Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
The Bicycle Diaries [PLOTS]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 14:23:45 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE BICYCLE DIARIES

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

OPEN PLOT
MEDICINE-CENTRIC
POST-GOODBYE GALAR

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/1133388591393951784/Dream.mp3[/player][break]
🎼 DREAM | Deemo | Rabpit
[break][break]

I. June 0x, 2023

I'm doing this now. Old habits are hard to break and all that. Well, new habits, I guess.[break][break]

I should start from the top.[break][break]

My name is John Douglas Sullivan. Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan, I've been constantly reminded in the past 2 days.[break][break]

For the past 20 years, I believed I was Ballonlea's lead physician. A teacher as well— an accidental religious figure too. Even something of an artist.[break][break]

I genuinely believed I had been— and I've been told that was wrong.[break][break]

I've been told that actually, I and several colleagues simply got knocked out, taking a 5 minute dirtnap in the ruins. Everything we went through? A collective dream— irrelevant, regardless of whether we truly were all trapped together or not.[break][break]

I disagree.[break][break]

I haven't spoken with anyone else who went through it, but I'm sure they are all carrying a little piece of Galar with them. I am.[break][break]

When I woke up you see, I had a carving knife on my pocket. Not a combat knife, not a cooking knife— A wood carving knife. Not any carving knife— My carving knife. The one I had used for almost 20 years. [break][break]

I had never even held one of those until Galar. [break][break]

It happened. These memories, crystal clear still, yet fading around the edges with each passing day... they're real. Everything we experienced there was real.[break][break]

My lieutenants tell me I feel different from before. I don't doubt I do. I don't feel like myself either. I can't remember what I was doing last week. I can't remember who half the people around me are— and the ones I do remember feel completely different from what I recall.[break][break]

Everything feels off. I can't get back into the day to day of military service. I can't be bothered to even attempt to keep up with my studies, simple as they seem now.[break][break]

I don't care about any of this anymore. And I'm not going to force myself to endure it. I'm too old for that shit.[break][break]

I'm a physician first and a soldier a far, far second, I realized a long time ago.[break][break]

So I don't care where I am. Galar or Hoenn—[break][break]

I'mma do my own thing.[break][break]
RELEVANT THREAD:
[break][break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
[break][break]

II. PLOT PURPOSE

Transitioning Doug from the current place and narrative role of mostly military and youth centric plots I stumbled him into some 3-ish years ago to more broad, independent and politically involved plots around the Hoenn region.[break][break]

Hoping to portray him as a now more thoughtful, self-assured man who follows through on his convictions, wherever they take him from here onwards.[break][break]

The method of delivery will, naturally— be via an unplugged roadtrip around the Hoenn region. On an all-terrain Bicycle.[break][break]

• Doug is currently a member of the AQUA Initiative. He is the former Gym Leader of Mauville for the period 2020-2021.
  • Doug has served as a commissioned Officer of the army since late 2019 until now.
  • Doug is the avatar of Tapu Lele.
  • He spent 20 years in Galar, donning many hats during that time— but coming to specially enjoy his work as a healer and sculptor.
  • His avatar powers are largely centered around Tapu Lele's healing scales, which heavily influenced his choice to become a healer in Galar.
  • After 'waking up' back in Hoenn, he found that most of the dexterities he acquired and needed for surgical or sculpting work had mostly disappeared. He also found that he improved quickly after a few hours attempting to sculpt, compared to his actual first back in Galar.
[break][break]

III. LF: PLOT ACTORS

This is open to anyone and everyone. League, rocket or civilian, whether if you have met Doug before or never even heard of him.

[break][break][break]

PLOTTING
THE ROAD MAP

THE CALENDAR
[break][break]

This plot occurs during the period of June-August 2023, over 12 weeks. Doug arrives at a location, gets to know what's going on, and at the end of each Week, he'll will travel to the next city.[break][break]

I. EVERGRANDE CITY

Doug's first stop— home to the Pokemon League's Headquarters.[break][break]

Before the journey can even begin— he must first submit his leave request form.[break][break]

EXISTING THREADS:
[break][break]
  • N/A
[break][break]

Please direct any interest to (EBC on Discord)!

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omgentop"]background-color:#ef4b4d;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#ee96e9,#ec6262);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".omgen b"]color:#CC7722;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omgen h3"]color:#CC7722;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 17:14:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

June
# COMPLETE # ONGOING # INACTIVE
Week 01 Ever Grande City
THREAD TYPE
LEAVE, ft.

Week 02 Mossdeep City
THREAD TYPE
n/a

Week 03 Pacifidlog Town
THREAD TYPE
n/a

Week 04 Slateport City
THREAD TYPE
n/a

PURCHASED/TRADED POKEMON

July

Week 01 Dewford Town
THREAD TYPE
n/a

Week 02 Petalburg City
THREAD TYPE
n/a

Week 03 Oldale Town
THREAD TYPE
n/a

Week 04 Littleroot Town
THREAD TYPE
n/a

PURCHASED/TRADED POKEMON

August

01 Week Mauville City
THREAD TYPE
n/a

02 Week Verdanturf Town
THREAD TYPE
n/a

03 Week Rustboro City
THREAD TYPE
n/a

04 Week Fallarbor Town
THREAD TYPE
n/a

PURCHASED/TRADED POKEMON
All credit for the template goes to murk
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 17:30:07 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

PLOTTING

This is a Wanted Ad and all that, technically.

If you've got an idea, feel free to either post here or DM me (EBC in the forum discord) directly. The focus of the threads should be on at least 1 central theme. Some themes could be:[break][break]
  • Medicine &/or Healing
  • University and Education
  • Competitive Pokemon Battling
  • Charity work
  • The league & responsibility
  • Tapu Lele

Or anything else you might come up with. Bring your ideas and let's plot!

Right now, there's 4 cities to choose from; depending on which city it takes place in, the thread would be set at a different point in the timeline. For example, in Evergrande, at week 01 of June, only from a few days would've passed since Goodbye Galar.

Feel free to pick any city you want, s'long as there's an open slot in it!

• June 2023, Week 01: Evergrande City, (0/2)
  • June 2023, Week 02: Mossdeep City, (0/2)
  • June 2023, Week 03: Pacifidlog Town, (0/2)
  • June 2023, Week 04: Slateport City, (0/3)

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights