just like this, the iron clad grip she held on her reason fluttered away, gone with the wind.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

🗡️ outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]