awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Things Left Unsaid [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 17:54:54 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
It mattered little what haunted her these days, for it were always the same things. Regrets of days long gone. Regrets and hurts that had never bothered her in all these long, long years. A lie, perhaps. At one time they had threatened to destroy her, but she'd managed to restrain them, reign in those feelings and channel them into becoming her strength.

Yes, she'd thought she'd gotten over them.

And now, she realised.

She had never been.

Not when that spark had reflected in the depths of Palkia's Spacial Rend. Those familiar voices whispering in her ear, coaxing her to believe again. To believe that the dead could stand beside her once more. Ever since, Kyrenai had heard her voice resonating in her head more than once. And every time the fear of it being truth had grasped her heart, squeezing it ever so slightly. And every time it squeezed, she felt the grip get tighter and tighter.

Had she skipped a few nights of sleep?

Had she forgone meals at times, and neglected her duties to escape her own thoughts?

Shamefully she admitted; yes.

The assassin had allowed herself to spiral into something that she had to fix before it was too late. Yet when the reports came in of Penelope Livy having died during one of her expeditions, and having risen from the dead just as quickly, Kyrenai's greatest fear became a reality. It became her hope.

A flicker of doubt still danced in her eyes as she took her first steps through the portal leading into the Borders. Something -her heart, her guts, or something beyond, who was to say- had lured her back to the Borders. To make sure. To see if the voice that had whispered in her ear back at Mt. Pyre had truly been her. Deep down she knew, however, that if she'd be granted a single more chance to be with her, she'd walk the Borders forever.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

How long had she been wandering about the endless sepias of floating mountains and isles?

If one told her time flowed differently within the Border, she would've been inclined to believe them, for the concept of time had faded from her mind a long time ago.

A long time, she thinks. But she's not sure.

The only certainty is the pull dragging her heart and her feet onward; she's long since passed all the notable landmarks she'd come across during her exploration and ventured into territories yet to be mapped.

"I'll find you." she whispers to the winds, and for a moment her hand finds itself back on the blade's hilt.

A memento, of arguably better days.

Her blade.

She'd never been able to part with it. And after the investigations had been concluded, she'd done everything in her power to retrieve it. A token meant to remind her whenever her mind dared waver.

Something unspoken calls the assassin to attention, and when she lifts her gaze from the voids occupying her thoughts she sees the fields before her; hundreds, if not thousands of flowers dance upon the breeze. Among them a single flower; Poppy. Piercing blue. It stands proud among the sea of white, like a cloudless sky among snowbound peaks.

She crosses the floral sea towards it, and for a second time she lingers before it, and kneels. Her fingers tenderly graze its petals, yet she does not question why it was a flower so blue of all things that called for her; its loneliness a silent reminder.

It only reminds the assassin of her.

Of Yuki Hanakata.

"I missed you, Yuki," she whispers to the flower, fingers lowering to its stem, silently admitting. "I still miss you."

And then she pulls.

close tab

played by

junkohz

yuki-onna
she/her
December 17
ecruteak city, kanto
bisexual
assassin
civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
5 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuki
yuki hanakata
Things Left Unsaid [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 3:22:48 GMT
yuki hanakata Avatar
It was so strange to walk in the darkness. A path without a destination. A dream without an end. The details had once been so grandiose and vivid when she had first experienced this. It was a strange sense that had overcome her when she first did come here. She felt at peace. And there were others. Other swirls of color. Something had guided them here for some purpose that had been long forgotten. No matter it was, She did not care anymore. There was no suffering or bad things here. Not while being here. And yet, she called out for somebody. A name that eluded her, yet her being would whine time and time again.

But over time, no matter how hard she chose to ignore it, they were darkening. The flowers lost their luster, the skies are darkened into an infinite drivel. Some time ago, all the colors had disappeared, leaving just white lines and an eternal darkness that never ended. She had been walking it for some time. Enough that the once colorful meadow had been but a vague recollection. Any specifics had been all but lost. There had once been something, but now, nothing. It had been some time since she had felt the feeling of something.

It grabbed at her very being and pulled. It was slight at first. A minor annoyance before eventually, it would continue until it overpowered her. She struggled against whatever had her until she plunged through the very ground that she had once walked on top of. yet inside, the darkness was receding. The colors that she had yearned for had seeped all the way down here? She wanted to experience each one again. So many combinations, brilliants strokes of a brush. And as it all would fade into a piercing white light...

And then, She was not here, but somewhere.

Her sight was blurred and strained. Her entire being hurt. But a sickened cough went through her throat. Where was she? This was not where she had been long ago. Yet as she looked down, the woman was greeted by robes of white covering her naked form. But any recollection about her was...less than rewarding. Nothing. She had remembered just vague things in her mind. Like somebody had smeared ink across a photograph. Who even was she? Shaking legs would slowly pick her up as she made her way up and took her first, burning breath of air.

She coughed again, grasping at a nearby tree for sturdiness while rubbing her head. Her throat ached, and any attempts at speaking was accompanied by a death rattle. The shade felt wonderful against her, having been awoken in some kind of strange landscape. Was this some new world or experience? She slowly lurched forward while trying to remember anything in her mind.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

How long had it been since she began this journey? The damned worlds here merged together all too much. She continued to trudge her way through the meadow she was inside of. Her robes had worn off some time ago, having been caught in a branch on torn asunder. But yet, she continued to walk forward while grumbling to herself. There was a crimson figure off in the distance as she looked on. Normally, a part of her would have demanded she walk away and avoid suspicion, but Arceus, this color, this thing, this...person? It called to her. A name suddenly shot into her mind as she began to walk closer.

"Kuh..Yuh...Ni..." It was soft at first, barely a whisper. But as she said it more and more, she could feel something for the first time in what felt like an eternity. "Kya...nee" Again. "Kur-nah." And again. "Kyr-ni" Her shuffling continued, limping towards the shade of red as she clutched her head, fingers strained against her icy locks while her free hand would reach forward as she was within range of this woman. Maybe she'd sense her presence, but she stopped some feet before her. An expression of pain on her face. The exhaustion of her journey, the confusion of where and who she was. Even the sense that she somehow knew this woman somehow. It hit her at once. Her dried, plump lips would hesitate before speaking up for the first time in an eternity. A familiar voice that the woman in red had longed to hear.

"Kyrenai." She said, standing in the field of blue poppy as the wind slowly ran through her long hair. She coughed, not used to speaking so quickly with a throat comprised mostly of dust and earth as the woman knelt. "Hurts. Talking."

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Things Left Unsaid [M]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 22:40:26 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
She denies the wind that whispers her name ever so sweetly. Denies the voice it resembles so closely she would have mistaken it for hers altogether. Twisted be the world of sepia playing tricks on her mind, granting her memories of voice and flora; reminding her of the woman she'd once loved so dearly. Someone she yearns for.

Cruel be the world, as it numbs her senses of that which surrounds her. Kyrenai's focus is solely on the flower in her hand, so much so that when she looks up and regards the image of the woman standing before her, she smiles solemnly, thinking it an illusion. The Borders toying with that which her heartstrings have cried for years on end.

At least Hoenn had been kind enough to muffle those cries over time.

The Border however did not carry such kindness.

"Kyrenai."

The assassin remained kneeling, like a knight before their queen, and for a long while she just stared at the illusion that was Yuki Hanakata; every detail still as she remembered it. The brightness of her icy eyes matching that of the long strands of hair messy around her face. The paleness of skin peeking beneath the torn clothing she wore.

"Hurt. Talking."

Gentless and warmth radiated from crimson eyes as Kyrenai rose, the expression of her face breaking into something reminiscent.

