183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< round-up > [s/carnival]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 15:08:28 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
His Sprigatitos seemed all too eager to enjoy a fun day at the carnival. Indica sat in his arms as Sativa made leaps and bounds around his ankles as it weaved its way through. The younger of the two was much more excited to see what the carnival had in store. Sven nearly tripped over the eager grass cat and couldn't help but laugh. He wasn't upset at the slightest, aware of how Sativa could be.

"Hey hey, calm down, we're almost there!" he offered with a hearty chuckle.

Maybe the younger Sprigatito was excited over the fact a playdate was in order. But it seemed the cat eased up as it came to a happy trot beside Sven. He gave the creature a nod of approval as he himself picked up the pace. Sven maneuvered Indica a bit in his arms as he fished his phone out of his pocket. He'd recently had a chance to speak with someone else and organize a playdate with their respective Sprigatitos. The pair agreed on Lilycove for their get-together. If he remembered correctly, there were flyers all about from the Ever Grande City gym leader's travelling carnival. It seemed like a stupendous idea given how Hoenn really needed some joy brought back.

As he looked up, Sven saw the gates to the carnival. His eyes sparkled as his mouth fell wipe open in pure gusto. Here, he felt like a kid again. Eager fingers tapped away at the screen of his phone as he shot Elinor a message.

Hey! I'm at the gate right now! I'll meet you by the TAURUS-RODEO GAME!

With a map of the carnival in hand, Sven searched for the quickest path to the rodeo game and made haste. Sativa managed to keep up without breaking a sweat, which he was grateful for. The carnival was teeming with people, so he wouldn't forgive himself if the Sprigatito got lost. It seemed he'd been the first to reach the destination, so he simply waited. But it didn't take long until Sativa took off towards a stranger.

"Wait!"

It wasn't long until the Sprigatito hopped up on the leg of the stranger as if it smelled something familiar. Maybe it could smell the other Sprigatito? Sven caught up with Sativa and gave a sigh of frustration. Once he looked up, he caught sight of the similar face he'd come across on AmiGo. Quickly his disposition changed from frustration to something chipper. He stood back up and offered a free hand out to shake, his other used to hold Indica, the older of the two Sprigatitos in his collection. The one in his arms simply yawned.

"Oh! You must be Elinor! I'm Sven, pleased to meet you!"

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 20:08:28 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

When at first Her Porygon-Z had admitted to writing the Amigo profile and doing a fair bit of swiping and texting, she had found herself annoyed. She had taken it as a sleight against her, but with how her life had been going perhaps it was needed.

And so instead of declining she had accepted the proposition given to her. And so she had brought Gati her Sprigatito out for some fresh air and a playdate.

The grass type was currently nestled on her shoulder, taking in the lights, the sounds, and that delicious smell of treats. Still, it would not sway her to leave her trainer’s side.

A pling from her phone alerted Elinor to a new message. She took out her phone and read it.

Hey! I'm at the gate right now! I'll meet you by the TAURUS-RODEO GAME!

The Tauros-Rodeo-Game? That should be around here…

Before she could do a proper check of her surroundings she noticed the sensation of a small weight jumping at her leg.

She looked down, and so did her Sprigatito both noticing the other green feline.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Sven.” she grabbed his hand with a level of professionalism befitting someone of her former occupation.

The Green Cat on her shoulder gave a chipper meow-ing greeting as it looked at Sven’s companions taking stock of them as one does.

PROMPT:
- Reference the Tauros-Rodeo-Game

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 13:42:46 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
His grip in the handshake tightened just a bit to show his gusto as he returned it. But before he could speak to the former councilwoman, he was interrupted by the loud whine of Sativa as it tried to get Elinor's Sprigatito's attention. Indica offered its brother a snort as it finally lept from Sven's arms and batted at the younger brother.

"Oh! These two are Indica and Sativa. Indica's a chill little guy while Sativa's a bit more high strung. As you can see, the latter is very excited to play."

The pokemon imitated its trainer in that aspect. Sven himself was excited to play and see just what the games had to offer. He finally slipped his hand out of the shake and turned his attention to the rides that lined the walkways of the carnival and he couldn't help the way he beamed in excitement.

"But just cause this is a playdate for our Sprigatitos doesn't mean we can't have some fun ourselves! The drop tower looks pretty promising if you don't mind heights!"

Should he have been a bit more stiff in his mannerisms? Perhaps, but there were two issues: he was here for fun. The second issue being that he hadn't realized that the councilwoman had gracefully stepped down. He was as oblivious as the day was young. But maybe that oblivious nature could help show Elinor a good time at the carnival. (Despite how ignorant he was to the elephant in the room, he could still see that something about her seemed distressed.)

Sven was the first to take the step towards the rides. But immediately following, he caught sight of a crying child whom had just gotten off of one of the thrill rides with her older brother. While the boy tried to calm his sister down, Sven figured his own talents could shine. He approached the pair and tilted his head at the crying child. She clung to her older brother, still shaken up by the ride.

"Hey, hey, there's no need for a girl as brave as you to be crying. You rode that ride and managed to make it off, right?" he reasoned.

The girl nodded with a sniffle.

"Then there's no need to be scared anymore, right? You conquered that ride like it was a raging Dragonite and I think that's pretty cool of you!"

The sibling duo grinned up at him as he flashed them a thumbs up. Somehow his little pep talk had worked, and the kids zipped off towards another ride, met with a confidence boost to take on even the wildest of rides. Sven soon turned his attention back to Elinor and spoke again.

"I was thinking the drop tower, but I guess I invited you, right? So pick your poison," he joked.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 16:32:42 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Elinor noticed the tightening of the grip, and couldn’t help but wonder whether nervousness was getting to Sven, but before either of the two could speak the loud whine of Sativa rose into the air catching the pinkette and her feline’s attention.

Seeing how Sven’s other Sprigatito jumped down and battered the younger, caused Elinor to allow a mild chuckle to escape.

The little display even managed to catch Gati’s attention. The Sprigatito on Elinor’s shoulders jumped down, giving the pair a good and proper greeting sniff, and a cheery meow.

“Certainly. I was counting on trying a few things, actually.” A small white lie, she hadn’t given it any thought.

But be that as it may, Sven was still the first to take the first few steps toward a ride. And in doing so he stumbled upon a pair of children whom one of them was in distress.

Elinor watched in quietly appreciative contemplation as Sven eased the sniffles of the distressed sibling.

Before long Sven had handled the situation and turned to offer her a choice. She pretended to think for a moment, but her mind had been made up the moment he suggested it. “The Drop Tower sounds like a good place to start." She motioned for him to lead the wave as she took a moment to make sure the three felines hadn't gotten themselves into any trouble.

PROMPT: N/A

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 15:57:49 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
And just like that, the pair were off to take on the drop tower. Sven stopped just for a moment to tell his Sprigatitos not to run off too far. At least he was guaranteed they'd be willing to listen. The concern, however, was Elinor's Sprigatito. Maybe with the company of the other two, it would remain. Indica took the opportunity to make itself comfortable near the gate. In the meantime, Sativa seemed to playfully pounce on their playdate in a mock fight. Its front paws batted at the opposing cat which earned a laugh from Sven.

"Play nice, you two."

Once they reached the front, Sven took it upon himself to snipe the first two neighboring seats he could find on the ride. It didn't take much to buckle himself in, and he had no qualms of helping his newfound acquaintance should she need it. The attendant went around and made sure everyone was fastened, then flashed a thumbs up to the operator. It was mere seconds before the ride slowly began to rise towards the top.

It was hard to make much conversation as he felt the anxiety of the ride building. But was it really anxiety when he couldn't break the wide grin that spread across his face? No, he felt excited. In a matter of minutes, the ride reached the top and sat at a standstill. He readied himself for the drop, but it never seemed to come. Confusion plastered itself onto his expression as he looked at Elinor, absolutely bewildered.

"Do you think the ride is broke--"

And just like that, it let loose.

An involuntary scream ripped itself from Sven's throat as the ride plummeted, then came to a harsh stop just before it could hit the ground. Eyes wide in excitement and bewilderment. The ride had certainly caught him by surprise, but like any good ride, it didn't stop there. The ride continued to rise and fall, and each time it seemed to drop, he felt his heart in his throat. A white-knuckled grip on the handlebars, he tried desperately to fight against gravity, but with each rise and fall, it seemed that physics were in control. Despite that, he was having the time of his life.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 18:18:20 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Gati would not run anywhere. Not after Sativa jumped upon it in a playful pounce. Gati wasn’t about to let a challenge go unanswered. And so it returned the favor with a playful batting of its own.

