Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Mirror Never Lies [M]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 17:25:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was a simple smuggling job in Rustboro. Nothing more, nothing less. Despite that, three grunts ended up coming back, the package undelivered each time. They all mentioned the same story; a rain of arrows chasing them away from what they'd thought had been sacrosanct meeting spots.[break][break]

It wasn't a big enough job to rally a bigger force. It wasn't a dangerous enough threat for an assassin. But it was a job that needed to be done, and they'd pick grunts out of a hat until one of them stopped bellyaching, put their big boy pants on, and got it done.[break][break]

Unfortunately, their latest choice was another bellyacher.[break][break]

Isaac wasn't normally one to take up another's job. Hell, he wasn't normally one for missions in general these days. The second he found out where they were hiding , he was out of here. But until he knew, he had to blend in, and that meant getting his hands dirty when he needed to. Besides, he still had a soft spot for the rank-and-file. He might as well see who was giving them trouble.[break][break]

His first instinct was to arrange a meeting in the shadiest alley he could find, but he knew that wouldn't do. It'd be a poor choice for luring out a sniper, and if something did happen he'd have little room to maneuver. No, no. Instead, it'd be in a shady corner of one of Rustboro's small park, long after closing hours. The sniper would have plenty of bushes and trees to hide within without Isaac needing to work things into a rooftop chase. It'd also be open enough to fight back if things got ugly.[break][break]

5 of his finest waited in their Pokeballs, but a sixth had taken a different tact. Blending into Isaac's shadow seamlessly with its Shadow Sneak, Luck & Pluck was at far more direct attention. The Aegislash had always been protective of Isaac, and insisted on being at the ready if he was going to do something as dumb as become human bait.[break][break]

Isaac wondered what he'd do without his team sometimes.[break][break]

But for now, wondering was all he'd do. He stood by his landmark of choice, a fallen tree, and tapped his foot expectantly. Either the contact got here first for his box of I Don't Really Care, or the sniper did.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Sol

Teo, Mattie
He / Him
Twenty-three
October 11
Shalour City, Kalos
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
0 height
0 height
coping's all we can do at this point.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateoc
Mateo Cortés
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 0:05:28 GMT
Mateo Cortés Avatar
Supply runs weren't Mateo's favourite thing to disrupt. Most of the time they were done by those low on the ladder so to speak, where efficiency was preferred but ultimately not mandatory. It just needed to be done. It unfortunately meant that stopping such a thing didn't result in a failed mission. He only delayed its success until it was someone else's turn to come under fire.

This was a problem. One Mateo couldn't figure out how to solve yet.

So in the meantime he continued as he did, this time situating himself in a tree in the park after scaring asking politely where the next transfer would take place. Unbeknownst to anyone coming in, he was the first person on the scene, already hidden once the newcomer walked into his view.

One person with their hands holding a box, mask worn to hide their identity. While that was suspicious, Mateo couldn't really take action on someone who was just standing around. No, he needed to wait for the potential other half to the transaction.

So he kept still, bow and arrow held in his hands in hopes that another does come by with the goal of taking the package away.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 1:42:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's foot tapped in an offbeat rhythm. His fingers drummed along the corners of the box. Really, the waiting was the hard part. Isaac didn't do waiting. The missions he liked the best were the ones where he could scout out a bastard that deserved it, raise hell under the pretense of advancing Rocket's aims, and then ride off into the sunset.[break][break]

Mail duty was, to be blunt, a massive step down. But he'd survive.[break][break]

His eyes squinted as he saw who approached. Big guy. Shades covering his face, bandana covering his head, beard covering the rest. A Mightyena circling around his feet. One of the Hounds. Great. Fan-friggin-tastic. Isaac hadn't seen one of these guys since a mob of them tried to kill him in Oldale. Back then, he was a scrawny nobody with barely a full team of Pokemon to rub together.[break][break]

If they tried pulling something again, they'd be in for a rude awakening.[break][break]

"I got the money if you got the stuff." Because the Hounds were nothing if not traditional. Isaac's best poker face barely stopped him from rolling his eyes in the face of such a creative line. "So hand 'em over."[break][break]

"That's not how this works." Firm. Fearless. The man may've had a foot on Isaac, but that just meant cheap and easy access to both his solar plexus and huevos rancheros. "Cash first. Show me you're not skimping out on us."[break][break]

"Why? So you can hand me a box of dog shit?" The Hound cocked an eyebrow up at the package, which, fair, could've contained anything in the world. "I don't think so."[break][break]

"You saying we make dirty deals?" They did. But not this kind. "Trust me. If we had a bone to pick with you, you'd know it. Getting cold product would be the least of your problems."[break][break]

Isaac knew all too well what Rocket did, both to their enemies and to their so-called friends. This wasn't even the tip of the iceberg.[break][break]

"Clock's ticking, pup. We got a deal or what?"[break][break]

The Hound scowled at Isaac's insolence. He took a step closer, grabbing for Isaac's collar. His Mightyena bared its fangs along the sidelines. Bit by bit, he leaned closer, to the point where Isaac could practically smell the crook's breath. "Big words coming from a pipsqueak," he snarled. "You gonna put some respect on our name? Or am I gonna have to teach you what that word means?"[break][break]

"Huh. Neat. Guess you do know how to read."[break][break]

All hell broke loose. The man leaned back to headbutt Isaac's skull in, only to be cut off by a pair of knuckles right to the solar plexus. His headbutt turned into a clumsy lean forward as he let out a dusty wheeze. From there, all it took was a flick of the elbow upwards to smash the man's chin right with his elbow. His grip on Isaac released and his head snapped back, leaving his lower body nearly unprotected. That made a sweep to the back of the legs trivial, sending the man falling flat on his back.[break][break]

The Mightyena's hackles raised, a vicious snarl on its face, but Isaac held up a hand as if to silence it. With his other hand, he held the box down towards the fallen crook. A foot planted on his chest made it clear just who was in charge today. "Last chance, buddy. We doing this or what?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Sol

Teo, Mattie
He / Him
Twenty-three
October 11
Shalour City, Kalos
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
0 height
0 height
coping's all we can do at this point.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateoc
Mateo Cortés
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 7:14:06 GMT
Mateo Cortés Avatar
Well things took a turn fast.

Distrust rang high between the two dealers, neither offering to display their half of the trade. They could've just done it at the same time but nooo, instead they're just sizing each other up and seeing who would break first. If Mateo had two cents to give to this conversation, he'd say the big guy was the one who started it and escalated it beyond what's necessary. His opinion didn't matter though, not when the verbal match turned onto a physical one. He'd seen enough to know this was the operation he was after.

Mateo used the noise of the fight to hide his pull on his arrow, only letting go once one man was standing over the other. The arrow soared, its intention being to leave a scratch under the Rocket's lifted arm, then another over the large man's shoulder before embedding itself right next to his head. Unless the two made sudden movements it would hit both targets.

Whether the shot actually made its mark or not, Mateo made his presence known. It wasn't like the arrow wouldn't have done that already anyway. "How about another option? I leave with the package to see how its contents should best be used, and we all walk out of here in one piece." He notched another arrow. "I won't miss a second time."

The scratches were actually on purpose, but they didn't need to know that.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 1:11:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The two could have made sudden moves. Or their plus one could have made his presence known.[break][break]

A purple tassel burst from the shadows, its King's Shield shining in the park's lamplight as the two arrows splintered against it. With the message delivered, the rest of the Aegislash followed, his single eye narrowed as he tried to peer after the path of the arrow.[break][break]

Luckily, their mystery vigilante wasn't going to make it hard for them. He emerged from the shadows, arrow notched and words heavy with bravado. It wasn't a bad entrance. Isaac could see how, if he didn't already get tipped off to the trouble up ahead, he'd be starting this showdown off on the back foot.[break][break]

Turning to face Mateo Isaac simply dropped the package on the Hound's chest. He also squatted down to liberate the wallet from the other gangster's pocket before he got any funny ideas about scuttling away. Boom. Job done. Now he could focus on the pressing threat; the arrow being aimed right at him.[break][break]

"Was wondering when you'd show up," Isaac said. The same pocket that slipped the Hound's wallet into his pocket now rested nice and easy on his hip. Was it cockiness? Or was it keeping a Pokeball hidden beneath his palm, tucked away and ready to roll out of this fight went places. "Glad to know I wasn't put up to a bum job after all."[break][break]

"So. Gonna do the part where you flash your badge and give me the usual ramble? Or are you just gonna skip to the good bits?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights