POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 18:41:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@tag

words

notes
an open mission that involves... yep, dragons!

It was funny, how he’d agreed to do this.

So long as he wasn’t sighted by the general public he was pretty fine with doing this. Of course, he had to wonder what was up with all of the Dragon-types that needed training. Surely, one person couldn’t do it alone, and they needed help in order to get all the rest of them up to speed!

Well, I’m not doing anything right now, why not? He thought idly, turning up at the front gates of the…wow. Who knew that the person he was going to helping out was fucking loaded?

Blinking slightly at the sheer scale of the wealth that was on display, he was reminded of his family’s own… well, to be fair his no-good father had amassed most of that illegally, and he wanted nothing to do with it.

…even if all the money had been left to him in some kind of a ‘fuck you very much’ gesture!

Either way, here he was, packing his usual team of six, including Javert—as of now his only grown-up Dragon-type. At least the person who showed him in took the time to admire the Flygon that was flying behind him, wings humming slightly.

“…what, I’m the only one here?” he asks curiously, looking around at all of the young Dragon-types that were strolling around the grounds, evidently free to do…whatever they wanted.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the dragon's roar [mission]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 20:55:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]
[attr="class","mareep2-pokemon"]

[attr="class","mareep2-wrapper"]
[attr="class","mareep2-post"]

Bryony takes this mission because someone says to her that she use to train dragons so it'd be a perfect fit and she doesn't have the heart to tell them while that's not entirely wrong (and not entirely true), she was also never very good at it. So she gets pushed into doing something she knows she's going to fail at and so she accepts this fate like an oncoming car crash. It's the only choice, after all.

[break][break]

The estate is massive. Bryony stares at it for a while, hands twisting together in front of her. If she wants to run away, she can't. She has made a promise and a promise must always be kept. Summoning her courage, Bryony steps forth into the mansion.

[break][break]

The man who greets her wastes little time in presenting her with a Bagon. Bryony's smile twitches at the corner.

[break][break]

By the time someone else arrives, things are not going so well. Bryony scrambles after the Bagon. It runs from her, tiny legs propelling it forward. Chasing Bryony who chases the Bagon is a swablu, which chirps in distress.

[break][break]

The Bagon darts between the newcomer's legs and Bryony skids to a halt. She looks at the man, opens her mouth, then doubles over to gasp for air. The Bagon seems to be laughing.

[attr="class","mareep2-tagged"]

[attr="class","mareep2-lyrics"]
these infinite possibilities lost stars black holes

[newclass=.mareep2] background: #2b2b2b; width: 470px; border: 1px solid #222; margin: 0 auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-wrapper] padding: 40px; border-right: 100px solid #dea02c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-post] text-align: justify; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #bbb; line-height: 14px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged] text-align: right; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-right: -45px; margin-left: -30px; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a] color: #777!important; font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; margin-right: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a:before] content:"#"; color: #dea02c; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; margin-right: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-lyrics] background: #1b1b1b; padding: 20px; margin: -40px; margin-top: 0; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 10px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; color: #aaa; font-size: 7px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-lyrics i] color: #dea02c; font-style: normal; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon] position: absolute; right: 30px; top: 30px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon span] display: block; margin-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 22:54:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bryony

words

notes
why hello there.

The first thing he notices is the Swablu—surprising for someone like him, really. He’s sorely reminded of Nami, of how her light, ditzy airheadedness balanced the extreme seriousness that Ro and Alpha exuded. However, it’s the individual who comes to a running stop near him that catches his attention next.

“Easy there, catch your breath,” he begins, before looking down and seeing a Bagon—holy shit, an actual, legitimate Bagon—had come to a stop and was now hiding behind his boots.

“Let me take a guess, someone did an oops and is in trouble? he asks her a few moments later, the Flygon blinking curiously at the younger Dragon-type. While he didn’t have a proper—as in properly Dragon-type—draconid yet (as Javert was only viewed as a secondary draconid) he could only take a guess as to what the hell the Bagon had been doing before it had decided to run off and leave this young lady panting for air.

“What were you supposed to be doing with this one? Maybe I can help? he offers her a few moments later.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 17:21:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Bryony's face burns red as she tries to regain her breath and more than that, her composure. Lungs burning, she straightens but she keeps her eyes down and away from the man's face. She forces her breathing to even out. The Flygon catches her attention for a quick second, enough for her to regard it and its appearance. Her Swablu floats around it, chirping before she settles on the Flygon's tail, small feet clinging to it.

[break][break]

Bryony folds an arm over her chest and rubs at her bicep. "He plays too rough with the others and with people," she murmurs. "And if he sees something with wings, he likes to bite them."

[break][break]

She peeks up from under pale lashes, head still bowed.

[newclass=.mareep2] background: #2b2b2b; width: 470px; border: 1px solid #222; margin: 0 auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-wrapper] padding: 40px; border-right: 100px solid #dea02c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-post] text-align: justify; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #bbb; line-height: 14px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged] text-align: right; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-right: -45px; margin-left: -30px; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a] color: #777!important; font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; margin-right: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a:before] content:"#"; color: #dea02c; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; margin-right: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-lyrics] background: #1b1b1b; padding: 20px; margin: -40px; margin-top: 0; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 10px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; color: #aaa; font-size: 7px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon] position: absolute; right: 30px; top: 30px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon span] display: block; margin-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 18:43:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bryony

words

notes
*stares for a few moments*

“Whoa,” he says, watching as the Bagon goes right for his Flygon, who’s hovering probably one foot behind him, skimming the ground. Seeing that there was a Dragon-type headed right for him, the Flygon slowly but surely glides upward, seeing that the Bagon had made a beeline right for him and was going to try and take a bite out of his foot!

“Javert, be careful of that one. It’s a biter,” he says, and ever so carefully the Flygon hovers a little higher, just maybe high enough while keeping the Swablu on his tail perfectly balanced as he did so, blinking and outright flat-staring at the Bagon who was now growling and trying to get his flying ‘prey’.

“You’re right, he went right for my Flygon… wait, I think I have an idea, and a second Pokéball comes flying out, red beam transforming into the form of his Scizor, Zeis. The firetruck-red Pokémon blinks at the sudden emergence into sunlight—before the Bagon spots the red winged Pokémon and decides to make a beeline for him instead!

“…careful now, don’t hit it too hard, we’re supposed to teach them discipline!” Lars warns Zeis as the pincers of the other dual-type start to click menacingly at the Bagon’s sudden advance on him, before watching as it took a flying leap and attempted to take another flying leap, intent on chewing on the wings of the Scizor.

“Oh, I get it now,” he says presently, turning his attention back to his companion once he’s made a few more observations of the Bagon’s behavior.

“It’s the frustration of not being able to fly.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 2:52:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Bryony winces as the Bagon makes its attack. It bounces desperately, jaws snapping for the Flygon until it's distracted. Her gaze slides to the man and then to his newly summoned Pokemon. She wets her lip before folding it under.

[break][break]

"What - oh. Yes. He won't - he won't get wings until he reaches his third stage evolution." Her fingers tap against her arm. "Most Bagon are like this but they're not usually this aggressive."

[break][break]

Bryony shifts her weight from foot to foot. She leans down to try and pull the bagon back from the Scizor but its determination causes absolutely nothing to happen. Bryony strains to pull it back and the Bagon continues to snap at the other Pokemon.

[break][break]

"Bad - bad Bagon. Stop that. Please?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 15:18:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bryony

words

notes
late intro is late! A Noibat has approached Lars.

The Scizor, on the most part, continued to watch as the Bagon tried to snap its jaws in his direction. Looking completely unfazed, the other dual-type turns to Lars, piercing stare in inquiry.

“No, Zeis. You can’t eat him. I know you want to snap your pincers, but no. Don’t let yourself be fazed by its behavior, Lars says in the Scizor’s direction, hint of disapproval in his voice. A threatening snapping of the powerful pincers may not have been a threat, but the intent was clear—mess with the dual-type and there was going to be hell to pay.

“I wish I could say something, because I’ve been looking for a Bagon. However, luck hasn’t favored me so far,” he continues in his companion’s direction, watching as she tries to appease the little beast. It isn’t until much later does he feel something land atop his head does he look up—it’s a little Noibat, having been drawn to the scene of the shenanigans.

“Oh, hello there,” he says, hand reaching up to pat the Noibat gingerly on its head. “What brings you here?”

The little dual-type now resting in his hair lets out a weird, gargled chirping noise, before pointing down at the Bagon—before trying to catch his attention again.

“What? Sorry, I can’t understand you. Don’t you—don’t you wish you could understand what Pokémon are saying, just so you can fathom what they really want to tell you?” he asks the female again, before finally remembering to do something.

“…it’s Lars. You can call me Lars, he adds a few moments later, introducing himself while trying to get the Noibat off his head.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 21:40:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Most of the time, Bryony doesn't mind listening to others. She likes listening because she's good at it and it means she doesn't have to do the talking. Right now, tired and frustrated, she would like nothing more than for the man to stop talking and maybe help her teach the Bagon to stop being a brat.

[break][break]

The Bagon breaks free of her grip and Bryony stumbles back. She sucks a sharp breath in and tries to look unphased and like that didn't use up the majority of her strength. She crouches on the ground and pushes a curl of hair from her face before looking up.