"Then don't, little Blue,"

She bridged the distance with a single, languid stride, reaching out to the illusion with the flower pinned between her fingers. "We need no words." The smile she wore never ceased, lovingly she settled the poppy within her hair, smoothing it over and tucking a stray lock of blue behind her ear. Her hand lingered. How strange that she could feel this illusion as if it was truly physical. Like it was truly-

Crimson eyes widened.

This was no reflection of her mind's desire… this… this was real?

Realization dawned, slow but true, and it showed in her eyes when the turmoil of emotions fought for dominance. Confusion. Denial. Regret. And then, carefully. Hope.

"Yuki…?" While her hands remained steady, her voice shook with just that single word, a name trembling upon her lips. "You- you're really here? But how? It can't be." Both hands now rose back to touch Yuki's, cupping her face so gently like she was handling the frailest of china. Disbelief reigned in her eyes, but when the skin under her fingers didn't give way for clouds and smoke, tears filled it instead, and she flung her arms around her.

"You're back. You're finally back."

close tab

played by

junkohz

yuki-onna
she/her
December 17
ecruteak city, kanto
bisexual
assassin
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
5 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuki
yuki hanakata
Things Left Unsaid [M]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 2:21:09 GMT
yuki hanakata Avatar
She stood there, standing across from the crimson haired woman whose name circled her mind. It was her sole purpose in this life, just a name. No orders or thoughts, but a strong desire to seek her out thought the reason why was still shrouded in mystery. Her bare form was revealed to her, as pure and bare as the day she had been born. Yet the woman known to her in her soul as Kyrenai didn't seem to mind one bit. She walked forward in a confident stride towards her with a flower in hand. It was quite beautiful, enough to distract her from her task for all but a brief moment.

But why did it make her feel so weird about it?

"Little...Blue." She repeated. That nickname felt familiar, much like everything else this woman had caused her so far. Yet she stood, huffing in a body still adjusting to breathing and resting from her prone position for a while. As Kyrenai moved in front of her, she looked up to watch her gloved hands gently tuck the flower inside of her hair. They were warm and felt nice against her own. Pale cheeks felt a tinge of color add themselves to her face as the soft weight of the flower made itself known in her hair. A moment shared between two people so obviously close. Yet she was still uncertain. Her eyes lingered on Kyrenai's for a moment as her expression changed. That's when she heard that name.

Yuki. It was her. That was her name.

Her head felt the pressure of a vice grip crushing her temples into pieces while looking on with a confused glance. Kyrenai seemed so unsure and confused, and something felt wrong about that. Another hand placed itself on her cheeks, the blue haired woman watching while her own inner thoughts were trying to untangle themselves. Her...Yuki's hand slowly rose to place her hand on Kyrnai's shoulder, as if to help her calm herself, though maybe it could have the exact opposite. "I...I'm Yuki?" she asked her companion, still puzzled as ever.

Why couldn't she remember? Who was this woman in front of her? Why did she knew her name? Why couldn't she stop this faint feeling of excitement?

Her hands slowly wrapped around the woman's as she watched the tears fall from her eyes. Yuki pressed her head against the other woman's in a way that felt natural.

"Kyrenai." It slipped from her lips as she squeezed her again. The hug was comfortable, a soft reminder that she was going to be okay. Something nagging in the back of her head reminded her that this woman was important to her. "I...I don't remember...B-But I heard your voice...Calling out to me for so long. Why do I know you?..." Yuki fussed, getting her brows furrowed as she had in the past when they were students together. That frustrated sigh and bratty pout had become more softspoken and hesitant now.

Oh. She didn't even notice that she was crying. Yuki looked over at the redhead for a moment as tears flowed down her own pale cheeks. "I'm glad I'm with you now..."

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Things Left Unsaid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 23:29:28 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
"You're Yuki." Kyrenai felt her voice break, her throat strangled by the onset of tears she tried to blink away. She could wipe them away with her hands, but that meant moving them from a face she didn't want to stop holding. Not now. Not ever.

Through blurred eyes she could see herself mirrored, Yuki's eyes reddened, tears staining her cheeks and gathering against the assassin's hands. A surprised chuckle left her lips as Yuki spoke again, her voice so soft and gentle... so tired. As if she were just waking up after sleeping far too long. In a way, she had been that; asleep.