One last look later and Elinor found herself in the line, waiting patiently alongside Sven. But there was no conversation to be had. Perhaps the anxiety had gotten to Sven? Elinor wasn’t particularly fussed about it. Rather than anxiety she felt excitement.

The moment the ride allowed them to enter, she would quickly follow Sven, claiming the spot by his side. And for the moment she felt a fluttering in her stomach. The excitement was growing, and it continued to do so as the ride began to move slowly upwards, until it at last halted in at the top for a prolonged moment.

She was about to reply when the ride dropped them. And what was supposed to be words turned into an excited scream. Like Sven she fought gravity, grabbing the handlebars as hard as she could.

But all her efforts meant little. She could do naught but scream and be excited with the rest of them.

PROMPT:

- Ride a Drop Tower Ride.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 18:28:07 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Once the ride stopped, Sven heaved a sigh that helped the adrenaline course a bit better through his body. There was no doubt he enjoyed himself, but the fact he and his carnival guest wouldn't be plumetting from at at least fifty feet or more in the air was a relief all in its own. He undid the clasp on his restraints and hopped out of the seat. Once Elinor managed to do the same with her own, he offered a hand out to be polite. Whether or not she took it, he felt his ears prick as something gave a snapping sound beneath the panel they were on -- not the sound of the metal part breaking, but it sounded like something within it broke. Brows furrowed in a sense of concern. Another snap, and the power to the ride was killed.

Sven grimaced a bit as he took the opportunity to hurry down the steps and eyed the operator. With a point to the access door, Sven wordlessly asked if he could duck in and make a check. Once the door was open, he ducked in through the hatch and used his phone's flashlight to get a better look. From the looks of it, a couple wires snapped that seemed to connect to the breaker. Brows furrowed as he attempted to push the wires together. To no surprise, he got shocked and let out a sound of surprise more than pain. Sven ripped his hand back and waved it a bit. From his belt, he took one of the pokeballs at his side and used his Morpeko. It was quick to twist the wires together with its stubby paws and even offered a salute. But he knew it wouldn't hold.

"Hey Elinor?" he attempted to get the blonde's attention. "Do you happen to have any fire type pokemon with you? I got Ziggy to twist these wires together but it'll be better to solder them."

At the mention of its name, the Morpeko crawled out of the hatch first, soon followed by its trainer. Sven withdrew the Morpeko once more and dusted himself off from the chunks of mud and grass that had gotten on his pants.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 15:57:01 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Well, that was quite the ride. Her legs felt almost wobbly as she walked away after undoing the clasps and getting up.

Unfortunately she didn’t get far as the sound of something snapping and breaking. Suddenly the ride didn’t seem quite as safe.

But where Elinor considered letting the person behind all of this know, Sven was quick to duck beneath the ride to see if he could fix it.

She couldn’t help but wonder what his qualifications for such maintenance were. But when he, and much to her surprise a Morpekko, emerged it seemed they had already deduced the problem, tried to fix it and realized they needed some help with the finishing touches.

“I do.” She nodded and retrieved a Pokeball. From it a Hisuian Typhlosion appeared. It looked around, then at its trainer wondering why it had been summoned in such a non-combat situation.

“We need you to go in there and solder some wires.”

Typhlosion considered the idea for a moment, then nodded. It could do that. And so it dived beneath the ride, finding the wires that needed soldering and began to use its flames to gently solder them together.

PROMPT:

- Help fix a ride.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 0:09:00 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
With the Typhlosion's handiwork in check, he flashed the pokemon a thumbs up as a form to acknowledge its hard work. It seemed everything was in working condition. Sweat trickled down his neck from how stuffy it had been under the machine, and the added heat of the Typhlosion only seemed to make it worse. Sven ducked out completely and allowed himself to cool off. He soon drew his Morpeko back into its pokeball and grinned from ear to ear.

"Thanks, both of you!" he offered. "The ride should be safe for now, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on it."

The latter words were offered to the operator. With the ride momentarily fixed, the pair had no need to linger. Sven whistled and both of his Sprigatitos bounded towards him. He used both arms to pick the felines up and beamed at them. For a moment, Sven's stomach rumbled loudly and a split-second look of embarrassment plastered itself onto his face before he laughed it off.

"I think that's our cue to go get something, you want anything?"

He glanced between Elinor and Gati. Whenever they offered an answer, he took off towards the snack stand and glanced back to see if the pair opted to follow. Once Sven reached it, he looked over the menu and practically salivated at a bit of everything the stand had to offer. Something about fair food was so good, maybe it was how unhealthy it was. But he didn't care. After some careful pondering, Sven got a large order of fries that the two and their pokemon could share, an energy drink for himself, a drink for Elinor, and then a small dish of ice cream for the Typhlosion that had been so kind to help solder the wires.

With all of the treats in tow, Sven took to a free table and sat it all down before he went to go get some ketchup for the fries. Notably the twin Sprigatitos in his team hopped up onto the bench on one side of the table in the meantime. Sven didn't take long to return, as he took his seat and then soon offered the ice cream dish out to the Typhlosion.

"A thanks for you!" he insisted. Then carefully pushed the drink for Elinor her way. "And a thanks for you!"

With the treats offered, Sven took to the fries and began to eat a couple.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 18:48:26 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
The Hisuian Typhlosion wore an almost cheeky grin as Sven acknowledged his efforts.

“Just glad to be of assistance.” Elinor replied for a moment considering to put the Typhlosion back into its ball, but she figured it might as well be allowed some time outside.

With no reason to linger they made their way away from the ride. Sven retrieved his Sprigatitos’ and alongside them followed Elinor’s own green kitten. It seemed to have enjoyed itself well enough.

Elinor picked up the little green feline and considered Sven’s question. “Sure, I am feeling a bit peckish.” An understatement. She could feel the quiet rumbling of a growing hunger in her gut.

And so they made their way to the nearest food stand. Sven seemed to buy a fair bit of food. Elinor bought a large serving of fries as well, mostly for herself and her own Pokemon, but there’d be enough to share should Sven’s feast prove inadequate.

Once her portion was done, Elinor joined Sven at the table, graciously accepting the drink Sven offered. Even going so far reply in kind “Oh no need to thank me, I wouldn’t have been able to fix the ride like that.” Before starting to snack on her own fries.

And so did the Typhlosion, doing its best to keep what little table manners it had been taught intact as it began to consume the cold dish.

PROMPT:

- Eat a Carnival Treat

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 23:36:49 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"Well we were both part of the end result if you think about it, so we both helped to fix it," he reasoned.

Sven began to pile ketchup on his own plate of fries and soon went to devour them. But as he got about a quarter of the way through his plate, he began to slow down. Maybe it was due to the fact that his eyes were bigger than his stomach, or maybe he'd just eaten them too quickly. Either way, it resulted in smaller bites and fewer takes from his plate. Eyes watched the Typhlosion with a sense of curiosity. He'd heard briefly about the Hisuian variants, but it was strange to see something that had supposedly been lost in time so out in the open. Whenever the Typhlosion looked at him, Sven flashed an awkward smile.

"I just happened to pick up the wiring trick with my own dj equipment, and then there's always working on stuff to get my foot in the door as far as research goes."

He was a sharp-minded individual but self-abnegation barred him from bragging about his talents. With his own share of the fries ate, he allowed both of his Sprigatitos to dig right in. It wasn't long until his attention focused on a nearby booth. Something about guessing how many there were? Sven stood up from his seat and carefully eyed the Spinda they had in a group. Though of course none of them stood still long enough to be counted. As his eyes tried to keep track of them all, he felt himself grow dizzy at the display. He gave his guess of 17 and the booth attendant shook their head. Better luck next time.

He came back and couldn't help but stumble a bit on the way. Once he gained his bearings, Sven shook his head a bit to stop the spinning in his head.

"That game's impossible!"

Once he glanced to the plate that originally had his fries, he saw that his grass cats had devoured them without so much as a second thought. Not that he seemed to mind, that's what he offered them out for.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 16:21:42 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
His reasoning was sound, and so she did not refute it.

The curious glances he sent her Hisuian Typhlosion did not go unnoticed. But she figured it was better to simply not comment on it. After all, disturbing a fire type while eating might not be wise.

Research, right his Amigo profile had mentioned something about that, right?

She tried to recollect. As she continued to eat alongside her Pokemon.

“What exactly is it you research?”

Her eyes followed Sven as he went to try his luck at one of the many game booths. “The chances are low, but never zero. Isn’t that what people say?” Elinor mused.

But she too would go to try her luck at the guess-how-many game. And she fared no better than Sven. Her guess had been 23. But it too had been a loss.

Returning to the table it seemed their Pokemon shared a similar appetite. Her food was gone.

“No luck for me either.”

PROMPT:

- Lose a Carnival Game

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]