[break][break]

"I - um - sometimes?" Bryony replies, voice so quiet she can barely hear herself. She stands and dusts her knees off, then her palms. His introduction gives her pause. She blinks before offering a thin hand out.

[break][break]

"Bryony. It's um - nice to meet you. So the - the pokemon."

[break][break]

She draws her hand back and gestures towards the bagon. "Training."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2019 21:01:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bryony

words

notes
snip SNAP

With the real chirpy Noibat now nestled in his hair, he could only guess as to what the hell it wanted. Was he going to risk it and pick up the Bagon? Well, Rangers are known to handle dangerous Pokémon and bring them to safer places for release, so…

Would it even make sense at all?

“Javert, help me out if this gets messy,” he says to the Flygon, who by now is content with having a Swablu hanging off his tail for the ride and watching what his human companion was about to do—which certainly involved walking over to where the Bagon was being all flighty and picking the Dragon-type right up.

With absolutely no regard for danger at all. Even if the Dragon-type would end up biting him, would he care? No.

Because that’s what Rangers do!

The Bagon let out a sudden whine, and in turn Lars affixed his best stoniest stare at the Dragon-type. “Look,” he begins softly, staring right at the Bagon in the eye. “I don’t care if you try to kill me, or breathe fire at me, but you’ve got to listen to us,” he tries, never breaking eye contact.

You just had to get up close and personal with some of the Pokémon, and this was looking to be one of those cases. Hopefully it wasn’t going to backfire.

A chirping noise from within his hair indicated that the Noibat agreed…or at least, he thought the Noibat agreed with what he said. Lars really wasn’t too sure if Pokémon could really, truly understand human speech.

“If you go out of here, and you’re a mess, you’re going to die. I’m not kidding. It’s a man eat man world out there. Do you want to get stronger?” he ends, eyes staring as hard as he could into the squirming Bagon’s line of sight. He was pretty sure that the Dragon-type was going to make a bite of his hand—and instead tried to bite him on the nose!

“WHOA!” he yelled, quickly holding his arms back out to prevent the Bagon from chomping down on his face.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2019 11:29:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Bryony watches him, lips pulling back into a small grimace as he pushes the bagon into his face. She's known too many tales of people doing exactly that, only to end up paying the price. Her hands reach out ever so slightly then draw back to her chest. She fidgets, watching the interaction with the tension of a thread pulled to its limit.

[break][break]

And to no one's surprise, especially not Bryony's, the bagon attempts to bite him. She swallows a hefty sigh, the kind usually reserved for Mateo or Noelle or even Morgan.

[break][break]

"Let me - let me try something," she murmurs, searching her small satchel for something. From it, she plucks out a cheri berry. Bryony turns it about in her fingers then approaches the rowdy bagon, still held within Laurence's hands. She gestures for him to set the Pokemon down and, when he does, crouches before the dragon. Bryony offers the fruit out and the bagon snaps for it almost instantly.

[break][break]

"No." Bryony taps a fist against its nose. "Sit." She holds the berry above its head and, with the bagon distracted, sets her other hand near the base of its tail and presses down. With a bit of effort, the small pokemon drops into a sit and Bryony rewards it with the berry.

[break][break]

"I have a few more," she says, glancing up at Laurence. "We could, um - maybe bribing them will work."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2019 20:08:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bryony

words

notes
food soothes the savage beast apparently!

Note to self: don’t do that again, he thought with a grim look on his face as he looked at his companion, who made a motion to set the Bagon down. This he did, while the Noibat perched in his hair let out a derisive snort and a chuckle as the other Dragon-type was freed from Lars’ hold.

The moment the strange lady had produced a berry, the Noibat began to chirp loudly, wanting one too. “Shush, you’ll get your turn,” Lars mutters, looking up right into the face of a Noibat who was now hanging by his—whoa! “Hey, don’t hang onto my hair!” he mutters a few moments later, trying to pull the dual-type back—because holy heck it was hanging onto his spiked-up hair!

The two then watched with amusement as she tamed the ‘savage beast’, so to speak, before making the Bagon actually sit down and then snap at the little Cheri berry. To nobody’s surprise, it actually worked.

Chirping noises became louder as the Noibat was now trying to reach for a Berry or two, and Lars had to gently swat the little draconid’s paws from trying to ruin his hair. “Behave yourself up there,” he says to the Pokémon perched in his hair. “If you do, you’ll get one too. Okay?

Turning his attention back to her, he could only scratch the back of his head. “Yeah, I’m not going to do that again. The Bagon almost got my nose,” he says with a sheepish apologetic look.

“Can I have a Berry, please? Going to try to calm down the little joker that’s perched in my hair, he adds, gesturing up to the Noibat, who seemingly waves in greeting at the lady with the food.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 11:29:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Bryony glances up at the question, then further up to look at the Noibat. She smiles, small and slight, and gives a nod. From her satchel, she pulls out a silk pouch and from it, she takes out another cheriberry before offering the pouch out. It's filled with the small red fruits.

[break][break]

Her attention goes back to the Bagon. Bryony holds the cheriberry in front of it. The dragon type snaps for it, but she's quick to pull her hand away and give it another bump on the nose. "No. Be nice."

[break][break]

She offers it out again. The bagon glares at her, but its desire for the fruit is stronger than anything else in the moment. And so it leans forward, mouth open, and looks at her with a semblence of annoyance. Bryony pops the berry into its jaws. She scratches it under the chin and smiles.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2019 8:18:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bryony

words

notes
here

“Thank you,” he says softly, reaching in and pulling out a few of the Cheri berries before watching her for a few moments as she attempts to calm the very hangry Bagon down.

While there’s a little bit of defiance from the Dragon-type’s part, he watches with this amused look on his face as the Pokémon settles down and takes the Cheri Berry a few moments later. A chin scratch is rewarded right afterward, and from this angle, Lars can’t even tell that this was the same Pokémon that tried to bite his nose off.

He then hears a very hungry chirping coming from atop his head and looks up in time to see that the Noibat is hanging onto his hair again, and he blows some wind from between his lips to shoo the bat-dragon back up higher. “Hey, don’t pull so hard,” he says, reaching up to give the Cheri Berry to the overeager bat-dragon.

Quickly snatching it with the other paw, he hears the sounds of munching before feeling something wet dribble down his face—it isn’t until a few moments later does he realize that the Noibat was dripping juices from the Berry it was eating!

He then heard his Flygon gave a derisive snort, and he quickly turned around to face Javert. “Up yours,” he says to the chuckling dual-type who was now shaking in absolute mirth at the sight.

He heard another chirping and quickly passed another Berry up to the Noibat, who snatched it and devoured it in mere moments. He felt the same juice splatter from earlier running down his face, and he could only sigh afterward.

“Seriously, you’re such a messy eater,” he said to the Noibat, who chirped in his face in return before scuttling back up into his hair and resumed its perch there.

“Are they really messy eaters?” he asks his companion, searching his pockets to see if he has something to wipe down the stains on his face with.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2019 11:37:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Bryony looks over at the man in time to see the splatter of transluscent red dripping down his face. She smiles, lips folding together to hold back a giggle. As she stands, Bryony plucks a small pack of mint scented tissues from her satchel. She pulls a few free and offers them out to Laurence.

[break][break]

"That one um, it seems to like you," she says, daring to look at him for longer than before. "Fruits are Noibats favorite. Even after they evolve, they um, still love fruits. They don't actually eat meat."

[break][break]

Someone in the village had one. It had been an ornery creature that only listened to its own trainer and then Mateo and Noelle. It had scared Bryony too much to approach it and she can remember, the one time it had come near her nosing for the berries in her pocket, she had started crying.

[break][break]

"I like them best like this," Bryony admits, voice small.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2019 18:46:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bryony

words

notes
feel free to turn it in after you're done? uwu

“You think I can be able to keep this one?” he asks her, wondering if they would at least be allowed to take some of the Pokémon with them after they were done. “At least this one doesn’t dislike me,” he adds as he reaches for the mint-scented wipes and begins to wipe his face down.

The Noibat in his hair lets out a little chuckle—or a derisive snort, Lars doesn’t really know which—before returning to its comfortable ‘perch’ in his hair. “Oh? I didn’t know that,” he says her way, trying to look up at the Noibat once again. “So they’re not carnivorous like most other Dragon-types?”

Another chirping noise comes from the Noibat, before the Flygon approaches and squints at the little thing in his human companion’s hair with an air of suspicion. “Oh, come on, Javert, don’t be jealous… I’m pretty sure he’s only staying there until we leave once we’re done,” he remarks in the Flygon’s direction.

After getting what he takes as a huff from the dragonfly Pokémon, he sighs. “Are Dragon-types also jealous? Well, at least the half-Dragon ones like him,” he ponders, gesturing with a head tilt in the Flygon’s direction. “He was an extremely touchy Trapinch when I first got him. Big-headed, couldn’t even waddle around at all.”

And then there was the Swablu his sister Léanne had given him. He wondered if that Pokémon also had a jealous streak.

“They’re actually not half-bad once they’re behaved,” he says presently, looking over at the Bagon, who had now eaten its fair share of Berries before letting out a burp in the lady’s direction.

“Manners,” he adds a few moments later, chuckling softly.