"You heard me... and you found your way back. To me, of all people..."

There was worry for the part where she mentioned not remembering, but it paled momentarily when she said she was glad. The confliction of the first sentence contrasted the second; mayhaps Kyrenai was too hopeful at that point. Hoping the confusion would fade for memoried past soon enough. For now she'd have to build on that little spark of recognition she had.

Her thumb gently rubbed away her tears, then gently moved up towards her brow to smooth the frown over. "You still frown like that, after all these years," she smiled softly, kissing her forehead. Then, finally noticing the bare skin underneath as her hands lowered, Kyrenai unclipped her cloak and tossed it over the pale woman's shoulders, pulling it closed. The thing was oversized, but right now it was the perfect size to cover the other woman up.

"That might be better against the cold," she nodded, giving Yuki a once-over. An ounce of self-restraint returned, and with it the basic 101 she had to do. She could gawk and wonder about the who's, whats and why's of Yuki's return after they'd gone somewhere safer than here. "How are you feeling, Yuki? Do you think you can walk?"

close tab

played by

junkohz

yuki-onna
she/her
December 17
ecruteak city, kanto
bisexual
assassin
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
5 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuki
yuki hanakata
Things Left Unsaid [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 2:45:47 GMT
yuki hanakata Avatar
Her touch was soft and gentle, the moment of another person finally touching her after so long. Yuki flinched a little, though not at her touch. The sensation of feeling another person that she could feel not just malleability but actual, warm resistance. "You're so warm..." Yuki slowly reached up after her tears had been wiped away, her fingers slowly wrapped around Kyrenai's hand as she focused on that feeling. It was so distant, yet, familiar. Her brows softened at the touch of the other woman but the eyes were a window to the soul, and hers showcased her confusion at what was going on. "It's been so long since I've been able to feel something."

She graciously accepted Yuki's cloak to wrap around her and was able to begin to warm up. The woman exhaled and then smiled at her crimson counterpart. A rare thing for the woman, even back before they had met, she normally had a nasty case of RBF. So seeing it now was a little shocking given the gap of time. "Thank you." she said genuinely, her cheeks reddening a little as her mind was still hazy. Her eyes focused on Kyrenai's again as she focused on that face again. Why did it remind her of something? Her expression faltered as suddenly, a sharp pain came to her head.

Yuki recoiled in a silent hiss as something back to her mind.

- - - - - -

It was dusk, where the sun kissed the earth to bid farewell as the moon was still barely visible in the sky. Flashes of steel lay heavy in the sky above. Silhouettes struck out in her mind, though she couldn't see anything. They were pale mannequins, void of any identifiable features.

Except for one. It flashed briefly in her mind, but was one that had stuck in her mind for so long. It was Kyrenai's, turned into a crying mess.

Was this something they had done together?
Or was this the last thing she saw before she had passed on?

- - - - - -

Yuki came back holding her forehead, huffing as her heart rate had increased. She wasn't sure why she could gauge how fast it was in a few seconds, but it was another veiled quirk locked behind a curtain of the currently unknown.

"S-Sorry, I just...remembered seeing you. Somewhere else." The blue haired woman slowly helped get back onto her feet again. The grass beneath her toes felt nice. Touch was still so foreign to her, after an eternity of not being able to do much of it. Her wobbling legs was a dead giveaway of her physical capabilities. Blue nails slowly held onto her form without being aware of doing so. "Where are we?" she asked Kyrenai.

The scenery looked so...not where they had met last. Where the hell was that though? Everything just confused her and it was only putting her more on edge and getting annoyed. Her eyes explored around the scenery once she had met Kyrenai in full. All the things looked so alien and foreign to her. She looked to Kyrenai again, looking to the sky.

"Are you...real, Kyrenai? Why can't I remember anything? Is this another dream again? I don't understand..."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights